Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well I'm 55. Get Enchanted or skip and keep Shadow?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Default Well I'm 55. Get Enchanted or skip and keep Shadow?

Back when the cap was 55/56 I farmed sewers for enough money to get a Shadow Wand set. It was great for the months I was locked at 52. I've been in Nuri since 53 joining games, and got to 55 today.

My problem is that I haven't recouped my losses from buying Shadow set and can't buy a MM set, but Enchanted Wand set is fairly cheap for some odd reason. I have about 260k and change.

I die a lot in PUGs where we don't got a bear, and have gone over 500 deaths now (About 300 of which are from trap crits from when I was farming).

I was thinking of trading the Shadow Wand set for a Sentinel Talon set which will be good for my bird later, as this is also a hard to obtain set that costs over a mil like Shadow Wand set. So I won't have any extra money from selling the Shadow Wand set.

By the way I'm full Int.

What should I do guys? I could use the armor points, but it would break my wallet again and I've just started to have money again.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 11-29-2011 at 09:49 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

IMHO, get Enchanted Staff Set, i loved it, used it all the way up to 60

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I dislike staffs and like having armor from the shield.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I dislike staffs and like having armor from the shield.
    :O get MM wand then... pretty price-y tho...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Reason enchanted wand set is so cheap? It has terrible m/s. Yay! Lol. This won't affect PvE as much as PvP. PvE survivability may go up, as the h/s is high enough to rival fortified, I believe. Just buy... Lots of mana pots... And you'll be fine.

Butmegamageiswaybetterjustsaying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I heard m/s on Enchanted is like 19 total max at 55? It's not horrible but definitely low.

I don't PVP. So Enchanted is worth getting then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Yup enchanted is the way to go price wise & health wise I could sell / trade you my MM set if you rather have MM though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Normally no but since shadow is an elite stage set it retains much value after 3 new lv caps i would say yes. If you want to sell the shadow set let me know il buy it all at ones.
    Lv76 Full Dex Bird Supernamek, Lv76 Full Int Nuke Mage Supersongokou, Lv76 Tank Bear Darkpiccolo, Lv76 Tank Support Rhino Darknamek, Lv76 Full Dex DOT Fox Kakkorot

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

When I was 55/56 I had both sets, and I liked the enchanted set much better than the MM set.

For survivability, I think enchanted is better. You don't really need that high of mana regen every since GCD came into effect, and m/s for enchanted isn't that low -- the times that I needed to spam mana pots were when I'm in the middle of a big mob with mana shield on; otherwise, not so much.

So, yeah, for pve I think enchanted is worth getting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

I know this isn't exactly related, but I used my hate set from 50-59 no problems.

The only thing is, that was a bear set and you're asking about Mage gear, but I think the concept still applies

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Back when the cap was 55/56 I farmed sewers for enough money to get a Shadow Wand set. It was great for the months I was locked at 52. I've been in Nuri since 53 joining games, and got to 55 today.

My problem is that I haven't recouped my losses from buying Shadow set and can't buy a MM set, but Enchanted Wand set is fairly cheap for some odd reason. I have about 260k and change.

I die a lot in PUGs where we don't got a bear, and have gone over 500 deaths now (About 300 of which are from trap crits from when I was farming).

I was thinking of trading the Shadow Wand set for a Sentinel Talon set which will be good for my bird later, as this is also a hard to obtain set that costs over a mil like Shadow Wand set. So I won't have any extra money from selling the Shadow Wand set.

By the way I'm full Int.

What should I do guys? I could use the armor points, but it would break my wallet again and I've just started to have money again.
    I was pure Mage til 55 then I reset my stats skill point as str/int . I've noticed that I don't die as often as b4 . I had fortified n enchanted sets both gave great bonus n sparkles but didn't use much my enchanted set on battle . M on my way to 66 but still like 2 use lev 60 strongman glyph items on sewers n circus maps coz heal , man reg r wow n dps is very fast . Hope these info could use . Good luck 🍀
    Lady Viviane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CodyBearr:496730
    Yup enchanted is the way to go price wise & health wise I could sell / trade you my MM set if you rather have MM though
    I'm sure I can't afford it, thanks though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flash:496735
    Normally no but since shadow is an elite stage set it retains much value after 3 new lv caps i would say yes. If you want to sell the shadow set let me know il buy it all at ones.
    Not selling. I might trade it for a Sentinel Talon set though, since the value is roughly the same. Once I get the Enchanted that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyviviane:496823

By the way I'm full Int.

I was pure Mage til 55 then I reset my stats skill point as str/int . I've noticed that I don't die as often as b4 . I had fortified n enchanted sets both gave great bonus n sparkles but didn't use much my enchanted set on battle . M on my way to 66 but still like 2 use lev 60 strongman glyph items on sewers n circus maps coz heal , man reg r wow n dps is very fast . Hope these info could use . Good luck
    Sorry, not helpful since I'm staying full Int. Thanks though.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 11-30-2011 at 06:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Bronislav84, let me take a different stance on this. Since you mentioned you unlocked and just climbed to 55, I'm going to assume you're going to continue to climb the dreaded xp ladder to at least 60 and hopefully beyond. ;-)

With that said, since you mentioned you were trying to increase armor while not breaking the bank, here is a thought. Instead of going with an Enchanted or Mega Mage Set at 55, how about a "broken" set to climb the ladder which provides just as much if not more armor at an afforable price but also provides a better balance for Mana Regen that Enchanted does not. (I crafted my MM set to Enchanted and was extremely disappointed in how many Mana pots I had to "chew" to remain effective, so I ended up breaking my set at 56 to be a Mage again. ;-p)

Enchanted Gemstone Cowl Req: Level 55, 173 Int 14 Int, 8 H/s, 10 Damage, 29 Armor (+2 Int & +1 Armor over MM)
    Enchanted Gemstone Robes Req: Level 55, 173 Int 14 Int, 8 H/s, 10 Damage, 55 Armor (+2 Int over MM)
    Mega Mage's Gem Star Wand Req: Level 55, 173 Int 118-152 Damage, 1.0 Speed, 12 Int, 8 M/s, 10 Armor (+8 M/s over Enchanted, Armor same as Enchanted and better than 56/58/60 wands, damage close enough to the MM Gemstone "set" wand [+6 on the min damge, -6 on the high damage, so call it a wash...], for me its worth the cost savings)

And then the diamond in the rough the TROUBADOUR UNBLINKING EYE: (a green drop that you'll pick up form the mobs, doesn't get any cheaper than that)
    Level 56 12 Int, 2H/s, 4 M/s, 8 Damage, 36 Armor (+3 Armor over MM & Enchanted, +4 M/S over Enchanted, -2 Int vs. Enchanted)
    Level 58 12 Int, 2H/s, 4 M/s, 8 Damage, 37 Armor (+4 Armor over MM & Enchanted, +4 M/S over Enchanted, -2 Int vs. Enchanted)
    Level 60 12 Int, 2H/s, 4 M/s, 8 Damage, 38 Armor (+5 Armor over MM & Enchanted, +4 M/S over Enchanted, -2 Int vs. Enchanted)

Or you can go with a "junk pink" Nuri's Imhotep Eye 22 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 8 Damage, 40 Armor (Level 60 stats can't find the 56 or 58 stats right now...) These used to sell around ~7K gold in CS but I haven't looked in a long time.

Ok, so this delays your bracer purchase until 56 but hopefully with the money you've saved between 55 & 60 you can then buy a Demonic set @ 60 which should carry you easily to 65. Trust me, you'll love the Demonic set and the delay in pretty sparkles between 55 & 60 will be worth the wait!

Good luck and hope to see you in game!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelstrick For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I kept my Shadow set on until I was seriously levelin in in Nuri's. It was still a better set, but the lower was hurting me I felt. I switched to a sewer queen cowl and robes, with enchanted wand and bracer. That gave me better m/s than using full enchanted, and I still had good armor, h/s, dmg, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Also take a look at the lvl 55 Lowman's Wand/Bracer, with SQ robes and a MM Helm, if you can afford it....was a pretty cheap setup I used on my mage up until 58 or so, and was pretty solid all around if I recall. Didn't excel in any one stat, but was decent-for-cheap all around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I used Enchanted Staff set from 55 to 60; it is relatively cheap and gives enough survivability, better than all Nuri's greens (Nuri's pinks may be better, but if you are targeting 60 why spend money before?) As stated by others, a little mana pot consumption is an unwanted side effect, but you easily can manage it (Never tried a bird with RR? Forget it). Only my experience, of course.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

go to http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...3709-Int-Set-s to easily compare those sets

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Pink-O-Mat For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kelstrick:496862
    Bronislav84, let me take a different stance on this. Since you mentioned you unlocked and just climbed to 55, I'm going to assume you're going to continue to climb the dreaded xp ladder to at least 60 and hopefully beyond. ;-)

With that said, since you mentioned you were trying to increase armor while not breaking the bank, here is a thought. Instead of going with an Enchanted or Mega Mage Set at 55, how about a "broken" set to climb the ladder which provides just as much if not more armor at an afforable price but also provides a better balance for Mana Regen that Enchanted does not. (I crafted my MM set to Enchanted and was extremely disappointed in how many Mana pots I had to "chew" to remain effective, so I ended up breaking my set at 56 to be a Mage again. ;-p)

Enchanted Gemstone Cowl Req: Level 55, 173 Int 14 Int, 8 H/s, 10 Damage, 29 Armor (+2 Int & +1 Armor over MM)
    Enchanted Gemstone Robes Req: Level 55, 173 Int 14 Int, 8 H/s, 10 Damage, 55 Armor (+2 Int over MM)
    Mega Mage's Gem Star Wand Req: Level 55, 173 Int 118-152 Damage, 1.0 Speed, 12 Int, 8 M/s, 10 Armor (+8 M/s over Enchanted, Armor same as Enchanted and better than 56/58/60 wands, damage close enough to the MM Gemstone "set" wand [+6 on the min damge, -6 on the high damage, so call it a wash...], for me its worth the cost savings)

And then the diamond in the rough the TROUBADOUR UNBLINKING EYE: (a green drop that you'll pick up form the mobs, doesn't get any cheaper than that)
    Level 56 12 Int, 2H/s, 4 M/s, 8 Damage, 36 Armor (+3 Armor over MM & Enchanted, +4 M/S over Enchanted, -2 Int vs. Enchanted)
    Level 58 12 Int, 2H/s, 4 M/s, 8 Damage, 37 Armor (+4 Armor over MM & Enchanted, +4 M/S over Enchanted, -2 Int vs. Enchanted)
    Level 60 12 Int, 2H/s, 4 M/s, 8 Damage, 38 Armor (+5 Armor over MM & Enchanted, +4 M/S over Enchanted, -2 Int vs. Enchanted)

Or you can go with a "junk pink" Nuri's Imhotep Eye 22 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 8 Damage, 40 Armor (Level 60 stats can't find the 56 or 58 stats right now...) These used to sell around ~7K gold in CS but I haven't looked in a long time.

Ok, so this delays your bracer purchase until 56 but hopefully with the money you've saved between 55 & 60 you can then buy a Demonic set @ 60 which should carry you easily to 65. Trust me, you'll love the Demonic set and the delay in pretty sparkles between 55 & 60 will be worth the wait!

Good luck and hope to see you in game!
    I'm strictly casual with PL but yes I do plan to level up as time allows.

So wow this is informative. And this setup comes out comparable in armor and damage to a full Enchanted with set bonus counted but still better in m/s? And at a bargain price?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 11-30-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

A good cheap build for me was: MM helm, SQ robes, MM star wand, and lowmans bracer....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zapoke View Post
    Reason enchanted wand set is so cheap? It has terrible m/s. Yay! Lol. This won't affect PvE as much as PvP. PvE survivability may go up, as the h/s is high enough to rival fortified, I believe. Just buy... Lots of mana pots... And you'll be fine.

Butmegamageiswaybetterjustsaying.

Unfortunately, the H/S won't be very useful outside of the Sewers, where enemies hit much harder.

Nonetheless, enchanted is a better choice for pure PvE. It's hit% is a bit higher, it does a bit more damage, and there's the crit bonus. For PvP/PvE, go MM.