Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 reasons why HC-mode is a must try

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Thumbs up 5 reasons why HC-mode is a must try

1.) Its new and a big challenge with all the limitations. In the beginning, we got no op equipment, no favorite heroics, no arcanes...building your character should be thrilling!

2.) For nostalgia. It feels lovely to start all over again with a clean canvas and re-do all the maps, as a total noobie. When was the last time you were happy to loot a legendary?

3.) The vanities and APs are not transferable to the main characters, so why not? Not like you have to have this and that. Our main character stays main, this HC mode to me seems like an option. And a very exciting option for added fun.

4.) You discover or teach yourself new ways to play better and be more enduring since trading for powerful stuff is not an option.

5.) Nobody can be a leech or go afk carelessly, because one death and its game over!

And hey pink names are cool to have! Is it pink or purple? o.O Btw I am sure there will be more reasons to like Hardcore as I keep leveling..

Feel free to post why you like HC mode.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 11-30-2018 at 04:13 AM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zynzyn For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I wish they added more colors Purple isn't my favorite color, but hopefully they add more in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

If we could get something from hc mode awarded to our mains then it's something to grind for. Pink badge if you reach 71, vanity or a title. I can't see myself playing this otherwise.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Wished HC mode a completely free from main PVE like twinks.
    Saw fourms after long time>Got excited to see HC mode>installed game>Realized first I have level my 66 toon to 71>closed n Back on forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Majin View Post
    Wished HC mode a completely free from main PVE like twinks.
    Saw fourms after long time>Got excited to see HC mode>installed game>Realized first I have level my 66 toon to 71>closed n Back on forums
    Yea some of my old friends who stopped playing AL wanted to give HC a try but the lvl 71 restricted them of doing so. On the other hand I can understand why you need a lvl 71 char, its to restrict people from doing certain malicious things.

HC is fun right now, but once an event or two come to pass, it will get way too P2W IMO and will start being a singular LB only for plat users.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Sts has done a great job and I agree with both views. I can see the challenge and the nostalgia of the hardcore mode. On the other hand it takes a considerable amount of time to level up ( if u are able to without dieing) but I would like to have some kind of incentive to do so not just bragging rights or a sense of accomplishment. By incentive I don't mean a title or a badge though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

HC is perfect the way it is.
    why ask for a reward to play a part of the game? sorry man that's just silly.
    It's not a part of the game that's intended to be anything else but hardcore. just bragging rights and for some reliving fun times of when 7000 gold was amazing, and for others a first time to try out old school maps cause they jumped lvl.

not sure who said it in a post but I thought it was so funny when they said "wow you have a legendary" and "please give me a rare" hahaha I mean that's classic man. that's exactly how hardcore is in a nutshell.

to feel like a part of the game needs to be played is funny. think when Maus came out. I know many who stopped running it and just ran elite maps. they never asked for a vanity to run Maus or some other incentive, it had it's own incentives to run. now don't get me wrong the complaints on how curse is the worst thing I'm the game noe yes that was complained about.

well my rant is over. I just think asking for something to play a part of the game (that you don't have to play) is just rediculous. HC is so much fun. play it like you just started the game. ya never know you might just learn something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

you spent billions on vanities and equips and sts rerelease new lvl and you cant even use at least vanities that you bought???
    then later... "vanities & equips for HD mode only" time to spent another hundred million golds *o*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Actually HC is super cheap, which I rather enjoy.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Actually HC is super cheap, which I rather enjoy.
    I number 9 atm on the Rogue Hc Lbs and spent about 60 plat(only 30 or so yielded me anything of use). Everyone thinks its this major plat sink when its not.

Its all about patience and knowing when your just to weak to survive maps. Oh, and i soloed every progression ive made so far, and many for others . Very enjoyable so far.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PostNoob For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostNoob View Post
    I number 9 atm on the Rogue Hc Lbs and spent about 60 plat(only 30 or so yielded me anything of use). Everyone thinks its this major plat sink when its not.

Its all about patience and knowing when your just to weak to survive maps. Oh, and i soloed every progression ive made so far, and many for others . Very enjoyable so far.
    Yes same here. Used a few free plats for those legendary chests in store and thats all. I am 16th atm >.<

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Sorry i think this mode is boring and shows a complete lack of ideas by developers. As it is, it has caused problems, with guilds being empty, friends list being empty. Because people are trying Hc mode out.

What should have been done, was hardcore mode added to current maps. Something harder than elite maps. Where you can actually test yourself with the gear we have currently. Why have we not gotten more Glintstone maps? Underhul? they each have 3maps only. More story line added to the actual quest of the game. I'm simply not prepared to restart a toon, when iv spent many years of my life on my current one and lots of money too, building myself up. I find this hardcore mode a slap in the face from developers, to people who have worked very hard on their current normal characters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I do agree that guilds and friend lists are suffering makes the game look dead at times.

all else soooo happy with HC mode. such nostalgia.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iculous View Post
    I do agree that guilds and friend lists are suffering makes the game look dead at times.

all else soooo happy with HC mode. such nostalgia.
    Guilds are empty bc some lb guilds created a new hc guild for their chars to keep their rank. The active players in these guilds are splitted now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MasterP View Post
    Sorry i think this mode is boring and shows a complete lack of ideas by developers. As it is, it has caused problems, with guilds being empty, friends list being empty. Because people are trying Hc mode out.

What should have been done, was hardcore mode added to current maps. Something harder than elite maps. Where you can actually test yourself with the gear we have currently. Why have we not gotten more Glintstone maps? Underhul? they each have 3maps only. More story line added to the actual quest of the game. I'm simply not prepared to restart a toon, when iv spent many years of my life on my current one and lots of money too, building myself up. I find this hardcore mode a slap in the face from developers, to people who have worked very hard on their current normal characters.
    I'm giving it a go too. It's literally like starting over but you can't take risks. Hopefully there's something to strive for. Level 50 ish and I'm just doing daily xp quests now.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Lb, the main reason which would make HC fun for me will only consist out of pay to play players after a little bit, just like the top players LB was 2 seasons ago, the same will happen for HC, which is sad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Looks like a huge plat sink. Plat chests+plat revives+plat pets from stable. Nothing new or stuff that my main can benefit from. If you want hardcore stuff go endgame pvp vs 7k dmg rogues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    If we could get something from hc mode awarded to our mains then it's something to grind for. Pink badge if you reach 71, vanity or a title. I can't see myself playing this otherwise.
    I keep seeing your complain comments about no purpose of playing HC.
    Well,guess what: Playing games is pointless,but you do it for fun.
    So either try HC and have fun or stop bitching around.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dadansn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

^^^^^^^^^TY^^^^^^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dadansn View Post
    I keep seeing your complain comments about no purpose of playing HC.
    Well,guess what: Playing games is pointless,but you do it for fun.
    So either try HC and have fun or stop bitching around.
    HC is just a start over it is pointless
    sts shouldve spent more times on developing new things to the game
    because of the HC we got another 3 recoloured vanities (black and purple santa set & 1 sparkly ice shard set) and 6 recoloured (added sparkles) arcane weapons lvl 71.
    thats why we got forum to discuss things (complains, suggestions etc) about the game. if youre just going to keep loving and like all works from sts theyll probably repeat the things they do because of person like you being fake "good positive guy with no negative comment for devs".