Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 11/28/18 | Preview | HARDCORE MODE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itupastolab View Post
    I suggest separate lb for plat user and non plat user. Because plat user have HUGE advantage. To make the hardcore lb fair need to separate plat user and non plat user.

Sent from my FlareA1 using Tapatalk
    Then why would people buy plat when everyone could just play for free on an even playing field?

Plat is pretty much how this game has kept going for 6 years, people who spend money irl should have an advantage and will likely top all leaderboards.

At the end of the day it's all free content at point of entry and STS need to make revenue. Don't like not being the best, either pay or don't play for lb.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Probably wastinf of time.. U can add trade system only in hardcore to hardcore characters so we can sell items and pets to others hardcore players

Sent from my CPH1729 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

И смысл играть? Хардкор режим вообще ни понятно зачем создали. Ведь это просто тратишь время в пустую

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    So looted any arcanes items in every map according to you? Think not lol
    Don't be daydreaming with your eyes open or confuse my realism with salt.
    Well if STS refuses to make their game better that is another thing, but I don’t see the point of being against a new idea; one which has literally nothing to do with what you have done until now. You can stick to normal mode and never make a hardcore character, and you won’t notice a thing. It’s not like you’re forced to do it. You know they can add or change little things here and there to improve it, and it will probably happen.

Seriously though, I still don’t understand why would someone be against this.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Dang I was doing so well in hardcore until scratch spawned. One hit gg
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    The idea of restricting this for end game is to encourage not only completing the main game and levelling but to offer a challenge once end game has been completed.

So allowing people to have access before completing end game defeats the whole idea...

If you can’t level and reach cap in end game what the chances you’ll get very far on hardcore ? :3

Food for thought...

1 <3
    I don’t think it defeats the purpose and I’ll use hardcore Ironman in osrs as a perfect example of hardcore mode exsisting without being forced to play standard. Imo all it does is ensure less people play. So no matter how you slice it that’s the end result, less people playing. The content has no relations whatsoever to our mains so to me that doesn’t seem very logical. If I haven’t capped since 66 but have 650+k pve kills over 48k aps amongst two chars I’m not qualified to play it? Some could be burnt out on standard and this was something new and fresh that coulda been appealing to even possibly peak the interest of people who haven’t played much in a while like myself. I don’t see how that could possibly be a bad thing or why anyone would be against this being accessible to all players to try if they wanted.

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    Well if STS refuses to make their game better that is another thing, but I don’t see the point of being against a new idea; one which has literally nothing to do with what you have done until now. You can stick to normal mode and never make a hardcore character, and you won’t notice a thing. It’s not like you’re forced to do it. You know they can add or change little things here and there to improve it, and it will probably happen.

People that don't have need for it will always say that it's not needed. (cough)
    C'est la vie
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I think there's a lot of stuff that need to be adjusted. Hard core mode can not be the exact same as normal mode without the CS and stash doesn't make sense. Some NPCs, quests and features should be corrected to fit the HC mode in a way that it would appear that someone actually put some thought into it ("let's take away CS and see what happens" is not quite complete idea). I was way too bored to go past kraag for now since it's exactly the same as normal mode, but from what I've noticed, the shady mage that sells stuff in Brackenridge still gives us ANKHS. What for? We don't need this item in HC mode except if someone wants to take a picture with it. Also, in Brack mines there's noone in that underground map where that utterly boring quest should be done (the one that makes us go back there for 5 times). I'd suggest a few testers go run every map and quest at least once, put some thought into what should and should not be changed, and then we go play some "new" feature and spend some quality time in a game that does not feel as if it's dying due to lack of creativity. (I'm saying this with best of intentions)

Oh, one more thing. In HC mode, joining maps for the players should also be level-limited. There's not much skill into a new toon playing with friends which are already lvl 40 and above, right? So if people that are only +/- 2 levels apart can play together in a map (like it is in event maps) it would be better challenging and more "skill" oriented Cheers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For example if I do the Quest with my lvl 71 Character and then I do new Character and click on Hardcore character is my 71 character away? Or is it away if I die with my hardcore character? Or is Hardcore Character special character that has nothing to do with the 71 Character?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by eis View Post
    И смысл играть? Хардкор режим вообще ни понятно зачем создали. Ведь это просто тратишь время в пустую
    На прикол

Отправлено с моего SM-A605FN через Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    417 Posts

Thx very much for that insane mode STS!!

I was very skeptical at first but dang i really enjoy this!!! hahaha

my first character has die at level 20 in kt1 (i was shocked!!), and i told myself ok i have try, its fine, lets go back to my main.... 10 min later i had create a second hardcore toon and im already at lvl13 lolll

The way i see it is that you need to go very slowly and be very strategic, so anyone who say plat user have huge advantage are wrong, if u do it slowly and don't rush its very doable,
    just don't rush!!!

Its a very stressing mode but i like it!!!

and the 1600 plat is fine imo, this way when ppl die they just restart with nothing and try their luck again!!!

PS: Only thing i'm sure would encourage more people is to give more basic movement speed to hardcore toon (consolation of being a mere mortal!)

Hanumanix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    Thx very much for that insane mode STS!!

I was very skeptical at first but dang i really enjoy this!!! hahaha

my first character has die at level 20 in kt1 (i was shocked!!), and i told myself ok i have try, its fine, lets go back to my main.... 10 min later i had create a second hardcore toon and im already at lvl13 lolll

The way i see it is that you need to go very slowly and be very strategic, so anyone who say plat user have huge advantage are wrong, if u do it slowly and don't rush its very doable,
    just don't rush!!!

Its a very stressing mode but i like it!!!

and the 1600 plat is fine imo, this way when ppl die they just restart with nothing and try their luck again!!!

PS: Only thing i'm sure would encourage more people is to give more basic movement speed to hardcore toon (consolation of being a mere mortal!)

Hanumanix
    Yeah, toons here need more advantage than just playing regular maps and no deaths. That's insane
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post

Because it disgust me that hardcore mode is just for getting sts $$$, there isn't a single thing that money can't buy in this game anymore.
    They could've highkey invested time in something else more worthwhile for the community, but instead just release a recolor of AL, again mb if me being straight blunt counts as salt lol, I just say things as they are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Its rather sad that you can just get to lvl 65 by using 500 plat, if anything they should've made it so that plat users get close to no advantages, give them the chance to look pretty and what not for using plat, not gear, lvl, etc advantage.

PS: there's no way for f2p players can get crafting inven slots, plat offers don't count

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elichka View Post
    I think there's a lot of stuff that need to be adjusted. Hard core mode can not be the exact same as normal mode without the CS and stash doesn't make sense. Some NPCs, quests and features should be corrected to fit the HC mode in a way that it would appear that someone actually put some thought into it ("let's take away CS and see what happens" is not quite complete idea). I was way too bored to go past kraag for now since it's exactly the same as normal mode, but from what I've noticed, the shady mage that sells stuff in Brackenridge still gives us ANKHS. What for? We don't need this item in HC mode except if someone wants to take a picture with it. Also, in Brack mines there's noone in that underground map where that utterly boring quest should be done (the one that makes us go back there for 5 times). I'd suggest a few testers go run every map and quest at least once, put some thought into what should and should not be changed, and then we go play some "new" feature and spend some quality time in a game that does not feel as if it's dying due to lack of creativity. (I'm saying this with best of intentions)

Oh, one more thing. In HC mode, joining maps for the players should also be level-limited. There's not much skill into a new toon playing with friends which are already lvl 40 and above, right? So if people that are only +/- 2 levels apart can play together in a map (like it is in event maps) it would be better challenging and more "skill" oriented Cheers!
    I agree with this. I will add more stuff that I noticed (or someone else):

1. There's an AP which requires us to list an item in auction.
    2. Since there is no trading, I think we should be looting more stuff for our class too. I went through Kraken Isles and Nordr and didn't loot a single epic or rare item for warrior, everything was for Mages and Rogues.
    3. Add better pets that we can drop from Bosses or Minions or Chests.
    4. Not 100% sure on this one, but I never re-rolled any item with the Beginner's Luck Elixir, and never saw anyone else re-roll something. Check if Luck is working correctly?
    5. Remove Ankhs from anywhere. Elite Runners, Klass, Shazbot, etc.
    6. Make a new way to expand our crafting inventory space (without plats). I know it is possible if we really want to, but it would take months and some luck to expand the space for 25 slots, which is not very good.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I hope vial drop on hardcore mode better than normal

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #97
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Hi folks, thanks for the feedback, please keep it flowing here: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...eedback-thread
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com