I saw a thread a while back talking about how there was a lot of gold in the game which was inflating prices, and there is neary a way to remove the gold, as it just changes ownership. The thread was trying to find a "gold suck" to spend and remove excess gold from the game. I had an idea that might work as well.. it might spice up the Holiday festival, should STS choose to bring it back this year.

Because the Halloween festival was a direct port with only minor changes, I feel that we can anticipate something similar for a Winter Festival. To spice it up, I propose that STS bring back a standard version of the event for everyone to enjoy, as well as a premium version (pay to play). The idea would be that you could pay to play a run on a designated holiday map. It could cost say 50k or 100k to do a run. The benefit would be that running on this pay to play map could result in special drops not attainable through the regular maps. (Maybe a few new pinks with stats slightly better than the other Winter Festival pinks for twinking), or some vanity drops only available through this run. These items wouldn't provide a huge advantage, but they would be exclusive which might drive players to try it. Because they are drops, it means that paying for a run doesn't guarantee an item, and this would only appeal to players with excessive gold who seek these exclusive items. Alternatively, we could have a 50k/100k (theoretical amounts) entry fee or some amount of plat, but that might result in a less effective gold suck. However, the plat entry fee could motivate STS to develop this additional content.

I am not try to make the game pay to play, and I still want their to be a regular Winter Festival, but it's just an idea for some bonus content that might help the economy etc. I am not rich in-game with gold or plat and don't think this would be a big benefit for me, but I think there might be players who would take advantage of this new content.

Please post constructive feedback. No flaming.