Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well I'm 55. Get Enchanted or skip and keep Shadow?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    I heard m/s on Enchanted is like 19 total max at 55? It's not horrible but definitely low.

I don't PVP. So Enchanted is worth getting then?
    Max is 13 MS I believe. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're int bird/bear. My bear used it, and it worked well, but when I tried it on Mage, I couldn't stand it. I'd sell shadow and go for MM. Get some extra gold out of it and an awesome wand set. Or you can just go MM wand + bracer with SQ helm + armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Max is 13 MS I believe. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're int bird/bear. My bear used it, and it worked well, but when I tried it on Mage, I couldn't stand it. I'd sell shadow and go for MM. Get some extra gold out of it and an awesome wand set. Or you can just go MM wand + bracer with SQ helm + armor.

On a pure int, you can get 19M/S with staff.

Edit:
    1 M/S extra from revive.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 12-01-2011 at 01:02 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WhoIsThis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    And this setup comes out comparable in armor and damage to a full Enchanted with set bonus counted but still better in m/s? And at a bargain price?
    Ok, here is some "math in public" so I apologize in advance if I got the numbers wrong.

With your position that you want a shield for armor, I've got the Enchanted Gemstone Wand/Bracer Load Out with Set Bonus at:

56 Int, 36 H/s, 4 M/s, 133 Armor, +2 Dodge

My recommended poor man's load out with Troubador Eye

52 Int, 10 H/s, 12 M/s, 130 Armor

And with Nuri's Imhotep Eye

62 Int, 21 H/s, 13 M/s, 132 Armor (assuming 56 Nuri's Imhotep Eye at 38 Armor)

Ok, so with Nuri's Imhotep Eye you give up 1 pt of Armor but improved Int by 6 pts and your M/s by 9 pts. Sure you give up 15 pts of H/s, but if you're with a good party you shouldn't be taking the heat from Sewer or Nuri mobs. (After all you're a pure INT mage, not a Pally, so stay back and let the bears take the heat!)

I don't have access to CS, but I believe the cost savings between the MM Gem Star wand & Nuri Imhotep Eye is going to be huge, Huge, HUGE compared to the price of an Enchanted Gemstone Wand & Enchanted Bracer. (Note, I think only the Gemstone Wand generates the Set Bonus, so don't get fooled by a lower price for an Enchanted Gem Star Wand as there is good reason why its less expensive!)

Finally, I can't stress strongly enough how disappointed I believe you will be by the lack of M/s with the Enchanted Wand/Bracer, especially as a Pure Int Mage. Honestly, I didn't find myself chewing a few Mana Pots but ALOT of them to remain effective, which is why I broke my Enchanted Wand/Bracer set as soon as I could pick up some Nuri gear at 56. I know alot of people are attracted to the pretty sparkles of set gear, but the sparkles of Enchanted are not worth the heartache of chewing pots which is probably why you see it so much cheaper than MM.

B/L: make the small investment for the "junk pink" Nuri Imhotep Eye load out and bank your Enchanted savings for Demonic at 60.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I will get your setup then Kel. I can afford it on a 270k budget right? And would I be able to resell it for the same price I got it for?

If anything I'll just get regular Glyph at 60 if I can't afford Demonic, which seems kinda likely right now.

Almost 56 as of last night.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Just checked CS, here are the prices I see:

Enchanted Cowl: 45K
    Enchanted Robe: 24K
    MM Gem Star Wand: 30K
    Nuri Imhotep Eye: 149K

Total: 248K

I'll leave it up to you to chose whether to buy the Nuri Imhotep Eye or just grab a Troubador Eye from a mob drop. I believe Gustav the Strong Man from the House of Pain drops bracers/shields, so if you don't buy you may want to focus your farming there.

EDIT: Sorry, no idea on resell value as with the exception of trying to find a "poor man's loadout" I don't really play the merchant side of this game. Hopefully there is someone following this thread that can provide you some solid feedback on how stable 55 & 56 gear prices are.

EDIT 2: For fun I went to check out prices for Enchanted (60K) and Mega Mage (99K) bracers and Enchanted (49K) and MM (39K) Wands to see what the set price would be. Since armor is your primary goal, I don't think the 3 pts you gain over the Troubador Eye is worth the 178K that an Enchanted Set would run nor the 243K that a MM Set would cost. I was really hoping the Nuri Imhotep Eye price was going to be more in line with its 60 counterpart which is running 12K. I never would have thought a 56 Eye would cost 10 times more than a 60! Ok, I'm going to stop before I add anymore to this Great American Novel. (However, add me in game if you want me to help you farm House of Pain!)
    Last edited by Kelstrick; 12-01-2011 at 07:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

@Kelstrick:

You are comparing sewer gear with nuri gear. The higher level gear will always out-perform the lower level gear. Particularly given the crits on the mage sets. Get the Nuri's stuff at level 56 - the crit is very good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

No, he's comparing a mix of level 55/56 gear to a Enchanted set which I can afford and shouldn't get to the MM and full Nuri items at 56 neither of which I can't afford a full set of, and giving me options on what to wear at this level. On a meager budget.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 12-02-2011 at 12:35 AM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

...when I was 55, I wore an Enchanted Wand Set but dreamed of having a Glowstick Shadow Set...XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

That's so backwards Zeus, since Enchanted is higher level.

Then again considering Shadow is -technically- better, I'm not really surprised.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    On a pure int, you can get 19M/S with staff.

Edit:
    1 M/S extra from revive.
    I was referring to wand set Hehe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    I was referring to wand set Hehe.
    I cannot recall, but someone was reportedly able to get 14M/S on wand. It may simply be because they were higher level and the extra int gave them 1M/S extra though. I cannot remember and you'll have to experiment to see.