Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auction in the menu is the END of AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xpcoolboy View Post
    If many ppl dont go towns what the point of playing this game the only thing i liked in this game not pve or pvp or anything else its about having fun with friends and ppl in other countries if that gone what the point only farming and pvp and that stuff ? It will be the most boring game

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk
    Do you really communicate with friends in town instead of guildhall or house? All I see in towns is "SELLING MERCH BUYING MERCH PM OFFER NO OFFER NO SELL".

IMO this merch plague must be removed instead of auc button. 1% fee instead of 5 would be a good start.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alwarez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

The best way to make auction in towns much more attractive is to remove the tax requirement of any item when you go to the town to list your item.
    This should only be applicable when ur in towns. anywhere else, the tax system still holds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryLeo View Post
    The best way to make auction in towns much more attractive is to remove the tax requirement of any item when you go to the town to list your item.
    This should only be applicable when ur in towns. anywhere else, the tax system still holds.
    You are aware this will destroy the economy?
    Auc Taxes are the best gold sink in this game, for everyone
    Don't quote me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Before people where begging sts to add the auction house in the menu interface, and i mean Begging. A lot. And now people don't want it?

No one is ever satisfied. Smh.

Name:  Flamesofanger is not amused meme.png
Views: 230
Size:  195.3 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VenomSet View Post
    You are aware this will destroy the economy?
    Auc Taxes are the best gold sink in this game, for everyone
    It's a gold sink if you sell something 20m+. 99.99% of such items are sold on forum only so there is no point in tax if people are dodging it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    It's a gold sink if you sell something 20m+. 99.99% of such items are sold on forum only so there is no point in tax if people are dodging it
    Each gold vanished from the economy is a reason to keep tax
    Don't quote me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Can anyone remind me how many times AL died already???? From 2012......
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xxkayakxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

I actually agree with this. I’ve always liked walking up to auction and buying my items there. Now we get the “easy way out” and it’s not fun lol. Ik sts means well, but yeah we miss our old auction lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post
    Before people where begging sts to add the auction house in the menu interface, and i mean Begging. A lot. And now people don't want it?
    The only ppl who probably only asked for that were noobs who didn’t know anything about the game lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slr View Post
    Of course the update that placed auction shortcut in the menu made the gameplay easier, less time consuming and more enjoyable for everyone (even myself) but in long term it will destroy AL completely.
    Why? Cause the auction house was the only reason that ppls would stay in towns!

Right now a significant amount of players (esp Old/Pro ones) are staying in their houses/guild halls checking auc.
    They don’t see a need to visit towns ( considering they also don’t want to get annoyed by random noob players in towns or beggers…)

This gradually will happen to most of players and in long time towns getting less and less crowded

Players wont be able to sell stuff in towns so the auc will be the only selling option , which results in a lot of market manipulations and gold sink by auc bill
    With Empty towns u cant even see other top/rich players so there will be no goals at all.
    There wont be any reason to buy expensive vanities or items since theres no one in towns to show off your items! No goals and players will have no motivation to play anymore

The social community that was a positive aspect of AL is disappearing , making AL sth like a single player game.

I really feel the difference of before and after the auc update. Auc in menu is the worst decision made imo. What do u think guys?

This is a much needed convenience, especially during events and you are in "Frozen Hope", for instance......

People will always find their way to the "actual" auction house, no need to "force" them to go there..... LOL......

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

People who rage about auc button are probably merchers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    People who rage about auc button are probably merchers
    Exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

The auction fee s too high/ its ~5% for 3 days. even real life companies like paypal charge 1%-2.5%

16. The Following User Says Thank You to supersyan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Concordo com vc acho as city ultimamente muito vazias

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

still most of you are talking about benefits of auc shortcut. I agree it has a lot of benefits but to what cost? Empty towns?
    what is the point of buying a 100m-vanity and staying at house?
    what is the point of farming golds and playing events to get titles and vanitys when there is no one to see them?

what about the new players? U think they continue playing when they see empty towns?
    In the past new players could see rich players in towns so they had a GOAL (a vanity ,pet , aura....) thats what started their AL journey..To farm to get to that goal

auc was the only thing that forced ALL players to stay in towns, building community , a place for new ppls to ask questions and see all achievable items and meet new friends to play with

this auc shortcut will result in dead AL. not today or tomorrow...but in future for sure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

still most of you are talking about benefits of auc shortcut. I agree it has a lot of benefits but to what cost? Empty towns?
    what is the point of farming golds and playing events to get titles and vanitys when there is no one to see them?

what about the new players? U think they continue playing when they see empty towns?
    In the past new players could see rich players in towns so they had a GOAL (a vanity ,pet , aura....) thats what started their AL journey..To farm to get to that goal

auc was the only thing that forced ALL players to stay in towns, building community , a place for new ppls to ask questions and see all achievable items and meet new friends to play with

this auc shortcut will result in dead AL. not today or tomorrow...but in future for sure
    I heard people also play on pve/pvp maps where their allies can also see their 100m vanity instead of standing in towns and shouting "BUYING MERCH" 25/8.

"Building community in towns" - guildhalls are better for that

This button is a step in right direction - kicking useless merchers from the game. They don't take a part in farming or pvp battles, they don't buy plat. Only spaming useless letters in expe camp/pier and mess up economy
    Last edited by Alwarez; 01-30-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

People do not buy 100m vanities just to sit in their house or GH, they "will" display it, that's why they purchased it..... Duh.........

New players will be discouraged by "empty maps", not towns, and seeing as that this move will not desert towns, I'd conclude that your logic is a bit "off"............

Those who oppose keep trying to "identify" a "wrong" when it comes to this situation but, it's always confined to "empty towns"......

People only gang auction in Paradise Pier and Traveler's outpost and those are good hunting grounds for spam scammers..... If anything, it'd be best to dilute that aspect (packed noob towns) and make it harder for the scammers to hunt.......

Bottom line, this feature is a "convenience" because there are times when going to town just to access auction gets in the way of certain progresses and grooves that I get into.......

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Now that I’m playing with my hardcore toon I need frequently to visit different towns to collect/return quests.
    I see towns are still full of players. Traveler, Kraag, expedition especially. And not only sellers/buyers.
    Maybe is just my impression, but nothing changed from when auctions were only in towns.
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

I think your whole initial “theory” is just a big slippery slope. Don’t cause panic by making assumptions. Just ride out the situation and see where stuff goes. I’m sure that if something were to happen there could be some changes that could be made to fix them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

True but still its much easier to al of us ^_^