Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: All Or Nothing STS

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    With respect to advertising - if you're in favor of the idea - help me out with detailed answers to a couple of questions:

- What game(s) did you discover on the basis of advertising alone? Not supplemented by friends urging you to check out 'Game X;' but a game or games that you learned about from the company's advertising campaign?
    - Where did you see the advertisement for this game? In another game? On television? In a social media feed?
    - What was the advertisement content like? An in-app demo? A CGI movie? A 'you at level 1 -> you at level 100' banner ad?

Thanks in advance!
    As a college kid, I'd say the things that draw my attention to new games are:

1) Anything social media related (Facebook, Instagram mostly)

2) Seeing games in the appstore that fall into categories of 'Popular Games' or 'Best New Updates' on those main pages.

The advertisements through social media are usually these low-quality, money-hungry games -- and too often the designers will post an advertisement of gameplay from a different game to lure in new customers (i.e., lots of pokemon rip-offs). I would say for the average trained eye, it isn't too difficult to determine which are authentic and which are not. Obviously STS has always been honest and authentic (your game is unique in and of itself), so that wouldn't be an issue. I'm not sure how companies go about advertising their games on social media websites and how costly it can be. But if it's viable, there's definitely room for opportunity with a colorful advertisement that really pops. All it takes for me to check out a new game is the first 3-5 seconds of an ad.

Addressing the second point, I'm not sure if there's a way in which you can simultaneously launch a big update and have it come to the top of the app store under the category 'Huge Updates' or whatever.

I realize this is nothing you don't already know, so I apologize if this was totally inconvenient... but things to at least consider I suppose.

Edit: I do recall when I first downloaded PL years ago, all because I had searched 'MMORPG' in the app store. Definitely utilizing as many tags and keywords in the app description could help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

I support the others who have suggested advertisement on Facebook and Instagram.

EDIT: And search optimization for PL ranking as high as possible in the app stores is so very important. /EDIT

There's a ton of good suggestions that have been made here on the STS forums, and also on the various community discord servers as well. And the good news is, Cinco reads it all.

Links: Pocket Legends Reborn! /// PL Party Zone Discord Server
    Last edited by Draebatad; 01-28-2019 at 11:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

This game is extremely difficult to find on either of the mobile App Store’s, and I cannot find this game on the chrome webstore, outside of a direct link. Others agree with me and have said things such as “Pocket Legends very low down the list of suggested games unfortunately. Most new potential players do not know the existence of the game in the app store. (Sunflwershine)”

The Chrome webstore has removed its app section entirely, which was announced in 2017.

Currently, the only way to play PL on chrome is if you have it previously installed or if you use the link found here.

I believe this killed a lot of potential broadcasting for the game, as AL, PL, DL & SL were all highly rated on the Chrome Appstore, as they were the few full-blown MMORPG’s on the chrome store.

On the iOS Appstore, it is an entirely different story. PL (and AL) are nowhere to be found in the Top200 Role-Playing Games, despite that being their designated category in the App description.

On iOS, if you search “mmorpg” or “rpg,” there seems to be a mixed response as to whether PL or AL appears first, even though they have the same rating of 4 stars. If I search either of these terms, PL appears for me first. I had others do the same, and they said AL appears and then PL shortly after.

I decided to test this on my own android emulator, as I do not own an android device, and the results I found were as follows:
    - Searching “rpg” on the playstore means neither AL nor PL will appear before the apps stop loading
    - Searching “mmorpg” on the playstore means AL appears, and then PL
    - Searching “fantasy” on the playstore means neither AL nor PL will appear before the apps stop loading

Conducting the same test on an iOS device, I made the following conclusions:
    - Searching “rpg” on the iOS Appstore means PL appears at the 17th spot, and then AL shortly after.
    - Searching “mmorpg” on the iOS Appstore means PL appears at the 18th spot, with surprisingly, SL at the 23rd spot before AL.
    - Searching “fantasy” on iOS brings perhaps the weirdest result. After 110 results, no StS game has appeared. This is a big issue as ‘fantasy’ is something I would definitely say when describing either of these games to someone.
    -
    To conclude on this test, it is evident that the same search terms in either store do not bring the same results. This should be fixed to extend the audience to both games, and not just PL.

Also, the description of AL is about twice as long as the description for PL. Which seems weird, when this is free to change and both games have won about equal amount of notable awards.
    Last edited by burntoutdex; 01-28-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

With respect to advertising - if you're in favor of the idea - help me out with detailed answers to a couple of questions:

- What game(s) did you discover on the basis of advertising alone? Not supplemented by friends urging you to check out 'Game X;' but a game or games that you learned about from the company's advertising campaign?
    - Where did you see the advertisement for this game? In another game? On television? In a social media feed?
    - What was the advertisement content like? An in-app demo? A CGI movie? A 'you at level 1 -> you at level 100' banner ad?

Thanks in advance!
    Thank you Cinco for giving us players another opportunity to contribute with the growth of PL.

1. A game called Roblox
    2. Found on an advertisement on a website that I personally use for reading manga.
    3. It showed the creativity and imagination of the platform. Ultimately, the best answer I could give you is that the advertisement showed the current (at the time) potential that Roblox could reach.

I later found out that the platform would continue to grow with many many more new things constantly coming our way. There were live Twitch streamers promoted by Roblox and that got a couple thousand views. Although, pre-recorded videos were also shown quite often. I found this bothersome, so averted my attention and time away from their streams, since I didn't want to waste my time watching pre-recorded streams when it would feel much better to watch some things during the time they were active. Another fun part of watching their live streams was being able to join them in-game and say hi to myself and a couple hundred other people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burntoutdex View Post
    Currently, the only way to play PL on chrome is if you have it previously installed or if you use the link found here.
    Hey... I'm not sure what you mean here. I got PL on a PC a bit over a year ago and was able to install it through the chrome web store.

I also got it recently and was able to get it through the same method.

If you're looking for sufficient evidence that this was possible by me, I can provide you with this link.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pock...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Communion View Post
    Hey... I'm not sure what you mean here. I got PL on a PC a bit over a year ago and was able to install it through the chrome web store.

I also got it recently and was able to get it through the same method.

If you're looking for sufficient evidence that this was possible by me, I can provide you with this link.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pock...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    The webstore no longer allows you to download apps. the only current way to get/find it is with a link. a new player obviously wouldnt know the game exists and wont be able to find the link if they dont know the title of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

The webstore no longer allows you to download apps. the only current way to get/find it is with a link. a new player obviously wouldnt know the game exists and wont be able to find the link if they dont know the title of the game.
    I misunderstood, however a link is very different to what you are describing. A player is able to install Pocket Legends on chrome as an extension.

This means your statement:
    is incorrect.

I was almost got confused, but hopefully this draws our conversation to a close. I don't think any further replies to this would be beneficial for the construction of this thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

This game is the best game ever on mobile because its a 24/7 game.

I can agree what you’d just said and its extremly hard to level from 100-105 and people stop running it because its hard and most of the time you are solo since people think its to hard and boring. Maby nerf the mobs in my opinion and big blue demons health and dmg.

76 cap was a hit and pvp, pve was going 24/7 and it was balanced and town was full most of the time. I hope 110 gonna be perfect, Extremly amazing new vanitys, sets with alot if work putting on it and alot of effects and very funny new maps that u are able to solo, or play as 5 and not getting bored after couple of seconds or 110 fails people gonna quit and prob never coming back for future updates. I’m not saying that they doing a bad work on this game because they are amazing keeping this game alive and Im really glad that im able to play this game.

Im trying to advertist this game to people i know but as u said there has to be a update on the tutorial with deeper information and a better start like different elixirs, other gears look or something new that the new people can use to keep up their thoughts like ”this game is amazing and cool” when they spend their first seconds on this game. A new game logo on the appstore and start up screen, new avatar page look etc can make a HUGE difference and also bad difference depends update, look etc. must be perfect and alot of effort with effects and again Im not saying they doing a bad work or that they dont put effort on this game, i think its very very hard to make new stuff this game and Im very Happy that they keep this game alive and running! HUGE Thank you to the people who made this game!

Im helping new players in the game if i see one and if they ask for help Im glad to help them out. I hope more people can do it too (not saying Im the Im the only one helping)

Hope you guys can understand me because my english is terrible..

If you want to add me or wanna talk or anything add me

IGN: HQNA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

The issue of PL being tailored to endgame players/those with a considerable amount of gold and resources is what should probably be addressed first, then advertising. If the devs somehow managed to get an influx of new players to start the game all of a sudden, I think most of them would probably lose interest quickly, especially once they reach the difficulty spike in the upper levels that can only be bypassed by spending a significant amount of gold and platinum on pets and the like, which are resources they have no real way of obtaining. Something like the “PL 2” idea that keeps being suggested would be refreshing and more appealing in my opinion, instead of having to tweak, nerf, and buff hundreds of features in the current PL. There have been many quality of life feautes that us players have also suggested throughout the forums, that could also be implemented into this PL 2. Not only would this be better for new players, but I’m pretty sure that most current players are also behind the idea of a reboot.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Yes unfortunately an advertisement at this point would not be sufficient, I dont think there is a quick fix, we need to smooth out rough edges on PL, and burntdex made a good thread containing what could be done, once this happens and advertisement could bring in lots of new players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Can Cinco make a Thread like that?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

It's only worth spending money on advertising if the new players who hear about the game via the advertisement collectively spend more money on platinum than STS has spent on the advertising. I can't see how attracting new players to PL will pay off unless the game is rebalanced a bit to make it more welcoming to new players with no experience or resources

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ortalan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

This is truely Pocket legends last year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

"General Kenobi. Years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars. Now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire. I regret that I am unable to present my father's request to you in person, but my ship has fallen under attack, and I'm afraid my mission to bring you to Alderaan has failed. I have placed information vital to the survival of the Rebellion into the memory systems of this R2 unit. My father will know how to retrieve it. You must see this droid safely delivered to him on Alderaan. This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope."

Ooops. Wrong media.

Yeah, have some hope, they have not given up on PL and in fact are focusing on all of their legends games this year, including PL. We will have new events, a shiny new expansion, and I would not be surprised if we continue to see many more of the community suggestions and feedback get implemented into Pocket Legends. 2019 should be a great year for PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    "General Kenobi. Years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars. Now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire. I regret that I am unable to present my father's request to you in person, but my ship has fallen under attack, and I'm afraid my mission to bring you to Alderaan has failed. I have placed information vital to the survival of the Rebellion into the memory systems of this R2 unit. My father will know how to retrieve it. You must see this droid safely delivered to him on Alderaan. This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope."

Ooops. Wrong media.

Yeah, have some hope, they have not given up on PL and in fact are focusing on all of their legends games this year, including PL. We will have new events, a shiny new expansion, and I would not be surprised if we continue to see many more of the community suggestions and feedback get implemented into Pocket Legends. 2019 should be a great year for PL.

A little bit to late xd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xzLegendszx View Post
    A little bit to late xd.
    Fortunately, Cinco enjoys a good challenge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    Fortunately, Cinco enjoys a good challenge.

This isn't even funny anymore... PL should have never end up like this...
    It was a big mistake to make so many legend title...

Last edited by xzLegendszx; 02-01-2019 at 06:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Thanks in advance!
    I was actually very young when i started PL but I remember i started playing because it was a AD for this monkey banana game i was playing. My memory has faded a little bit but I wouldn’t be playing PL if it wasnt a AD on that game to get me more whatever i needed on there.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    I was actually very young when i started PL but I remember i started playing because it was a AD for this monkey banana game i was playing. My memory has faded a little bit but I wouldn’t be playing PL if it wasnt a AD on that game to get me more whatever i needed on there.
    around 4 years back i was looking for a good mobile game, i searched best mmos on mobile and up popped pocket legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Before any advertising is done, you need to make sure new player experience is properly balanced. Advertising will not do any good if most people can't make it past level 30 because they don't want to mindlessly grind for days.

Nerf mid-game enemies, introduce a gear progression system, drop more gold in mid-game maps, add more quests that give sufficient xp so people can cap to the meat of the game in a matter of days instead of weeks.

And then start advertising. Put sponsored ads on Facebook, Instagram, Youtube. Be as flashy as you can.

But remember. You have to break that bottleneck first, or it will be a waste of time and money.

It also wouldnt hurt to hire a community manager. That daily interaction we had with Remiem and Samhayne really upped our spirits to participate as a more cohesive community. More community events and contests help tremendously with this. A player that is actively involved in a community is less likely to quit the game entirely.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord