Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: HARDCORE Mode feedback thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

So many lag deaths. That in itself makes it not enjoyable. Been playing since Jan 2013* so it was a nice change of event but I have all 3 classes and know how to use them already I knew mage was easiest way to go considering low gold. So to lag die in kraken within seconds while auto pot was enabled. Is a bit ridiculous. So I will no longer continue hc until the major server issue has been fixed. It would have been decent till lag death. Then I seen the insane numbers of lag death and cmon sts 1600 plat. Could you be more greedy?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #102
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fidelth View Post
    I will no longer continue hc until the major server issue has been fixed.
    Server performance has been just fine, so there is no 'major server issue'. Whatever your lag problem is, it's network related.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    Server performance has been just fine, so there is no 'major server issue'. Whatever your lag problem is, it's network related.
    Cant be network related. I experience no lag in regular mode. I have lived in the same house for 3 years. Never lag. Yet seems so many are experiencing lag deaths. Anyways the concept was great but lag death followed by to recover account is 1600 plat. Not even close to worth 1600 plat. I have purchased platinum over the years but to spend a full 1600 plat to restart at lvl with current gear is way insane. Just restart the character with key items for free. Allow the character to keep 3 items or 2 items and 1 pet.. or figure out another system for respawning. Because many are complaining about the insane numbers. I have been here for years and the concept is great but I'm shocked at the respawn price..

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #104
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,884 Posts

Cant be network related. I experience no lag in regular mode. I have lived in the same house for 3 years. Never lag. Yet seems so many are experiencing lag deaths.
    Believe what you will, but the facts are:
    * Normal and hardcore are on the same servers. The only difference is a single flag on your character.
    * I get notified by the service every time something is affecting server performance, so I know if they're not performing as they should. They're fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Believe what you will, but the facts are:
    * Normal and hardcore are on the same servers. The only difference is a single flag on your character.
    * I get notified by the service every time something is affecting server performance, so I know if they're not performing as they should. They're fine.
    Whether its server or not server related, there is still other issues that need to be addressed. Obviously the game isn't what it uses to be. I often travel to areas completely vacant. Hardcore is a great concept maybe lighten up the insane platinum request for reset. Work something else into the gameplay to allow people to reset at 1 without considering near 90$ purchase lol that's more then a game for console. 1600 platinum is a joke of a request. I'm not the only one who feels this way. Whether the lag deaths are server or network based it's not cool that its happening and people are enjoying the up until that point. 1600 cmon. I'm not going to dwell on this too long. Many already gave up on hardcore. Many dont even see a point in going to hardcore. I personally enjoyed it because of the challenge but seeing 1600 reset drove me away laughing.

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #106
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,884 Posts

Whether its server or not server related, there is still other issues that need to be addressed. Obviously the game isn't what it uses to be. I often travel to areas completely vacant. Hardcore is a great concept maybe lighten up the insane platinum request for reset. Work something else into the gameplay to allow people to reset at 1 without considering near 90$ purchase lol that's more then a game for console. 1600 platinum is a joke of a request. I'm not the only one who feels this way. Whether the lag deaths are server or network based it's not cool that its happening and people are enjoying the up until that point. 1600 cmon. I'm not going to dwell on this too long. Many already gave up on hardcore. Many dont even see a point in going to hardcore. I personally enjoyed it because of the challenge but seeing 1600 reset drove me away laughing.
    If there are bugs to be addressed, post them in the bugs and tech forum.

I get that you don't like the pricing, but frankly, it wouldn't be hardcore if it was so cheap that people did it all the time. You're not attached enough to your character to be willing to pay that much (and really, hardcore hasn't been out long enough that I would expect many to be), so you don't. That sounds like it's working as expected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

If there are bugs to be addressed, post them in the bugs and tech forum.

I get that you don't like the pricing, but frankly, it wouldn't be hardcore if it was so cheap that people did it all the time. You're not attached enough to your character to be willing to pay that much (and really, hardcore hasn't been out long enough that I would expect many to be), so you don't. That sounds like it's working as expected.
    Well if you say it's a hardcore mode it shouldnt be easy to revive, I agree with that. But right now its a game mode where plat-player can simply just run through without having any problems. If yoz want it to be hardcore, then remove the revive function completely for everyone

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6003 mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Making revive cheaper would ruin everything. I'm free player, and I know how bad that would be for me, and probably for many others. Let's say if you make it 100 plat to revive, with $100 someone can revive 16 or 17 times and that's completely unfair. Everything affordable would be bad, so I would support the decision for revives to be extremely pricey or non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by Antispace View Post
    Well if you say it's a hardcore mode it shouldnt be easy to revive, I agree with that. But right now its a game mode where plat-player can simply just run through without having any problems. If yoz want it to be hardcore, then remove the revive function completely for everyone

I agree that if you spend even a small amount of cash on plats, the game becomes extremely easy in some parts. You can basically grind to level 51, buy legendary items for very low amounts of Plat and get good items. The power-gap between Tindirin and level 51 items is very big, so it becomes pretty easy to farm maps up to there, but there is another great power-gap from 56 to 61, so it gets sorted itself. As far as I know you can't really buy level 57-61 items from the Store so in the end it's no big deal. I think it's OK as it is. F2P nabs can just do offers, if they pay the plays.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Vice verse with 100 plat free players atleast have the chance to revive..
    There is no actual way for me to get 1600 plat with offers, but 100 plat are affordable.
    I get ur point, but then give free players another possibility to revive their players like for example with a questline for one free death, or let us revive with ankhs, i hope u get what i mean
    Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    Making revive cheaper would ruin everything. I'm free player, and I know how bad that would be for me, and probably for many others. Let's say if you make it 100 plat to revive, with $100 someone can revive 16 or 17 times and that's completely unfair. Everything affordable would be bad, so I would support the decision for revives to be extremely pricey or non-existent.

I agree that if you spend even a small amount of cash on plats, the game becomes extremely easy in some parts. You can basically grind to level 51, buy legendary items for very low amounts of Plat and get good items. The power-gap between Tindirin and level 51 items is very big, so it becomes pretty easy to farm maps up to there, but there is another great power-gap from 56 to 61, so it gets sorted itself. As far as I know you can't really buy level 57-61 items from the Store so in the end it's no big deal. I think it's OK as it is. F2P nabs can just do offers, if they pay the plays.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Antispace View Post
    Vice verse with 100 plat free players atleast have the chance to revive..
    There is no actual way for me to get 1600 plat with offers, but 100 plat are affordable.
    I get ur point, but then give free players another possibility to revive their players like for example with a questline for one free death, or let us revive with ankhs, i hope u get what i mean

I understand, but seriously as Futumsh mentioned, I don't see the point of being able to revive our characters easily. That way the whole Hardcore thing becomes softer, and sort of loses the point. If you can revive easily - or just by doing anything that takes time, it just becomes a super-grindy standard mode without Auc and Stash.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Tbh that's what it is now too innit? I mean if we dont have the opportunity to revive ofc we will play it wouth any risk and the only thing we r doing is grinding in low lvl zones for gear..
    Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    I understand, but seriously as Futumsh mentioned, I don't see the point of being able to revive our characters easily. That way the whole Hardcore thing becomes softer, and sort of loses the point. If you can revive easily - or just by doing anything that takes time, it just becomes a super-grindy standard mode without Auc and Stash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Revive...revive...Oh you mean, you want normal mode?

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Revive...revive...Oh you mean, you want normal mode?
    I do not believe anyone is asking for "normal mode" this or that..... It's just, if you are going to revive for 1600 plat with a bunch of "crap" that was picked up off of the ground, it is pointless.....

If hardcare mode was "meant" to be a "rich only" mode, it should be advertised as such and not be advertised as a mode "for all"........

I'm honestly bored with HC mode because there is no sensible gain for "non excessive plat spenders"....... You run, stay alive, and then compete with lucrative plat spenders.......

Seems "imbalanced".........

Just my honest opinion..... Why HC mode if you cannot excessively spend plat? I'm stuck there....

Just sayin.....

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    I do not believe anyone is asking for "normal mode" this or that..... It's just, if you are going to revive for 1600 plat with a bunch of "crap" that was picked up off of the ground, it is pointless.....

If hardcare mode was "meant" to be a "rich only" mode, it should be advertised as such and not be advertised as a mode "for all"........

I'm honestly bored with HC mode because there is no sensible gain for "non excessive plat spenders"....... You run, stay alive, and then compete with lucrative plat spenders.......

Seems "imbalanced".........

Just my honest opinion..... Why HC mode if you cannot excessively spend plat? I'm stuck there....

Just sayin.....
    You are looking at it the wrong way, it is survival mode. It is meant to be experienced hard. If the motive is just to be on LB or to show-off then you can do that in normal mode as well. Let them spend plat and play the way they want, you can have fun without that too, why compare?
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    You are looking at it the wrong way, it is survival mode. It is meant to be experienced hard. If the motive is just to be on LB or to show-off then you can do that in normal mode as well. Let them spend plat and play the way they want, you can have fun without that too, why compare?
    *in cringe girls voice* OMG GUYS I MADE IT TO LVL 71 by being a kitty and just doing daily for a whole month, that was so much fun.

It's oke tho, tho everyone has the cells to see the disadvantages and advantages immediately, most players have been wanting something new so badly that they get excited for the smallest of things.

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    *in cringe girls voice* OMG GUYS I MADE IT TO LVL 71 by being a kitty and just doing daily for a whole month, that was so much fun.
    Well if that is your definition of fun then good for you.

Plat cannot buy skills nor kill bosses, it only help you with few higher stats. There are many ways to top that for free, but I dont think a kitty play-style will need any of my tips. GL
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

It's Hardcore alright, I've asked like around 30+ HC players randomly. All answered that they played to get a place in LB, as lb is one of the best rewards you could get in HC, perhaps get a banner at end of season.

But the problem is we have these P2W players who are dominating lb, so far we still have F2P in lb, but I foresee that it wouldn't be the case in the long run.

I guess this hardcore mode (F2P perspective) is all about competing with P2W players, which is hard, and definitely not because this mode is hard.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

I think everyone understands the "challenge" aspect of "HC" mode..... From my perspective, the challenge is not an issue nor is that aspect of the "mode" misunderstood.....

My thing is, you "are" going to die in hardcore more.... That's it's design...... It's not designed for anyone to be a supreme ruler for eternity...... Based on my own personal experience, I cannot find motivation to keep playing HC mode if the only thing you can do is revive for plat and go for LB.... I like the purple name and all but, there is a disconnect.... Something is missing.... It's like a dog chasing it's tail...... You "have it" because it's "right there" but, you never "get it" because the dog never gets it's own tail...... Just seems there is a missing ingredient.... Just my "feedback/opinion"

He or she who is having a blast playing HC, more power to em.... I personally would prefer to level ALTs ATM.

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Make it possible to loot arcane and mythic items also, or put vendors for hardcore players to buy gears. And possibly a system to earn gold in hardcore mode.
    Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Well if that is your definition of fun then good for you.

Plat cannot buy skills nor kill bosses, it only help you with few higher stats. There are many ways to top that for free, but I dont think a kitty play-style will need any of my tips. GL
    No offense but this isn't exactly the type of game where you need skill, all you need a functioning brain and money, nothing else. Hence why lots of players r attracted to AL, it's easy.
    Then again there are those who use shadow bomb as a rogue and heal on mages so guessing a properly functioning brain is rather rare.