Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regarding event lb and stashable banner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Default Regarding event lb and stashable banner.

As I'm sure many noticed multiple players tied for lb rewards (I'm looking at you tanks) now this doesn't particularly bother me tbh, it's always happened and always will so long as STS allow it.

I think in future events the leaderboard rewards should be character bound (unstashable) or completely tradeable. Making them stashable gives lots of incentive for people to run the event on the 'easiest' class knowing they can then show off on their main.

I know a couple tanks who just missed out (mains) and there were at least 6 (that I knew of) that never play tank and only ran tank so they could wear the banner on rog/mage.

As it transpired, warrior class became the 2nd most expensive class to run the event and I believe this is unfair on players that are actually tanks all the time.

What are everyone's thoughts on a character bound lb reward system?

Full disclosure I'm mage, I ran as mage and always will.
    I don't like you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    312 Posts

But that's not your business on what class people are running even tho. lol
    People do whatever they want with their time and gold.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I dont think thats a smart idea. Im honestly not a fan of untradeable items but making the unstashable is even more useless. Imagine u were a Tank for like 2 years and then you wanna switch ur class coz ur bored of tanks and then you wont be able to use any of the hard banners u been running event for on your rog?

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6003 mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idly View Post
    As I'm sure many noticed multiple players tied for lb rewards (I'm looking at you tanks) now this doesn't particularly bother me tbh, it's always happened and always will so long as STS allow it.

I think in future events the leaderboard rewards should be character bound (unstashable) or completely tradeable. Making them stashable gives lots of incentive for people to run the event on the 'easiest' class knowing they can then show off on their main.

I know a couple tanks who just missed out (mains) and there were at least 6 (that I knew of) that never play tank and only ran tank so they could wear the banner on rog/mage.

As it transpired, warrior class became the 2nd most expensive class to run the event and I believe this is unfair on players that are actually tanks all the time.

What are everyone's thoughts on a character bound lb reward system?

Full disclosure I'm mage, I ran as mage and always will.

You aren't making sense... This sounds more like a personal rant/venting, for whatever reason......

If a person "puts in work" to achieve event goals (which is not a "walk in the park"), it doesn't matter which character they chose to display their earned achievements on. Let's not request that Arlor becomes as "strict" as a "prison".... Lol.......

-1000 to your "idea/request".......

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Motherless_Child For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Welcome to the Leaderboards

I saw rouges also made ties which led to the bottom player being number 45 and yet you're giving rouges a "free hall pass" for their behavior

Also since you play as mage, did you bother to check your bottom player at number 49? Last I checked his points was below 90k and sweetsweetsy had 94k pts sitting at number 48.
    Which defeats your logic that its easier being on LB as a tank player.'

Tell your friend who missed out on LB to consider swapping to mage during LB events, if he cant make the cut as a tank he has no chance running as a rouge.
    Also if you're friend is at bottom 50 it shows their lack of commitment for the LB and before you come at me
    let me tell you that i ran haloween LB without spending gold and i was placed at top 25 whilst working 8 hour days 5 days a week
    Last edited by Scary; 01-11-2019 at 11:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    But that's not your business on what class people are running even tho. lol
    People do whatever they want with their time and gold.
    Fairness towards classes is everyone's business, but I respect your opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    You aren't making sense... This sounds more like a personal rant/venting, for whatever reason......

If a person "puts in work" to achieve event goals (which is not a "walk in the park"), it doesn't matter which character they chose to display their earned achievements on. Let's not request that Arlor becomes as "strict" as a "prison".... Lol.......

-1000 to your "idea/request".......
    I'd have to disagree and say that my post makes perfect sense and is no way a rant. If you disagree with the point of it that is fine, however dismissing it as a nonsensical rant doesn't add any value to any post regardless of your opinion (which I'm asking for) so please keep it constructive.

Regarding putting in work to achieve event goals, I completely agree that if you want your character to look good then you should work hard on that character.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scary View Post
    Welcome to the Leaderboards

I saw rouges also made ties which led to the bottom player being number 45 and yet you're giving rouges a "free hall pass" for their behavior

Also since you play as mage, did you bother to check your bottom player at number 49? Last I checked his points was below 90k and sweetsweetsy had 94k pts sitting at number 48.
    Which defeats your logic that its easier being on LB as a tank player.'

Tell your friend who missed out on LB to consider swapping to mage during LB events, if he cant make the cut as a tank he has no chance running as a rouge.
    Also if you're friend is at bottom 50 it shows their lack of commitment for the LB and before you come at me
    let me tell you that i ran haloween LB without spending gold and i was placed at top 25 whilst working 8 hour days 5 days a week
    This is not my first rodeo, been running event lbs since 2014 but me, that's irrelevant.

I mentioned the ties as I knew somebody would try to use that as their argument, and I also said it doesn't really bother me so please dismiss that from your mind for a moment.

The score/rank have historically always been Rog/Mage/Tank in that order, now this event went Rog/Tank/Mage because tank is known to be the lowest scoring (but by no means easiest) class to run the event. Because its the lowest scoring class, other classes will and have chosen to get the banner for their main (rog/mage) by running warrior class, my suggestion was aimed at making event runs a lot more equitable for warriors who play warrior, it has no benefit to me whatsoever, I'm only advocating for fairness.

Well done for ranking in the Halloween event, and 40 hours per week? Damn, I remember my first part time job too. XD

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Fairness towards classes is everyone's business, but I respect your opinion.
    The system is fair rogues with decent gear can SOLO event same for warr but takes longers as for mages if your not geared well enough it’s hard to solo so best for running event is 1)Rogue-2)Warrior-3)Mage which explains lb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Antispace View Post
    I dont think thats a smart idea. Im honestly not a fan of untradeable items but making the unstashable is even more useless. Imagine u were a Tank for like 2 years and then you wanna switch ur class coz ur bored of tanks and then you wont be able to use any of the hard banners u been running event for on your rog?

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6003 mit Tapatalk
    The first legit valid point I've seen so far against the idea. +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gangsster View Post
    The system is fair rogues with decent gear can SOLO event same for warr but takes longers as for mages if your not geared well enough it’s hard to solo so best for running event is 1)Rogue-2)Warrior-3)Mage which explains lb
    You think a skilled geared tank can kill bosses quicker than a skilled geared mage? Hmm, you must know something I don't.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

You think a skilled geared tank can kill bosses quicker than a skilled geared mage? Hmm, you must know something I don't.
    Did u read carefully I said decent gear when did I say geared as in good gear?
    Please read carefully before replying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

This is not my first rodeo, been running event lbs since 2014 but me, that's irrelevant.

I mentioned the ties as I knew somebody would try to use that as their argument, and I also said it doesn't really bother me so please dismiss that from your mind for a moment.

The score/rank have historically always been Rog/Mage/Tank in that order, now this event went Rog/Tank/Mage because tank is known to be the lowest scoring (but by no means easiest) class to run the event. Because its the lowest scoring class, other classes will and have chosen to get the banner for their main (rog/mage) by running warrior class, my suggestion was aimed at making event runs a lot more equitable for warriors who play warrior, it has no benefit to me whatsoever, I'm only advocating for fairness.

Well done for ranking in the Halloween event, and 40 hours per week? Damn, I remember my first part time job too. XD
    Its 2019 you need to move on seriously, half geared tanks can now solo run bosses quicker than half geared mages can ever run.
    The only advantage mages have over tanks is DS without that weapon mages won't be doing as much damage to bosses as tank would be doing. (intrigued?)

40 hours per week is part time for you? damn! Those hours pay me enough to just have the one job. maybe your paycheck is lower?
    Work smarter not harder
    also. Work to live not live to work bro maybe then you and your friends will have time to invest in running LB or pay your way with plats if you work too much
    Happy New Years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gangsster View Post
    Did u read carefully I said decent gear when did I say geared as in good gear?
    Please read carefully before replying
    I did read it well Sir. My og post was regarding lb runners so your point really is irrelevant as all lb runners are good geared at least. Please explain why tank is better than mage at event?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Its 2019 you need to move on seriously, half geared tanks can now solo run bosses quicker than half geared mages can ever run.
    The only advantage mages have over tanks is DS without that weapon mages won't be doing as much damage to bosses as tank would be doing. (intrigued?)

40 hours per week is part time for you? damn! Those hours pay me enough to just have the one job. maybe your paycheck is lower?
    Work smarter not harder
    also. Work to live not live to work bro maybe then you and your friends will have time to invest in running LB or pay your way with plats if you work too much
    Happy New Years
    But what half geared players run event lbs?

I work hard so I can retire early, and my kids get the chances I never had but meh I was trying to lighten it up a little with a joke.

I ran the full event on plat/purchased energy as I don't have time to farm huhu.

Hny to you and yours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

But what half geared players run event lbs?

I work hard so I can retire early, and my kids get the chances I never had but meh I was trying to lighten it up a little with a joke.

I ran the full event on plat/purchased energy as I don't have time to farm huhu.

Hny to you and yours.
    You think those players running around with medusa, frank set, yeti is all event runners?
    Half of them are modelling them in towns and never been out to explore the wilderness

majority of those well geared players dont run pve they stand in towns and wait for pvp maps to fill up
    Ive got more undergeared players in my guild running event than I see my friends from pvp running events - and these guys are running around with top of the line items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

You think those players running around with medusa, frank set, yeti is all event runners?
    Half of them are modelling them in towns and never been out to explore the wilderness

majority of those well geared players dont run pve they stand in towns and wait for pvp maps to fill up
    Ive got more undergeared players in my guild running event than I see my friends from pvp running events - and these guys are running around with top of the line items
    Again, this post is regarding LEADERBOARD RUNNERS

Of course under geared players are going to farm the event as much as they can farm energy, they can make gold from it to advance their character.

I doubt any top 50 any class was an under geared player who farmed the entire event + energy (not impossible but unlikely)

I won 2 ghost, Medusa and Frank set and wouldn't have farmed this event if I didn't run lb as there were no top level items to loot from event or dawnfire.

I'd personally like to see lb rewards tradeable again in future events.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well i dont find it a problem actually, im a tank. I go with the "best man wins". Idc if they use tanks or so , its a competition . Its expected

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Again, this post is regarding LEADERBOARD RUNNERS

Of course under geared players are going to farm the event as much as they can farm energy, they can make gold from it to advance their character.

I doubt any top 50 any class was an under geared player who farmed the entire event + energy (not impossible but unlikely)

I won 2 ghost, Medusa and Frank set and wouldn't have farmed this event if I didn't run lb as there were no top level items to loot from event or dawnfire.

I'd personally like to see lb rewards tradeable again in future events.
    Youre talking to one, only decent thing i had was ebon only because i looted, besides that my gear is what i guess you would call "decent"
    Leading up to the time i looted ebon i was running round with dusk sword, any decent tank with half a brain can put the two together as to why i picked this particular weapon.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...ning-items-(W) - a link of my old set which i sold
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcXuqQA7RFc - link where i sold artifact
    can send screenshots where i sold 21 precise fury jewels and also send you a video of the first half of event where im running around with only "decent set" until i looted ebon sword

Even with all that gold in my stash from the items I sold and stuff I looted I had no intentions of buying a new set.
    if you think you need OP items to be running for LB - you must be the biggest noob i have met in game
    Youre playing againts environments, its not a pvp arena where you get one shot for not having the right equipments
    Last edited by Scary; 01-12-2019 at 04:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Youre talking to one, only decent thing i had was ebon only because i looted, besides that my gear is what i guess you would call "decent"
    Leading up to the time i looted ebon i was running round with dusk sword, any decent tank with half a brain can put the two together as to why i picked this particular weapon.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...ning-items-(W) - a link of my old set which i sold
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcXuqQA7RFc - link where i sold artifact
    can send screenshots where i sold 21 precise fury jewels and also send you a video of the first half of event where im running around with only "decent set" until i looted ebon sword

Even with all that gold in my stash from the items I sold and stuff I looted I had no intentions of buying a new set.
    if you think you need OP items to be running for LB - you must be the biggest noob i have met in game
    Youre playing againts environments, its not a pvp arena where you get one shot for not having the right equipments
    I'm not sure what all of the above has to do with anything regarding the post, and now it seems your really picking at points to continue arguing? It seems you'd rather insult me than make a good/valid argument as to why you are so against unstashable or completely tradeable lb rewards..so I'm gonna have to remove myself from this discussion.

Congrats if you ran the full event in poor gears, farmed every last energy used and ranked on the lb, very well done to you. Thanks for your input.