Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: All Or Nothing STS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

This game is extremely difficult to find on either of the mobile App Store’s, and I cannot find this game on the chrome webstore, outside of a direct link. Others agree with me and have said things such as “Pocket Legends very low down the list of suggested games unfortunately. Most new potential players do not know the existence of the game in the app store. (Sunflwershine)”

The Chrome webstore has removed its app section entirely, which was announced in 2017.

Currently, the only way to play PL on chrome is if you have it previously installed or if you use the link found here.

I believe this killed a lot of potential broadcasting for the game, as AL, PL, DL & SL were all highly rated on the Chrome Appstore, as they were the few full-blown MMORPG’s on the chrome store.

On the iOS Appstore, it is an entirely different story. PL (and AL) are nowhere to be found in the Top200 Role-Playing Games, despite that being their designated category in the App description.

On iOS, if you search “mmorpg” or “rpg,” there seems to be a mixed response as to whether PL or AL appears first, even though they have the same rating of 4 stars. If I search either of these terms, PL appears for me first. I had others do the same, and they said AL appears and then PL shortly after.

I decided to test this on my own android emulator, as I do not own an android device, and the results I found were as follows:
    - Searching “rpg” on the playstore means neither AL nor PL will appear before the apps stop loading
    - Searching “mmorpg” on the playstore means AL appears, and then PL
    - Searching “fantasy” on the playstore means neither AL nor PL will appear before the apps stop loading

Conducting the same test on an iOS device, I made the following conclusions:
    - Searching “rpg” on the iOS Appstore means PL appears at the 17th spot, and then AL shortly after.
    - Searching “mmorpg” on the iOS Appstore means PL appears at the 18th spot, with surprisingly, SL at the 23rd spot before AL.
    - Searching “fantasy” on iOS brings perhaps the weirdest result. After 110 results, no StS game has appeared. This is a big issue as ‘fantasy’ is something I would definitely say when describing either of these games to someone.
    -
    To conclude on this test, it is evident that the same search terms in either store do not bring the same results. This should be fixed to extend the audience to both games, and not just PL.

Also, the description of AL is about twice as long as the description for PL. Which seems weird, when this is free to change and both games have won about equal amount of notable awards.
    Last edited by burntoutdex; 01-28-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burntoutdex View Post
    Currently, the only way to play PL on chrome is if you have it previously installed or if you use the link found here.
    Hey... I'm not sure what you mean here. I got PL on a PC a bit over a year ago and was able to install it through the chrome web store.

I also got it recently and was able to get it through the same method.

If you're looking for sufficient evidence that this was possible by me, I can provide you with this link.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pock...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Communion View Post
    Hey... I'm not sure what you mean here. I got PL on a PC a bit over a year ago and was able to install it through the chrome web store.

I also got it recently and was able to get it through the same method.

If you're looking for sufficient evidence that this was possible by me, I can provide you with this link.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pock...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    The webstore no longer allows you to download apps. the only current way to get/find it is with a link. a new player obviously wouldnt know the game exists and wont be able to find the link if they dont know the title of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

The webstore no longer allows you to download apps. the only current way to get/find it is with a link. a new player obviously wouldnt know the game exists and wont be able to find the link if they dont know the title of the game.
    I misunderstood, however a link is very different to what you are describing. A player is able to install Pocket Legends on chrome as an extension.

This means your statement:
    is incorrect.

I was almost got confused, but hopefully this draws our conversation to a close. I don't think any further replies to this would be beneficial for the construction of this thread.