Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 11/28/18 | Preview | HARDCORE MODE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

do we need to level up to 66 or 71 ? need quick answer u.u Ive ask others and say 66 but some says 71

Thanks guys

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    You don't know how far people will go in AL do u lol and I thought I didn't play much
    Dont use events of past to speculate the future, it serves no value. Lets wait and watch for far people will go.

Not like if you try to legit PvP in hardcore mode you'll get punished hard for it :P
    You die once and you lose the whole progress, gear, kdr, etc., that punishment isnt hard enough?
    May be devs can add account ban specialy for you.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

*yawn* Lets reboot the game!!!! and make it harder!! woopie.. Listen if you want Hardcore mode now, Make a new toon. Ask a friend to get you to Kelys via Planar Tombs, and goto shuyal map1 : Shadow plains.. And boom there you go hardcore mode lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Maybe no good pets will make players rely on skill and build instead of gold.
    *Buying malison, ribbit and Kelvin HC mode*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    No you misunderstand too lol, you need gear, good pets or else you'll die way too easy. Where do u get a decent pet from? Right events.
    There isn't a single good pet that is lootable in the current maps, good ones come from events and locks.
    We don't know if the loot tables are the same for Hardcore mode though. They can easily add Arcane items in loot tables for every map. It will be no problem because you cannot transfer items anyway, and it would have zero effect on economy. As you can see the highest reward at the moment is for level 50, which in my opinion is very easy to achieve, and you will have no reason to risk your toons in Mausoleum (curse).

But still, I don't see why all the hate is coming for this. It's 100% optional as it is, and there's absolutely no need to bring salt in the thread. Instead of using our efforts to criticize this idea, we can do it to bring suggestions and hope that some of them are added.
    Retired

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

hmm so have been looking forward to this as I know with many others as well. However, there are some concerns which others have already mentioned which could hopefully still be addressed and cleared up to get everyone on the same page of understanding...

"On ACHIEVEMENTS
    - After reviewing feedback we have decided to separate the 'Hardcore' mode character achievements into their own category. These will be visible only to Hardcore characters and will not affect normal players' advancement."

In regards with the above... where is the sense in keeping the achievements separate?? You've already mentioned that in hardcore you wont be able to stand around the same soical zones as you can in normal mode which makes total sense... however if you can only show off your achievments to the 3 other people in the map your in, then your not really able to show off your hard earnt achievement at all...

As fun as it might be for a little while to just try out the hardcore mode... I struggle to see any sustainability with it if you dont have a method of being able to show people what you have achieved.

Being able to be on the main character with a title that can only be achieved through playing hardcore mode would even pave the way to more people wanting to go for it or try it out as those titles and achivments can at least be seen in social spaces such as towns and guilds ect, which in term instigates the questions of how such banners and titles were achived in the first place.

Also keeping it to strictly only capped players (currently 71) being only able to get the quest to do hardcore is the right move as its fantastic encouragement and something to look forward to for after youve run your lil backside off from running

Everything else seems spot on, altho people will be concerned with the plat store... which is fair however we all have bills to pay and kids to feed and gotta have something new to spend me money on

But sincerely do hope something is at least reconsidered about the achievements earnt being shared with main char as it would be a shame to have something rather exciting simply end up being a short term hype >.<

1 <3
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Will there be a social aspect to this? If there is will the social side only be composed of hardcore players or will there be a mix?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    You've already mentioned that in hardcore you wont be able to stand around the same soical zones as you can in normal mode which makes total sense... however if you can only show off your achievments to the 3 other people in the map your in, then your not really able to show off your hard earnt achievement at all...
    - Hardcore characters are allowed to hang out in the same social spaces as 'normal' characters but they are only allowed to go on PVE adventures with other Hardcore characters. This means that the game will only put Hardcore characters into instances with other Hardcore characters. Likewise, 'normal' characters are put in normal instances with other 'normal' characters ;-) - quoted by Cinco on the other thread xp
    The deal is only the achievements and mode of play on the maps is seperated.

Its also mentioned on the other thread that hardcore character names will have a different colour than normal characters to distinguish.

Overall I'm looking forward to this and seeing how far my ping will allow me to stay alive XD
    meep meep

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaprisha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

arcane legends is 100% free to play
    HC mode is 100% free to play
    something we all forget sometimes.
    remember you don't need to play HC mode, it doesn't effect anything in game, just something else done for us (that's free).
    Thank you STS!

even though I probably won't spend to much time playing HC mode. I am truly thankful for another (free) aspect of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaprisha View Post
    - Hardcore characters are allowed to hang out in the same social spaces as 'normal' characters but they are only allowed to go on PVE adventures with other Hardcore characters. This means that the game will only put Hardcore characters into instances with other Hardcore characters. Likewise, 'normal' characters are put in normal instances with other 'normal' characters ;-) - quoted by Cinco on the other thread xp
    The deal is only the achievements and mode of play on the maps is separated.

Its also mentioned on the other thread that hardcore character names will have a different colour than normal characters to distinguish.

Overall I'm looking forward to this and seeing how far my ping will allow me to stay alive XD
    Smoke must have gotten in my eye and i misread that >.<

But it doesn't detract from having the achievements shared... hardcore is meant as an extra challenge and not to take away from the main game... so people will still spend more time on their main accounts than their hardcore ones so makes sense to be able to show achievements on the character people will be spending most of their online presence on :3

1 <3
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

One thing i would suggest is to invest hardcore mode toon with more speed than regular character, because many of the player are already addict to speed set, starting hardcore mode will feel very boring and slow if we cant move fast. Also, all the people i know(me include) would prefer to be able to transfer banner and title to their main character, Thank you STS! Ill give a try for sure!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Be nice if we received all the banners titles etc on hardcore character and the main normal character who took nalyx quest also received a copy of these in stash when you've earned it. All non tradeable please, thank you.

We all like to show off, nobody can deny it xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Creepiest View Post
    do we need to level up to 66 or 71 ? need quick answer u.u Ive ask others and say 66 but some says 71

Thanks guys
    Normal and hardcore characters can be on the same account (and effectively must be, since you need a 71 normal before you can make a hardcore character, though I guess you could delete the normal one if you want).

Copy and paste from futumsh post in other thread...idk how to quote from different threads :/ but yeah, 71.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    I'm not sure you understand the basic thing about this mode. You're not really supposed to farm Events or money in this mode. This is completely separated from you main character, you just play to show off skills, or as a challenge, not to achieve something cool.

If you want to farm events, or maps for gold, then stick to your normal character and you will be fine.
    I probably know the game better then you do don't tell me I don't understand this and that people have to ask question to get the right answers if you don't like my posts don't quote me quite simple really.
    people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I am just a little bothered by the fact that the population of AL will now be divided and maps that were frequented sparsely by two or three will now see less and less people. It may just create an image of pve being inactive if there is isolation between hardcore and nonhardcore players in pve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

cant edit, second thought I also felt that doing 100K xp per level and getting to 71 cap to do pve was already hardcore enough for me, and now my character will be standard and kind of not the ultimate hard core character... but still excited to try it out. Lets hope it will be fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Creepiest View Post

Thanks guys
    But...I just saw in the IMG on this thread it says required level 66 so who knows. Futumsh and G need to decide I guess xD

22.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #58
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idly View Post
    But...I just saw in the IMG on this thread it says required level 66 so who knows. Futumsh and G need to decide I guess xD
    I just checked the quest to be sure, requires 71. I fixed the hardcore access quest reward item to show 71 now as well.
    Last edited by Futumsh; 11-29-2018 at 11:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    I just checked the quest to be sure, requires 71.
    Thanks for clarification. *Dang... levels up like craze*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

I'm a bit confused....

My character is maxed at Lv.71 but, there is no nalyx at the outpost?????

Am I missing something?

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment