Thread: A welcome change

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default A welcome change

Two years ago,an update hit DL which changed the game a lot.Overpriced vanity,everything could be traded and more changes.Ever since then,DL started becoming P2P (pay to play) and more unfair in general.In this post i will be covering the "General Rewards","PvE","PvP","Events",Genral Stuff" and "Problems/Bugs" sections.

General Rewards

·Nightly Rewards:We had the same rewards for literally years.They are really outdated.No one needs any of that junk.In stead we need rewards that can boost up an account.The way i think the rewards should work is not anything too crazy.I would call it balanced.
    Day 1:5.000 gold or 2 platinum
    Day 2:25-50 blood packs or 2 platinum
    Day 3:10.000 gold or 1 platinum
    Day 4: GUARANTEED 5 or 10 platinum
    Day 5:Chance at new vanity set parts(available only through nightly rewards.They are also really rare)Otherwise,you get gold/xp/bloodpacks (based on level)
    Level 1-15: 5.000 gold/1.000xp/25 blood packs
    Level 16-31: 10.000 gold/2.500xp/75 blood packs
    Level 32-46: 10.000 gold/3.000xp/100 blood packs
    Bonus reward:If you don't miss out on a day (if you collect all 5 rewards in a row without missing any of them),you get a bonus reward.(100 blood packs/5 platinum/2.000xp.
    If you do miss a reward,the cycle will not reset it will just continue on to the next day.
    Note that at this point of the game platinum should be guaranteed in order to help F2P (free to play) players because,let's be honest,the prices are over the top so give us hope.
    ·Allies:There's literally no benefit of using allies.The rewards are just miserable.They should give at least triple the amount they currently give.

PvE

Does anyone out there still farm?What is the last time you remember farming old,expensive vanity such as black druidic top,albino bats,and the relics?We need something to compete for.Make some nre vanity available only through some dungeons but don't put it in the vendor for 500 platinum a month or two later.
    A cool feature that i think will promote mission is monthly tournaments.They will be taking part every month with a one week break in between.You get points by killing mobs(5 kills=1 point).The mission that the tournament will be taking place,will be different every month and will be selected by the developers.Just to make things more interesting,participants will have only one elixir available every tournament which will also be picked from the developers.Players who place in a specific spot will get a reward.
    Placement rewards:
    1-10: 50 platinum
    11-1000: 25 platinum
    Rest of the participants will get either gold or blood packs
    Bonus rewards for the try hards:
    1st place:1.500.000 gold
    2nd/3rd place 1.000.000
    It would also be cool if the mission that the tournament takes place evey month is a bit differently decorated.

Events

Am i the only one who doesn't get excited for updates anymore?All events have the same motif.Farm,kill,get points,win.We need some innovation in the game.Add a story to them like you did the previous update.The rewards that you get at the end of each event are cool but aren't they supposed to be only character-bound?I mean it's something that you personally worked hard for so why would they be tradable?

PvP

Now these are some suggestions that could change how pvp works completely but towards the best for the game.PvP nowadays is P2P(pay to play).A new player who just started playing cannot play because they are lacking on gold.I'll get into that later on.PvP is RNG based,hence the dodge and the awakening buffs.I think that it should be no luck included.Just pure skill.If not all,most of the items must receive a buff/nerf depending on the item.All of the items should be equally strong(rare,legendary,relic,elder)so that no item is over powered.When i say buff items,it doesn't necessarily have to do with stats(give them some unique effects.For example,an effect that makes fire aura deals more damage).That should add some spice to the game and bring back some dead builds such as kite.There has to be a variety of builds used in PvP.I only see hybrids.Every time a new item comes,it is stronger than the previous released item.Some players can't keep up with that.What's the last time you remember using glacial/crimson/kstone?Some people don't even know what Kstone is.This year don't even bother bringing back glacial and winter maul.No one will spend 250 platinum on an item that they can get for free on the Sin Patty's event.I think that if some of the changes occur,i can see eSports potential.Maybe...

General Stuff

This section has more to do with quality of life changes
    ·Having multiple character slots and collecting nightly rewards from all of them on a daily basis is tiring.Give us a button that automatically collects the rewards from all of the characters and then show us what all we got.That could be done with allies as well.
    ·Kill stealing in PvP was always an issue so adding "Assists" on the K/D ratio would be cool.
    ·There should be an option (like sandbox)where players can test a build while using their equipment before changing it.That would save us platinum
    ·Increasing the inventory and stash cap wouldn't be bad

Problems/Bugs

For the last section i have gathered some stuff that have to be dealt with as soon as possible.(at least most of them)
    ·People get their deviced banned for absolutely no reason.Also,about a year ago,numerous of people lost their ACCOUNTS for no reason whatsoever.I think permanent ban should not be a thing.I am a fan of bans that last a day,a week or even a month in some extreme cases.Some people have worked really hard to reach the point where they were.You can't just permanently ban someone's account.Some people have spent money and valuable time on this game in order to make a good account.Open all accounts again.
    ·I gotta give credit to Tinkerbelldoll for this one.People are literally overdosed with gold.Nearly four BILLION gold for an item like helix?That's insanity right there.You developers tell me how a new player can keep up with such numbers.And on top of that,you are bringing back the gold event.Might as well increase the gold cap to 10 billion then.Everything changed so much.I remember a few years ago the gold cap was 10 million.Look where we are now.
    ·Awakening is another big issue.Once again,it is P2P(pay to play) and too over powered.You see people with 1.000 damage.What?At level 36 cap,the maximum amount of damage you could achieve by your build and equipment was 150 i believe.Change the buffs that awakening gives us to something normal.
    ·Cheaters on the leaderboards have always been an issue.It's not that harmful for the game.It just ruins competition and the way you developers look.I mean,some people think that you don't even care about the game(which could be true considering the game is not balanced at all) when they see such numbers on leaderboard which obviously are fake.
    ·I was a fan of the trade system being taken down.The reason why is that people will actually get to use the auction more and will prevent scams.People use the leaderboard to check the price of an item and then sell it in the crowd.You should either take the trading system down again or promote the usage of auction somehow.

I really do hope that you take my ideas into consideration and i think that you should keep in touch with your community more if you wanna progress.
    Last edited by Hunter Strike; 12-12-2018 at 01:33 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hunter Strike For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

It's okay for me, but i also, see a bug (That i dont know is it a bug or not) That is free access to Black Cat Lounge buying the elixirs from Old Crypt or Club Spacetime.

I also prefer that on PvP Assist would better like:"U did the most of the damage to the Target, then the kill is yours"

Additionally to That, please, put some private rooms for PvP, literally anybody can do a VS in peace without those "NORMIES" come to gang un group And ruin everything, or disable the gang somehow.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Xtylez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I support what have been suggested in this article, But I disagree with some of it and also I'd like to add some suggestions as well.

As for Nighty rewards;
    giving a chance to obtain a ticket to change name and gender wound be great.

"Events" and the only character bound rewards is very fair and rational it should be seriously considered by the developers.

'PvP" I agree and disagree here , however keeping things as it is with the PvP right now is ok, but making an in event-elder gem-weapon drops and these events are hosted twice in every month would be helpful and fair for all players,
    Also erasing the efficiency of the rare and the legendary items is very wrong!!! idea, I mean like Kstone and Form gems before they had special nerf and effects that were not found in any other items , so I hope they make such special rare and legendary items that are wanted more than relics n elders.

"General"

I disagree with the " automatically receiving nightly rewards from slots " Imo, I don't find it reasonable at all.

I disagree with the " kill steal" it's not just cuz I'm the king of ks " lol" but this feature is entirely based on the player's skills , it's not like everybody can master it only the very experienced players.

I'd suggest giving a " Thank you " exclusive gift for the old loyal community of the game " The active accounts of the year 2012 & 2013" I leave that to you " developers " to choose

Also I hope they reduce the "PvP" exile from 10mins to 5mins

I also disagree with the issue of Helix getting higher value, I found it as a good turn on of things for having such rare item on the game motives players to achieve and obtain, I know some friends that have collected all rare items on the game including Helix and max gold after that they got bored n quit the game,
    What I'm saying is leaving helix getting rare and rare is very good decision.

"Trade system "
    Also I completely disagree with taking down the trade system , it will just limit the game nothing more you get
    We don't want limitations rather we need vastness of the game, these features might be small n unneeded in your eyes but indeed they are what made this game different form it's sisters, Trade and merchants are one vital aspect of Dark Legends.

Thank you,
    IGN : Ugon

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kurbeka For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Nightly reward should be updated immediately! And auto collect nightly for all characters!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Branko For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

That was a long read... but worth it... I guess...

You have some major pros and cons. Keep in mind for every idea that may or may not come true there will be a price to pay. For example, I really like the idea of collecting all allies and nightly reward in one go, but this feature if it comes true will most likely cost you plat. (Just like everything on DL). You should add "for FREE" or "for GOLD" for this feature, otherwise STS will think we got money growing on trees and can easily buy plat.

They really need to add on more content to the campaigns, I read somewhere that the story hasn't ended yet. Having a double to triple increase in the payout would be a major boost. But for FREE. You hear that STS, FREE! Goodness I feel like "FREE" needs to be in every on my sentences now when I suggest something or back up someone who is suggesting something.

The leaderboard is just laughable to me, the only fair aspect of the leaderboard that is true is the PvE kdr ratio, kills to 0 deaths. The PvP kills, PvP deaths, PvP kdr, PvE deaths make me wish the person on it was banned. People even have proof of the players cheating to get kills but has STS done anything about it? Nooppee. But enough crying about that. Let's move onto another issue you've mentioned...

PvP... from the low level to 46 each level has always had and always will have issues. From level 11-25 they dealt with problems, from 31-36 we had some problems. When everyone was at PvP we got bored and asked for a level cap we got it. This is the thing most people don't get. What we ask for is what we get. But in the end it either passes or fails our expectations, so we are either happy or whining about it on forums. The game can't be perfect. No game ever is. PvP is fine atm, I am not speaking this as a hybrid, I'm saying in terms of every new gems/weapons/vanity we got they all gave us boosts at PvP, little... but still a boost.

If I had to change things about PvP, I would say they SERIOUSLY NEED TO FIX THE GLITCH IN OLD MAPS. This is how people farmed for kills before we got new literally ENDLESS kills ctf arena. Do something about the alts sitting and joining. The timeout for banned is perfect. It used to be 5 minutes they made it 10 minutes. Do NOT change this. Oh but do change the fact that with this ban there is still is a new glitch or whatever people want to call it. If you leave in mid fight and you or your friends have another PvP map opened you do NOT get a ban, you are literally hopping from one arena to another to avoid the ban only the end up in the match you left. How's that fair??? I tried this out and it frustrated me cause firstly it frikkins works! Secondly, it's annoying! Did I just announce to the community there is such a thing... opps?

PvE:
    I hope they add new material to the campaigns, the payout of finishing this should be a new power or a new passive. You are right that no one farms for vanity at the campaigns anymore, the hospital cemetery, underground stations are all used for leveling up, they should add more vanity to the game and have it be farmed there if asking for new campaigns is too much. I get that every event is now a PvE and we get new stuff for every event. But after the event ends, the game is still "dead" unless 46 players are wasting time on PvP.

I still got so much more to cry about.. But I've already made this long. So I really hope that your ideas come true but like I said, when and IF they do come true, a lot of people will be happy, a lot of people will cry. But really hope the collect allies on alts and night reward comes in play... for FREE!!!

Really hope someone from STS actually reads all this and fixes something.
    Last edited by Adamizsilly; 12-12-2018 at 11:41 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adamizsilly For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I agree with most of the OP but I don't think kill steals should count as assist. It takes serious skill to consistently kill steal. If it didn't, everyone would be able to do that and there wouldn't be any complaints about it.

I hope the skills get an update that makes things more skill based. For example right now shadow dance and fatal burst works without aiming. I think you should have to aim correctly and stuff to use skills. This would promote a more skill based type of game play. Not everyone will use brimstone if they're bad at using fatal burst properly so there would be more build diversity in PvP.

Vermin swarm needs to be buffed asap. After the forge update and armour it's completely useless. I think it should do % based damage instead of hp. That way it would still be useful.

Also I hope they nerf the dodge %. Make max dodge like 10%. Right now PvP is more about luck than skill and that makes it kinda bland.

We also need to get new titles for like 50k and 100k PVP kills. And 100k and 1 million PVE kills. Would encourage players to play more.

Would be cool if the top 3 players of every leaderboard got a title that gives stats as well since it takes a lot of work to get there. This way more people would compete to get there.

I also disagree about legendary and relic items being as strong as elder relics. Since it's already here I think it would be best if it was easier to acquire elder relics so that new players can get into PvP.

Like make it drop from every dungeon and stuff so that players and especially new players have a reason to farm in PvE. This would also reduce the prices of the elder relics. PvP gear shouldn't cost that much, new players can't get into PvP and it only results in a dead arena.

I don't think forge awakens should be done with gold. It's better to give guaranteed plat on nightly like the OP suggested so that players can use that plat to awaken.

They would still need to buy plat to get the new vanity and stuff that are being released so not much loss to STS.

Since some vanity now gives stats literally everyone who can afford it uses them. So everyone looks the same and it's kinda boring. Since it's already here I would suggest adding an option to forge vanity so we can just forge the vanity we like using and use them instead of the blue/red sweater.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bloodseeker For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I agree with this changes, it Will he helpful

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fahrenheat For This Useful Post: