Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the best memory/memories you've had in AL (so far)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Default What's the best memory/memories you've had in AL (so far)?

General discussion these days are terrible. Recently almost everytime I read a thread, there's always two people arguing or throwing grade-school insults at each other. What're you five? (Hehe I know I am). It really gives the community a bad impression, at least to new players who want to find out want kind of community we have outside app.

So let's have a change of tone and talk about something positive. What's the best memory/memories in your AL life so far? I don't care if you're an old player or just someone new in the game. What made you decide to keep playing the game and even go as far as checking the forums reading this thread right now? I'd love to hear them, and some people might as well.

For me the best part is around 36 cap when I started playing the game. I wasn't really into it, but sort of went along for anyways to kill time. I thought the game wasn't really that special. That as until I stumbled into a rogue now named Queendex. At the time, the AL community was very lively. As a noob, it wasn't uncommon for you to stumble upon another newbie in a map and you both end up talking to each other while trying to figure out how to kill the boss. That was exactly what happened with us, a friendship was made, I joined her guild, and when she left it, I went with her and we formed Eutopia. It was honestly the best thing that ever happened to me in an MMO. I hated the idea of creating a guild, I wanted to join Epitome of Silentkill (nods to all of you who still remember the guild), but at the same time, I couldn't force her to go with me and I couldn't leave her as well, so I put all my trust in her and just went along.

Along the way, I've met so many great people. We didn't even aim to get strong players, we preferred newbies who were lively, so we could help them and we could all grow together, build a family. During its run I've met so many friends that I still talk to even now. I've always been antisocial before, it got to the point where I just really embraced the fact that I was boring, so I could never really get along with people well on our first meeting. AL was my escape, because nobody knew me there, so I figured it was my chance to recreate myself. Before AL I would've never thought I would make so many friends for different parts of the world, friends that would make me want to login, even if I don't plan on doing anything, just to keep them company and have a good laugh. Its funny that I felt more like myself when I was in game than in real life, so eventually I've decided to approach people just like how I approach my friends in game, and now you'll probably have to kill me first before you can get me to stop talking.

I'm normally forgetful, really its terrible. I usually forget a lot of memories I was involved in that other people cherished, I'm sorry for that. But know that everytime I think about the best memories I've had in game, I always, ALWAYS try my best to remember every single detail of us holding guild events, forming lines each class to keep everyone organized, throwing jokes at each other while waiting for the next quiz question.

Eutopia, you were the best memory I've ever had in any game. To my in-game family that made it such an incredible experience for me, most of us have all separated ways now, but with those memories, you will hold a part of me, and I will hold a part of you.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Arachnophobik For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

The memories of farming locked crates in km3 .. getting pve kills, watching those fireworks go off when you looted one ... good times

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yeh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Running events without getting recoloured stuff.
    Hitting Plat tier and get something that’s worth to grind....

Miss those days.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crankomaniac For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnophobik View Post
    General discussion these days are terrible. Recently almost everytime I read a thread, there's always two people arguing or throwing grade-school insults at each other. What're you five? (Hehe I know I am). It really gives the community a bad impression, at least to new players who want to find out want kind of community we have outside app.

So let's have a change of tone and talk about something positive. What's the best memory/memories in your AL life so far? I don't care if you're an old player or just someone new in the game. What made you decide to keep playing the game and even go as far as checking the forums reading this thread right now? I'd love to hear them, and some people might as well.

For me the best part is around 36 cap when I started playing the game. I wasn't really into it, but sort of went along for anyways to kill time. I thought the game wasn't really that special. That as until I stumbled into a rogue now named Queendex. At the time, the AL community was very lively. As a noob, it wasn't uncommon for you to stumble upon another newbie in a map and you both end up talking to each other while trying to figure out how to kill the boss. That was exactly what happened with us, a friendship was made, I joined her guild, and when she left it, I went with her and we formed Eutopia. It was honestly the best thing that ever happened to me in an MMO. I hated the idea of creating a guild, I wanted to join Epitome of Silentkill (nods to all of you who still remember the guild), but at the same time, I couldn't force her to go with me and I couldn't leave her as well, so I put all my trust in her and just went along.

Along the way, I've met so many great people. We didn't even aim to get strong players, we preferred newbies who were lively, so we could help them and we could all grow together, build a family. During its run I've met so many friends that I still talk to even now. I've always been antisocial before, it got to the point where I just really embraced the fact that I was boring, so I could never really get along with people well on our first meeting. AL was my escape, because nobody knew me there, so I figured it was my chance to recreate myself. Before AL I would've never thought I would make so many friends for different parts of the world, friends that would make me want to login, even if I don't plan on doing anything, just to keep them company and have a good laugh. Its funny that I felt more like myself when I was in game than in real life, so eventually I've decided to approach people just like how I approach my friends in game, and now you'll probably have to kill me first before you can get me to stop talking.

I'm normally forgetful, really its terrible. I usually forget a lot of memories I was involved in that other people cherished, I'm sorry for that. But know that everytime I think about the best memories I've had in game, I always, ALWAYS try my best to remember every single detail of us holding guild events, forming lines each class to keep everyone organized, throwing jokes at each other while waiting for the next quiz question.

Eutopia, you were the best memory I've ever had in any game. To my in-game family that made it such an incredible experience for me, most of us have all separated ways now, but with those memories, you will hold a part of me, and I will hold a part of you.
    Acquiring your "first" mythic item via auction purchase, after "actually" working hard for it....

LOL..... Those were some "FUN" days in "High Society" guild.....

Cannot be matched..........

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

Entering tdm (trulle) at low twink levels and the lobbies always becoming full within a minute

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Screenshotz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Opening a bunch of locked grand crates of the watch and Loot my first arcane pet (samael), sold it to buy my dream spider pet (shadowlurk or frosteye) don't remember which it was xD man that was good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crankomaniac View Post
    Running events without getting recoloured stuff.
    Hitting Plat tier and get something that’s worth to grind....

Miss those days.
    +100 fr this

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Farming using luck items. Kraken mines is always full. Best time ever!!!!

Sent from my FlareA1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Looting ITEMS to make gold as opposed to Gold loot Gold Loot Gold Loot

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spheresome For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

I forgot how we met @arach
    Also did u find out if others are still alive, yohoe, etc?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Agirlnamedbob View Post
    Opening a bunch of locked grand crates of the watch and Loot my first arcane pet (samael), sold it to buy my dream spider pet (shadowlurk or frosteye) don't remember which it was xD man that was good
    You, my friend, are a nab
    -Ancient
    Don't quote me

inmortal demon grotto, chilling with the dark crow
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

killing trulle with a looby full of guildies, farming malison by killing elite bael, showing off to friends the techno viking title when 36 was lvl cap, running planar tombs to farm breeze ( when the timer was taken off for a couple months)

a shoutout to that one guy that scammed me for the firs time without you i would have been scammed a lot, miss you bro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spheresome View Post
    Looting ITEMS to make gold as opposed to Gold loot Gold Loot Gold Loot
    Before even if you're low level you can earn gold if you have lepre.

Sent from my FlareA1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Looting lockeds of the watch from Jarl with friends and farming for my first lepre. Ive been such a nab at game launch but still a great time.
    When i had enough gold to start merching lb sets, playing with a risk and still making profit with the merch has been my favourite time overall. New vanities and gear every day just by trading around was fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

My best memory is when I met two of my bffs that I still talk to today: Darrksight/nerfedx and Elenyore. We have so much in common that I feel as if I know them irl. Also when I joined the guild Executionerz (after Assassinators got destroyed)...those were the best memories of my life, as well as when I created my own guild Arcanum Knights. Yeah, most of my fond memories involve in the social status in the game xD. I rarely ran any maps XD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    I forgot how we met @arach
    Also did u find out if others are still alive, yohoe, etc?
    I believe we met in Eminence guild hall while hanging out with Yohoe! ^_^ Sadly, I've sent friend requests to his accounts and I don't think he's still active :<
    Still hoping though, maybe he'll come back at Winter event to check things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Agirlnamedbob View Post
    That's one of the most heartbreaking stories I've ever heard. But hey, can't judge someone for trying to reach his dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasaria View Post
    farming malison by killing elite bael
    Literally my the journey to my first myth set <3

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    Looting lockeds of the watch from Jarl with friends and farming for my first lepre. Ive been such a nab at game launch but still a great time.
    When i had enough gold to start merching lb sets, playing with a risk and still making profit with the merch has been my favourite time overall. New vanities and gear every day just by trading around was fun.
    Niiicely done, I suck terribly at merching, been trying it out again recently though, seeing a bit progress. Gotta admit, the feeling of getting your
    merch sold and making profit really does feel nice. Risky, but addicting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippertwo View Post
    My best memory is when I met two of my bffs that I still talk to today: Darrksight/nerfedx and Elenyore. We have so much in common that I feel as if I know them irl. Also when I joined the guild Executionerz (after Assassinators got destroyed)...those were the best memories of my life, as well as when I created my own guild Arcanum Knights. Yeah, most of my fond memories involve in the social status in the game xD. I rarely ran any maps XD.
    I feel you! This is why I have such low APs, never really aimed to grind the hardest maps, if it happens it happens. I think the biggest asset the game has is its community, its amazing for a mobile mmo, there's always people around talking to each other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

I believe we met in Eminence guild hall while hanging out with Yohoe! ^_^ Sadly, I've sent friend requests to his accounts and I don't think he's still active :<
    Still hoping though, maybe he'll come back at Winter event to check things out.
    yea sadly most went inactive, its kinda surprising that you're back
    still remember annoying certain ppl in that guild you were in, after emi decided to kick me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Tarlok event
    Halloween 2014
    Long chats in guild hall about random stuff XD
    Buying my first lepre and running around naked in maps trying to loot locks ( sold all i had at the time XD )
    A few good pvp clashes here and there .

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Being "DISSED" by Deviant Misfits and Enigmatic guilds when trying to join....... LOL........ They didn't accept noobs.......... LOL....................

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    936 Posts

I have many favorite memories. But one that really takes me back is in 2013 when everyday i was excited to play. AL was my first MMO and really my first online game, so i was in awe with the fact that i was playing with other people. I used to always chill in the kraag guild castle, (which is why i never reached the 26 or 31 cap). I met many friends and i started a guild with them. We ran maps together and we were both very active, until eventually we went our separate ways. Then when the 2013 halloween event came, i changed my ign to Zylx and joined an endgame guild. Around that time i joined the forums and started loving the game outside-the-game.

Part of me wishes i could go back in time and experience AL when it was fresh in my mind. When i didn't know everything that i know today. When no one knew me and when i had the energy to go out and meet new people. Every once in a while, i create a new account and try playing the game as a new player, but it just isn't the same.

I wish i could reconnect with those old friends, it might reignite my spark for the game, or it might not. Who knows.

But even since then, i've met some amazing people and i don't regret any amount of time I've spent being apart of this extraordinary community. I love the friends i have today, and i love everything I've experienced with them. Even in my prime days of being apart of the Line community, especially the dramatic era which was really fun tbh.

But i really wish i could forget everything about AL and start from the beginning when the game was such a novelty for me.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post: