Thread: Kahlua's SL Art and Forum Signature AUCTION! (Not official yet!!!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Default Kahlua's SL Art and Forum Signature AUCTION! (Not official yet!!!)

Hey yall!

So I had a signature selling thread a few weeks ago that due to personal issues, my team and I could not complete the requested orders. Another big issue is that my main sig guy, my brother, is very picky about what he makes. He won't make a signature if the person wants something he feels will look bad and will tarnish his name as an artist.

SOOOO to solve this problem, I now bring you my newest idea - A Signature AUCTION! Here's how this works;

1. I will upload a signature to the thread with no name or any ID tags on it (maybe my name just for show of what the font will look like, depends on what I'm given)

2. An Starting bid will be given, as well as an Autowin bid. Bids will have to increase by a certain amount to be credited, which will also be mentioned per signature.

3. As hosting a live auction is impossible (unless we used the forum chat...), a deadline will also be posted. Once that deadline hits, the auction for that signature is Over pending payment.
    - If no payment is received within 24 hours, the signature will re-open for auction at the original starting bid

4. To post a bid, simply write the name of the signature you're bidding on (could be more than 1, all will be named) and a price and post it here. I will then make a top bidder edit on the original first post

Here's the fun part - this thread and auction is open to EVERYONE!. If you want to get your work put into the auction (I will edit the first post after this one for the pictures to keep everything organized), all you need to do is PM me the following:

- Image file/picture in original quality (if you have it)
    - Image file/picture is STS forum regulation quality (500x100 max, or 15kb max)
    - Name of your artwork (for labeling)
    - Starting Bid, Autowin, suggested minimum bid increase (subject to change)
    - Proof you are in fact the author of this work (psd file, picture of layers, etc)
    - Your IGN

All profits from signature/art sales will go to their respected sellers. I will not be keeping any cut or anything, I just ask that you let me organize everything my way and do not post your work in the thread directly. You will receive all credit for your work, you have my word.

IMPORTANT - if you win an auction and flake on the payments TWO times, you will no longer be allowed to bid on artwork. Blatant overbids and price manipulations can result in an immediate ban from bidding if I see fit. Don't ruin it for everyone guys, I'm giving two chances, don't abuse this.

**Depending on how well this idea does, I will also be hiring "repo men/women" to assist me in revenue collection. It'd hard to track down all the people, so I'd probably hire 1/2 people to go out and collect the money, receiving a percentage of the money as payment. The better I do, the better you do

This thread will be for comments and suggestions and for me to figure out what I left out. When everything is squared away and I have some product to sell, I will kindly ask a Dev to erase this thread, and I will simply make a new one. This is simply a rough draft to see how the idea takes. Feedback please!!!
    Last edited by Kahlua; 11-29-2011 at 11:20 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

+1 to this idea. =)

Rodvik - 40 Engineer - Guy on the Couch in Infinite Union
    Fouroneone - Pay It Forward

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Hey I'll be a collector for you if that's cool with you
    IGNs
    AL: Dsll - Mage lvl 40 ~ Dslll - Rogue lvl 11
    SL: Olz - Engineer lvl 46 ~ Troopakoopa - Operator lvl 20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Sure Olz
    Like I said, I want to see how well this idea does before I do that.
    If business isn't moving as quickly as I'd like, I won't really need any help.
    The more demand for art/the more artwork I personally can auction and others submit...the more I'll need collectors!

New Idea - Repeat Buyer's Rewards

I appreciate people who appreciate art and want a variety of signatures/desktops/etc to work with. For those people who have won multiple auctions, you will be granted 10%, increasing by 5% for each additional win, for up to as much as 25% of your money back during the trade. As long as you show the credit amount on your person that you originally placed as a bid, you will be eligible for discounted prices.

Guest artists auctioning off work do not have to follow this policy. This directly applies to ALL items that I am auctioning. Discounts from other artists is at their discretion.

^^^ Have some ideas as to why this will NOT work, so don't count this discount policy as set in stone ^^^
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help