Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Dummy Farming In Fester/Mauso

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Default Dummy Farming In Fester/Mauso

I see a lot of players just skipping mobs and bosses and going only for vases / barrels and chests due to gold,craft components they drop in the above-mentioned areas.

Can sts find a way to fix this?

I'd recommend making a condition that, unless the player has killed 50% of mobs on the map and has killed the boss, he cant join a different variation of the map,and if he tries to remap, he will end up in the same map he tried to dummy farm gold / murkstones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dadansn View Post
    I see a lot of players just skipping mobs and bosses and going only for vases / barrels and chests due to gold,craft components they drop in the above-mentioned areas.

Can sts find a way to fix this?

I'd recommend making a condition that, unless the player has killed 50% of mobs on the map and has killed the boss, he cant join a different variation of the map,and if he tries to remap, he will end up in the same map he tried to dummy farm gold / murkstones.
    This happens solely because of the Festerfang dailies called "Festerfang Relics" and "Rational Destruction" where you have to open chests and destroy barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by Masked View Post
    I think there is a bigger issue with players botting hauntlet, take a look at the rogue and warrior LB. #1r
    & #2w. Its time sts took kills & xp away from that map. The botters who cheat, waist honest players time, who achieved the lb rightfully. Also bigger issues is black market account selling. Player like tigre back in game on bought account from eye name arkua. Arkua also shared account with many players to dummy farm in past. Smh...and now I understand why many are loosing interest.
    In my honest opinion, I think the kills leaderboard should stay, as I do believe it is an accomplishment to acquire many pve kills. What sts should do is reprimand those that obtain these kills dishonestly by not awarded such players with the leaderboard banners at the end of each season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    In my honest opinion, I think the kills leaderboard should stay, as I do believe it is an accomplishment to acquire many pve kills. What sts should do is reprimand those that obtain these kills dishonestly by not awarded such players with the leaderboard banners at the end of each season.
    Problem is that it doesn't look "dishonest" when you only macro the first hauntlet room and leave, which is what I see ppl do.

The other problem is that lazy people come on threads like this and cry "no don't disable kills there cuz I farm there while watching tv and am only spamming skills in place looking like a bot"

That just proves that this map should have kills disabled because it's no accomplishment to spam skills while watching netflix.
    Duh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    This happens solely because of the Festerfang dailies called "Festerfang Relics" and "Rational Destruction" where you have to open chests and destroy barrels.

Actually, this is done by lvl71 player who is dummy farming murkstones.
    I can occasionally see him selling large amount of murk tokens in auction.
    Ive seen it before in elite mausoleum map. Warrior with ss just goes ahead of entire smashing all vases,picking up gold and leaving, w/o and regard for the rest of us.
    Its possible that he is using cheats because i can see him repeating the same process again and again.
    Anyways, he doesnt play the game as intended and is ruinning the experience for the other players. I wont be the snitch, but,in order to prevent, not only him, but also every future player who thinks of doing this, they should do what i suggested in my original thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

I thought dummy farming is actually farming kills in PvP.

So now we can call farming murk tokens dummy Farming too? Lol

Not to hate on your thread but the problem with players running forward to destory barrels and open chests in Festerfang isn't old, it was already there when I came back to the game a couple weeks ago, made it horror to level up there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

It is annoying. I see people in fester trying to level, so I always leave the chests for them as they get xp for the quest, only to see the proverbial speedset attired player take everything.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nohealth View Post
    I thought dummy farming is actually farming kills in PvP.

So now we can call farming murk tokens dummy Farming too? Lol

Not to hate on your thread but the problem with players running forward to destory barrels and open chests in Festerfang isn't old, it was already there when I came back to the game a couple weeks ago, made it horror to level up there.
    Never said it was new,i was just addresing it in case devs havent noticed it yet.
    Instead of writing down that its not a new problem,you couldve proposed a solution to this situation.

9.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

Thanks for bringing this up.

Locking thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post: