Thread: Mass terrors recipe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Default Mass terrors recipe

So it looks like mass terrors crates recipe was removed from crafting I'm just wondering why? I thought a dev once said as long as you had the recipes you could continue crafting even after the event has ended? I had invested in 255 recipes but now seems like it's gonna be worthless now just wondering why STS started deleting them now this wasn't the case last year but guess now it is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

It was stated well before the event ended that they wouldnt work after the cooldown.

To me, it is the right way but of course most will say otherwise.

You shouldn't be able to craft event only locks at any time of year .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostNoob View Post
    It was stated well before the event ended that they wouldnt work after the cooldown.

To me, it is the right way but of course most will say otherwise.

You shouldn't be able to craft event only locks at any time of year .
    Last year we could craft as many as we wanted if we had recipes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scarysmerf View Post
    So it looks like mass terrors crates recipe was removed from crafting I'm just wondering why? I thought a dev once said as long as you had the recipes you could continue crafting even after the event has ended? I had invested in 255 recipes but now seems like it's gonna be worthless now just wondering why STS started deleting them now this wasn't the case last year but guess now it is
    yes it must be something wrong , recipe event is the best one to help new player as they dont have any gold loot item . STS Whats wrong with you ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iceater View Post
    yes it must be something wrong , recipe event is the best one to help new player as they dont have any gold loot item . STS Whats wrong with you ?
    Recipes are not the best investment for new players. By the time the recipe is worth anything substantial, the players could easily be capped. If they are "new" then their focus shouldnt be long term hoarding of an item, rather trying to boost there gold quickly so they can afford the gears they need to actually be competent in maps.a bunch of recipes sitting in your inventory are not going to help you kill things for the 3-6months it takes for the recipes to be worth anything.

Sts is smart to do this. You do not see why? They have to pay bills....more exclusive items will make people open the locks, making them more money. Simple.

@ op - yes that was a year ago, things can change and have.

It should have been stated this was the intent this year but it is a smart decision by them. Your a forumer, you didnt look this up to see if they were usable?

Other recipes had been made obsolete out of their season iirc, so this wouldnt be the first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

I think it was only in the chatbox, i'm sure alot of people missed it.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thewolfbull For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostNoob View Post
    Recipes are not the best investment for new players. By the time the recipe is worth anything substantial, the players could easily be capped. If they are "new" then their focus shouldnt be long term hoarding of an item, rather trying to boost there gold quickly so they can afford the gears they need to actually be competent in maps.a bunch of recipes sitting in your inventory are not going to help you kill things for the 3-6months it takes for the recipes to be worth anything.

Sts is smart to do this. You do not see why? They have to pay bills....more exclusive items will make people open the locks, making them more money. Simple.

@ op - yes that was a year ago, things can change and have.

It should have been stated this was the intent this year but it is a smart decision by them. Your a forumer, you didnt look this up to see if they were usable?

Other recipes had been made obsolete out of their season iirc, so this wouldnt be the first.
    Lol I'm one of thier best customers I buy 1700 plat almost every month plus in the past this was not the case we could craft all the lockeds we wanted last year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

They have been trying for many events to limit event lock creation just to the cooldown period. There were complaints the first few times they tried it and they turned it back on. However, they have been slowly moving back towards this, by discontinuing recipes for example. This is the natural progression of an old implementation.

Star light, star bright...