Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Abt the changes to charm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts

Default Abt the changes to charm

Hey, so i havent been playing for a while but i saw the recent updates making changes to charm,which i consider a buff. My question is why now exactly? The 66 arcanes been out for a long time & the 71 arcane weapons got announced so why would they get "buffed" now of all time if they were underpowerd or didnt achieve thier intended goal shouldnt these updates been made a while ago?

Ps:dont take me wrong im grateful for it. I love the horrfic staff im just curious about the reason/s from a game balance/design prospective

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
    an alxe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

It's a bug that dove deeper into the games system. I'm guessing the new 71 Arcanes function similarly and needed a real fix to fix them all
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,889 Posts

Charm was generally broken and behaved very strangely. It could leave things permanently stuck and/or invulnerable, some player and mob abilities could affect them and others couldn't, they would sometimes still chase and/or hurt players while charmed, etc. It really just shouldn't have been used in the game in the state it was in.

I had been fixing the various bugs with the old charm stuff as I found out about them, but fixing them was causing other problems with it to be more obvious, or while some of those things then worked as originally intended, that didn't match up with the behavior players were used to. It was easier to just remove the existing charm stuff and replace it with something that should behave like it seems players want, that doesn't interact weirdly with other game systems.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post:

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    Charm was generally broken and behaved very strangely. It could leave things permanently stuck and/or invulnerable, some player and mob abilities could affect them and others couldn't, they would sometimes still chase and/or hurt players while charmed, etc. It really just shouldn't have been used in the game in the state it was in.

I had been fixing the various bugs with the old charm stuff as I found out about them, but fixing them was causing other problems with it to be more obvious, or while some of those things then worked as originally intended, that didn't match up with the behavior players were used to. It was easier to just remove the existing charm stuff and replace it with something that should behave like it seems players want, that doesn't interact weirdly with other game systems.
    I like when things are explained with such transparency
    Please feel free to change the proc and kisso AA
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

may I know what kisso AA will be change to?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

Sorry to say, my dread bow is worse now. I get all the mobs attacking me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

Can't edit. When I say all the mobs, I mean ones that aren't supposed to but hey..I'm a rogue and should expect it because it's par for the course. Like my plat eggs going missing and apparently they were never there. I'm not bitter, honestly. Seasonal Greetings all. 🎄🎅⛄