Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The State of Pocket Legends in 2019

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

EDIT: I didn't copy what I wrote beforehand, and it was too long to post straight away (I did not think it would be).. it should be posted after it is read through by a mod, I hope.

(I had since used the clipboard for something else and lost what i'd written)
    Last edited by burntoutdex; 04-24-2019 at 06:13 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Well, my post didn't post, so i'll just recreate it:

As we reach the beginning of the 110 cap, I firmly believe it is time to start advertising this game again. There is never a time where the game is more active than the release of a new cap. Why not capitalise off this fact and start advertising the game to coincide with 110's release?

There are many ways to achieve this...

I think a good place to start would be updating the keywords (Search-terms) for the respective App Stores that this game is released on.

I mentioned my reasoning for this in the first or second post of this thread.. but, i'll repeat it here: searching the same thing on the same App Store with different devices yields seemingly arbitrary results for where this game appears on the results list. I feel as if this has deterred a lot of potential customers because they simply can not find the game despite searching the same thing as someone who could.

I think now is a great time to adjust these search-terms to help get PL back onto the radar.

Another thing is that the App Store's description and images of this game are very outdated and could (in my opinion) be made a lot more enticing, considering the immense amount of aesthetic changes the game has undergone since the last screenshots were updated (i.e. new vanities and maps).

In the past, we have had community contests to help fix this problem - why can we not have one for PL?

On top of Snowpeak Mountain, tweaking stats
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I really like Dolloway's idea about making vanities of items which then only drop in their 'own' dungeons. It will make players farm lower levels again which then leads to lower alts and new players to be leveled easier. Plus they can get the vanities too and sell them for probably more than average gold.

Which made me realize it's probably a good idea for max level players to help out one or more low level players. Perhaps 'sponsor' them with some gold which will make them more enthusiastic. Some of you might say that this will not bring you anything, however it might just bring you extended life of this amazing game

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suntv For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    In regards to App Store Optimization, there are factors in addition to keywords. And keywords can only be changed during an app update.

The amount of downloads an app gets is still a key factor for any app’s ranking in both Google and Apple app stores. The more users download and install an app, the higher its position in the app store rankings will be. Similarly, the number of uninstalls seems to have a negative impact in the Play Store ranking.

How often users open an app are especially important. This is a critical factor since not only the amount of downloads affects the app ranking but how often users actually use an app.

To a lesser extent, app rating and reviews should be helpful as well. The majority of users are more inclined to download an app that has many positive ratings and convincing reviews - especially recent ones.
    I didn't realise uninstalling affected rankings.. that's an interesting concept.

These are all good things for StS to keep in mind. Though, I am sure they are aware.

Perhaps there is no longer a realistic way to fix the rankings considering the long-term trends that may exist can no longer be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Suntv View Post
    I really like Dolloway's idea about making vanities of items which then only drop in their 'own' dungeons. It will make players farm lower levels again which then leads to lower alts and new players to be leveled easier. Plus they can get the vanities too and sell them for probably more than average gold.

Which made me realize it's probably a good idea for max level players to help out one or more low level players. Perhaps 'sponsor' them with some gold which will make them more enthusiastic. Some of you might say that this will not bring you anything, however it might just bring you extended life of this amazing game
    Exactly!

Vanities in the 'traditional' maps would help new players tremendously because they'd be able to run maps with more than just themselves for company. I hope that during 110 this could be considered.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to burntoutdex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Those vanity drops could be added to LV'LAR since players at max Lvl really don't need xp-orbs.
    But i don't know if its possible to add map-depending drops to a random spawned enemy?
    Ty Cinco

8. The Following User Says Thank You to yannjoel For This Useful Post:

On top of Snowpeak Mountain, tweaking stats
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Perhaps even make it so that vanity can only drop for the associated level and below. I.e. the vanity 'Custom Recurve Bow' drops only for lvl55 and below.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yannjoel View Post
    Those vanity drops could be added to LV'LAR since players at max Lvl really don't need xp-orbs.
    But i don't know if its possible to add map-depending drops to a random spawned enemy?
    It's possible, it was done for the birthday boss this year (the name eludes me).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I still love this thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I still love this thread part 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Yikes and we are half way thru 2020... time flies.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk