Thread: Pet care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Pet care

I have been giving some thought to the idea of how to keep people at least moderately active in the game on an ongoing basis. It seems like there is a big spike of activity whenever there is a new patch or new levels, but then peeps get bored, don't grind as much, and then the activity kind of falls off...

I have been also reading about some of the ideas for future updates, etc and really like the idea of "Pets". While pets have an appeal all of their own and there are a number of ways they can be implemented in game, one idea might make pets interesting and also give people a reason to come back and at least spend some time on the game on a more frequent basis - pet care!

Pets require food and exercise on a regular basis. Provided with the right food and exercise, pets grow into more capable, more useful, toon companions. Pet food can be purchased in town, but perhaps the best foods get looted from the dungeons and/or purchased in the Auction Haus.

Only caveat here is that sometimes peeps go on vacations where they can't login, so there should be some accommodations for this. Perhaps a pet sitting store that will maintain your pet for some period of time in exchange for gold or something.

What do you think?

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

no i dont wana play nintedogs sorry !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pet care
    Sounds like too much of a hassle, people need to "want", to log in and play this game not "have" to cause your pet might starve to death or w/e , and going with this option, it will make this game sound like some of those cheesy virtual pet games blah lol
    IAMBIRDMAN LVL50 SNIPER
    IAMTHEBEAR LVL45 TANK
    IAMABOOMSTICK LV45 NUKER/HEALER
    I put reality into words.