Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: HARDCORE Mode feedback thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elichka View Post
    - skip intro (pointless waste of time)
    - remove ankhs from shazbot and klaas
    - remove stash slots / auction slots that are traded for various tokens (story tokens etc)
    - add some vanities maybe for tokens, or make them drop from bosses, so people won't have to waste plats on them and non-plat users will appreciate it
    - class-specific loot, since there's no trade or stash - our inventories would appreciate it
    - close levels only in maps (like in event maps, 2-3 levels difference among players, so there's a real hard core mode instead of lower levels boarding on higher levels that would play the map for them)
    - chat box for HC mode players (like there's one for general messages, guild, private, spouse chat, etc)
    - for those who actually reach lvl 71, give their main toons some credit too A special title or banner that would go to the main toon so it's not a complete disappointment and bitterness once that lvl71 toon is dead (not many who invested so much time and effort into reaching lvl71 would go and do that again, since all that expenses can be invested in farming and bettering the main toon, no?)
    - add some HC mode quests too, so it's not a complete copy/paste from normal mode. There are some NPCs that reward items for completing quests, spice up those items so it's not a total waste of time to actually go and do those quests.
    - there are some achievements that are simply impossible for HC mode, and will pose as a serious threat for cheating. 10k PVP kills? I think the one who'd get this AP deserves a free kidney. But really, it can't be done without severe dummy farming, which although is not againt TOS, still is the most redundant AP in this mode. And it's not the only one, there are other silly APs that aren't suitable for this mode as well. So I'd also suggest that devs go through the AP menu and adjust it to fit the HC mode more properly, instead of just pasting the entire AP list and adding a couple more.

What I'm saying is, the normal mode and the HC mode can not be identical in the entire game play. HC mode is a wonderful idea for an entire new AL expansion or addition in a separate game - AL Adventures or AL 2. For now, if you can tweak these essentials to make it seem like a new gameplay over the dear old AL maps, we will appreciate it greatly.

I know some of these stuffs are repeated probably, didn't have time to go through the entire thread cuz I knew if I start typing it would take a while. Great minds think alike, I'm told. (I feel I'm forgeting a hundred stuffs too)

- Love and happiness for all!
    That.............

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Motherless_Child For This Useful Post: