Thread: New to warrior class

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default New to warrior class

So as the title says im making a warrior for the first time not even joking lol, been playing since late 2012 and never once made a war character.

so if anyone could help me out with some info would be greatly appreciated.

firstly: what are the best skills to do tombs solo with? doing tombs until lvl 60* max. And after that whats the best skill set i should use for normal maps

And also do you have any tips you would give to somone whos never played as a war

and any cool vanity sets (wep included) preferably under 3m

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Im in the same boat as you except I've only played Warrior, nothing else lol.
    For vanity (since that's all I ever care about nowadays), I used to use kraken helm and steel commando vest as my main setup. I then switched to Bathax set, though nowadays Bathax pieces alone go for a couple mil (which I feel to be extremely overpriced). Recently I have been using Egg Miner vest (which is around 1.5m) and whatever hat you deem to fit with it. Weapon is whatever you think fits best with those, personally if you're going to do kraken & commando, I think either Bloodgrub Claymore or the flame sword (I forget the name currently, its the one thats huge) fit best with them, though whatever you like will work.
    After looking up a few guides in the Warrior section I came up with this setup for skills:

Skills
    Skyward Smash 4/5 (all but #3)
    Windmill 5/5
    Axe Throw 5/5
    Horn of Renew 4/5 (all but #3)

Passives
    Durable 5/5
    Critical Shot 3/5
    Damage 5/5
    Agility 5/5
    Knowledge 5/5
    Might 5/5

Masteries
    Windmill Mastery 10/10
    Axe Throw Mastery 4/10
    Horn of Renew Mastery 10/10

And put all skill points into strength. No reason to put them in anything else. For the last 10 skills from 61-71 I kinda just threw them into other passives and masteries that I thought would help, so focus on the important masteries first like Int Str Dmg and Armor. Im not sure if these skills are good for tombs solo or grave solo but they have worked for me for most PvE-ing.

Im not going to claim this is the best course of action for warrior, but it's at least an idea or a start to help you in the right direction. Hope it helps

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks alot
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticG View Post
    For vanity (since that's all I ever care about nowadays), I used to use kraken helm and steel commando vest as my main setup. I then switched to Bathax set, though nowadays Bathax pieces alone go for a couple mil (which I feel to be extremely overpriced). Recently I have been using Egg Miner vest (which is around 1.5m) and whatever hat you deem to fit with it. Weapon is whatever you think fits best with those, personally if you're going to do kraken & commando, I think either Bloodgrub Claymore or the flame sword (I forget the name currently, its the one thats huge) fit best with them, though whatever you like will work.
    After looking up a few guides in the Warrior section I came up with this setup for skills:

Skills
    Windmill 5/5
    Axe Throw 5/5

Passives
    Durable 5/5
    Critical Shot 3/5
    Damage 5/5
    Agility 5/5
    Knowledge 5/5
    Might 5/5

Masteries
    Windmill Mastery 10/10
    Axe Throw Mastery 4/10

And put all skill points into strength. No reason to put them in anything else. For the last 10 skills from 61-71 I kinda just threw them into other passives and masteries that I thought would help, so focus on the important masteries first like Int Str Dmg and Armor. Im not sure if these skills are good for tombs solo or grave solo but they have worked for me for most PvE-ing.

Im not going to claim this is the best course of action for warrior, but it's at least an idea or a start to help you in the right direction. Hope it helps
    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Of course

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Skills
    Windmill 5/5
    Axe Throw 5/5

Passives
    Durable 5/5
    Critical Shot 3/5
    Damage 5/5
    Agility 5/5
    Knowledge 5/5
    Might 5/5

Masteries
    Windmill Mastery 10/10
    Axe Throw Mastery 4/10

Buddy you need rage...without it warriors are kinda useless..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

any proof of you played since 2012?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Windmill 5/5
    Axe Throw 5/5

Passives
    Durable 5/5
    Critical Shot 3/5
    Damage 5/5
    Agility 5/5
    Knowledge 5/5
    Might 5/5

Masteries
    Windmill Mastery 10/10
    Axe Throw Mastery 4/10

I've been a Warrior forever and I never understood why people use Windmill... except for Jewel farming. And Axe Mastery 4/10 is just bad. 1/10 does pretty much the same job and you save 3 skill points.

The passives are OK to have, but still a Warrior doesn't really need the 3/5 Critical or 5/5 Damage passives. Again, a waste of points in my opinion.

A general tip for Warriors is that you're not really supposed to do damage, but instead to do the other stuff that makes it easier for the Mages and Rogues. That other stuff is keeping the mobs in one place, also known as pulling, and taunting the enemies to hit you instead of your fragile friends. This also explains that you don't really need the Critical and Damage passives, and that Windmill is not a good move because it blocks your other skills and you can fail to do your job properly.

Here's a different build if you agree with what I said above:

Skills:
    Skyward Smash 4/5 (without Effortless Execution)
    Chest Splitter 4/5 (without Relentless Strike)
    Axe Throw 5/5
    Horn of Renew 5/5
    Juggernaut 5/5
    Vengeful Blood 5/5

Passives:
    Durable 5/5
    Agility 5/5
    Knowledge 5/5
    Might 5/5

Masteries:
    Axe Throw 1/10
    Juggernaut 10/10 (if you're a Mausoleum guy, if not, do whatever you want with those)

Ultimates:
    Rage

You can't really use all those skills at the same time, but if you can't be bothered to swap between them at the right time, everyone will think you're a professional Warrior.

Here's a few variations how I use them in general:

vs Easy crowded areas where no one stuns you: SS/CS/Axe/Heal
    vs Crowded areas with minions that stun: SS/CS/Jugg/Heal
    vs Easy bosses that don't deal a lot of damage to you or your friends: SS/CS/Axe/VB
    vs Bosses that can wreck you or your friends: SS/Jugg/Axe/Heal or Jugg/CS/Axe/Heal depending on boss
    vs easy stuff in general that you want to kill fast: SS/CS/Axe/VB

I can explain how all those combos work in detail, but I don't really want to spend more time here, maybe another time.

Good luck.
    Retired

8. The Following User Says Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    I've been a Warrior forever and I never understood why people use Windmill... except for Jewel farming. And Axe Mastery 4/10 is just bad. 1/10 does pretty much the same job and you save 3 skill points.

The passives are OK to have, but still a Warrior doesn't really need the 3/5 Critical or 5/5 Damage passives. Again, a waste of points in my opinion.

A general tip for Warriors is that you're not really supposed to do damage, but instead to do the other stuff that makes it easier for the Mages and Rogues. That other stuff is keeping the mobs in one place, also known as pulling, and taunting the enemies to hit you instead of your fragile friends. This also explains that you don't really need the Critical and Damage passives, and that Windmill is not a good move because it blocks your other skills and you can fail to do your job properly.

Here's a different build if you agree with what I said above:

Skills:
    Skyward Smash 4/5 (without Effortless Execution)
    Chest Splitter 4/5 (without Relentless Strike)
    Axe Throw 5/5
    Horn of Renew 5/5
    Juggernaut 5/5
    Vengeful Blood 5/5

Passives:
    Durable 5/5
    Agility 5/5
    Knowledge 5/5
    Might 5/5

Masteries:
    Axe Throw 1/10
    Juggernaut 10/10 (if you're a Mausoleum guy, if not, do whatever you want with those)

Ultimates:
    Rage

You can't really use all those skills at the same time, but if you can't be bothered to swap between them at the right time, everyone will think you're a professional Warrior.

Here's a few variations how I use them in general:

vs Easy crowded areas where no one stuns you: SS/CS/Axe/Heal
    vs Crowded areas with minions that stun: SS/CS/Jugg/Heal
    vs Easy bosses that don't deal a lot of damage to you or your friends: SS/CS/Axe/VB
    vs Bosses that can wreck you or your friends: SS/Jugg/Axe/Heal or Jugg/CS/Axe/Heal depending on boss
    vs easy stuff in general that you want to kill fast: SS/CS/Axe/VB

I can explain how all those combos work in detail, but I don't really want to spend more time here, maybe another time.

Good luck.
    I was about to answer and then I noticed this ^^
    Last edited by Nohealth; 12-15-2018 at 04:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Tombs aren't as good as they used to be for xp.
    If you want to level faster do daily xp quests instead. You can open lix and/or equip xp awakened gear before turning in to get more xp.

I use this for most PvE maps now:
    Axe 5/5
    Heal 5/5
    Jugg 5/5
    Sky smash 3/5 no seismic, no effortless
    Axe mastery 10/10
    Jugg mastery 10/10
    Str ult
    Passives armor 5/5 str 5/5
    The rest of the points don't matter much you can either go for dmg/crit passive or put them on heal mastery.
    Always charge heal, always charge jugg. Don't charge sky smash it stops you moving.

I used to do 5-6 skills build and did skill switching build but it gets to be to much after a while so I just keep it simple now this build works on all maps.

Highly recommend getting a speedset it helps alot with pulls and speeds up runs overall.