Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The State of Pocket Legends in 2019

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Calzone View Post
    This thread is such a true reflection of how the current PL community feels.. kudos on the effort required to put this together.
    I actually tried to introduce the game to a few friends who quickly got discouraged by the income (and therefore gear) disparity between the new and old players and lack of tutorials. They gave up after 15mins.
    Pretty much. The disparaty in gold making ability is quite large because of a lack of tutelage in the early game (where it should be most important..to keep new players around).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Lack of ways for new players to obtain wealth

i. inability to obtain sufficient gear to play solo (regardless of player skill)

The point you made about being able to clear maps up until players hit the tombs is quite true, with the exception of perhaps Sandstones Caves which I've found is slightly harder than other maps around the level 18-25 range due to mob abilities, sandstorms that follow you, and quicksand spots that can kill you in one shot at this level.

Regardless, players can choose to level in Fathom Crypts over the Sandstone Caves, so this isn't as much of a bump in the road as Alien Oasis 2 Tombs are to players who reach them.

The aliens attack for an exceptional amount of damage and the Djinns have far too much health. I remember trying to solo these Djinns a while back in normal gear without elixirs or a pet and I would literally have to run in circles around the map for often several minutes until each Djinn would fall due to its significant health pool. The mobs could certainly be toned down to make it easier for newer players and less fortunate players who don't own a pet.

To add to this, I think the big Lava monsters in Blacksmoke have far too much health and some have a ranged attack that lowers the player's health and mana pool, meaning players will have to waste even more potions in order to survive these mobs. There are other examples as well - the big Golem monsters in the Ancient Caverns have far too much health and players will often get sprayed by the barrage of quick attacks from mobs that also drain health and mana regen.

As we venture into the future of this game, we need to make the path to endgame easier for players leveling up. While pets have made the path easier for the wealthy, they have not solved the issue for newer players and those who do not possess enough gold to purchase a pet (Dev Dragon, Tinsel, etc.). Furthermore, Cinco should examine whether it would be a smart move to decrease the xp required to level up for lower levels as we drift towards the level 110 cap, particularly for the higher levels where the xp required to level up to the next level starts to creep higher and higher (70/80...85-105?). Over time, it should become easier to level up once that level cap has passed us and a new one is introduced.

The suggestion you made about quests offering more gold is a valuable one. Personally, I would make it so that the quests give 3000 gold per quest completed. It is difficult to bot quests over and over again and I don't think this would be abused by the community; rather, I think this would very much help newer players obtain the necessary gear needed to complete maps and campaigns.

In addition to this, I would also like to suggest that perhaps quests could offer better rewards for players who complete them. As of right now, there are valuable rewards given to players for completing certain quests (I.e. Cyber, Black Ice, etc.), however, these are few and far between. It would be truly awesome if Cinco could add some better quest rewards to Forest Haven-Ancient Caverns maps. As of right now, the quests seem very much outdated and the rewards feel obsolete compared to the more helpful gear that players may obtain through other means. For example, if Cinco added a new quest or overwrote a pre existing quest to Forest Haven and made it so completing the quest rewards a level 5 item of your choosing (level 5 purple Forgotten Bow, Forgotten Staff or Forgotten Blade), this would help new players out so much in the beginning stages of the game against mobs up to level 20. Another example of a quest reward Cinco could possibly add is a recolored level 66 Angel set (we can make it level 68 if you'd like to make the two differentiate, similar to how Green Ice is level 32 while regular Ice gear is level 30) that can be obtained through completing quests in Humania.

I would also opt to increase the base amount of potions that a player can carry from 25 to 100. Purchasing potions isn't a viable gold sink in this game any longer and there are many other better sinks available (enchantments, event vendors, etc.). I personally wouldn't mind seeing the minimum holding cap increased from 25 to 100, as well as potions regenerating at a faster rate as a reward for killing mobs. I think such a small change like this could go a long way in helping out newer players survive in maps, especially if the 'Auto-Use Health Potions' option is on. As Burningdex stated, in addition to completing a quest, the quest should automatically give a player 25 health and/or mana potions (maybe one of your choice?). I must emphasize that newer players use health and mana potions as if they're candy... They're gone in a flash.

ii. gold inflation over time

With the recent implementation of Qtr/Stat Guns, and Stat Pets, PvP over L50 has all but died out. These weapons add such insane stats compared to campaign weapons, that there isn’t really any use for the other items. These weapons, as of right now, are only obtainable for platinum inside events. The “cheapest” you can buy a Qtr for is 500Platinum. If you take the value of 1platinum, at the best possible price (eg buying 2k at a time), 500Platinum equates to $25USD. However, this is unrealistic, as I believe most people buying qtr’s buy Platinum 800 at a time, meaning the value of 500platnium is $36USD.

In the recent event, a new stat pet was added, Tinsel. This pet was available for 400platinum, meaning it has a monetary value of $20 USD if buying platinum 2k a time. This is probably the item in the highest demand at the moment due to its speed and superior stats. It’s worth 25-30million gold – a figure almost unobtainable to new players due to the lack of gold given by quest rewards. This really extends the gap between rich and poor, as newer players will struggle to ever acquire wealth in an economy where everything is overpriced.

The supply for these event items will never be as steadily available as an item that can be farmed, as they are discontinued. The problem with this is that Qtr Weapons and Tinsel’s are in such high demand due to their usefulness in PvP and PvE, that their prices have skyrocketed to anywhere over 10million gold.

Their introduction has also killed off PvP at levels over 50 as no other gear is needed. This in turn, means that no one farms the relevant campaigns for once desirable gear. This means most new players have an inability to obtain gear for their level as nobody farms the maps and auctions off trash drops for cheap. Meaning the supply for items is decreasing continually, whilst the demand will always be increasing as long as players are levelling up – increasing the price per item.
    Burningdex is spot on right here. Simply put, no other weapon can compete with the Quarter Stat weapon in both PVP and PVE. Coupled with enchantments, the introduction of level 50 Quarter Stat weapons has caused level 50-80 PVP to die out.

In my opinion, the best option to combat this current dilemma is to heavily nerf Quarter Stat weapons in PVP, similarly to how level 100 Pure Stat Weapons were nerfed in PVP. By doing so, regular gear such as level 50 Shadow Weapons (with wand, shotgun, or Axe) will actually be useful again in level 50 PVP other than just the helms and armors that players wear while equipping a Quarter Stat item. If the Quarter Stat weapon is heavily nerfed in PVP, we may very well see a resurgence of level 50-76 PVP where the campaigns' sets (AO3 all the way until Blacksmoke Mountain) can flourish in PVP once again without being totally outclassed by Quarter Stats. On the flip side, Quarter Stats would still be amazing in PVE, which is their primary use right now anyway considering there's almost 100% inactivity in PVP for levels 50-99.

Once Quarter Stats are nerfed, level 50-76 campaign weapons and shields will be sought after again and will be valuable in the market once more; thus, there will be more gear farmed... But how much is uncertain, as this solution is only one to a problem that requires several solutions to truly resolve its problem.

iii. event's and their little advertisement in-game

Events should definitely be advertised better in-game. As it currently stands, the only advertisement in-game that happens is a little note in the update banner box. Other than this, you have to go out of your way to find out details about upcoming events on the game. If you're not a forumer... Well, you're going to have a significantly difficult time trying to find out about the next event or content update. While there are Discord channels that help players out, keep in mind that not everyone knows about these channels or is a forumer and can come to realize these channels exist to help out players.

The forums are very inactive currently and I can't think of a more inactive period of time in PL's forum history than in 2015 when developers stated that they would no longer be updating the game. Clearly, something needs to be done.

In the case of advertisement, there are multiple ways to inform players that only casually play the game or are not forum/Discord regulars. Firstly, Cinco can make a box pop-up on the game when you login to the app, similarly to how the game automatically advertises STS' other games available for download. For example, the pop up box can say something like "Valentine's Day Event Coming! Click HERE to find out more!" with hearts to make the message decorative. Upon clicking the pop up box, this would prompt the user's browser to open up the Announcement thread where Cinco posts details about the upcoming event. This would potentially attract new voices to the forums since the game desperately needs an active forum community again in these quiet times.

In addition to this, the Towne Crier can be utilized in an effective way again to get messages about events across to all players. Perhaps when joining a town after an update preparing for an event or a notable content update, a message can pop up on one's screen and state "Talk to the Towne Crier to learn more about Friday's upcoming event!" or something in that fashion.

iv. Autolevelling

I don't have much more to contribute to the auto-levelling discussion other than what Burningdex posted in this thread. However, I do want to take a moment to comment on two things; first, I want to take note of the fact that by level 9, archers automatically receive two points into the skill Avian Scream if they have auto leveling on, when those skill points would best be used on skills like blast, root, or focus. It doesn't make too much sense to encourage low level archers to get close enough/on top of their enemy in order to hit avian scream. As Burningdex stated multiple times, low level players often run out of health potions quite quickly and the best tactic a low level archer can use to combat mobs is kiting, rather than getting up close and sacrificing a chunk of health just to hit an avian scream when that damage could come from a blast shot instead.

In addition to this, I believe that Avian Scream un-root/un-freeze scaling goes by 20% each level up to level 5. This means that at level 1, an archer would have 20% chance to un-root themselves, 40% at level 2, etc. From my understanding, this un-root/un-freeze ability wouldn't be necessary/helpful to archers until they reach Lost Expedition maps in the mid level 20's and have to unfreeze themselves from the constant Yeti attacks. Therefore, I see no purpose in having the auto-levelling system give archers Avian Scream at such a low level, let alone put two points into the skill. It seems as if the system doesn't distribute points on the basis of their usefulness, but rather if a new skill is unlocked, the system automatically distributes a point into it to alert the player that they have unlocked that skill, even though that skill may be of little to no use to them at their current level.

Now that that's out of the way, I'd like to focus on the skill Meditation, perhaps the most useless skill in the game... And Divine Aura, which barely fails to pass Meditation as the worst skill in the game, but only because Meditation has a self armor-debuff when cast, while Divine Aura does not.

As we can see based on the auto levelling screenshot shown by Burn, archers receive one point in Meditation by the time they reach level 9 - this is one point too many. In fact, there's a rock solid argument for never using Meditation at all in this game, even if you're a level 105 archer.

If you take a look at the picture above, you can see right off the bat that level one Meditation self-debuffs an archer's armor by -2. At such a low level where the archer only has roughly 5-7 armor, a cut of -2 is huge and is equivalent to a drop of 22-40% of the archer's total armor.

In addition to this, it costs 10 mana to cast level 1 Meditation and will result in a gain of 26 mana (3 seconds of +12... 36.. Minus the initial cost of 10). This is simply not enough to cast Thorn Wall, which costs 30 mana. Ideally, a mana-regeneration skill would regenerate enough mana to cast at least one skill, no matter the cost.

While Rhino's Divine Aura does not have a self-debuff, it costs 10 mana to cast level 1 Divine Aura, which results in a gain of 14 mana (3 seconds of +8... 24.. Minus the initial cost of 10). This is even worse than Meditation and the gain of 14 is not enough to cast any Rhino skill (excluding mana-free skills, of course), even Summon which costs only 15 mana.

In sum: Meditation (the worst skill in the game) and Divine Aura (the second worst skill) have almost zero practical use in both PVP and PVE. The costs of using either skill far outweigh any gains you could possibly make by casting the skill, especially in the case of Meditation's self-debuff.

So I'd like to propose changes to these two skills. Firstly, if the goal is to provide archers a skill that results in a gain of some stat and a loss of another stat, perhaps Meditation should work as followed:

Casting Meditation would result in the same mana regen growth as it currently has, while in addition buffing an archer's skills by 30 damage/10 crit. To compensate for this, the archer would also lose -10 armor while casting the skill. This would obviously be a high risk, high reward skill that archers could utilize, especially in low level PVP <30 where archers struggle to kill enemies because they simply do not have enough damage to compete. Cinco could scale the levels up to 30 dmg/10 crit, -10 armor if he so desires. Meditation: Focuses on building up reserves of damage left in the tank, while letting one's guard down (armor).

Suggested by Quality and myself:
    Replace the bird skill meditation with one called ferocity and make it give +30dmg, 10crit at L6.
    L1 5dmg
    L2 10dmg 2crit
    L3 15dmg 4crit
    L4 20dmg 6crit
    L5 25dmg 8crit
    L6 30dmg 10crit
    I do not think there needs to be a new skill made - we can just use the existing one (Meditation). While I do partially agree with Quality and Burningdex, I also believe the skill needs a risk component as well to make it balanced (a self armor debuff, as the skill was intended when originally created).

L1 5dmg 1 crit, -1 armor
    L2 10dmg 2crit, -2 armor
    L3 15dmg 4crit, -4 armor
    L4 20dmg 6crit, -6 armor
    L5 25dmg 8crit, -8 armor
    L6 30dmg 10crit, -10 armor

Level 7-9 could be scaled as follows:
    L7: 35 dmg, 12 crit, -12 armor
    L8: 40 dmg, 14 crit, -14 armor
    L9: 45 dmg, 16 crit, -20 armor

The highest level offers the highest risk/reward element in the game with a self-debuff of -20 armor as compared to the -14 at level 8.

The same could apply to rhinos' Divine Aura as well, who tend to struggle in low level PVP, even above level 30. Both changes would be greatly more useful in both PVP and PVE for both classes and could go a long way in making rhinos and archers viable in low level PVP once more.

Alternatively, class-specific amulets could be added to lower levels that will help birds and rhinos out tremendously by buffing similar stats as I've written in this post. However, my point still stands that Meditation (and Divine Aura) as a skill would still be practically useless and have no place in this game.

Little to no advertisement of the Game in the App Store and Playstore

I'm not knowledgable or experienced at all when it comes to advertisement and the App/Playstore. I don't know how it works beyond the simple details stated in this thread.

However, I have ideas (though some are admittedly long shot) on how we as a community can restore the Pocket Legends player base.

I know one very common advice from the developers is for us to 'tell our friends, tell our family' to install PL and play it; a word-of-mouth form of advertisement. However, I don't think this is enough - there are only so many people we can tell, and pitching a game that has been out for nearly nine years isn't exactly easy when the kids these days are into the next big thing like Fortnite, Apex Legends, Brawl Stars, SSBU, etc.

Pocket Legends as it currently stands is just simply not a stream-friendly game. There's nothing too exciting to stream, whereas games like Fortnite or the newest game Apex Legends always have fast-paced action, insane shots, a landscape that is always changing (location additions, snow, planes, quads, etc.), a creative mode to build more game modes within the game itself, etc.

But there are ways for PL to become more stream-friendly and feel very new at the same time. If we look at a game like Brawl Stars, the game itself has many different modes, including Gem Grab, Heist, Brawl Ball, Bounty, and Solo/Duo Showdown.

Why can't we have similar or brand new modes in PL to make the game more action-packed and stream-friendly?

Games like:

Deathmatch (Time Limit 2 minutes):
    The rules are quite simple: Gain as many kills possible within the two minute time limit. The team with the most kills at the end of the round will be awarded victory. This can be 1v1v1v1, 2v2, 3v3, etc.

Ring Leader:
    The goal of this mode is to capture the orb in the middle of the map and to hold onto it until the time limit runs out (2 minutes). If you are killed in battle, you drop the orb and opponents are able to pick up the orb. Perhaps the person with the orb can have golden rings circling around their body to indicate they have the orb (like buying the Shadow Hunter elixir). If no players is holding the ring/orb at the end of the time limit, the game will go into sudden death - the first player to pick up the orb will be awarded victory.

Legendary Lootables:
    This mode would have a combination of PVP and PVE elements. Elites, Pinks, Purples, Greens, Oranges (including crafting, weapons, shields, armors, helms, rings, amulets, etc.). A spawner in the middle of the map will drop items for teams to pickup throughout the match; the items will be of different rarity each time they come out of the spawner in the middle. The goal is to pickup ten items. Once a team has successfully done so, a timer will display counting down from 15 seconds. If a team manages to successfully hold onto ten items until the timer ends, they will win the game and be awarded the items upon victory. If a teammate is carrying three items and is killed, they will drop the items and opponents are able to pickup the items or teammates are able to gather the items once more. A player can hold up to ten items at a time. If a player is killed during the timer, the timer will stop and only restart once a team has picked up ten items once more.

Nuri's Penitentiary:
    Nuri's monsters spawn randomly throughout the map, creating a difficult prison to navigate through. This will be a 1v1v1v1 mode where the player's goal is to loot the item that Nuri drops in the middle of the map. Upon doing so, a mirror will charge up (light up green). To get out of this penitentiary, the only way out is to charge up the mirror for 10 seconds and escape with Nuri's loot (lighted up mirrors will darken after thirty seconds if no player is able to escape and another mirror will randomly light up green on the map) This won't be simple though; the player who loots the item will have to fight off Nuri's minions, as well as three other players who also want the loot item. If a player dies, he will drop the loot item on the ground and any other player is free to pick it up. The player who can charge up the lighted up mirror and escape to towne will be awarded victory and the loot item. Perhaps Nuri's minions can also randomly drop damage, health, mana, speed, and armor orbs to players who kill them in order to help them out in escaping with the loot and fighting off foes.

Soccer Legends:
    Add a ball to the middle of the map and two goals on both sides. The team to score three goals first wins the game. You cannot attack a player when you have the ball in your possession, you can only shoot. Those who do not possess the ball can attack the opposite team. Crypt Killers (3v3 PVP Arena) would be a perfect map layout choice for this mode. The ends of the map could act as goals.

Survivor:
    1v1v1v1. Each player has three lives. Once a player is killed three times, they are eliminated from the game. The last player standing wins the game.

All player kills would count towards PVP stats, all mob kills would count toward PVE stats in these modes.

If modes such as these are introduced to the game, interest in streaming would grow with the action-packed new content. There would be a lot more value in streaming the game and viewers may want to watch the content to see how to efficiently compete in these modes, what loot drops, etc.

One of the biggest reasons streaming failed for AL when STS hired a streamer to promote the game and do giveaways is because it wasn't advertised very well, and the streamer was virtually unknown.

If STS were to hire a noteworthy streamer to promote PL (or any of their games, especially new ones), the game would grow in popularity.

Another idea that I believe has even more of a chance of succeeding is to pay social media influencers (Instagram, Tik Tok, Twitter, Reddit, etc.) to advertise the games on their platform. Although it may be the most obvious option, channel that STS chooses doesn't necessarily have to be involved with gaming. There are a plethora of other platforms with different genres that could advertise PL as well, such as music, memes, etc. There are also sites where you can go to purchase social media accounts for a few hundred dollars. These accounts often come with a few hundred thousand followers and if attempted, STS could hire someone or give the reigns to someone in the community who could run the account and advertise PL while still growing the channel with regular content. For reference, friend of mine was able to successfully purchase a social media account, grow the account from 300,000 subscribers to over a million, and promote his brand as a whole (gaining hundreds of thousands of followers on other social media platforms). To this very day, he still has a cult following of dedicated fans who would go so far as to even attend a virtual meet-and-greet. A channel for messaging quickly filled up with 99 other people in less than five minutes when my friend was testing out a meet-and-greet.

Imagine having people download PL so they can virtually meet one of their role models, big influences, or idols. The influencer could attract a large gathering of people to download the game and play just to see them. Even 100 new players a day would grow the game immensely compared to what we currently have. But again... The game definitely needs to be fixed before this should even be considered because it won't matter if you can attract users to try out a game if you can't also retain those same users to continue playing.

Gambling.. Oops, I Mean Enchantments

i. Gambling.. the actual probability

The probability of gaining perfect enchantments on three slotted (elite) gear items and four slotted (mythic) items calculated by Burningdex is purely insane. If you haven't seen his chart, he listed that players only have a .0003% chance of getting a perfect elite weapon, for example, and a .00002% chance of getting a perfect mythic ring.

I think it goes without saying that this is utterly ridiculous. There are many solutions to this problem that Burningdex has pointed out, but I'd like to add a few to the list myself. We understand that STS is a business, but this is worse than a casino, especially when you're trying to implement such a system to a game with only a few hundred regular players. Games with millions of players don't even have such poor systems.

First of all, it begs the question as to why there are downright silly stats that players can potentially roll. The only purpose of this is to make it even more difficult/impossible to get the enchantments that you desire. No player wants 1 int, 1 str, 1 Dex, 1 m/s, 1h/s, etc.

In fact, the ONLY desirable enchants as of right now (and since the beginning of enchantment introduction) are damage, armor, and the new gold loot% enchants. There is absolutely zero desire for any other enchants outside of these three types because damage, armor, and gold loot% outclass any other enchantment stat in the game.

One solution is to eliminate all enchantment stats that can be rolled other than damage, armor, and gold loot%. Keep the current enchantments on gear that has been enchanted already, but make crit, health, mana, m/s, dodge, etc. enchantments discontinued from the enchantment list so no player is ever able to gain these enchantments ever again. This would increase the probability of getting the enchantments that players desire.

Another solution to this dilemma is to make mythic sets unenchantable in the 110 cap. We do not necessarily need enchanted gear and if the stats of the mythic gear are superior to even the best enchanted 105 gear, this would be of no issue at all. So this is one idea to 'save' the 110 cap at least... But twinking would still suffer.

The best solution for players is obviously to just make enchantments PVE-only, but players such as myself would have zero interest in pursuing enchantments ever again if that were the case, other than maybe gold loot% enchantments or other enchantments that benefited players in PVE more than damage/armor (like a speed enchantment only applicable in PVE). There are ways to counter this though; Other potential enchantments that could be added to cater to a PVE-only audience might be reroll%, boss spawn%, spawn the boss multiple times type of enchantment, minion/enemy reduction% enchantment, healing over time% enchantment (say 5% heal over time), etc.

However, this very popular opinion among players is not good for the developers/STS from a business standpoint. It makes absolutely zero sense from a business perspective to completely get rid of the enchantment system. While the system may currently have major flaws, these flaws can be fixed. If we're being entirely unbiased here, what's best for business is to keep the system in the game but make it fair and transparent for players so they feel like they're getting their money's worth.

I'm going to be completely honest - I've dropped a few hundred dollars trying to get great/perfect enchants during this cap. I haven't even come close to hitting a perfect roll. I haven't even rolled a stat that's unobtainable by players with gold (i.e. More than 240 armor 80/80/80 slots on armors.. 220 armor added up on elite armor rolls is my max roll with platinum). With that being said, I told myself I wouldn't purchase any more platinum for enchantments while the system is clearly broken.

I know those who have spent 10,000 platinum rolling one single piece of elite armor trying to obtain good stats, merely to be disappointed when they cannot hit a number above 240 armor... Again, 240 is obtainable through gold rolls.

If it is so impossibly difficult to roll 'perfect' stats or even close to 'perfect' stats (not counting amulets and rings) even with platinum, what incentive do players have to keep pumping their platinum into such a reward-less system?

You aren't paying for a chance at a rare vanity out of a crate or loot box either; you're paying for stats that you absolutely NEED in PVP in order to compete. I would take far less of an issue if players were paying for a chance at something not necessary to one's success in this game (i.e. Cosmetics).

What's even sadder is that in other games, you can CHOOSE what to get with the money that you spend.

What personally turns me off with these 'enchantment rolls' is you're essentially paying for a dice roll. At least those with addictive personalities know that if they buy drugs, they know they're getting the drugs they paid for. Now imagine going to the dealer and buying stuff that may or may not get you high... That's essentially what the current 'enchantment system' is.

So I'd like to propose a new enchantment system that will be far more fair and transparent than the current one that we have now.

Everyone will start at .250% odds to hit a perfect roll at the start of rolling. Over time, this % will continue to increase, thus offering the player better and better odds at hitting a perfect stat like a 300 armor (100/100/100) elite armor with platinum or, if they alternatively use gold, their chances to hit a 240 armor (80/80/80) elite armor.

Take a look at the spreadsheets below to get a sense of how your odds increase over time/more rolls:

As you can see, it would take a maximum of 363 rolls in order to hit a 'perfect roll'. However, it would most likely take significantly less rolls to achieve your 'perfect roll'. At just 40 rolls in, you can see your odds increase to 10% odds, far higher than what we currently have, and keep increasing to 20% or a 1/5 chance to hit a perfect roll once you hit 79 rolls without a perfect roll (100/100/100 - 80/80/80).

The sheet is self-explanatory... Your odds continue to increase for every enchant rolled without hitting a perfect roll.

As you can see in the box, a 'perfect roll' is comprised of only damage, armor, or gold loot% stats. All other stats are unwanted and useless to the vast majority of players. This means that you will never hit a 'perfect' crit roll of 5/5/5 because perfect crit rolls will not exist under this system. They will fall outside the scope of the system and not count towards the odds of hitting 'perfect' damage, armor, or gold loot% rolls.

I believe .250% is a nice percentage to start off with, although Cinco is obviously welcome to change this percent if he believes it to be best, perhaps making Mythic rolls start at .150% and legendary rolls start at .500% based on rarity.

I truly believe a system like this would be much more fair for both players and STS.

- Players will be able to finally achieve perfect stats on enchantment item rolls (excluding amulets and rings which can already be perfectly rolled).

- The market's prices on enchanted items/sets will witness significant drops. Sets will not cost 100m+ for the best/perfect/most close to perfect enchanted items anymore. There will be far more of these statted items in circulation.

- Developers can publish the odds of rolling perfect stats and be as transparent as possible with their player base, which would work to get rid of any player confusion. Currently, there are zero statistics published about the current enchantment system.

- Players won't have to pump infinite amounts of platinum down a hole that you can't see the bottom of. Rather, there will be definite amounts of gold or platinum a player will have to spend to roll 'perfect' stats and in almost all cases, players will have to spend far less than this 'definite' amount.

- The community will be less angry/feel less neglected. I think this is a good one.

Please consider implementing such a system as this that I believe would be 'best for business' - a fair and reasonable compromise between both players and developers.

ii. The Gold Sink

Several more ideas to add to the list:

- An npc that sells brand new vanity weapons/sets every few weeks. The vanities could cost 20m total and be a permanent feature in the game or something. Just recolour some dragon sets and people will buy it up. Easy work/gold sink.

- An npc that allows you to recolour your favourite vanities for gold. Recolor costs 5m each.

- New backgrounds that cost 5m each. Maybe animated backgrounds cost 10m each.

- An npc that allows you to recolour your face for 5m. Pink faced elves. Orange koalas. Blue canaries. Something something.

- More customization added to the game like in PLA. The two things that PLA did right was offer significant amounts of customization options (which PL could implement and use as a gold sink) and the gauntlet feature...

- A gauntlet map that requires 500k to enter each time. Players on top of the gauntlet leaderboard (for time/Wave completed) at the end of each season will be awarded a unique title or pet.

- Option to convert your weapon/shield/whatever into a vanity.. Costs 20m. Also maybe an option to convert it back into a weapon/shield/whatever for another 20m.

Miscellaneous:

There are other ideas that don't exactly fit the other sections of Burningdex's thread but could be added to the game to spark game activity.

Disable xp/Gain kills

Very simple concept. Revert the change that made it so that toons with disabled xp on cannot gain kills. This would make certain twink levels far more popular again. Additionally, this would help out the economy tremendously. Imagine locking a toon at level 56 (or 51) and farming Sewer pinks/gear to sell... Lots of oranges, greens, purples, and pinks would be available for purchase from campaigns 50-80 would be available in the consignment shop once again due to this simple addition. Players could farm kills while farming bosses/gear.

New Vanity Drops Added to Every Campaign - Renewed Farming Interest

Add vanity drops to every single campaign that mesh with the theme of that campaign. For example:

Forest Haven:
    Orcish Bow Vanity
    Meathead Vanity
    Buwanda's Staff Vanity

Dark Forest:
    Forest Leather Vanity
    Platinum Axe Vanity

Fathom Crypt:
    Wicked Winker Vanity
    Demon Claw Vanity
    Darkbolt Staff Vanity

Sandstone Caves:
    Crystal Armor Vanity
    Crystal Sword Vanity
    Earthquake Hammer Vanity
    Onyx Wand Vanity

Lost Expedition:
    Yeti Leather Vanity
    Green Ice Sword Vanity
    Green Ice Staff Vanity
    Green Ice Bow Vanity
    Green Ice Wand Vanity (new)
    Green Ice Talon Vanity (new)
    Green Ice Axe Vanity (new)

Swamps:
    Lizard Leg Vanity
    Mamboza's Hooch Vanity
    Voodoo Robe Vanity
    Copperhead Trident Vanity
    Frog head Vanity

Alien Oasis:
    Desert Eagle Talon Vanity
    Scorpion Leather Vanity

Alien Oasis II:
    Red Khopesh Vanity
    Yellow Khopesh Vanity
    Scarab Bow Vanity
    Mynas Helm Vanity
    Royal Staff Vanity
    Zuras Lance Vanity

Alien Oasis III:
    Void Armor Vanity
    Rift Armor Vanity
    Mega Blaster Vanity
    Cyber Armor Vanity
    Anything Cyber Vanity
    Void Talon/Shield Vanity
    Cosmos Wand/Eye Vanity
    Rift Sword/Shield Vanity
    Keepers Staff Vanity

Sewers:
    Fortified Helm Vanity
    Different Colored Gem Bow/Staff/Wand/Sword Vanities

Nuri's Hallows:
    Glyph Armor Vanity
    Demonic Armor Vanity
    Demonic Pieces Vanities
    Glyph Pieces Vanities

Mount Fang:
    Crafted Armor Vanity
    Crafted Sanguine Bow Vanity
    Crafted Lilith Staff Vanity
    Crafted Orlok Sword Vanity

Humania:
    Crafted Sandwalker Armor Vanity
    Crafted Sandwalker Helm Vanity
    Devil's Staff Vanity
    Tiki Crusher Vanity
    Phantom Bow Vanity

Blacksmoke Mountain:
    Phoenix Bow Vanity
    Fiery Wand Vanity
    Fiery Eye Vanity
    Fiery Armor Vanity
    Savage Scythe Vanity
    Savage Shield Vanity

Ancient Caverns:
    Same as Sandstone Caves, except Crystal blue

Return of the Overlord:
    Darzac Blaster Vanity
    Darzac Armor Vanity
    Wastex Sword Vanity

Prison Vanities:
    Kyraz Bow Vanity
    Casyr Wand Vanity
    Casyr Eye Vanity
    Molix Sword/Shield Vanity

I'll stop there for now, but you get the gist - add vanities to the loot table in each of the campaigns that PL has to offer. This would make PVE active once more, since currently no one has any motivation to farm any of these campaigns (for the reasons aforementioned). While looting these vanities, other pinks and valuables are bound to drop, causing CS prices to fall and opening up a larger supply of items for newer players to buy.

Ring Slots

Create a new type of vanity - the ring slot! Ever since the Trail of Lights Armor vanity came out, I and many others felt as if it shouldn't have taken up the place of an armor slot. It does not seem like a vanity, helm, pet, or shield at all and thus, shouldn't take up one of those vanity slots. Instead, this vanity was unique enough to warrant a new type of slot - the ring slot. Here, you will be able to equip vanity rings that gives you extra sparkles, stars, lights, smoke, etc. just as a set would.

These rings, like the vanities that I previously mentioned, could also drop in campaigns that fit their theme. There can be a demonic flame or glyph flame ring that drops in Nuri's Hallows... There can be a Gold/Green Sparkle ring that drops in Sewers... There can be a Purple Star Ring that drops in Shadow Caves... A burning ring that drops in Blacksmoke... You get the point. Once again, this would also respark interest in PVE and while farmers are trying to loot these items, they will inevitably loot other pinks and valuables that they will list in the consignment shop, thus decreasing the inflated price in the shop and creating a larger supply for newer players.

Daily Deals
    The Daily Deals section of the game hasn't been touched in forever. I'm honestly not even sure if Cinco knows it exists, otherwise I think he would have updated the deals and capitalized on it by now.

Anyway, the Daily Deals can be both a platinum and another gold sink. New vanities can be put on sale for 5m gold, for example, as a gold sink (or plat).

There can be gaze faces added to the daily deals, for 60 or 75 plat instead of the normal 50 plat it costs during event times.

Level 10 amulets can be added to the daily deals for gold or platinum purchase.

Pure Stat and Quarter Weapons can be added to the Daily Deals for a fraction of its price in the platinum store.

Platinum packs (such as conqueror) can be added to the Daily Deal for a fraction of its platinum store price.

Different coloured Holoshields can be added to the Deals (black or rainbow Holoshield, for example)

Different coloured Starries can be added to the Deals (White with Black Stars, Red Starry that isn't Christmas-Themed and is darker like Voodoo Armor, Orange Starry, etc.)

Different Coloured Founder Helms without Stats (White Founders with Black Gems, Black Founders with Red Gems, Red with Black Gems, Blue with Gems, etc.)

Enchantment deals: purchase an elixir that lasts for 24 or 48 hours that gives the player discounted enchantment rolls/awakenings.

Elixirs that grant 2x boss spawns can be added to the Deals.

Elixirs that reduce the mob size/numbers in campaigns can be added.

Elixirs that grant player invisibility to mobs - mobs cannot attack you.

Elixirs that automatically spawn the boss without killing a certain number of mobs.

Elixirs that raise the chances of obtaining a pink or elite drop.

Elixirs that eliminate a particular rarity drop (say eliminate commons or trash rarity from the loot table when purchased).

Guild Hall purchasable decorations (tables, chairs, snow, falling leaves, barrels, orbs, fire pits like in Blacksmoke Mountain towne, confetti, banners, pvp shields on the walls, pool table, a dummy that can be attacked to test dmg, personal guild hall consignment shop, personal guild hall enchantment npc, personal guild hall Vinnie the Vendor, personal guild hall PVP portal where guildmates can play in a private zone, freeze pit, traps like ones found in Nuri's Hallows, etc.). All of which would be purchased for fun of course. Maybe there could also be an option to fund the amount (say 500-1000 plat) and each member of the guild could contribute 20 plat minimum to the fund. After the goal is reached, some of these decorations or a 'bundle' can be purchased for the Guild Hall.

Contests:

Contests are another critical component to PL's success. Who could forget the contests of the past such as the item design ones for Alien Oasis, Forest Haven, or Humania weapons, among others? How could we forget the haiku contest or the video contest to show how you play PL with anyone, anywhere, anytime?

As I said before, active forums are one element that needs to be focused on for the success of the game. What better way to contribute to this than hosting a few contests every year? Not only that, but the winners could have their ideas implemented into the game like the winners of contests past.

Even something as simple as offering to name implemented items after the winners (I.e. Orcish Bow, Buwanda's Staff, etc.) could appeal to the masses and attract a large gathering of people to enter the contest and spark activity on forums.

In addition to this, it may be a wise decision to bring back the Spotlight feature on a monthly basis (or possibly every 3-4 months) and award a set amount of platinum, say 100, to the person who has contributed a very helpful or innovative idea to the community. The winner could also be featured in game like in previous years with a link to that person's content or the Spotlight thread.

Account Bans:

Many of my friends have been banned, many other peoples' friends have been banned. They don't all necessarily deserve a second chance, but sometimes getting permanently banned is far too harsh of a punishment for the crime committed... And in some cases, the innocent get punished for a crime they did not commit.

I think STS should adopt a different system for bans. If we look at another game like Order and Chaos, bans can last up to five years until the person's account is unbanned. If STS were to adopt a similar system, I believe that those who have committed certain violations, those that fall into a moderate or low violation category, could come back to the game once more. Considering that you can play Pocket Legends as young as the age of 13, many of these offences were caused during a person's teenage years.

Let's take a 13 year old for example: they commit a violation of the terms of service - perhaps they swear too much and get banned from the game, perhaps they say something racist and they don't even truly understand what the meaning of the phrase or word they uttered is at this young of an age. Perhaps they committed some other violation of the Terms of Service and didn't even know that this was a violation considering this was their first offence.

Now imagine that 13 year old five years older at 18 years of age... They went through middle and high school, they may be applying to college or be on the brink of attending. Their brain has undergone significant development in the last five years. Their frontal lobe begins to become less of a factor in their decision-making and the individual displays reasonable judgment when speaking and acting. Their behaviour has changed significantly and their past actions at the age of 13 no longer define them.

You were once young and did something wrong, whether it was accidentally breaking a vase by throwing a football in the house or receiving a poor grade on a test. You shouldn't be punished for a lifetime for something you did long ago.

Let the punishment fit the severity of the violation.

Seasonal Leaderboards:

A while ago, a forum user posted a thread about seasonal/monthly leaderboards which can be found here:

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...Board-addition!

Quote Originally Posted by FFA View Post
    My suggestion, I think there should be leaderboards separated into divisions or level based. If leaderboards were split up into divisions the levels should be something like this.

1-15
    16-31
    32-47
    48-55
    56-66
    71-75
    76-80

This could cover all main levels of pve,pvp, and ctf in one broad category without making each level have its own leaderboard.

Or you could make every level a separate leaderboard, All you would need is to add a level change option on the leaderboard to make it so players can cycle through to the level they're trying to look at. I feel this would possibly make other levels/the game more active. Giving people a chance to acquire being on the leaderboards again. And give them a goal to play towards everyday. Again this is just a thought, But I think it would be an awesome addition to the game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazinga! View Post
    This will not only make PvP more intense and engaging, but this would cause people to play various levels now. If there are less players at a certain level (like 51), and one player keeps getting the prize every time, eventually there would be competition (because of the prize). Also this would promote FFA because people would want more kills. The incentive of winning a prize would hopefully make players find new ways of beating certain classes. This could possibly contribute to the improvement of PvP imbalances.

Also, I have a feeling that this is going to get implemented in AL. If it's a good idea for PL then its on the devs' list for AL.

I felt like it would be a great time to pitch this idea to Cinco/devs once again. STS has a lot more resources and tools at their disposal than they did 2-3 years ago as evident by the amount of new content, the update to the current leaderboards, new features, and so forth.

We could use a seasonal or monthly leaderboard that rewards players for kills gained in 30 days (or 90). Obviously, there would need to be certain restrictions made so that this system would be fair to all those who compete. Namely, I think it would be a wise decision to not allow kills gained in locked games to count towards this leaderboard. Furthermore, it may be smart to also add a spawn to Myx towne or something (as in during PVP events) so that only kills gained entering this special PVP zone would count towards the leaderboard.

In addition to this, it may also be fun to have monthly PVP zones that focus on certain sets or types of gear. For instance, perhaps we could have a Demonic PVP zone one month where users could purchase a special Demonic set from the store that would only be available for that 30 day period for that zone/PVP event and then be taken away after the 30 day period. The events could rotate between different sets, like Demonic one month, Humania sets the next, Shadow gear the following month, and so forth. It would work like Honor gear/zones work now: you're only allowed to join the zone with that gear.

Tournament Prizes:

The last issue I'd like to raise in this post is tournament prizes. This isn't a very high priority compared to the other topics in this post (like enchantments and the progression system in the game), but I thought I'd mention it; I think skull and crossbone shields have been recolored enough and we should get some new skull and crossbone themed vanities from tournaments (armor, helm, weapon, pet, title, etc.). There are only so many skull and crossbone shields that can be made and I think that the player base is tiring of them by now. Perhaps we can have a rotation cycle... One tournament would offer a vanity armor prize, the next a vanity helm, the next a pet, a title, etc. We can rotate back to shields eventually if that's what the community desires to be brought back at a later time, but I think we should focus on something new for tournaments. After all, skull and crossbone shields have been awarded as tournament prizes since 2011 and Cinco himself has stated numerous times in various ways that we should not dwell on the past or long for the goods of yesterday. Rather, we should strive to create fresh and new ideas for tomorrow.

Thanks.

- Dolloway
    Last edited by Dolloway; 02-24-2019 at 12:21 AM.

3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Dollo,

What an awesome response to Burn's thread. I admit, you nearly succeeded in making me tear up with all of those wonderful ideas organized into one reply. :')

I love how you first address the fundamental issues of actually leveling up as a newbie. The biggest ideas that resonated most with me include: (1) readjusting the damage output of PvE mobs; (2) the health/mana potion idea – that's something I never thought of, and yet, that could change the way early levels are played dramatically (and for the better)... what an awesome suggestion! And finally (3) rewarding players with useful weapons and viable quantities of gold through quests.

I think the implementation of farmable vanities in each map (theme related, of course) is an absolute MUST. This achieves two things: (1) It revives the endgame PvE community and, more importantly, (2) higher level players would feel more incentivized to actually level up newer players. I for one avoid PvE most of the time, but I would do anything to relive some of these awesome old maps, farm some vanities all while helping other players level up. It's a win-win.

You and burn said it perfectly – the game is certainly not in a state to be advertised. I've been longing for new PvP modes for years, and I am a firm believer that diversity of game modes delivers a new type energy to one's gaming experience. There are countless PvP videos on youtube that just aren't that fun to watch. I would love tuning into to a game mode like your aforementioned 'survivor' (there are way too many cool ideas I have for game modes...)

I also concur with your proposal to fixing the enchantment system. I, for one, refuse to pay a dime to this bogus gambling system in light of the fact that the odds of rolling something decent are extremely low. I would, however, spend real $$$ knowing that my money is getting me increasingly better odds each time. The transparency, certainty, and finite capacity of the enchantment system would feel much more user-friendly. It's hard to think that this would not be a win-win system for players and STS, but obviously that's something for Cinco to answer/consider.

Some neat ideas you also mentioned for more community involvement and activity via forums. I just think that without some new content, a fresh new system of PvE/PvP + gear, the community involvement might not be where we want it to be.

Those are just some of my initial thoughts to your response, but as always, we all appreciate the constructive and well thought-out ideas you bring forth.

Cinco, I know you hate me and that I drive you loco on the forums, but we love you and hope you can consider some of these ideas
    Last edited by XghostzX; 02-23-2019 at 11:07 PM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Dollo,

I truly have nothing to add, that was an excellent (if not perfect) response addressing everything.

I really hope the devs listen to what you have to say about both the fundamental issues along with the new modes/PvE features.

Thank you for taking the time to make this post, it is really appreciated and i hope it doesn't go unnoticed.

EDIT: i would reallllllllyyyy like to see a contest that gives the players a chance to redesign the App/Play Store descriptions, videos, and images for PL. I really think this would help bring in more players from the store, and is definitely a way to spark activity both in game and on forums (taking pictures, making posts etc.)
    Last edited by burntoutdex; 02-23-2019 at 11:40 PM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to burntoutdex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Well I hope the Devs look into the thread...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to xzLegendszx For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xzLegendszx View Post
    Well I hope the Devs look into the thread...

It’s been like a month and they haven’t even acknowledged it. Seems kind of pointless to keep pushing it imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snacking View Post
    It’s been like a month and they haven’t even acknowledged it. Seems kind of pointless to keep pushing it imo.
    Yea true and even if they looked at the thread I don't really think something will get done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

A very thorough, detailed and well thought out response from you Dolloway. I wouldn't expect any less knowing your passion and love for PL.

I like your suggestions of new types of games incorporated into the game to promote streaming.

Enchantments have always been a very strong point for those who Pvp. Similar to opening up chests in AL and whilst farming for loot.

Its all about just random luck. There is no rhyme or reason as to why some get the best loot or enchantments after a few attempts and why others get nothing no matter how much real life money they spend on platinum (they get very discouraged and upset).

Ideally in a Utopian world we could get some sort of guarantee from STS that we will get what we desire with the use of Plat. But with that, what occurs when we all get what we desire? Will we spend more money on Platinum to try to sell these items we achieve to increase your gold wealth value on game. Or will you stop spending on Platinum once you get the sets you desire with the most overpowered enchantments?

Daily Deals list does need a revamp, to encourage us to spend Platinum.

And regarding account bans, I do understand this sensitive issue. Some get banned for valid reasons, others innocent get caught up in it all as well. But there are numerous amount of players who do get banned, they just continue to play buying new accounts and making new clean accounts to black market or be toxic again. But this toxicity or black market is not just alone on game, it flows down to social media.

As my discussion with many others on discord. Our beloved game, from a users point of view, we can see many improvements that are necessary to make it grow, and become active again. There is a long list of what we feel needs to change.

However, thinking from STS point of view. Will the amount of time and money invested into PL, increase its player base in the long run? Will it make players spend more money on Platinum? Will the risks pay off for STS?

From a business point of view. Invest funds into my best product and let that shine.
    An old product not selling might even get taken off distribution, and its just what STS have done the past 2 years, sun-setting some of their games that are not financially sound.

That within itself is food for thought.
    Last edited by Fwend; 02-24-2019 at 06:55 PM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

No worries, STS has a handle on it! PL will be amazing in 2019. And for future reference: 31 page / 67k character and 22 page / 50k character posts are not really that consumable.

Links: Pocket Legends Reborn! /// PL Party Zone Discord Server
    Last edited by Draebatad; 02-24-2019 at 10:07 PM.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post

Ideally in a Utopian world we could get some sort of guarantee from STS that we will get what we desire with the use of Plat. But with that, what occurs when we all get what we desire? Will we spend more money on Platinum to try to sell these items we achieve to increase your gold wealth value on game. Or will you stop spending on Platinum once you get the sets you desire with the most overpowered enchantments?
    Definitely a valid point. At the end of the day, we'll never know as customers the business-standpoint of such decisions. My gut instinct tells me that Dolloway's proposed model would fare better than the current system in terms of generated revenue. (Obviously, there will always be outliers who drop vastly higher amounts of $ on the game). Though I would think that with this new system, the on-average generated revenue would be equal or greater than the current system's revenue. Ultimately, though, it would lead to a more sustainable gaming experience both by increasing consumer welfare and keeping players more active (which I would think is a much better long-run investment).
    Last edited by XghostzX; 02-25-2019 at 10:21 AM.

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #51
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,169 Posts

Excellent! Keep it coming, Legends! I'll share this thread with my co-conspirators so we can refer to it in our discussions of the future for PL.

I am not planning to respond in detail to everything. Your continued participation in the thread (and others related to the future) is most important :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I think the beautiful Dollo may have already said it, but the game is quite empty and it makes it very difficult to level.

I was thinking maybe add:
    •daily/weekly quests with high xp rewards and maybe some gold or elixir rewards

• 1. solo dungeons with lower difficulty but less items and only rare spawning mini-bosses
    -or-
    • 2. level difficulty would scale to the number of players(I don’t think this is already implemented)

• 1. possibly lower the overall amount of xp required at low levels
    -or-
    • 2. run global xp boosts for certain dungeons every weekend(possibly)

Just my 2 cents
    Thanks for caring Cinco, you are a legend for keeping people’s memories alive here. We all appreciate you.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to tarlan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Excellent! Keep it coming, Legends! I'll share this thread with my co-conspirators so we can refer to it in our discussions of the future for PL.

I am not planning to respond in detail to everything. Your continued participation in the thread (and others related to the future) is most important :-)
    Thank you, i am glad to hear our ideas have not gone to waste

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Wow Dolloway... Outstanding response, I am truly speechless. I don’t think any other human being on earth is capable of such perfection. I know you and I know your love for Pocket Legends, and I am honestly not surprised. Keep it up my man (:
    Last edited by Waydog; 02-26-2019 at 11:32 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Waydog For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Great response, Dollo. Another example of how much the game can be improved when the players and staff come together and communicate. Our requests have been heard, so hopefully some needed changes and features will be implemented.

PL’s future is looking bright, can’t wait to see what happens next!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Someone start a drum roll until next cap release.
    Happy Holidays!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snacking View Post
    How about instead of just adding on new skill points, we could do that as well as adding a new skill?? This way everyone at endgame doesn’t have the same build.

These are just some ideas I had for skills,, they don’t have to be the actual skills. Just using my imagination.

Rhino- protector- a 6m area shield that heals teammates but damages enemies to keep them at range.

Mage- sacrifice- sacrifices their character completely to give their teammates a boost in health.

Bird- rapid fire- makes their auto from their weapon increase in speed significantly.

Fox- vanish- makes them vanish from sight and be invincible from dmg for 2-3 seconds, but be unable to attack during this time.

Bear- battle cry- a scream that is so loud it confuses the enemy, inverting their controls for a few seconds.
    I didn't want this to be lost since it's a noice idea. Not the exact skills, but the idea of making new skills.
    Last edited by Irishcow; 03-18-2019 at 03:33 PM.
    Happy Holidays!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

And can you also consider making year shields 4-9. Like how there was 1-3 year shields, but make them untradable like how they used to be.
    Happy Holidays!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tarlan View Post
    I think the beautiful Dollo may have already said it, but the game is quite empty and it makes it very difficult to level.

I was thinking maybe add:
    •daily/weekly quests with high xp rewards and maybe some gold or elixir rewards

• 1. solo dungeons with lower difficulty but less items and only rare spawning mini-bosses
    -or-
    • 2. level difficulty would scale to the number of players(I don’t think this is already implemented)

• 1. possibly lower the overall amount of xp required at low levels
    -or-
    • 2. run global xp boosts for certain dungeons every weekend(possibly)

Just my 2 cents
    Thanks for caring Cinco, you are a legend for keeping people’s memories alive here. We all appreciate you.
    Somehow missed these, theyre great!

I like the idea of weekly quests giving out high xp, that could be beneficial for new players.
    I'd be inclined to do the 2nd pption over the 1st because it already exiss and doesn't make the "group map" items even rarer (increasing the price more).
    The last one is interesting, if it didnt work with all access it could be a good way to spark activity in other pve maps.

Thanks for the suggestions :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Very good news about the upcoming improvements to the enchantments system! Another community suggestion finds favor. Couldn't be more happy about this. Thanks for listening to us.

From what Cinco has just said, we will soon be able to enjoy the ability of protecting desired enchantments from re-rolling.

This means you will be able to keep the ones you want and roll the ones you don't want.

Name:  Screenshot_20190319-153857.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  164.3 KB

This is a huge change for the better and might even bring some oldies back to PL.

Links: Pocket Legends Reborn! /// PL Party Zone Discord Server