Thread: What SL has become.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan Fox View Post

Don't like a community that cares? Don't like complaint threads? Might wanna stay out of the suggestions forum where proletarian air their thoughts.

Woof...

Testament - Foxy Engineer
    Sparkling Pwnies
    **checks pockets* Yup, still got my official Proletariat ID card. I wrote out a big ol' point by point and I may post it yet, but what it comes down to is:

Some people like buying stuff rather than grinding.
    Others like grinding and don't like taking shortcuts.
    Both sides are having fun playing the way they play.
    Who's being harmed?

Unless you want to argue that a game has some sort of inherent integrity that is somehow damaged by people playing it their own (non-ToS-violating) way, I don't see anyone getting hurt. And for that matter, why stop at plat gear? How about people that buy gear from the auction--aren't they avoiding grinding? How someone obtains their gear or what type of gear they have effects me not. I honestly don't even notice what gear people are using. Look around Blackstar one day and what do you see? Couple RIVETS, a few cats, maybe a hover turkey and someone in plat gear. Who's getting all the questions? The guy over there in the X-Ray Visor--because one way or another, either by grinding the heck out of Numa or grinding like a maniac to make credits to buy one, he put a lot of time in the game to get it and X-Ray's are a rarity.

Until PvP gets here and we can see how it's going to play out and whether or not there's going to be any plat gear/"elite" reward gear restrictions or what bonuses might be an advantage, I really don't care what people are using. I'm not going to start yelping until I get bit. If you (general you) know how to play with the gear you've got, you're aces in my book. If you (general you) don't know how to play, I don't care if you bought every plat item in the store and had it plated in actual platinum, it's not going to help you. Maybe if we all spent more time getting better at what we do with what we have and less time worrying about what someone else has or how they got it, we'd all be better off.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CanonicalKoi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    these people are harmed coz their hardwork cant be at par with those who boost stuff, which wasnt the case till the recent round of updates. it was previously possible to get 10 auction slots (premium char) with tapjoy offers, and make tons of credits in game without using plat. being a merch without using miners elix now is a joke. end result: those with plat swim in credits as well as in game gear. those without get nada.
    Last edited by Slant; 11-26-2011 at 04:52 PM.

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

I believe you missed my point entirely.

Some people like buying stuff rather than grinding.
    Both sides are having fun playing the way they play.
    Who's being harmed?

Unless you want to argue that a game has some sort of inherent integrity that is somehow damaged by people playing it their own (non-ToS-violating) way, I don't see anyone getting hurt.
    People being able to do this is exactly what I am arguing *for*. The problem is that it isn't even. Yes you can get by never putting a dime into this game, but you are at a disadvantage whether it affects your ultimate success in a dungeon or not: things aren't even. Plat doesn't stop at vanities.

Until PvP gets here and we can see how it's going to play out and whether or not there's going to be any plat gear/"elite" reward gear restrictions or what bonuses might be an advantage, I really don't care what people are using.
    Agree. We don't know what pvp has in store for us. But, the game designs they implement now, the good or bad money it brings, will/does effect what they allow into pvp. I see zero issue in raising a personal concern over a pattern I see arising in this game. My concerns extend to pvp, and any and all future content that comes out. A company culture effects everything.

Maybe if we all spent more time getting better at what we do with what we have and less time worrying about what someone else has or how they got it, we'd all be better off.
    Naw id rather fight for a game I invest both my time and money into. I am not worrying about how much time a person plays or how much money he spends to to get x. That's his/her deal. But I do care when the company I support provides those advantages/game designs in a way that I feel is detrimental.

I know its a small game with a small entrepreneurial staff trying to make ends meet while breaking into a relatively new game genre. It just seems more thought is put into the 3 new vanity we can buy in the plat store each expansion than the love and effort that goes into simple things, like skill descriptions that make sense and aren't containing typos/misinformation or a skill button cooldown timer you can actually see. Ya know... obvious stuff that if you play this game, should be a no-brainer. Stuff that I have seen mentioned ad nauseam on these very forums; brilliant ideas that were mentioned in PL, let alone SL. Not sweeping game mechanic changing things. Simple aesthetic things mostly. But lets recolor the mechanical man helm.

I mean cmon man... Thanksgiving... the thanks and giving holiday. We get a request for 5 bucks via a hover turkey that flies half way into the ground. A free and plat item would have been great. I see a pattern, and I dun care for it.

woof...

Testament - Foxy Engineer
    Sparkling Pwnies