Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Spot Price-Raisers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Default How to Spot Price-Raisers

The following points may not always be true but it is a general observation of traders threads (not all but some of them). I assume this to be true in most cases if not all. People need to purchase carefully, ask for screenshots of Current Offers and not fall for con-artists. Disagreement is accepted.

1. Mostly newer accounts will create the thread. (Member, Junior Member, New member types).

2. Their threads get offered a high price by alts/friends that have the above forum status.

3. The c.o. offered is imaginary or fake unless proven by an attached image.

4. The thread closes very fast with the mention of the word SOLD in a new post (to show that the item sold quick at a high price). They could just edit the thread and type sold but no they have to bump it with a new post just to say sold so it is seen by the public.

5. Typing sold a few hours after creation of the thread just makes the public think that it is a highly desirable in demand item.

6. The new post that was created only to mention sold also states the price it is sold at. Like its very important for us to know at what price he sold the item. After it got sold, why would the seller care to state the price unless asked? Most of us even forget to update our threads as sold and here we have sly-seller feeling it necessary to mention the price..hmm..fishy. Suppose his imaginary c.o. is 48m, he will mention SOLD price as 53m to establish the current price as 53m-ish.

7. Now we the general public think that if we pay 50m for this item, we got it at a discount and we pay...and this goes on and on.
    Last edited by Earlingstad; 12-23-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

I have noticed this many times especially for red ballon banner,people should just avoid
    Buying red ballon banner as this item is the most manipulated one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Some one said 'price manipulation' doesn't exist.

hmmph

@ninjasmurf
    76 Lethoiun 71 Hymns 58 Selfocracy
    "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." J.R.R Tolkien

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

ofc everyone want to sell his items for higher price
    what wrong about increasing price of items which u have and want to sell for bigger price? these ways to merch are not against ToS. If u dont want to buy for big price - skip that seller(s) and try find other, if cant find other - means item really rare and it will be seller(s) who set price for that item, but not you
    or maybe, u suddenly felt that it is ONLY you who know correct prices items which u going to buy?

ps: this thread will not change anything and also this thread looking more like a guide for starting merchants lol
    Last edited by slaaayerrr; 12-23-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lethoiun View Post
    Some one said 'price manipulation' doesn't exist.

hmmph

@ninjasmurf
    Ya it doesn’t lol think about it. No matter what in the end whoever buys decides to pay that price. Something’s only worth what someone would pay for it.. if I put my tree set in auction for 99mil does that mean that’s the price for now on? No lol. Same thing if I put it in for 99k. One person can not determine the price of something whether they hoard or not because ppl have the choice not to buy and they are forced to sell for less.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ninjasmurf For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just don't buy any stuff with high price! XD

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjasmurf View Post
    Ya it doesn’t lol think about it. No matter what in the end whoever buys decides to pay that price. Something’s only worth what someone would pay for it.. if I put my tree set in auction for 99mil does that mean that’s the price for now on? No lol. Same thing if I put it in for 99k. One person can not determine the price of something whether they hoard or not because ppl have the choice not to buy and they are forced to sell for less.
    You dodged the op of this thread
    76 Lethoiun 71 Hymns 58 Selfocracy
    "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." J.R.R Tolkien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Price manipulation has existed since humans started the first market. It is why a well-regulated stock market bans certain forms of price manipulation. It is why the "my rights are greater than yours" type of person wants no regulations at all. It is why players want companies to regulate and why some companies program certain disclosures into their markets.

Star light, star bright...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

The things that Encryptions and disproof did to balloons are considered price manipulation. Did you see the house mail that was sent?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mod For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

We are digressing a little bit by turning the tiny, simple eye-opener thread into a heated debate about whether the practice is wrong or right. The topic is only about the assumed way the manipulators work and the need for us to be alert as a buyer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by mod View Post
    The things that Encryptions and disproof did to balloons are considered price manipulation. Did you see the house mail that was sent?
    Do u know, how many ballons does he had?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Ah you know, it would be lovely if people stop talking about me and my friend merching red balloons. Just because we have some balloons doesn't mean we are manipulating stuff. All we are doing is buying a cool item and holding it as the price raises. So just stop, tyvm. Everyone who merches stuff has to be patient as the price raises before they sell it. No one is going to buy an item to merch for 1mil wait a day then sell it for the same price they paid for it the next day. They are going to pay 1mil for that item wait until it raises and sell it for more than what they paid for. Tbh we can sell our items for how ever much we choose to, we paid for the item, does not mean other get to control what we do with it. Don't like our prices buy from some one else, simple. We don't/can't control what people do. Ha, people trying to blame us and say we manipulated Ollerus Kershal Balloon BB hooks but the truth is... me and agg don't own 3/4 of the items. We have balloons but we don't control the price of them, we control what we sell them for. Oh, if what we do (merch) is against ToS then every one who has bought and sold an item to make profit has broke ToS.
    Last edited by Encryptions; 12-24-2018 at 12:50 AM.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Ah you know, it would be lovely if people stop talking about me and my friend merching red balloons. Just because we have some balloons doesn't mean we are manipulating stuff. All we are doing is buying a cool item and holding it as the price raises. So just stop, tyvm. Everyone who merches stuff has to be patient as the price raises before they sell it. No one is going to buy an item to merch for 1mil wait a day then sell it for the same price they paid for it the next day. They are going to pay 1mil for that item wait until it raises and sell it for more than what they paid for. Tbh we can sell our items for how ever much we choose to, we paid for the item, does not mean other get to control what we do with it. Don't like our prices buy from some one else, simple. We don't/can't control what people do.
    Nobody is against merching, what you did is much different.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mod For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Price manipulation has existed since humans started the first market. It is why a well-regulated stock market bans certain forms of price manipulation. It is why the "my rights are greater than yours" type of person wants no regulations at all. It is why players want companies to regulate and why some companies program certain disclosures into their markets.
    Do u understand that we’re talking about vanities here??!! Why can no one understand that vanities don’t affect the game and therefore the price of them doesn’t matter because you don’t need them??!

If we were talking about something like a pet, sns for example when it cost 120mil then yes I understand why ppl would be upset because they can never obtain it and would have a huge disadvantage in pvp. However balloons/arlors/any vanity has absolutely no affect in gameplay. Understand now??!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

balloons/arlors/any vanity has absolutely no affect in gameplay. Understand now??!
    Agreed vanities do not directly affect game-play.

The average player who farms with gold-loot, cannot match the 999m of the hoardercumpricemanipulator.

The huge gold that hoarders manage to acquire from FAKING a price as stated in the OP, is often used to hoard the newest equipment and pets and awakening gems, etc as is obvious in merchant posts/guide-threads. Or sold for real dollars. This is what affects the health of the game, and changes game-play.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 12-24-2018 at 01:47 AM. Reason: in a nutshell

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Yes i can agree with Ninjasmurf because every player paying in price he wants.Also if some1 will sell lepre banner 50k it doesnt mean it worth 50k also demands is other thing that changes price of some item

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

I remember how there was a fixed price in every trade section tread before gold loot happened

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    I remember how there was a fixed price in every trade section tread before gold loot happened
    Yes also gold loot effects the economy of the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

People still manipulate prices lol. To say it doesnt happen, and back that up with "well they pay what they want, no one forces them too" or comments like that, doesn't make it right.

Sure, you can try and blame the buyer for wanting an item, but when there is deliberate involvement from some1 to make an item appear more costly, or limit the availability to the public through massive amounts of gold, thats manipulation lol. Manipulation may be too strong of a word for some to agree with, but it holds true.

Its a fine line between a mercher and a manipulator. Although they go hand in hand and feed of each other.