Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: HARDCORE Mode feedback thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    Many, including friends and myself have remade characters and are doing it from the beginning again. Some are doing it for many more times than once, which shows this mode is quite an exciting challenge. In HC guild chats, members brag about looting a legendary weapon or a george egg for instance. This is such a delight.

The scarcity of equipment and pets DEFINES the challenge. There should be no HC store, no trading between HC players and no discount in revivals. I disagree with changes that make the current system easier.
    This is the beauty of Hardcore mode. I love hardcore mode the way it currently is.

Just looting a rare pet egg or a legendary weapon feels like looting an arcane item from a locked

You are speaking the truth. 1+

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have a selection of Standard mode & Hardcore mode for a reason.

And it's called "Hardcore" for a good reason. No pain no gain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

- skip intro (pointless waste of time)
    - remove ankhs from shazbot and klaas
    - remove stash slots / auction slots that are traded for various tokens (story tokens etc)
    - add some vanities maybe for tokens, or make them drop from bosses, so people won't have to waste plats on them and non-plat users will appreciate it
    - class-specific loot, since there's no trade or stash - our inventories would appreciate it
    - close levels only in maps (like in event maps, 2-3 levels difference among players, so there's a real hard core mode instead of lower levels boarding on higher levels that would play the map for them)
    - chat box for HC mode players (like there's one for general messages, guild, private, spouse chat, etc)
    - for those who actually reach lvl 71, give their main toons some credit too A special title or banner that would go to the main toon so it's not a complete disappointment and bitterness once that lvl71 toon is dead (not many who invested so much time and effort into reaching lvl71 would go and do that again, since all that expenses can be invested in farming and bettering the main toon, no?)
    - add some HC mode quests too, so it's not a complete copy/paste from normal mode. There are some NPCs that reward items for completing quests, spice up those items so it's not a total waste of time to actually go and do those quests.
    - there are some achievements that are simply impossible for HC mode, and will pose as a serious threat for cheating. 10k PVP kills? I think the one who'd get this AP deserves a free kidney. But really, it can't be done without severe dummy farming, which although is not againt TOS, still is the most redundant AP in this mode. And it's not the only one, there are other silly APs that aren't suitable for this mode as well. So I'd also suggest that devs go through the AP menu and adjust it to fit the HC mode more properly, instead of just pasting the entire AP list and adding a couple more.

What I'm saying is, the normal mode and the HC mode can not be identical in the entire game play. HC mode is a wonderful idea for an entire new AL expansion or addition in a separate game - AL Adventures or AL 2. For now, if you can tweak these essentials to make it seem like a new gameplay over the dear old AL maps, we will appreciate it greatly.

I know some of these stuffs are repeated probably, didn't have time to go through the entire thread cuz I knew if I start typing it would take a while. Great minds think alike, I'm told. (I feel I'm forgeting a hundred stuffs too)

- Love and happiness for all!

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elichka For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    Many, including friends and myself have remade characters and are doing it from the beginning again. Some are doing it for many more times than once, which shows this mode is quite an exciting challenge. In HC guild chats, members brag about looting a legendary weapon or a george egg for instance. This is such a delight.

The scarcity of equipment and pets DEFINES the challenge. There should be no HC store, no trading between HC players and no discount in revivals. I disagree with changes that make the current system easier.
    True..... Some type of way to get vanities would be cool... Whether it's a store or not.... No need to make it easier, just prefer some type of way to get vanities for non-plat....... Plat for this, plat for that, then 1600 to revive is a bit steep for me... Just like you can get stuff via story vendor (in hardcore mode)...... No one suggested "removing" that yet..........

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Motherless_Child For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elichka View Post
    - skip intro (pointless waste of time)
    - remove ankhs from shazbot and klaas
    - remove stash slots / auction slots that are traded for various tokens (story tokens etc)
    - add some vanities maybe for tokens, or make them drop from bosses, so people won't have to waste plats on them and non-plat users will appreciate it
    - class-specific loot, since there's no trade or stash - our inventories would appreciate it
    - close levels only in maps (like in event maps, 2-3 levels difference among players, so there's a real hard core mode instead of lower levels boarding on higher levels that would play the map for them)
    - chat box for HC mode players (like there's one for general messages, guild, private, spouse chat, etc)
    - for those who actually reach lvl 71, give their main toons some credit too A special title or banner that would go to the main toon so it's not a complete disappointment and bitterness once that lvl71 toon is dead (not many who invested so much time and effort into reaching lvl71 would go and do that again, since all that expenses can be invested in farming and bettering the main toon, no?)
    - add some HC mode quests too, so it's not a complete copy/paste from normal mode. There are some NPCs that reward items for completing quests, spice up those items so it's not a total waste of time to actually go and do those quests.
    - there are some achievements that are simply impossible for HC mode, and will pose as a serious threat for cheating. 10k PVP kills? I think the one who'd get this AP deserves a free kidney. But really, it can't be done without severe dummy farming, which although is not againt TOS, still is the most redundant AP in this mode. And it's not the only one, there are other silly APs that aren't suitable for this mode as well. So I'd also suggest that devs go through the AP menu and adjust it to fit the HC mode more properly, instead of just pasting the entire AP list and adding a couple more.

What I'm saying is, the normal mode and the HC mode can not be identical in the entire game play. HC mode is a wonderful idea for an entire new AL expansion or addition in a separate game - AL Adventures or AL 2. For now, if you can tweak these essentials to make it seem like a new gameplay over the dear old AL maps, we will appreciate it greatly.

I know some of these stuffs are repeated probably, didn't have time to go through the entire thread cuz I knew if I start typing it would take a while. Great minds think alike, I'm told. (I feel I'm forgeting a hundred stuffs too)

- Love and happiness for all!
    That.............

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Motherless_Child For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I searched all towns in AL, only saw 2 HC characters.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

can it be lvl 66 can unlock it because theres no point of going lvl 71

10. The Following User Says Thank You to murte For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

No to anything that makes this easier, yes to anything that allows us to to be able to display our hardcore achievements on our main

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Is this diablo?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to w4r For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by murte View Post
    can it be lvl 66 can unlock it because theres no point of going lvl 71
    +1

Many old floks would love to return if they can just start playing HC without spending whole month on there main for 71.

61-66 is best for letting players know the taste of main game.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Majin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

No, it s diablo immortal. Haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Majin View Post
    +1

Many old floks would love to return if they can just start playing HC without spending whole month on there main for 71.

61-66 is best for letting players know the taste of main game.
    Same here. Really hope they change this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Ok, one suggestion for real: if sts really wants the hardcore mode to last longer, there must be a new skill: rescue. It could be the last upgrade of every class s healing skill, or a new ultima skill. So that players have to depend on team to survive. The only chance of hopeless real death is all member die at the same time, no rescue, at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi all. I have completed the quest but cannot create new character. I'm sure quest is complete(it shows in quest log). Any suggestions? Any help? All appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kenisin View Post
    Hi all. I have completed the quest but cannot create new character. I'm sure quest is complete(it shows in quest log). Any suggestions? Any help? All appreciated.
    Go on your char list.
    Click on new char
    Select Hardcore option

This is how it is supposed to work after you complete quest to unlock HC
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

-Pro: Plz epic gear
    -dang you have one legendary?
    -AHAH golden chest
    -no im not going
    -not tindrin 3rd map
    -who faking called me?
    -plz mana

Hardcore in a nutshell

ign Battling /irg /answer
    Custom banner 4m pm me ⌥[▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▍ ]⚠

Answer

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kenisin View Post
    Did you buy a new character slot? They can be purchased with story tokens and a couple of other ingame currencies.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

I’m absolutely loving hardcore - it brings back all the reasons which got me addicted to AL in the first place

At the moment I’m level 42, and I don’t feel anything should be made easier. I’ll list my main concerns below:

1. Everything unlocks too fast and in too haphazard a manner. As it’s hardcore I expected to go back over the maps a couple of times before moving on in area, and I found that suddenly I had quests to open every single area, eg told to take quest for Kraken I haven’t finished dead city. Suddenly tindirin was available and I hadnt even entered nordr yet. When working through brack, Ydra, Dead City, the quests flow well and are have an excellent, linear design. After that they are super confusing and the NPCs are in totally nonsensical places - maybe extend Karins letters or introduce a new Karin type character who joins things up.

Additionally, the relationship between Xp gain, questing, levelling, and maps opening needs to be adjusted to make the experience more smooth - the new areas should unfold in a linear manner like the first 3, not suddenly all be there at once.

2. Piggybacking for APs.

3. Travelling to the “Elite” version of any map unlocks its normal counterpart, allowing players to skip past hard sections.

4. At the moment, I’m enjoying egg farming in the early maps - pet quests, ribbit, flapjack etc. However, I am aware that 1. Luck elix is pretty much required to drop these and 2. later in the game egg farming becomes less lucrative. I’m hoping some more eggs (and legendary gear too) will be put as drops in normal maps for hc players to farm so that we can build our collection before venturing into elite farming.

5. PLEASE add loot tables to the location descriptions on world map. As a hardcore player I need to know what drops where in terms of eggs & legendaries so that I can plan my farming effectively.

6. If I make it to 71 please let me show off my achievements / banner / title on my main. Dal”i”mony is great but to me she is just a copy of my main, which is where it feels right for my achievements to be displayed.

7. Other players shouldn’t be able to kill us in town with pets or otherwise, it’s below the belt and just shouldn’t be a thing.

Thanks for this mode though it really takes me back to the good old days

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I have to admit I did not start HC yet...

Two comments while I read through all the forum post (including the original announcement, this and the Iron_xxx thread):

STS do not have to remove Ankhs, but make an NPC for HC players and sells something for Ankhs - make it another ingame currency.
    For Ankhs you could buy
    - loot reroll elix,
    - HP/mana,
    - chest containing vanities,
    - chest containing eggs,
    - chest containing jewels,
    - craft/inventory/furniture slots
    - etc.
    OR get one thing which may contain one of the above...

Of course you can remove the game-affecting things from loot table and keeping vanity/furniture.

2. (read somewhere)
    able to craft crap thing to a better one, like 2-3-5 exactly the same common blades to a rare blade ... up to legendary.
    Seems an adequate "reward" for the long farming time...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Skratch's redzone nuked me at lv52 through Jugg, with awakened lv50 lege gear and magma...
    'Twas fun... but too much plat for revival.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

This nice way to enjoy game but yes, need fix some others things.

1. Any way to can farm gold instead of Daily quests.

2. Maybe put some shop with gears, eggs, vannitys that can buy with tokens or gold.

3. Remove some Usless APS like list items at cs,
    Impossible 10k, 5k, 1k PvP Kills/Flags.

4. Reduce Dmg (if no release new gears to HC) at maps like Mausoleum, Fester And some others high lv maps that require nice equipment, about mausoleum will be good if remove mobs skills like AIM, Cursed ( isn't good for HC balance reach high lv just to die with simple cursed) and many more things that will be tested for many players.

5. Reduce the cost of Revive, it's crazy pay $100 just to revive Hc toon, search other way useful to make us waste Plat in Hc.

Hardcore mode its other way to enjoy game that force us to make plan to survive, gear up.

For now maybe just test Hc, we know need fix many things, add more ways to gear up.

Hope Admins read our suggest and fix the Hc Mode

I'm Valkiirye PvE Player From Chivalrous Union
    And "Hes" At Hardcore mode From Chivalrous.

Just Enjoy the Game and Never Surrender, all its possible. If no - Make It Possible.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk