Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: All Or Nothing STS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    It also wouldnt hurt to hire a community manager. That daily interaction we had with Remiem and Samhayne really upped our spirits to participate as a more cohesive community.
    Agreed. Those positions were never filled, G wears those hats now along with his many others.

Links: Pocket Legends Reborn! /// PL Party Zone Discord Server

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I think one of the things cinco is trying to say is if just those here told their friends this game would be a lot bigger, we should advertise this game for sts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lalaanica For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lalaanica View Post
    I think one of the things cinco is trying to say is if just those here told their friends this game would be a lot bigger, we should advertise this game for sts
    We can't advertise this game with it current state...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

PL is definitely not in a state to be advertised. There are several fundamental issues that need to be resolved, and they have been addressed on multiple occasions from players. I love PL just as much as all of you do, but given the resources STS has to work with, I just don't see PL ever being 'saved.' A fresh PL 2 would be the best bet IMO, though many would argue AL is essentially just that. I would much rather sacrifice the years' worth of experience I've put into this PL to play a new PL 2. I login to PL, at most, once a week now and strictly as a means to just quickly check in. The game is dead, unfortunately.

Whatever STS decides to do, I hope that they focus on their strengths in the gaming world – that is, constructing MMO worlds. I can't even imagine all of the useful insights they have learned through developing PL and AL, both having their strengths and weaknesses. I really believe if they took the best features of both, and fine tuned their marketing strategies and methods of creating a self-sustaining game without exploiting players through silly things like enchantments, something of unlimited potential could emerge.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 02-07-2019 at 01:03 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    PL is definitely not in a state to be advertised. There are several fundamental issues that need to resolved, and they have been addressed on multiple occasions from players. I love PL just as much as all of you do, but given the resources STS has to work with, I just don't see PL ever being 'saved.' A fresh PL 2 would be the best bet IMO, though many would argue AL is essentially just that. I would much rather sacrifice the years' worth of experience I've put into this PL to play a new PL 2. I login to PL, at most, once a week now and strictly as a means to just quickly check in. The game is dead, unfortunately.

Whatever STS decides to do, I hope that they focus on their strengths in the gaming world – that is, constructing MMO worlds. I can't even imagine all of the useful insights they have learned through developing PL and AL, both having their strengths and weaknesses. I really believe if they took the best features of both, and fine tuned their marketing strategies and methods of creating a self-sustaining game without exploiting players through silly things like enchantments, something of unlimited potential could emerge.
    True... nowadays i come rarely online in Pocket Legends aswell.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xzLegendszx View Post
    True... nowadays i come rarely online in Pocket Legends aswell.

But hey, if the new cap is something worthwhile then I'll be more active again! STS is always full of wonderful surprises, that's why I've always chosen to stick with them. I'm really always rooting for the company.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

can't wait for L110 cap ;D it's interesting in some way to see how it's going to play out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lalaanica View Post
    Like I've said before, if we all referred this game to friends and each of us got just 1 friend to play PL, the community would double in size. A grassroots approach is always the best way to see growth - and it is free, no advertising costs whatsoever. Only your time and effort is required.

Links: Pocket Legends Reborn! /// PL Party Zone Discord Server

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    With respect to advertising - if you're in favor of the idea - help me out with detailed answers to a couple of questions:

- What game(s) did you discover on the basis of advertising alone? Not supplemented by friends urging you to check out 'Game X;' but a game or games that you learned about from the company's advertising campaign?
    - Where did you see the advertisement for this game? In another game? On television? In a social media feed?
    - What was the advertisement content like? An in-app demo? A CGI movie? A 'you at level 1 -> you at level 100' banner ad?

Thanks in advance!

Back when i started playing i originally found pocket legends through the ios AppStore's top free games list it was like 17 place, after some scrolling through screen shots of the game, i tried it out & played it for a few months then left & came back like 3 years later to find the game was whole new thing and pretty much kept playing it until everything els I was playing started to die around it, after that it was just pocket legends & OG at the time so my opinions became limited on what i was spending money on, back in this time plat was easy to come by though, wether that be through offers/deals or plat sales that felt worth it. Now with og gone pl in buy plat or get out mode i kinda got off mobile games for a while since all offer service's on pl to get plat are now scams or worse.

It just doesn't feel worth it to spend money or time on the game anymore, maybe its the emptiness of the community with so many people leaving, maybe its the greedy feel of how plat is so devalued now and hard to get if you don't buy it but so easy to waste in like an 1-2 hours of farming or just playing the game. What ever it is, its just not the game it once was that made you wanna spend 50-100$ on plat deals or hours on end of farming areas with friends or just alone. Maybe thats what pl needs is a community health/plat value update and not another worthless cap update that only people who power level there 3-4 accounts care about like the past three cap updates before haven't helped revive the game. What do i know though, sorry to rant whine at you though cinco, i know you try your best to listen to the community, maybe what the game really needs is an old sts touch from that old Ferrari engine though. Peace

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingzila For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Advertising Pocket Legends should not even be in the picture right now this gold economy desperately needs fixed if you’re a platinum-less new player you might as well quit playing the same day you start playing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    But hey, if the new cap is something worthwhile then I'll be more active again! STS is always full of wonderful surprises, that's why I've always chosen to stick with them. I'm really always rooting for the company.
    Excuses. You just want to be with Xyther again.
    Happy Holidays!