Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Something I think devs should think about...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Default Something I think devs should think about...

I want to start off by saying that this thread is regarding the Planar Arena, Hauntlet, and Raid Leaderboards, and I believe that this is a very touchy topic and don't mean to offend anyone with my opinions.

I would like to request that the ability for one team to take multiple positions on one of these leaderboards to be nullified, if you will, so that only one team may take up one slot on the leaderboard. Because right now, for the majority of these leaderboards, we have one team that takes up 4-5 if not all of the positions on the leaderboard and I feel this is a little unfair to all the other players who would like an attempt at these leaderboards. (And before you start babbling about how I just want a LB banner or badge, yes I have run leaderboards and gotten banners, and yes I am on a leaderboard right now). This is not to say that one person can't be on the leaderboard multiple times, just to say that the same team cannot take multiple positions of it, and that if that team continues to run there, times should be an updated position, that they continue to climb if in the same party as opposed to a new slot on the leaderboard.

For instance, let's take the planar arena LB. If a team of players X, Y, Z decides to run timed and they break a record enough to get on the LB. They get there time and a position on the LB. However, if they beat there previous time with the same party, they do not take up another spot, but instead, the team as a whole move up on the leaderboard. However, if player X decides to form a team with players A and B instead of Y and Z, this qualifies as a new team and they can take another position on a leaderboard. There are some players already on these leaderbaords also (I will keep there names private for confidentiality, if sts wishes this information of me they can easily see through my chat logs) who would like to see a system like this implemented.

Right now what we have is a lot like as if an athlete went to the Olympics for their respective event and took home Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals.

However, this is obviously not a pressing issue at all and only applies to a select group of end game players, and the devs should probably focus on enhancing new content before tackling a situation such as this. Ty for reading~

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spheresome For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    227 Posts

I don't play lb because of this so +1
    people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

I agree, having the same players run for lb and getting all the banners is unfair, give other ppl a chance, I asked a time runner rog once if I can tag along to get a banner and his / her response was "lmao no, u need to pay 50m for a spot" im like nah u can keep that spot, implementing ur idea will atleast give others a shot at lb, +1, haters will be ignored ����

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

+1 it should have been implemented before many players would have got chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

True. It should've been like this from the very beginning. +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainrock View Post
    +1 it should have been implemented before many players would have got chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Nokia 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

I also agree, one spot on the lb should be enough reward for a party.

In the end you will just see certain ppl switching out 1 other person in their party, and still be on the board multiple times. In that case, its still better to hold a party to a singular lb spot rather than controlling a whole board.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

+1 I agree but what prevents the players from using an alt or another account?

A lot of LB players dont like random or new players joining the LB. Most even prefer not having a player than someone who isnt experinced with LB because they dont want someone getting LB banner when they havent spent as much gold/plat as them getting their position. That is why they try take as many positions as they can ( not because they fear losing their positions)

This is my past experience as a timed runner ( not sure if this is still the case).
    Last edited by Azerothraven; 01-15-2019 at 02:08 AM.

The awoken king ate me...so I guess in his stomach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

I don't run leaderboards but if you want a spot on the leaderboards for a shiny banner, you should be capable of working hard enough to get one. Beat the top times and clear a spot for yourself. As far as not being able to find a party for a speed run is considered, a speed run is only successful if each and every member knows what they're doing. LB is not about waiting under an apple tree waiting for the apple to fall, it is about climbing up the tree and plucking an apple for yourself.
    No offence, please don't start drama here.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greatankush For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

How about adding a new bracket (Pure/Elixir/Gears) with gears being lvl cap specific to the expansion? For example:

Brackenridge Elite - Lvl 16 gears max.

Shuyal Elite - Lvl 41 gears max.

Probably a bad idea, but it would shake up the op 71's with full MS 71 gears a little huhu.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

.. ahaha .. just hahahha this thread made my day ahahaha ty buddy aahhahaha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by putoshomai View Post
    .. ahaha .. just hahahha this thread made my day ahahaha ty buddy aahhahaha
    Can you reply in a reasonable way? If you need help (constructing sentences), shoot me a pm, I will give you a book recommendation or two.
    Don't quote me

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,878 Posts

This was already on my list to do (since I did an equivalent thing with the upcoming swamp temple challenge leaderboards) - will likely show up in this week's update.

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    This was already on my list to do (since I did an equivalent thing with the upcoming swamp temple challenge leaderboards) - will likely show up in this week's update.
    As i said before, you are the best dev,hands down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Thank you very much for your time consideration and help

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Others spend a lot of time on gear etc for these leaderboards... Why should it just be made easier for others? If you're not good enough you shouldnt be on a leaderboard.. Quite simple. And ofcourse this is a thread made by some1 who had been begging timed runners for a spot in their parties, obviously cant get in, so you have to make a sad thread like this lol.. @Futumush nothing should be done to the leadboard till the new season starts. AS you refused to do anything about bugged Hydra/orrick times, or properly sorting out southern seas.. I dont see why arena should be interfered with, by a few who cannot get on the lb.
    Last edited by MasterP; 01-15-2019 at 03:31 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MasterP For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

well ofcourse you'd be like nah.. you havent paid nearly 50m for timed gear have you? some ppl have over 200m for gear for time runs.. and you guys want freeby easy banners lol.. thats the infuriating thing. WORK FOR IT.. EARN IT. stop complaining.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to MasterP For This Useful Post:

22.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MasterP View Post
    well ofcourse you'd be like nah.. you havent paid nearly 50m for timed gear have you? some ppl have over 200m for gear for time runs.. and you guys want freeby easy banners lol.. thats the infuriating thing. WORK FOR IT.. EARN IT. stop complaining.
    Take your own advice, stop complaining.
    This does nothing to your best time on the leaderboard, and can only improve your position on it.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Take your own advice, stop complaining.
    This does nothing to your best time on the leaderboard, and can only improve your position on it.
    Thank you @Futumsh

Last edited by Flamesofanger; 01-15-2019 at 04:43 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spheresome View Post
    For instance, let's take the planar arena LB. If a team of players X, Y, Z decides to run timed and they break a record enough to get on the LB. They get there time and a position on the LB. However, if they beat there previous time with the same party, they do not take up another spot, but instead, the team as a whole move up on the leaderboard. However, if player X decides to form a team with players A and B instead of Y and Z, this qualifies as a new team and they can take another position on a leaderboard. There are some players already on these leaderbaords also (I will keep there names private for confidentiality, if sts wishes this information of me they can easily see through my chat logs) who would like to see a system like this implemented.
    planar arena LB can be made by 3 or less players, those X,Y,Z can invite random friend (or make some toons lvl40+ and use 2nd device, isnt hard too) and take all 25 spots of lb, in fact it will be same team, but for your new LB it will be 25 different teams.
    Last edited by slaaayerrr; 01-16-2019 at 06:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VenomSet View Post
    Can you reply in a reasonable way? If you need help (constructing sentences), shoot me a pm, I will give you a book recommendation or two.
    Why do I need to do that . If you dont know the word thanks with hahaha reaction . ..
    If you don't understand . Then its not my problem . Thanks again buddy . Hahahaha ..
    Don't make me look bad.
    Sent from my Flare 2.1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by putoshomai; 01-15-2019 at 05:25 PM.