Quote Originally Posted by danley View Post
Actually, there were 2 mage. We've managed #5 pure with Spell.
Its imperative to know that they both used ebon weapons and they could not without while there are a few rogues who got in top 5 with less powerful weapons, like spirit daggers and warriors with tb.
On top of that, was 1 week event. If it was 2 weeks, all parties from top 5 would of been made with 3 ebon rogues and 1 tb+ebon war. Unlike warriors who were indispensable for pulling mobs(tb being most effective), mages were not.
Right, I hope that devs note that these were all pure runs and were only possible because of willingness of 3 other players to carry a mage.
And I agree, warriors only made it to Swamp Group LB because of TB(Terror Blade) or TB+Ebon, Ebon only tanks were ignored too.

Quote Originally Posted by danley View Post
This event proved one thing for sure. Mages are not as good at crowds/AoE as some of you been saying.
I think the main problem is that devs are still testing mage on a 2013 skill build where they used lifegiver and CC. They should start playing with current builds where people are spaming pots and the only CC used is Traps by Rogues in absence of a TB warrior.

But anyway we said the same things 6 months back and so far nothing much changed. I hope things will change with new level cap, fingers crossed.