Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Something I think devs should think about...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Default Something I think devs should think about...

I want to start off by saying that this thread is regarding the Planar Arena, Hauntlet, and Raid Leaderboards, and I believe that this is a very touchy topic and don't mean to offend anyone with my opinions.

I would like to request that the ability for one team to take multiple positions on one of these leaderboards to be nullified, if you will, so that only one team may take up one slot on the leaderboard. Because right now, for the majority of these leaderboards, we have one team that takes up 4-5 if not all of the positions on the leaderboard and I feel this is a little unfair to all the other players who would like an attempt at these leaderboards. (And before you start babbling about how I just want a LB banner or badge, yes I have run leaderboards and gotten banners, and yes I am on a leaderboard right now). This is not to say that one person can't be on the leaderboard multiple times, just to say that the same team cannot take multiple positions of it, and that if that team continues to run there, times should be an updated position, that they continue to climb if in the same party as opposed to a new slot on the leaderboard.

For instance, let's take the planar arena LB. If a team of players X, Y, Z decides to run timed and they break a record enough to get on the LB. They get there time and a position on the LB. However, if they beat there previous time with the same party, they do not take up another spot, but instead, the team as a whole move up on the leaderboard. However, if player X decides to form a team with players A and B instead of Y and Z, this qualifies as a new team and they can take another position on a leaderboard. There are some players already on these leaderbaords also (I will keep there names private for confidentiality, if sts wishes this information of me they can easily see through my chat logs) who would like to see a system like this implemented.

Right now what we have is a lot like as if an athlete went to the Olympics for their respective event and took home Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals.

However, this is obviously not a pressing issue at all and only applies to a select group of end game players, and the devs should probably focus on enhancing new content before tackling a situation such as this. Ty for reading~

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spheresome For This Useful Post: