Thread: Campaign Bundles

Schertz, Texas (Right outside of San Antonio)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Campaign Bundles

Hmm... Well I don't actualy understand if this should go in the new players forum, but I thought Ide give it a shot due to my question possibly being affiliated with my lack of experience.
    Anywho, I was looking to buy a campaign bundle, when I noticed that the price of "the first four campaigns bundle" was more expensive than the other 2 bundles (comprised of 2 campaigns each) combined (by 1 platinum.)
    Am I hallucinating? Is there any real advantage to shelling out 1 extra platinum for the "first 4 in one pack?" I know that 1 plat isn't really all that much, however when combined with the 3 plat from the survey, it could certainly make a difference.
    Now, I really don't know if there is something that I just don't understand that would rationalize this ever so slightly difference in price. Can anyone help me understand what the better deal is (getting the 2 "2 in one packs for 10 plat each vs. Getting the "all 4 in one pack" for 21 plat?) The answer may be as obvious as I believe, however again: is there something I'm missing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

The bundle probably had newer maps. The newer the map, the more the price. Start off with the cheap one and when you get to a higher level, buy the other one! XD :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    The bundle probably had newer maps. The newer the map, the more the price. Start off with the cheap one and when you get to a higher level, buy the other one! XD :P
    Nope. I went back to check, and the "first 4 campaigns bundle" contains dark forest through the lost expedition for 21 plat. The "Dark + castle campaign bundle" contains dark forest and balefort castle for 10 plat. The "Fathom & Frost bundle" contains fathom crypts and the lost expedition for 10 plat.
    Thus, if I were to buy the "first four campaigns" pack, I would lose 1 plat in comparison to simply buying the other 2 bundles... Correct?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ONOTHIMAGEN View Post
    Nope. I went back to check, and the "first 4 campaigns bundle" contains dark forest through the lost expedition for 21 plat. The "Dark + castle campaign bundle" contains dark forest and balefort castle for 10 plat. The "Fathom & Frost bundle" contains fathom crypts and the lost expedition for 10 plat.
    Thus, if I were to buy the "first four campaigns" pack, I would lose 1 plat in comparison to simply buying the other 2 bundles... Correct?
    Sneaky devs, huh? Nice job noticing that BTW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol. I just wanted to see another human being telling me that I wasn't going insane. I think what they did, was reach the 21 plat price by comparing a reasonable price to overall cost of the 4 dungeons separately, and not to the cost of the other bundles... Thx for the quick response! Much appreciated Now I can go back to living life without having that deadly cloud of abominable confusion trying to make all of my toilet paper dissapear without my notice. D:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ONOTHIMAGEN View Post
    Lol. I just wanted to see another human being telling me that I wasn't going insane. I think what they did, was reach the 21 plat price by comparing a reasonable price to overall cost of the 4 dungeons separately, and not to the cost of the other bundles... Thx for the quick response! Much appreciated Now I can go back to living life without having that deadly cloud of abominable confusion trying to make all of my toilet paper dissapear without my notice. D:
    lol, welcome to the forums dude, and nice spotting that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

The prices were individually higher, then they had sales and then permanent price reductions, resulting in the current prices. Good eye. There may be another price change when alien oasis 3 comes out. That is when they usually change them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Haha, noticed this too. Also, the first two campaign bundle costs exactly the same as buying campaigns separate (10 vs. 4+6). It can be little confusing, because for a moment I thought I would get something extra (like extra eq) if I buy in bundle, but then decided to buy first, second and then bundle of third and forth in that order.