Thread: Ideas for new players to stick around

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default Ideas for new players to stick around

I think STS should focus a little bit more on new players, give them a reason to stay, like the game more as they reach higher levels and motivate them to reach endgame. Here are two examples.

1. When I first played the game I was searching for ways to get platinum so that I could buy elixirs, potions, some decent gear and possibly a new pet but then I realized the only way you could get platinum is by purchasing them from the store, I think getting 10 platinum for every 10 levels you ascend would be pretty nice for new players or you guys could probably make hard quests that reward a small amount of platinum so that new players could save up platinum and work towards a specific goal.

2. I also think reaching cap should have a decent reward, probably an egg or a vanity that's non tradeable

These are just ideas so don't hate on me pls, but if you guys have more I'd like to hear em .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

I agree STS should try and help new players, but here is the problem with your first point: Old players will also make new accounts so they can get the quests with free plat, so there has to be a way to differentiate new and old players.
    I do like your second point for reaching level cap though!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorknown View Post
    I agree STS should try and help new players, but here is the problem with your first point: Old players will also make new accounts so they can get the quests with free plat, so there has to be a way to differentiate new and old players.
    I do like your second point for reaching level cap though!
    You’re right about my first point, maybe they could make plat earnable after level 30 or a weekly chest that you work for which gives you a random number of plat because the way I see it, it’s very hard for new f2p players to earn gold the way it is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

+1 new players need a reason to stay and to get endgame.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trixsters View Post
    You’re right about my first point, maybe they could make plat earnable after level 30 or a weekly chest that you work for which gives you a random number of plat because the way I see it, it’s very hard for new f2p players to earn gold the way it is
    I think the reward should be a weapon or armor if it’s gold or plat people will find a way to exploit it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Warriorknown For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I think the reward should be a weapon or armor if it’s gold or plat people will find a way to exploit it.
    Without gold or plat I don’t think players will stick around

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Its just not going to happen though. Exploiting it would be many of the old and new players focus.

Best thing they can get is gear. The thing is: the game doesnt require any outside gold source or any platinum until higher levels.

Basically when work had to be put into leveling,people give up. The work ethic of many if very low, dedicated players will not have too much of an issue obtaining gears/gold. Between lv 55-71 needs to be revamped with decent quests rewards of items and awaken kits(both untradeable).

Links to the guide section of the forum should be in game, most people are too lazy to come here without it being a single click option. That right there should tell you how unmotivated people are to prosper in the game...

Its frustrating thay new players dont stay, but that doesnt mean they need to be spoon fed, wouldnt be good in the end.

Oh, and maybe the people that sit around in towns with a billion gold can actually help out new players. Its pretty easy discern which players are motivated to play the game, help them out once in a while. Most super rich people are very greedy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PostNoob For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Maybe,but there are many ways to get gold and get ‘rich’. Platinum shouldn’t be the sole motivation for new players to continue playing there are many things they can look forward to such as: acquiring new gear,new vanities,pets,etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Maybe, but there are many ways to get gold and get ‘rich’. Platinum shouldn’t be the sole motivation for new players to continue playing there are many things they can look forward to such as: acquiring new gear,new vanities,pets,etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Maybe, but there are many ways to get gold and get ‘rich’. Platinum shouldn’t be the sole motivation for new players to continue playing there are many things they can look forward to such as: acquiring new gear,new vanities,pets,etc.
    I’m not saying it should be platinum only but f2p new players need a reason to stay, in the past we could farm locks in brack and make gold to buy new weapons but now I don’t think players are making enough gold and the gear they get from quests isn’t enough for players to run high level maps and earn gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

I’m not saying it should be platinum only but f2p new players need a reason to stay, in the past we could farm locks in brack and make gold to buy new weapons but now I don’t think players are making enough gold and the gear they get from quests isn’t enough for players to run high level maps and earn gold.
    A way we can motivate players is to reward them with gold loot weapons or gear which can help players get gold just as locks did. Not too much gold loot,but a good amount so they are making some gold by playing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

A way we can motivate players is to reward them with gold loot weapons or gear which can help players get gold just as locks did. Not too much gold loot,but a good amount so they are making some gold by playing.
    +1, that's a rly good idea

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Trixsters For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

New players have it so much easier now than 6 years ago. (elite bronze runners chest (lower elites), sack of teeth, planar ingots, dragon bars....list goes on) I applaude the devs for making it easier for new players starting out. (:
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

my idea
    1. legendary weapon have a slightly good proc
    2. mythic weapon dont have any proc but have 40% better stat than legendary weapon
    3. arcane weapon have 30% better stat than legendary weapon(10% lower stat than mythic weapon) but have a very good proc

this is to make the gap between these weapons isnt too big. even you have legendary weapon you can play pvp. even arcane weapons have 10% lower stat than mythic but it have good proc and 4 slot of awakes this would be enough to boost the stat far more than mythic weaps.
    i wish you all can understand me

isnt it boring if only you(rich player) keep playing pvp vsing the exact same players(rich player) with stat that can 1 hit any poor player with legend set? i would like to see pvp active again

i am thinking of if you want max stat you use mythic but if you want balanced stat with op procs you go arcane and players with legendaries still be able to score 2-3 vs players with arcane weapon if they got good skills and strategy.
    Last edited by TooPure; 01-08-2019 at 05:55 AM.