Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The State of Pocket Legends in 2019

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Default The State of Pocket Legends in 2019

This thread has been a long time coming, so please, hear us out. (the last time something like this was posted was in 2013.)

It's no secret that this game has had its ups and downs over its extremely long stay in such a volatile market that is mobile gaming. We are all grateful that this game still has its server's running. However, in its current state, it holds no longevity as we venture into 2019. Since the start of January, I have been working with the majority of PL community both old and new, to gather and collate their ideas about what this game needs.

Over many, many discussions held with many players, we have boiled the game's issues into 5 key things, and their sub-issues, and the impact this has on the community over time. All of these we have spent considerable time coming up with a solution for. I put this list in the community discord and the response was almost complete agreement that these things need to be addressed.

The issues are as follows and will be addressed throughout this post.

1. lack of ways for new players to obtain wealth

i. inability to obtain sufficient gear to play solo (regardless of player skill)
    ii. gold inflation over time
    iii. event's and little advertisement
    iv. autolevelling
    v. conclusion

2. Little to no advertisement of the Game in the App Store and Playstore
    i. hard to find game on app store
    ii. lack of publicity creating lack of potential revenue
    iii. conclusion

3. Gambling.. Oops, I Mean Enchantments
    i. gambling... the actual probability
    ii. the gold sink
    iii. the effect on PvP and PvE
    iv. increase in gap between rich and poor
    v. conclusion

4. The Impact of Botting
    i. increase in gap between rich and poor
    ii. setting a standard for others to follow.
    iii. conclusion

5. Lacklustre Tutorial

6. Extra Player Suggested Ideas that I Don’t Know Where to Put

7. Too Long; Didn't Read

lack of ways for new players to obtain wealth

i. inability to obtain sufficient gear to play solo (regardless of player skill)

Back in the days before chrome, quests used to give decent xp and gold for the level cap, and market prices respectively. Nowadays, the average quest gives 350 gold. Before the market quite literally crashed, (due to chrome botting,) completing a few quests was enough to earn you 5k gold. In these times, for the levels 10-50, 5k gold was enough to buy one or more purple or green item from the CS. A full set of purple or green items was more than enough to allow a team of players (two or more) to run through the campaigns.

Nowadays, due to the addition of pets, it seems greens and purples are quite often liquidated due to everyone owning a DEV and having no need for gear. You can quite literally, solo ‘naked,’ all the way to 85 with a dev and ranged class.

Browsing through the CS, I made a quick search for green and purple items. I found only L45-50 AoE staffs – these only have a market because they are used in Ok’Tal PvE to improve your efficiency, as shown here by Opest. The rest of the items that used to flood the CS are nowhere to be seen, because they all get liquidated now that pets have blown stats out of proportion.

Up until AO2, the mobs don’t hit too hard and you can comfortably solo in whatever drops you get. But once you get out of the sand and hit the tombs, those yellow & blue aliens carry far too much damage for trash and common gear to compete. This used to be no problem when green and purple items were abundant, but as aforementioned, it all seems to get liquidated now due to dev dragons.

Pretty much any gear works up to the middle of AO2. Once you reach the corridor levels, the mobs start to hurt a bit, even in above average gear (green and purple.) Below, is a video of Kixxler trying to solo AO2 in average gear. He still died.

As you can see, even after grouping mobs in a corner (which is the most effective way to kill as a bear,) he still died in what I would consider to be the gear most players of this level would be able to obtain.

I agree that blessings have helped to circumvent this issue, but as mentioned in a later section, I see very few new players knowing how to use the dailies.

Upon reaching AO2, it is quite obviously a deterrent for many. Being forced to solo maps that are quite difficult really ruins the fun of PvE. To combat this, most players will equip a coloured ring of valiant glory. These rings significantly improve a low-level players stats, to the point where you can comfortably solo to Nuri’s without much of an issue, as long as you have one of these rings. However, these rings are quite expensive and upon my last look in CS are selling for a minimum of 600k. These rings are effectively wearing a boosted L30 Halloween Marrow Mantle (Dex) that can be equipped by any character. Below, is a comparison of equipping both these items, side by side.

The new players I have spoken to are unaware of what the CS is and how it works. After I explained the concept to a couple, they were elated at the possibilities it opened up for buying and selling gear – the tutorial should really be extended to explain this niche aspect of the game.

If you assume each quest up to AO2 gives 350 gold, and a player manages to complete all of them, by the time you reach level 38, you will have 44100 gold. (126quests x 350g.)

In today’s market, this is nowhere near enough quest rewards to afford any viable gear, let alone a ring. A solution I propose to combat this as the value of gold decreases over time is to increase the amount of gold per quest to 1000. This means that by the time you reach level 38, you will have 126k gold (126quests x 1000g). Even then, that is very little in today’s economy, but anything extra would lead to even more botting. Though, it would be much more difficult to bot quests, it would be impossible to know when exactly you have 1000 yeti pellets, for example. Also, quests cannot be redone, making only very few worth botting (boss killing, for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Walie
    The gold needed for adequate endgame items is so inflated that a player solely getting gold through the leveling process, even if consistently saving from levels 1-105, won't even have 2% of the needed funds. (That isn't an exaggeration, it's mathematical fact!)
    Potions are quite expensive for new players, and the new players I have spoken to all seem to struggle to afford HP and Mana potions. Perhaps quest rewards could also include 25 of each potion?

The most efficient method for buying potions is to buy them 60 at a time, this works out to be 20g per potion. Each quest gives roughly 350 gold, meaning that a player should be able to buy 17 per quest completion. 10 potions is what I would say is about the average needed per run if you do not have a mage and have under levelled gear. This means that you need to spend 200gold to have enough potions to complete a level, leaving 150g left over to buy gear – which is nowhere near enough to even buy anything from NPC’s, let alone the CS.

This is why I propose quests should also give potions on top of more gold. Many players probably do not have more than 25 of each potion, as that is the max you can carry if you don’t stash or buy them. This is why I also believe it should be mentioned in the tutorial how you can carry more than 25 of each potion. Another thing that could be improved to increase the ability for new players to run maps is to increase the rate at which you are given a potion as a drop when in PvE. This would make it so that less gold is needed to be spent on that, which means they will be able to save more gold for gear.

However, this increase in gold per quest would only help if players were made known about how the CS and potion gathering works in the tutorial. This way, they know they can spend their hard earned gold on new gear and enough potions to co

You would only have to make a script to change quest reward’s, surely that is not a difficult task, and one which would benefit players immensely.

A dear friend of mine, Ruby, once made a forum post about how she was able to make 1.7m before hitting level 35, without use of the CS or events (events didn’t exist when this post was made). This is quoted below and is information that I think should be mentioned all over the early game, whether that be quest dialogue or a pop-up in the tutorial. I have pasted what she said below:

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby
    1 make mage, instantly lock xp
    2 run very first map over and over again and use free daily and blessings
    as a level 1 there will be lots of crafting drops especially as mage
    3 keep locked until you have a 5 and a 15 recipe for yourself and something like 5 to 10 expert or arti those sell highest plus all other recipes you can get
    4 level up and do daily quests every day maybe stalking higher levels in skeleton and road map
    5 craft your level 5 and wear it so other gear doesn't matter much
    Watch cs for cheap gems you need for crafting
    6 dailies dailies dailies and craft the other stuff especially dex also do all quests they pay some gold
    7 sell crafted armor in town or in cs with prices atm you'll make a million easily
    8 I locked again at 10 for dark forest leather but it wasn't worth it
    9 lock again at 15 and farm wyldwood
    join rooms there or remake map 1 and rush the fire guy to the right
    farm until you got like 5 to 10 pink talons and lots of other pinks you can sell over time
    10 lock again at 22 and farm sand caves
    this is hard when there are no games on
    From the crafted armors and the 15 weapons alone you should have enough gold now to buy a 3 pc Dragon at level 20ish
    As I said this way is for when you like to farm and level slowly so might be difficult for pvpers” – Ruby
    One issue arising to new players is the lack of players in dungeons. This is mainly due to the majority of the community being congregated at endgame. This means that there are few farmers left running maps and helping new players level. Perhaps if PvP was balanced we would see more farmers and a broader range of maps being ran? As Walie said: “Where once new players could level by following farmers, the lower level campaigns are no longer worth farming, thus no easy leveling.”

ii. gold inflation over time
    To put it bluntly, the game’s economy is ruined. The value of gold has decreased significantly over the years, meaning more gold is needed to buy the same items. This has only worsened with the introduction of tradeable vanities and gold-farming events - the inflation on every set is utterly ridiculous.

The root of this problem can most agreeably be traced back to the 71 cap. This cap was where elite items were able to be looted from a very difficult dungeon. The players then, asked ridiculous prices for these items, which more often than not did not fit inside the trade window. This, coupled with the rise of botting has led to there being far too much gold inside an economy that is predominantly controlled by a small portion of the games players.

Another issue causing gold to inflate is the ever-present issue of the blackmarket inside this community. Though, it has somewhat lessened since the introduction of tradeable vanities, it has allowed for those players to sell their obtained items without seeming like a scammer at all. This has caused many scammers to return and sell items they had obtained. This increased the demand for discontinued items, which has caused their price to skyrocket.

With the recent implementation of Qtr/Stat Guns, and Stat Pets, PvP over L50 has all but died out. These weapons add such insane stats compared to campaign weapons, that there isn’t really any use for the other items. These weapons, as of right now, are only obtainable for platinum inside events. The “cheapest” you can buy a Qtr for is 500Platinum. If you take the value of 1platinum, at the best possible price (eg buying 2k at a time), 500Platinum equates to $25USD. However, this is unrealistic, as I believe most people buying qtr’s buy Platinum 800 at a time, meaning the value of 500platnium is $36USD.

In the recent event, a new stat pet was added, Tinsel. This pet was available for 400platinum, meaning it has a monetary value of $20 USD if buying platinum 2k a time. This is probably the item in the highest demand at the moment due to its speed and superior stats. It’s worth 25-30million gold – a figure almost unobtainable to new players due to the lack of gold given by quest rewards. This really extends the gap between rich and poor, as newer players will struggle to ever acquire wealth in an economy where everything is overpriced.

The supply for these event items will never be as steadily available as an item that can be farmed, as they are discontinued. The problem with this is that Qtr Weapons and Tinsel’s are in such high demand due to their usefulness in PvP and PvE, that their prices have skyrocketed to anywhere over 10million gold.

Their introduction has also killed off PvP at levels over 50 as no other gear is needed. This in turn, means that no one farms the relevant campaigns for once desirable gear. This means most new players have an inability to obtain gear for their level as nobody farms the maps and auctions off trash drops for cheap. Meaning the supply for items is decreasing continually, whilst the demand will always be increasing as long as players are levelling up – increasing the price per item.

As it stands right now, the inflation of gold has caused a wealth gap that almost seems fictitious. Popular PvP levels at lower levels have always been around. This has always been the case because it is easy to reach these levels. The price for these items have increased dramatically over the years. Level 15 Expert Leathers were once worth 50k a piece, upon a recent search in CS, I see that they are now 555k a pop. This equates to a 455% increase in gold over time. The same can be said for L30 sets, which were once worth 10k, and now sell for 70k, which is a 600% in gold over time. The further up the levels you go, (dwindling at 51-77 because of qtr’s,) this figure only increases as less and less people play the conventional campaigns.

If nothing is done about all the excess gold in the economy, shortly, it will be literally impossible for new players to own the best gear. This is only worsened by enchantments, but that will be covered in a later section.

A comment made by Ptsx over the community discord summarises this issue quite nicely:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptsx
    Inflation, in my opinion, is mainly driven by merch's. The good ones buy out particular portions of the market that they know are popular and mark up the price by 50%-100%. This has happened for the majority of the games life and unfortunately gold events has given them the excuse to mark up even more with the value of gold being reduced. STS have countered inflation very well though with enchants effectively removing currency from the game. Problem with inflation on PL is that when its time for it to be over (all the noobs have blown gold from the event on their favourite vanities) , merch's and people selling in CS actively pursue to keep the inflation price constant. This leaves gold events as the only way for new and up-and-coming players to get their hands on a pet and gear which will make their life on PL a lot easier. To summarize my opinion, Merch's are responsible for inflation being present in PL for the length of time it has been. Initial inflation is understandable, but to be going on this long? Just greedy players.. Thats my 2 cents worth.
    I don’t think there is a definitive solution to this problem, because everyone is vain, and will not want to part with the wealth they have created if we were to simply delete everyone’s gold and start afresh. The enchantment services have been a much-needed gold sink, but if gold-farming maps continue to be implemented, we fear there won’t be enough of a gold sink – this will eventually make it impossible for new and returning players to accumulate enough wealth to compete in PvE and PvP.

iii. event's and their little advertisement in-game
    Events are by far the most time-efficient way to earn gold in todays market. For new players, this would be a blessing, as they would finally be able to earn enough gold to buy gear, rings, and potions if they were willing to put in the effort to get enough points. However, besides a very vague message in the update banner, and a more confusing than helpful NPC, the events aren’t mentioned anywhere else in game. I think if they were better advertised in the tutorial, that there would be a much larger participation from less informed players. Perhaps, a message could be announced whenever you change maps, like the one we currently have:
    Perhaps it could say something like: “don’t forget to check forest haven weekly so that you don’t miss out on new events and a chance to earn gold!”

I asked around in game and one response I got from Blitz was that:
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz
    there should be somewhere in Balefort or Ok’Tal where players can vote on what type of update they want, and whether or not it’s a good idea to have it implemented.
    Whilst this is a little off topic it gave me the idea that we could also have the same thing to advertise events, except it should be explained much better and in less vague terms than what has happened in previous events.

Another method of broadcasting events to new players would be to add an in depth description of what to do to the NPC dialogue in Forest Haven. This could just be the dot-pointed version from the forums, with added emphasis on the fact that you can earn a lot of gold by simply playing this map. Another method of getting word out there about the event is a popup when you login, which would offer to take you to the forum thread for the specific event. This would also be a good way to advertise the forums, which has an endless array of information readily available for no cost.

iv. Autolevelling
    Though this has a lot of ties to the outdated tutorial, I do believe this deserves its own section in a spot where it covers the affect it has on PvE.
    The auto-levelling stat distribution has some really weird anomalies in the way it distributes stats that no one understands.

The bear auto-levelling almost follows this pattern: 5str, 5str, 3str/2dex, 5str, 5str, … , 3str/2dex, 5str. But then it goes 2str/3dex at Level 8. This is really odd when the unanimously agreed way to spec a bear is to have the best balance between survivability and hit%, given by 3str/2dex until you reach the soft hit% cap of 84. The hit% debate has always been long and ongoing, no one has as much comprehensive evidence as Physiologic, which leads me to believe he is the most correct. His thread can be found here.

Here is a photo of the bear build at level 9 if you use autolevelling:
    Ideally, the bear skills should follow Rot’s Comprehensive Bear Guide, which can be found here, or Mr Wallace’s Guide to a Tank Bear (the build. the gear mentions boosters which have since become irrelevant,) found here, or alternatively Ellyidol’s 55setup can also be found here.

Any of these are suitable, these three bears were phenomenal at PvE, which is where the majority of people using autolevel are found.

Birds are somehow weirder. They are specced pure dex, which is the best decision to maximise damage. However, the build that is given by level 9 is terrible. Meditation reduces armor and also gives very little mana in return of the cost to use it; only restoring 26mana in total, that isn’t even enough to cast thorn wall. To quote Dolloway:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway
    I would recommend zero avian that low. But if you're going to use it... 1 max. But 2 when you’re only Level 9? Lol.
    Here is a photo of the bird build at Level 9 with autolevelling:
    Ideally, the bird build should follow the one given by Physiologic in his Comprehensive Archer Skills and Equipment Guide, which can be found here.

The mage build seems to focus very heavily on single-target damage, due to using 3frost at level9. Single-target damage is a bird or foxes’ job, whilst a mages build should focus predominantly on support and AoE. This means that a more suitable build at this level would be to put every available point into lightning and heal on levels where you do not unlock a skill.

This is the autolevelling mage build at Level 9 (left. The stats are pure int, as they should be for a support class.):
    The build pictured to the above right can be credited to Pharcyde, found here in his enchantress guide. This build focuses on an enchantress’ job – AoE damage and debuffs, with a lot of heal and support, which is demonstrated by max debuffs and 6heal. I think this is an excellent build for level 56, and should be used by the autoleveller.

The fox autolevelling build is already ruined by level 5. Adding anything more than one (1) to rabid bite means the fox no longer has the ability to dash when not in range of an enemy. This makes escaping from fights in both PvE and PvP extremely difficult if a fox uses autolevelling. Also, it’s fun to dash around towne - who would want to be denied that privilege?

The stat distribution is pure dex for the first 2 levels, and then 4/1 dex/int all the way to level 9. This is because int was thought to give extra skill damage to needles when the class was created, however, this was disproven here. (thanks to Zapoke) We now know that pure dex is the ideal way to spec a fox that is focused on pure damage (which is the idea of the class).

There has been no guide made for Ranger’s that details anything worth mentioning as far as a skill build whilst levelling. To approach this issue, I asked Walie what he thought would be the best skill build at L56 (where other guides for other classes have stopped,) here is what he said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality
    Heyo! Str fox is best at 56. So minimum str to use strongman (128) and rest dex. High poison needles and dart are good with high vixen kick. Hypnotise may be able to be pretty low with high needles. Most important part of 56 is to stay on your opponent.
    Also, we know that pure dex foxes are the best at dealing single-target raw damage in the entire game. However, this comes with a fair drawback of low survivability. To address this, the autoleveller should constantly spec attributes to be 3str/2dex per level. This spec allows foxes to equip the best Str gear at all levels, whilst still adding large amounts of hit, crit and skill damage from the constant stream of dex.

The Rhinos autolevelling stat distribution seems fine, being 4str/1int per level. This gives a good balance of HP, armor, mana, and mana regen – the key aspects to a rhino. While I personally cannot comment on the build, I know many others who could. Below the Rhino autolevel build is depcited, along with suggestions made by Quality on what needs to be improved:

I reached out to Quality to gather his comments on the ideal rhino build for PvE up to L56. Here is what was advised:
    Quote Originally Posted by Quality
    The stats should be Str/Int (4/1 or 3/2,) and the autoleveller should put more points in charge, redemption and restore early on. After buffs are unlocked, they should be maxed in this order: vital and then stone. After that, tempest should be maxed for damage output.
    To finish off this section, we simply ask that the autolevelling is adjusted to follow the above builds and skill progressions based off of feedback from players experienced in the nuances of the various classes. Everyone I have asked has played the specific class since its release with nowhere near as much time spent on any other class.

This will allow the players who use autolevelling to have the build and stats put into the places that are going to matter. After 56, I fully believe autolevelling should be turned off and that players should be prompted as to how they adjust their stats based off what they like based on their experience thus far.

v. conclusion

This thread has barely begun, and so far, we have covered a lot of ground. Don’t get us wrong, we all know that this game doesn’t have as many new players daily as it once used to. However, that doesn’t mean there is not an influx of new players - the actual figure known only by StG. It is common knowledge within this industry that happy and loyal customer’s stick around for the long haul.

If your team does not cater to the newer players by listening to these suggestions that we have spent hours brainstorming together, then I fear this game will truly die by the end of the year. You know how loyal your fanbase is, I am sure you are aware that we will support you until the end of this game.

By not listening to our suggestions it has created a wall that has stopped many new players from levelling up and accumulating wealth (for reasons aforementioned). Without implementing these suggestions, none of which thus far have been more than adjusting figures in an array or script, you will lose the influx of new players that remain – due to the difficulty of this game in its current state.

Little to no advertisement of the Game in the App Store and Playstore

i. Hard to Find the Game on the App and Play Stores

This game is extremely difficult to find on either of the mobile App Store’s, and I cannot find this game on the chrome webstore, outside of a direct link. Others agree with me and have said things such as “Pocket Legends very low down the list of suggested games unfortunately. Most new potential players do not know the existence of the game in the app store. (Sunflwershine)”

This image shows a search for PL on the chrome webstore, with no results coming up.

The Chrome webstore has removed its app section entirely, which was announced in 2017.

Currently, the only way to play PL on chrome is if you have it previously installed or if you use the link found here.

I believe this killed a lot of potential broadcasting for the game, as AL, PL, DL & SL were all highly rated on the Chrome Appstore, as they were the few full-blown MMORPG’s on the chrome store.

On the iOS Appstore, it is an entirely different story. PL (and AL) are nowhere to be found in the Top200 Role-Playing Games, despite that being their designated category in the App description.

On iOS, if you search “mmorpg” or “rpg,” there seems to be a mixed response as to whether PL or AL appears first, even though they have the same rating of 4 stars. If I search either of these terms, PL appears for me first. I had others do the same, and they said AL appears and then PL shortly after.

I decided to test this on my own android emulator, as I do not own an android device, and the results I found were as follows:
    - Searching “rpg” on the playstore means neither AL nor PL will appear before the apps stop loading
    - Searching “mmorpg” on the playstore means AL appears, and then PL
    - Searching “fantasy” on the playstore means neither AL nor PL will appear before the apps stop loading

Conducting the same test on an iOS device, I made the following conclusions:
    - Searching “rpg” on the iOS Appstore means PL appears at the 17th spot, and then AL shortly after.
    - Searching “mmorpg” on the iOS Appstore means PL appears at the 18th spot, with surprisingly, SL at the 23rd spot before AL.
    - Searching “fantasy” on iOS brings perhaps the weirdest result. After 110 results, no StS game has appeared. This is a big issue as ‘fantasy’ is something I would definitely say when describing either of these games to someone.
    -
    To conclude on this test, it is evident that the same search terms in either store do not bring the same results. This should be fixed to extend the audience to both games, and not just PL.

Also, the description of AL is about twice as long as the description for PL. Which seems weird, when this is free to change and both games have won about equal amount of notable awards. A comparison of both are pictured below on the next page, the height difference in the images speaks for themselves.

There is an easy fix to these search inconsistencies, and perhaps one that would make PL (and AL) a more obtainable game for many. All that would need to be changed was the text and keywords, so that more search terms yield an appearance of PL (and AL) in both Appstore’s. You have had contests in the past to help with your App Store advertisement for PLA - would this time be any different? (found here)

ii. Lack of Publicity Creating a Lack of Revenue
    I believe the title and subheading speak for itself – a lack of advertisement means less traffic directed to your app, and as a consequence, less money to be made.

It is no secret that this game’s current business model was made to milk money off of the current loyal fanbase. Why else would vanity hats have increased to 7x their plat price compared to before?

The problem with this business model is that once the loyal and long-lasting fanbase becomes too busy to play this game, you are going to lose the majority of their spenders. Perhaps the only reason a lot of us still play today is because we don’t want to give up on the game we invested so much time and money into.

WhoIsThis sums this up better than anyone else could ever hope to achieve, so I will link his writing here.

It may be old, but his point still stands, and is perhaps even more relevant now than it was before (7years later) – the current state of the game has no long term prospective, and this is only becoming worse as time goes on due to the aggressive monetisation of this game.

The solution to this problem presented to by WhoIsThis still to this day, seems the most effective, and can be found here.

Without a lack of publicity and a change of the business model (from aggressive monetisation to something more sustainable,) this game will surely lose its loyal playerbase by the end of the year – creating a dead community. For a new player, joining an MMORPG with no players is definitely a deterrent and is also an oxymoron within itself, lol.

iii. Conclusion

I think by far the best solution to the lack of advertisement is to let the willing players do the work for you. This could be in the form of hosting contests to let us concoct the text that could be displayed or by giving suggestions of keywords to be used in the search terms.

At the least, the suggestions mentioned by WhoIsThis above need to be followed to ensure any longevity heading towards late 2019.

Gambling.. Oops, I Mean Enchantments

i. Gambling.. the actual probability

The title of this section is not an attempt at humour, but the reality of the enchantments system.

Rolling stats with gold or platinum is quite literally gambling disguised as something useful. The odds for said rolls have not been released, so I went ahead and calculated them myself (to include the added gold-loot% stats). Based upon what they are, I wonder whether they were even calculated before release.

My results can be found here, and I will assume you have looked at them before you continue reading:
    https://i.imgur.com/8fu22yg.jpg

What I find fascinating is that for any roll on an item with 2 or more slots, you have less than an 0.05% chance for receiving a perfect roll.

For example, I genuinely do not believe anyone will ever obtain max damage on a mythic ring before the game is empty.

I know players who have spent thousands upon thousands of platinum to get perfect enchantments, and still don’t have them, only 80% of the way there… and this is only on single items.

It shouldn’t have gotten to the point where people are spending thousands of platinum at a time just to get the best gear, and are often getting nothing. Ridiculous.

Numerous suggestions have been made on forums in both the AL and PL section. It would be impossible to find exactly who thought of each suggestion, so I will simply list what I have seen here (none of these ideas are my own, but instead, that of the community):

- The ability to roll each slot one at a time for a higher cost (I think the first mention of it in the PL section was here.)
    - The ability to lock slots once you get desired stats
    - Locking items so that you do not accidentally reroll an item of the same name
    - Having a history button to go back 5 previous rolls in case you spam clicked over one.
    - Being able to reroll specifc stats, such as a pool of only damage rolls

Ideally, these would all be added, though, realistically, if anything was added it would probably only be one of them. Either way, something needs to be done – as of right now, the enchantment system is not good enough. It is causing many players to waste hard earned money both in and out of game simply to compete.

ii. The Gold Sink
    Before everything was able to be put in a trade window (and the gold cap increased), the community was crying out for a goldsink. The want for a goldsink (or better method of maintaining the economy) can be seen in numerous places, such as here and here, to name a couple.

Like mentioned in an earlier section, the economy of this game is ruined. Despite it being a video game and not a reallife economy, it still acts in an identical fashion – without a gold sink, the economy would become ruined.

The ability to enchant items for gold has been a much needed goldsink, we have not had one this effective since worthwhile elixirs could be bought with gold – and for that, we are thankful.

However, there is still far too much gold in the economy for any new player to have a chance at buying gear. Unfortunately, the goldsink has failed to work. Bots are still able to run gold-farm maps for 48hours straight and accumulate 288million gold (6m an hour was easily doable with mediocre goldloot). It would still have been possible to bot the last event – even with the trivia – but, I am not going to reveal how it could have been done in a public post.

As Xyzther mentioned in the linked post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther
    Volta armor may then be at 20m. If you’re someone new to the game and you see that the Volta armor is at 20m, how could you possibly afford it? You could of course wait for a gold farming event, but people shouldn’t learn to rely on the gold farming events, as the purpose of them was to just add some gold back into the game and revive the economy. The economy is more than revived by now.

Cinco, if the economy is revived, why then, will we be more than likely to receive more gold-farming maps in the future? Sure, it might help new players, but as mentioned before, they are not advertised well enough for new players to even have a chance at earning gold.

Having maps that gain back more gold than the rate at which it is sunk is just increasing the gap between new and informed players – which I’m sure is the opposite of what was intended.

For example, an average run of a gold-farming map yielded you 300k. Currently the only way to “delete” (sink) that gold is through buying elixirs or rolling amulets. During an event where you reach gold-tier, that would mean one run lets you roll an amulet 300 times before that gold disappears out of the economy. I know few who would sit and roll 300times in a row – something more efficient is needed.

This was highlighted by Dudetus way back in 2013 (and others previously… I just cannot find the older (presumably deleted) threads.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudetus
    Yeah, there already are some elixirs for gold. But … the gold purchasable elixirs are so weak. Ofc the platinum bought elixirs should be stronger than gold bought, but like 2x 1/2 hour combo elixir for like 10k would be a very effective and constant gold sink. … But yet, again, the situation is just simply horrible economically in PL. We need all the possible Gold Sinks IMO as for now.
    The need for a goldsink now is much higher than it was 6years ago, due to the implementation of gold-events with little goldsinks. Perhaps something even more efficient is needed, such as the suggestion by Dudetus in the same thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudetus
    ’Buy this superyduperychest for 50k and u may receive something cool’. There could be scale able mediocre pinks (with mediocre meaning good, but not the best for the current lvl) and some superydupery exclusive vanities to look for. STR, DEX, INT and different vanity packs. I do not think that this system would be hard to implement to PL as it has always been there for DL and AL.
    These variations would only have to be recoloured variations of things already available – this has proved to have a market for years now. These packs would need to be available for gold from a vendor in Balefort so that way the gold isn’t just circulating to other players, but instead, disappearing from the economy – which is necessary if the economy is to survive into 2019.

iii. The Effect of Enchantments on PvP and PvE

PvE

Enchantments in PvE have been nothing but a positive. They have allowed people to receive higher re-roll%, damage and goldloot to name just a few. It has allowed PvE to be completed at a higher efficiency and has made many campaigns much easier to complete for the lesser experienced. Overall, I think we can all agree that enchantments are a positive for PvE and should stay.

PvP

In PvP, enchantments are an entirely different story. Firstly, I will cover twinking levels because that is where I am familiar. I have had others make comments on the endgame levels as they have infinitely more credibility than I do – these will be seen later on.

I have been twinking in PL since. very early 2011. I have seen the introduction of GCD, WF items, Halloween items, Forgotten items (who could forget?), the “great” nerfs, 3pc rings, but perhaps most importantly – the amulets. I have seen meta’s evolve and change in almost all levels outside of endgame.

As of right now, twink PvP is in the worst state it has ever been – far worse than the week forgotten items were introduced.

Currently, on a level35 mage, you are able to deal 600+ damage to a fully geared opponent. The example of mage is arbitrary, any class at this level can comfortably hit 600+ without more than one click.

Shown here are crit-drains and auto attacks. The image where I was critted for 668 also had a 303 auto-crit beforehand – I just suck at taking screenies. Excuse the blurriness, not sure what happened.
    There is no class in the game that can survive a crit drain and one auto at this point in time.

Though it has made PvP fairer for the weaker classes (bird, rhino) – just not in the right way. This current meta caters almost entirely to luck. Literally, the first person to crit one of their damage skills will win. I have seen veteran players lose to new players – something that never happened in years gone by. The only reason players shine in this meta is knowledge of range, however, it is a pale imitation of the knowledge that was needed in meta’s gone by. To make my point even more plain to see, I recorded three full FFA games at 35. For one game, I played without enchants versus a player with max enchants, and for the other game, I did half and half. I will link these below. At the start of both videos, I had the best obtainable gear – but played without enchantments or rings.

Game 1 (half without enchants, half with):

Game 2/3 (one without enchants, one with):

As you can see, I stood absolutely no chance versus an opponent with maxed out gear. Sure, the simple solution is to wear enchantments. But, that is not inclusive of new players and will completely deter anyone from playing PvP unless they have spent an exorbiant amount gambling or buying amulets for a price far more than they’re worth because of an inflated economy. I truly believe the only way to cater for everyone is to remove the enchantment system from PvP, or to make the stats they give scale to your level (suggested by Plqx and PLPR (at least to me)). By doing this, the meta at 35 will slowly adjust back to where it was before hand – still broken because of 3pc rings, but at least there won’t be enchantments. The step after that would be to revert every nerf made from 2013 onwards (at least in lower levels) – but we can only dream, or can we? *shifty eyes*

To put this even more bluntly: wearing an armor amulet at 35 is the equivalent of wearing 3 Shivering Frozen Yeti Leathers on top of whatever armor you’re using. Ridiculous. The state of PvP any lower is fine. It isn’t perfect, but it hasn’t been since 2013.

Another issue with low level pvp is a bear’s beckon stomp, and the smash combo. The extent of this problem is best explained by the video above, and by this conversation with Jun below:

PvP at 40-49 is the same as 35 – broken beyond repair unless enchantments are removed along with 3pc rings in low levels.

Once you reach Level 50, you are able to enchant weapons, armors and shields as well. You also have extra options such as extra HP. This has allowed dex mages to excel beyond belief, which I think is a positive. The obvious downside to this is again: the blatant gambling that is required to compete – completely barring any new player from ever competing. I just checked in game, here is an average L50 players stats compared to mine when enchanted (4pc Mega Mage Gemstone Wand Set (65% maxed)):

My stats are pictured in the middle. I wasn’t satisfied with the comparison between myself and a 51, so I found a bear in balefort that is 24 levels higher than me. We were both unbuffed (this is true because I only have a total of 4str from my ring, if I was buffed it would be 11.)
    The same can be said for levels 50-105: the player with the best enchantments will always be at an inherent advantage because of nothing more than a lucky gamble.

I really do think the stat bonuses on enchantments are blown out of proportion for lower twink levels. If they only added minimal stats, such as 2damage or 2armor (whilst in PvP,) it would make PvP far more inclusive of everyone, and not just the rich.

Short of enchantments being removed from PvP and removing 3pc rings, I do believe this is the best solution to creating a balanced meta in twink PvP.

As far as endgame goes, I know next to nothing. So instead of writing my own opinion on what to do, I am just going to quote things that people have sent me below. I hope this will shed some light on the current situation from the players point of view. The majority of these players have played endgame PvP for as long as I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Flacs
    Enchantments ruined pvp. Guy who owns very Op set can literally beat ANYONE. I know few mages with int sets for example which are super tanky (its like they wear str sets lol) , only cuz they have almost maxed chants. Regular player with Regular chants cant bring em down. Same goes for me, once i bought good bow and armor ive started killing most ppl which i couldnt kill with old bow and armor. Enchantments for sure make huge disbalance in this game, skill doesnt really matter if you have OP set..
    Amulets made the stats even more unnecessarily complicated and basically ruined the simplicity of twinking. I enjoyed twinking because there was a noticeable skill gap between players that knew ranges and how to use skills and those that didn’t.

Now with the current cap, end game is not even a factor because of the honor arena. Procs in pvp are absurd and the last time I fought mage vs mage it lasted like 5 mins. No thx. Nuking is not even a thing anymore. Honor is ok but just seems more complicated than it needs to be. Why is there a separate arena when all of pvp itself could be balanced?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz
    Me: “You still agree that you would like enchants removed entirely or be strictly PvE only?”
    Blitz: “Yes”
    Quote Originally Posted by Plqx
    Me: “Do you think that enchants need to be removed from PvP or be of a smaller benefit?”
    Plqx: “less of an advantage, some player do not have access to plat and are unable to even stand a chance, and if they ever do get access to plat, they’ve then gotta spend millions and at that point you’re not even guaranteed anything.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorifying
    Me: Do you believe enchantments have been a negative impact on endgame PvP, why or why not?
    Glorifying: Yes because it was more fair for every class with the same stats, just like honour sets. It’ll be much easier for people to get into pvp without having to spend a lot of cash on enchantments
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway
    Me: why have enchantments been a negative impct on endgame pvp?
    Dolloway: It's not good for the game. It doesnt teach people to get better like non enchanted pvp would, it just teaches people to get better enchanted gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    As requested (let me know if you need anything else):

I believe enchantments, while undoubtedly benefiting STS, have been a negative influence on endgame PvP for a couple reasons.

To begin with, anything that impedes the growth of PvP activity is detrimental to the already small community. When players feel obligated to compete with other heavy plat spenders to roll the best possible stats on each of their items, a clear reluctance to participate in PvP endures. It would be an utterly different situation if the rolls for stats did not revolve around luck as much (as many have suggested, simply being able to 'lock' in stats would certainly be a step towards higher player satisfaction). Cinco knows very well that the odds are extremely against the player to roll top-notch stats, and that generates revenue from heavy plat spenders.

Cinco did come up with a clever solution: The Arena of Honor. And while I was convinced that this would have been the solution to the issue, it didn't do so great a job. It seems that players prefer to earn their equipment from PvE, then use directly in PvP maps. There's something about having two modes of PvP that evidently 'splits' the PvP community in two. Particularly during its adolescent stages, I tried encouraging more players to experience the Arena of Honor. However, many players demonstrated an affinity for boasting their newly obtained gear in the regular PvP maps (there is some psychological phenomenon about using the fresh, colorful new gear as opposed to the 'newbie' looking gear). Either way, the 'split' in PvPers has contributed to a perpetual mentality of: "Dang, looks like there aren't that many people online PvPing. Guess I'm gonna log off now."

It's ultimately a question of balancing the integrity of the game and the little extra revenue generated from said plat spenders through enchantments.

Perhaps the other consequence of enchantments is the inevitable toxicity. Of course this does not pertain to every individual, but for the handful of immature players, it becomes an easy scapegoat if they lose a fight. And, sure, there's a mute button – there will always be toxicity in some way, shape, or form. Though, at the same time, I can never help but wonder whether or not my stats are really giving others that type of leverage needed to outperform me – and it's a rather frustrating thing to constantly think about because I have always been one of the many competitive PvPers for years. The worst part of it all (which is not a fault of the enchantments) is that PvP airs on the side of 1v1 rather than FFA. Hence, enchantments become more apparent and 'noticeable' in 1v1 situations (obviously, if everyone FFAed more this wouldn't be an issue). But the reality is that PvPers gravitate to 1v1s, and so enchantments do not exactly align with the community's preferred PvP style.

The culmination of all of the factors above have led to a decline in the endgame PvP community. Of course I wish that enchantments weren't a part of the game. I also wish the Arena of Honor did a better job encouraging players to PvP. But that's simply not the case.

I haven't given much thought as to what might 'save' the PvP community. It will always endure, partly because there are players who would never give up the years they've invested in the game, but it could be so much better.

I believe the way PvP can be monetized, rather than through enchantments, is for a reward system. Like I said, I haven't given much thought to it, but players would enjoy earning vanity-type rewards on a consistent basis (not specifically through events). Some rewards in PvP can be earned free-to-play while others require spending plat – I'm sure others can come up with something more clever, but PvP rewards have the potential to revitalize the PvP community, enticing players to work together in dungeons to obtain new gear and then bringing it to the arena.

I could keep writing, but I'll stop here. Like I said, I suspect there won't be any changes to the enchantment system, but I do believe that if Cinco was really open to some new suggestions, there could be a lot of positive change.

iv. Increase in the Gap Between Rich & Poor

Giving the ability for informed players to get upward of 350% of the gold loot per run compared to a new player is ridiculous. Sure, it’s a nice feature for players who know how to play the game, turning once an hour’s worth of effort into merely 21minutes. However, as mentioned before, the addition of this has inflated the economy beyond belief and has led the price of any item in the CS being almost unobtainable for a new player. There are a couple easy solutions to this:

1. Add an explanation section into the tutorial that explains all the niche mechanics of the game.
    - This allows new players to know what they need to do if they want to stick to this game. A lot of excellent guides for this have been written on the forums. Perhaps, the tutorial could simply suggest that a new player goes and makes an account?

2. As suggested by Timelife: “After completing the more extensive tutorial, give new players advancement packs, like seen in AL (that are account bound so they cannot be sold for profit by bots).”
    - This feature already exists in Arcane Legends (seen below) – why cant it be implemented here? I know for a fact it didn’t originally exist in Arcane Legends. Why is Pocket Legends any different?
    - The items that these chests give could simply be enough to run maps solo while still requiring decent knowledge of mechanics (eg, no 2k armor in forest haven)
    - An image of an example advancement pack is shown below:

I was only Level 3 in this photo, but I have gone higher before. Every 5 levels you receive a new chest with pink items that do enough damage to compete with dropped equipment. The pro to this is that it is free of cost because of an inflated economy.

As long as these items are not good enough to compete in PvP, and are account bound I do not see anybody having an issue with this proposal.

Another thing this would achieve is giving new players the ability to see what an amulet is, and how it works so that way when they reach endgame, they can enchant without being confused.

To be honest, I think both of these solutions should be implemented.

v. Conclusion

Enchantments have no doubt been a benefit to the PvE component in this game. However, they have in no way increased the skill required to play PvP and nor have they helped balance things out. Instead, they have merely blown stats further out of proportion than they already were at the introduction of 3pc rings to all levels – ruining any chance there will ever be for balance in its current state.

To fix this issue, all that needs to be done is follow the suggestions by the players above. Either remove them from PvP completely, or make it so that the benefit they add is smaller. This will lessens the gap between the lucky ones and the ones who cant afford enchantments.

The Impact of Botting

i. Increase in Gap Between the Rich and Poor

Botting is the process of creating a macro to do a repetitive process automatically. One such repetitive process is farming. In an MMORPG, farming is the process of running a map over and over until you receive a desirable item or enough gold for whatever purpose you want. Until Farmin’ Legends is released, this is likely to stay the same.

The reason why this is an issue in PL is that there are many desirable maps to run automatically such as:
    ERD Slayer for starries, and gold farming maps for a LOT of gold.

Even as I type this, there is currently a player botting ERD for starries, and has been doing so for a long time.

During Gold Events, it was not uncommon for people to bot the maps, much like the player seen here. (thanks to Walie for recording for us).

Due to that, there were countermeasures added to prevent bots such as the trivia. Though I believe this was an effective countermeasure, as I’ve said a couple of times: it was still exploitable, just no one figured out how.

Currently, bots are able to make 6m an hour and play for 48hours straight, meaning they earn 288m without even having a user doing anything. So far, this has done nothing but inflate the economy, it’s appalling that nothing has been done about it yet.

There are many good countermeasures on forums that have been suggested.

The best one made by a player, Draebatad, was to simply enter a randomised 2digit code upon hosting a gold-farming map. This would stop bots from gold farming entirely. His suggestion can be found in more detail here

Another one suggested by DivineMoustache (Fight), was to:
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineMoustache
    randomly spawn the event portal around the circumference of a circle. That way, it always takes the same time to reach but will be in a different spot so the bots cannot enter it.
    Likewise, this helps stop the botting of gold events, but doesn’t do much to stop people botting Plasma or Shadow Cave V. I don’t know what could be done about those things, but I’m sure there is something.

On top of this, it really ruins the experience for others. When players bot and have access to almost billions of gold, the economy will forever be broken and it means that no legitimate player will ever be able to compete if something is not done.

I don’t think it is ever going to be possible to remove bots (machine-learning). However, it can definitely be made harder for them to ever work. I think with the implementation of suggestions from the community on how to stop botting, the game will be a lot better off.

ii. Setting a Standard for Others to Follow

I think this one is pretty self-explanatory, but it really shines a light on some of the current community. By not banning people who use bots you are implying that it is okay to bot because no one has been punished yet.

I have seen players say things like “it’s okay to bot, I haven’t been banned yet,” and yet, nothing has been fixed, they are still active. Shocking.

Think about Archeage, it was set to be one of the best MMO’s released to the public, the beta already had people raving about it. At launch, bots were used and the developers did nothing about it, causing the game to die soon after release. I really do not want that happening here, and by not banning bots, a standard to follow has been set.

The solution to this is simple: ban people who bot - but only the ones you can prove were legitimately botting, not just playing for a few hours straight.

iii. Conclusion

Botting is a deterrent for anyone trying to take the game seriously. I think if you want the economy to survive into 2019 (which is important for any MMO,) something serious needs to be done about bots. Everything else has been explained already in previous sections and I don’t know what else to add here without repeating myself more.
    Last edited by burntoutdex; 01-22-2019 at 08:58 PM.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to burntoutdex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Lacklustre Tutorial

To successfully capture the interest of a new player, the tutorial needs to encompass all aspects of the current game – not just the old ones. I understand that the last time the tutorial was updated, a client update was needed. To avoid this, perhaps, the tutorial could simply direct new players to the guides (written by the respective users) on forums for using the CS, farming (for farming use the CS one or this) and class roles. Also, an excellent place to direct new players is to this guide compendium by Redbridge – seriously, I spent hours poring over this when I first started.

Another part of the game that is almost a necessity nowadays is daily blessings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunflwershine
    The quest line does encourage you to collect your daily blessings from the Elf Queen, which guarantees you a combination blessing. Which gives you a better percentage to loot a pink (legendary).
    The problem with the questline is that im sure many players would skip this quest and just run further up to kill mobs. By putting it in the tutorial it will allow players to know that blessing exist and hopefully that they are worth using. I fully suggest moving the NPC pictured below into the tutorial, so that players know what to do before they start their adventure.

Perhaps a good way to cover all this information is to send players to forest haven towne immediately after finishing the tutorial. After this, they would be directed to the towne crier, who would link them to the respective guides. All credit to Dolloway for the idea about the towne crier, he was the one who told me about it. Perhaps it could look like this? The guide to enchantments by Sunflwrshine can be found here.

The CS is essential for making money in this game, and also gearing yourself for the dungeons to come. However, as a new player, first opening the CS might be really confusing. I know when I first used it, I always thought each bird would have a different selection of items because I was never told it would be any different. The tutorial definitely needs to describe how the CS works, and it would be far better if this was done in game than out of game via forums.

Another thing that needs to be explained is: where you go after you finish the tutorial. New players need to be told that the magic portal will always lead them to the next quest they haven’t completed if they have any active – I have met veteran players that do not know this.

Though it isn’t directly related to the tutorial… upon reaching 77, there needs to be a prompt about where you go. I know I was completely lost for a few days because I didn’t understand how the new maps worked.

Though these are solutions that don’t involve revamping the tutorial, it will still leave many players totally lost. The only way to fully ensure that a new player won’t be confused is to extend the tutorial length to level 4 so that there can be a section where the player is guided through listing some arbitrary item on the CS.

The tutorial needs a revamp at some point – the sooner the better – even returning players who have played since early 2010 are still struggling to understand the various niches that the game now possesses. Imagine what a new player would feel like.
    The hardest thing when you start off on a game is information overload. Learning how to navigate the game and completing simple tasks is all new.
    This is entirely true, I don’t think any new player would completely understand how this game works without an extended tutorial.

Player suggestions that I don’t know where to put:

Reverse CS

This has been suggested by many, and is quickly explained by the player Snacking in the forums somewhere:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snacking
    Hear me out
    What if a reverse cs was added to the game?
    Instead of listing your items for the price you want to SELL them for in the regular cs, you can list the price you want to BUY items for in the reverse cs. Players can go in, click on the price someone has offered for the desired item that they have, press sell, then confirm.
    I know what you’re thinking, well what if they list that they’re buying something for 10m then spend 2m on something else? Are they just 2m in debt?
    No
    To successfully list the item you are buying, you must deposit GOLD into the reverse cs until someone claims the gold in exchange for their item.

Hopefully everyone understands the concept I’m getting at. I feel like this addition would be game changing.
    Like and Dislike Button for Toxic Players

I’m certain this has been mentioned in the past and will probably never be added. However, it would be a good way to monitor foul language that is said on occasion – perhaps it deserves some more thought by the devs?

Extra Thoughts From Players

This autolevelling option will be a welcome addition to the game, using the premium currency platinum.

Requirements will be that you must have at least capped one character to maximum level before this option is available.”

I think for this to be of any use, it must cost more platinum than doing it the long way ie. Levelling). The figure of plat cost is known only by devs, so it should be researched before it is put in without thought.

One option can be free plat offers. The player must reach a certain level before they receive the free plat. This can encourage new players to continue to play the game after their offer is complete.
    This feature already exists in Arcane Legends: Pay 500 platinum to reach the highest level. This could potentially bring in a lot of revenue for players that are too lazy to level. However, it must be more expensive to level this way than it is to do it the conventional way. Perhaps the devs could work out the average plat spent from L1-105 and then produce a suitable pricetag based off of this?

Some things to keep in mind for the new cap from Walie:
    Quote Originally Posted by Walie
    1) Create more competition in the endgame items market to drive the price down. Example: Increase the drop rate of the obscenely expensive droppable items to better saturate the market and create more competition to sell (drives down the price). Important: Preferably do this slowly so everyone doesn't get rich beyond belief.

2) Make the event rewards be item farmable, not gold farmable. Note: Don't make the zone farmable items better than the existing endgame sets. Maybe have higher drop chance FOR the existing endgame items in these zones.
    That's my 2 cents
    Suggested by Ptsx, Sunflwershine and Wreckor: an option to turn off the elixir button near the joystick in case of accidental clicks.

Suggested by Quality and myself:
    Replace the bird skill meditation with one called ferocity and make it give +30dmg, 10crit at L6.
    L1 5dmg
    L2 10dmg 2crit
    L3 15dmg 4crit
    L4 20dmg 6crit
    L5 25dmg 8crit
    L6 30dmg 10crit

Too Long; Didn't Read

This is extremely summarised and brief. If any suggestions are going to be listened to then please ignore this entire section as it does not cover anything in nearly enough detail.

1. Lack of Ways for New Players to Obtain Wealth

Make quests give 1k gold per completion along with potions to help sustain a new players ability to play the game. Teach players how to farm in the tutorial

The gold inflation will increase over time - a gold sink is needed.

Advertise events better in ways mentioned inside the thread so that new players are able to play and earn gold at the same rate as everyone else.

Fix the autoleveller so that it distributes skills and stat points effectively by taking suggestions from inside the thread.

2. Little to no advertisement of the Game in the App Store and Playstore

By increasing the games App Store presence it will enable more people to find and enjoy these games which creates more revenue for your company.

3. Gambling.. Oops, I Mean Enchantments

Rolling for enchantments is literally gambling, something needs to change to make it fairer. Suggestions that have been made include locking slots or being able to roll one at a time, there is more detailed in the thread.

Though it has created a goldsink there still needs to be a more effective one as 1k rolls is little when you can earn 300k in one run.

Remove enchantments from PvP entirely and make them PvE only along with making 3pc rings either L76+ or have no use in PvP whatsoever.

Not all players have goldloot enchantments and this only furthers the gap between the rich and poor creating a very difficult economy to deal with as a new player. Suggestions to help fix this are detailed in the thread.

The Impact of Botting

Something needs to be done about botting... urgently. Solutions to help stop bots from entering gold farming maps are suggested inside the thread and in numerous places across the forums - they should be considered and implemented.

Lacklustre Tutorial

The tutorial fails to cover any of the new mechanics that have been implemented since the last tutorial revamp. This obviously needs to be fixed and a solution for it is detailed in the post.

Closing Remarks

What started off as a conversation in towne with a friend quickly turned into a full-blown project that I have spent many hours working on. I have lurked the forums for this game since early 2011, I have seen countless feedback threads and read almost every thread in both the PvP and general discussion. The threads I have seen that draw a response from the developers tend to be the ones that are inclusive of as much of the community as possible – I have tried my very best to include as many guilds and players as I could, whether that be through contact on discord, in game, or simply referring everyone to their excellent threads.

This project would not have been possible without the help, criticism, threads, and suggestions from all of the players denoted below:

Kixxler, Ruby, Commons, Sunflwrshine, Mage, Timelife, Ghost, Xyzther, Plqx, PLPR, IiRose, Jun, Dolloway, Bvdlight, Blitz, Quality, Mazzikein, Searicak, Fne, Vvinter, Guzan, Flacs, Allhail, Ptsx, Ellyidol, Mr Wallace, Eleanor, Apraxhen, Physiologic, Rot, Walie, Mendozza, Zapoke, Yobers, Opest, Purppaw, Royce, Shelby, WhoIsThis, Jen, Hook, Dudetus, Otukura, Hopeugotit, Communion, Wucker, Fleshdrill, The Happiness, The Sadness, Quackups, Lawrence, DivineMoustache (Fight), Pharcyde, Vvarlocks, Duke, Whirlzap, Griffinfan, Ptsx, Aaav, Endofmen, xvanitykingx, communion, Draebatad, DrCombo, Idesolate. Eversmiles, Glorifying, Cxxm, Xrax, Jocelynflores, Wreckor

The guild composition of this player-list is very diverse, going from top end PvE guilds through to prestigious low level PvP guilds, and everything in between. Here is the list of guilds of the various players I have spoken or referred to in creation of this guide:

<The Community Guild> <Revive> <Eclipse> <Lore> <Bounty> <Paradigm> <The Dream Team>
    <Fundamentals> <Unity> <Revelation> <Apex> <Amity> <Restoration> <Wutang Clan>
    <The Dissidents of Go> <Quantum> <Daisy> <Artplay> <Trade> <Infinitum> <A E O> <Copycat> <Reborn>
    Last edited by burntoutdex; 01-25-2019 at 01:02 AM.

4. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to burntoutdex For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

10-0. Madcuzbad?

Sent from my Moto C using Tapatalk

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

This is an awesome thread, Cam. I look forward to reading it in it's entirety when I have more time. The community appreciates your devotion and passion

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Really nice thread.

Gesendet von meinem LDN-L21 mit Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to xzLegendszx For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Amazing thread. Really needed to be said, I only pray cinco listens

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Snacking For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snacking View Post
    Amazing thread. Really needed to be said, I only pray cinco listens
    Yea true or else it is just a waste of time sadly...

Gesendet von meinem LDN-L21 mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Cinco would you mind reading this thread?

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I wrote a little bit about enchantments, and thought I'd share one more thing:

Gameloft's Order and Chaos does a really cool thing with enchantments – players can farm 'gems' in dungeons that boost their stats. Enchantments/gems are also tradable and can be bought in their CS. Imagine the spur of activity in PvE if players could 'farm' and therefore trade tangible enchantments.

Players are always asking for something to farm for – enchantments would certainly be a cool thing to obtain through dungeons rather than just re-rolling (or, just have both options available)! Players might actually spend plat on elixirs for farming enchantments, AND it would eliminate the complaint that the system is too luck-based. This of course could be a potential solution if Cinco and others at STS refuse to give up their enchantment system.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

thank you for this thread and taking time out to write it. it is much needed. we should not be focusing on new caps, but instead we should be focusing on new players, fixing major problems. then i would love to see new caps and events.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoplons For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I wrote a little bit about enchantments, and thought I'd share one more thing:

Gameloft's Order and Chaos does a really cool thing with enchantments – players can farm 'gems' in dungeons that boost their stats. Enchantments/gems are also tradable and can be bought in their CS. Imagine the spur of activity in PvE if players could 'farm' and therefore trade tangible enchantments.

Players are always asking for something to farm for – enchantments would certainly be a cool thing to obtain through dungeons rather than just re-rolling (or, just have both options available)! Players might actually spend plat on elixirs for farming enchantments, AND it would eliminate the complaint that the system is too luck-based. This of course could be a potential solution if Cinco and others at STS refuse to give up their enchantment system.
    Agreed.

Something suggested before was to have the ability to farm amulets in regular campaigns that already had stats rolled. The better enchants would be rarer to increase farming activity across the board. I really think it should be considered because as of right now PvE is empty and that makes it difficult for a lot of players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Great thread cam. I hope all players not just devs but anybody that clicks on this thread takes the time to read through it and realize change needs to happen right now.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to plpr For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

This is an exact outline of changes that need to happen if PL is expected to survive and grow in 2019 and beyond.

PLEASE GIVE THIS THREAD A READ AND IMPLEMENT OUR WANTS AND NEEDS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

I have to disagree with the economy bit. Yes of course the gap between rich and poor is ever-expanding (which happens a lot with games almost a decade old) and obviously it's an issue but that isn't to say the gold that the poor peeps have isn't affected by inflation. I see low lvls running around with vanities and such that cost at least 100-300k so the fact that they have like NO money is a little blown out of proportion.

Honestly if enchantments were gold-only (with no platinum cost at all) then I feel like that would open enchantments up to the collection of free-to-play players so gold can then circulate out of the economy.

This is an excellent thread so I do suggest you tack on a tl;dr at the end because the likelihood of Cinco reading all of this is slim.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

A well thought out thread to give STS honest and current feedback on what we feel are issues on our beloved game Pocket Legends.

I understand this was months in the making and you consulted a vast majority of our PL community for their opinions on these important issues our game is facing.

I do hope this gives a voice to what players want improved on the game, and STS do consider and make real necessary changes to improve the activity on the game.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buchmeister View Post
    I have to disagree with the economy bit. Yes of course the gap between rich and poor is ever-expanding (which happens a lot with games almost a decade old) and obviously it's an issue but that isn't to say the gold that the poor peeps have isn't affected by inflation. I see low lvls running around with vanities and such that cost at least 100-300k so the fact that they have like NO money is a little blown out of proportion.

Honestly if enchantments were gold-only (with no platinum cost at all) then I feel like that would open enchantments up to the collection of free-to-play players so gold can then circulate out of the economy.

This is an excellent thread so I do suggest you tack on a tl;dr at the end because the likelihood of Cinco reading all of this is slim.
    Perhaps this is true and i may be mistaken. However, i have always been under the impression that new players have little to no gold at all in comparison the the experienced playerbase. By simply looking in places like Balefort, Alien Oasis and Forest Haven it is plain to see the gap in wealth between players, though, perhaps it is not as bad as it appears to me.

Gold only enchantments are a good idea but they yield no benefit for StS other than gicing us a goldsink i.e. no revenue is to be made for them.

I added a very brief tl;dr, thanks
    Last edited by burntoutdex; 01-22-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I realized you said take gold farms out of the game. I completely disagree. Instead of waiting for an event. Make gold runs cost plat. Ex: Bronze (2 plat) silver (5 plat) gold (10 plat). and after each run you have to wait 15-30 minutes before you can do another run. (This ban goes throughout all your alts) this can let new players make some gold and a head start on merching.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burntoutdex View Post
    Gold only enchantments are a good idea but they yield no benefit for StS other than gicing us a goldsink i.e. no revenue is to be made for them.
    Well true, but my main point is that there should be some way for players to spend only gold on gameplay elements outside of recipe costs so gold can circulate out of the economy to patch up inflation a wee bit.

Perhaps a new vanity dye system hmmm?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buchmeister View Post
    Well true, but my main point is that there should be some way for players to spend only gold on gameplay elements outside of recipe costs so gold can circulate out of the economy to patch up inflation a wee bit.

Perhaps a new vanity dye system hmmm?
    Yeah, purchasable vanity or recolour packs for gold is a good idea. who knows, maybe we'll see those in the next cap

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I think enchantments just need a nerf. Removing enchantments entirely is not a good idea. Doing that would take away too much from current players that do have good enchants. In my eyes, the reasonable thing to do is nerf it pretty hard. Enough so that it’s useful enough to maintain its value, but not game breakingly useful.