Thread: What SL has become.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default What SL has become.

I have some feedback about my views on Star Legends as it is since the latest patch 1.1...

First I'd like to state my playing experience in the game...

I was one of the people eagerly awaiting the release of SL in the beginning, and since I use android started pretty early in beta. I played SL constantly till maxxing out in Numa Prime, then got on sporadically all the way until maxxing out in Slouch-O. Then I kind of played around with leveling on other classes until I quit for a bit. I've also never bought any platinum as it wasn't necessary for anything truly worth it as I'll gladly take patience over price (grinding out items instead of paying).

Anyways after awhile I heard of Shipyard I thought I'd log on and check it out (I heard about it pretty late, well after there were 36's already). I was horrified at what I saw... I saw 20 or so lvl 30-36 chars just standing around, all of them had a kitty vanity floating around them, all of them with vanities whether it be halloween or bought, all of them with bought plat gear. After seeing what the new gear looked like and some of the new vanities were being sold I logged off and uninstalled the app. Here's why...

Most of the stuff in the game seemed to have become worthless. For me the best part of an MMO is grinding to get that one piece of gear you always wanted, or seeing someone else get it, rage quit, then get back on and keep grinding for it again. If the grinding/hard work is cut out then there really isn't much worth to the gear/vanity. Like the vanity pet for instance... sure a vanity kitty might be cool at a glance, but when you see every single person with a kitty floating around them no matter what level or experience they are it takes away any pleasure from obtaining that item. SL has turned into a game where as soon as the content comes out you buy exp pots, get to max lvl in a day then buy all your gear and vanities (well I suppose you can buy your vanities right away), then your left standing around unless you care about the leaderboard (though I guess I didn't check if they added a daily/weekly/overall leaderboard yet...which would be awesome if they did).

Here is an example of item worth using a very popular MMO that I currently and have always played World of Warcraft: What has more worth/what will people look at when you in a town showing off your gear? The upcoming "Life-Binder's Handmaiden" that drops from the soon to be end/"hardest" encounter in the game which will take lots of group effort, or if you like pvp getting a gladiator mount from arena for being in the top % vs paying 25$ for the Winged Guardian and having it regardless of time spent or effort put into the game.

But in the end I guess SL is just a kids MMO... as every kid I know wants instant gratification (in games and in RL).

People would hate this, but I would prefer this to be a paid app, then remove the platinum and make the best gear drops.

I guess I'll try Pocket Legends as I only ever got to level 20 in that before Star Legends came out... though from what I hear they updated a lot of the stuff in it to match Star Legends -_-
    Last edited by Mrknockers; 11-26-2011 at 05:09 AM.