Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unemployed Rogue with an apparent one of the best weap Ebon bow

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Narana.Solarie View Post
    My first time ranting so please do try to understand where I’m coming from.

I spend most of my AL time in mausoleum and i enjoy it a lot! Except one detail... why is it that even after spending 30m+ on a bow I’m still not doing decent damage on Lich/Vori? I joke with friends how dragon staff mages made us rogues unemployed. But it really is true. I spent millions on gears just to be able to hold my own or assist other players while we run mausoleum.

I tried Immo bow just to be able to do some damage on Lich/bosses but it was sad too :/ and finally AL introduced Ebon, i was expecting so much from Ebon that us rogues get decent weapon that can at least hold a candle against dragon staff proc and actually do some damage on Lich. But unfortunately how proc works only matters in pvp not pve. I’ve seen how people complain Ebon weapon procs in pvp but hey AL! There are pve people too?!
    I might be selfish or whatever you call, but at least i know many non pvp and pve concentrated rogue players can understand what i mean.
    I really feel it’s unfair how end game weapon do so less damage than way low lvl weapon. I’m not saying nerf ds or how mages are unfair. It’s about how AL weapon logic is so messed up. Isn’t there way for us rogues do some damage on lich now too? Warr and Mage can kill Lich but all us Rogue can do is “tickle the hell out of Lich” whyyy???

End of ranting. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You may have missed it but STS told us maus will always be 10 levels higher than you're current level. In other words you are fighting a level 81 boss with 71 gear.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

THis sounds great in theory but unless you play rogue endgame as your main for at least 6 months or more you won't understand the struggle.

Rogue awaken like 4% dex is valued 10x by rogue then 4% Int by mages. We are forced to pay 10x more despite how much spent for awaken. Because of this more gold is spent on rogue gears than mages. For us every stats count but a majority of mages only care about awaken as long as it has 100gl or more
    For us, we want 100gl and op stats otherwise we don't get invited to good party.

This is excluding the fact that these items are in high demand and already highly competitive.

The unfair part is sts making drop rate same based on mages and warriors when there is more rogue. They should adjust drop rate so it's scaled to population (class) rather than a flat rate which benefits mages and wars more. ( this is an assumption based on drop rates from the past)

And let's not forget these weapone aren't even that great compared to other classes as suggested by OP.

Please STOP acting like you know everything, it's annoying.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    Rogue's spend 10x more gold than mages and warriors combined to be on LB e.g. gears, energy kits, awakens etc. They are also a lot more dedicated than other classes. ( and no we dont earn significantly more than any other classes). They drop rate for rogues are even rarer than any other classes.
    They arent on LB because if any unbalance, they worked for it now on LB.
    Your statement is only valid only for people competing for lb rewards. Yes, they need to make more runs than other classes, the reason being is that it's easier and faster for them.

Take the current swamp event for instance. You will notice the discrepancy in solo points on lb which precisely indicate how unfairly the balancing has become between classes.

For each 1 energy used rogues on average can achieve 2x more points than mages and worriors as seen on lb board. This also yield them more event tokens per run. More tokens means more money that your can easily make.

Basically, each event run, in any event that o recall can be completed faster and easier by playing as a rogue class.

The point ur missing is that when I run lb you do not only compete against the same class, but also against all players and their interests. If you get more of valuables because its easier and faster based on the class selection you have chosen then you will potentially dialliute the price of drops for the rest of us.

This should have no place if this game was to be called fair.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to grzena1982 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

THis sounds great in theory but unless you play rogue endgame as your main for at least 6 months or more you won't understand the struggle.

Rogue awaken like 4% dex is valued 10x by rogue then 4% Int by mages. We are forced to pay 10x more despite how much spent for awaken. Because of this more gold is spent on rogue gears than mages. For us every stats count but a majority of mages only care about awaken as long as it has 100gl or more
    For us, we want 100gl and op stats otherwise we don't get invited to good party.

This is excluding the fact that these items are in high demand and already highly competitive.

The unfair part is sts making drop rate same based on mages and warriors when there is more rogue. They should adjust drop rate so it's scaled to population (class) rather than a flat rate which benefits mages and wars more. ( this is an assumption based on drop rates from the past)

And let's not forget these weapone aren't even that great compared to other classes as suggested by OP.

Bro what are you on?

Obviously you never pvp as a mage vs rogues or as a tank where you are just a shield.

Mages have mausoleum, most times runs, or leaderboard are dominated by rogues so yeah your gear obviously cost more.

The game most caps has been unbalanced for rogues because that is the dominant class and mages aren’t needed as much cause mishi and tanks aren’t needed as much cause rogues have armour like a tank.

If you wanna complain about getting rogue items out of locked it’s call class loot elixir which gives you stuff for your class only.

Honestly on behalf of all the mages n tanks we don’t wanna hear it,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Verbie View Post
    You may have missed it but STS told us maus will always be 10 levels higher than you're current level. In other words you are fighting a level 81 boss with 71 gear.

So you saying dragon staff doing better damage than higher level weapon is fair?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Narana.Solarie For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Narana.Solarie View Post
    So you saying dragon staff doing better damage than higher level weapon is fair?

Please dont put words in my mouth. The dragon staff has already been nerfed as well as many of the mages weapons. As I stated initially you are fighting a level 81 boss with level 71 gear. The bosses are overspecced to make sure that cant be farmed easily and present a challenge.

I'm not sure if it can be put any simpler.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Verbie View Post
    Please dont put words in my mouth. The dragon staff has already been nerfed as well as many of the mages weapons. As I stated initially you are fighting a level 81 boss with level 71 gear. The bosses are overspecced to make sure that cant be farmed easily and present a challenge.

I'm not sure if it can be put any simpler.

Still doesn’t make sense how lvl 71 arc weapon doing worse than lvl 46 weapon though...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Narana.Solarie For This Useful Post:

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Rogue awaken like 4% dex is valued 10x by rogue then 4% Int by mages. We are forced to pay 10x more despite how much spent for awaken. Because of this more gold is spent on rogue gears than mages. For us every stats count
    Awake your gear yourself and you dont have to pay anyone, Problem solved.
    Your logic is that Rogues are "entitled" to wreck the endgame alone just because the supply of OP gear for rogue is low. which inturn makes the prices high.
    No damage build / PVP mage or warrior goes for gold loot, our stats matter same for us as it does for Rogues.

but a majority of mages only care about awaken as long as it has 100gl or more
    Again that is just your speculation, and I can show you rogues with gold loot and cheap gear as well, but that will be wrong comparison.

You are saying just because there are more players playing Rogue the chances for Rogue item drop should be higher. Which means you want your platinum to have more value than other 2 classes. LMAO, arnt you feel entitled.

You know what will help solve this issue? Class balance. Giving the freedom to players to play any class they want without having the restriction to choose 1 specific class because its the best one all around.

OP is comparing Bow with Aegis.
    Idealy Bow should be compared with Guns and Swords. And Dags vs Staff and Aegis.
    When you compare the new weapons on same groud "IMO" they all stand on same level. If you disagree then you should provide actual numbers/data on it to get it buffed/fixed.

I know my habit of canceling speculations with facts can be annoying, but I am not sorry about it. Infact, get used to it.
    Last edited by PsychoNuke; 01-30-2019 at 12:40 AM.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

banished set *cough cough*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    Awake your gear yourself and you dont have to pay anyone, Problem solved.
    Your logic is that Rogues are "entitled" to wreck the endgame alone just because the supply of OP gear for rogue is low. which inturn makes the prices high.
    No damage build / PVP mage or warrior goes for gold loot, our stats matter same for us as it does for Rogues.

Again that is just your speculation, and I can show you rogues with gold loot and cheap gear as well, but that will be wrong comparison.

You are saying just because there are more players playing Rogue the chances for Rogue item drop should be higher. Which means you want your platinum to have more value than other 2 classes. LMAO, arnt you feel entitled.

You know what will help solve this issue? Class balance. Giving the freedom to players to play any class they want without having the restriction to choose 1 specific class because its the best one all around.

OP is comparing Bow with Aegis.
    Idealy Bow should be compared with Guns and Swords. And Dags vs Staff and Aegis.
    When you compare the new weapons on same groud "IMO" they all stand on same level. If you disagree then you should provide actual numbers/data on it to get it buffed/fixed.

I know my habit of canceling speculations with facts can be annoying, but I am not sorry about it. Infact, get used to it.
    Fact: I dont care what you think. I shared my opinion and now it is sts decision what they wanna do. I dont have time for petty argument.

Good day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Right, thats the usual reaction from people when their speculations are questioned.
    But anyway I didnt expect any logical or intelligent counter to my post, so I am not at all disapointed, and I am happy it stops there.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Lol .... i see my “point” has travelled way out to the outer space xD

P.S : I don’t run for the lb so that is none of my concern but i still want good enough damage and procs for rogue class. Warr and mage can do damage but not rogue? I’m tired of tickling bosses...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Then switch to mage or warrior if you think rogues are useless,problem solve.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Captainrock For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Captainrock View Post

Everyone who has a favorite class should take this advice, am moving my other two chars to end game as we speak.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Captainrock View Post

I have played Rogue class since 2013 and switching to another class isn’t solving the problem. And I’m not saying rogue is useless, I’m saying there should be balance and make rogue be able to damage with the new ebon weapons like others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    Wanna buy ebon daggers 99m?

Yeah, you don't. Enjoy your broken 3m staff (which sts supposedly "nerfed" but seems to still top the charts).
    Why is ebon 99m? bc of the damn supply.
    During the 46 cap the newly released arcanes at that time were already close to 2m not long after the release.
    But sure go ahead and compare those 2 lmao

Rogue's spend 10x more gold than mages and warriors combined to be on LB e.g. gears, energy kits, awakens etc. They are also a lot more dedicated than other classes. ( and no we dont earn significantly more than any other classes). They drop rate for rogues are even rarer than any other classes.
    They arent on LB because if any unbalance, they worked for it now on LB.
    Rogues spend more because of the competition, its same as during 2017 winter event when tree banner was the reward, mages were more expensive to run due to the banner being more attractive to mages, again has to do with competition.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

warrior is also expensive to run

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Once again that is a very false logic. Players irrespective of class spends same amount of money to buy platinum, have same odds to open locks and to get items from the locks.
    The price of Rogue items are high because the number of Rogue players are more in end game compared to other 2 classes.
    Higher number of consumers = less supply and higher demand = higher price of the items, thats simple economics.

If the classees are balanced then the number of players per roles will be somewhat equal like it used to be, and the prices of items will be somewhat equal as it used to be. The prices of Rogue items only raised after all the players switched to Rogue class to farm gold using the Raid Exploit in festerfang expansion.

The hard work and dedication required to play any class is same, mages and warriors also spend the same amount of gold on awakes and they also own best in slot gears. So, my dear Rogues please STOP giving such excuses.
    Putting together fancy words does not make what you said true.

The price of Rogue items are high because the number of Rogue players are more in end game compared to other 2 classes.
    Higher number of consumers = less supply and higher demand = higher price of the items, thats simple economics.
    So higher number rogues imply all rogues are sitting on a mountain of gold? Rogue items are VERY EXPENSIVE because they are RARE and because of PRICE MANIPULATION.
    You have doubts about rarity? All those mire and arcane drops from hydra, if you would be so kind check the drop rates you would find shadow items are the rarest and it is not because there are more buyers. It is simply because shadow drop is very very rare and someone even had to post a screenshot on forums months ago to confirm that shadow mire arti drop in hydra is not a myth.

Not saying that other classes don't work hard. Everyone who wants the best and wants to be the best works hard. It is just pathetic to see the kind of hatred people harbor for the rogue class. We have to put in extra effort and probably wait years for certain gears which the other classes can afford in months.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehazee View Post
    Look at current event lb before talk.
    Facts
    And Blue this is probably the 10th time or more when I am saying this to you. Don't look at the lb in isolation. Mages have had their share of glory time because of lying about the drag staff broken proc and getting away with it for a whole expansion. Mages are OP for mob control, you can't expect mages to be Op in all expansions and at the same time want mages become like rogues.

AND PLEASE DON'T PRETEND DS BROKEN PROC NEVER HAPPENED EVERYONE

(p.s. I don't mind tanks being able to solo bosses with the new weapon, it is okay because warriors have a hard time with bosses)
    Last edited by Bundlos; 01-30-2019 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Wanted to add something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Default Off Topic

Quote Originally Posted by Bundlos View Post
    Putting together fancy words does not make what you said true.
    Just saying its not true is not enough, if you think what I said is false then you should provide proper counter and explination to it.
    Everything I said is either discussed on forums before/ fact checked by devs and/or comes from experience.

Which part on that post you disagree with? and why? Please elaborate.

So higher number rogues imply all rogues are sitting on a mountain of gold?
    I never said that, please read and understand the posts properly before quoting someone.

Rogue items are VERY EXPENSIVE because they are RARE and because of PRICE MANIPULATION.
    You have doubts about rarity? All those mire and arcane drops from hydra, if you would be so kind check the drop rates you would find shadow items are the rarest and it is not because there are more buyers. It is simply because shadow drop is very very rare and someone even had to post a screenshot on forums months ago to confirm that shadow mire arti drop in hydra is not a myth.
    Rogues are Rare? You mean Rogues Items are rare?
    Shadow gear drops in Infested not in Hydra(unless they added them to hydra too), before you blame things on Rarity and RNG atleast try to farm in right maps.
    Or are you only speculating because you dont see those gears in the Auction house? Well try to look for Mind/Force Ring, Pendent and Belt in Auction house too.
    This has beed confirmed by devs that the drop chances of all gears are equal, its just RNG.

Price manipulation affects every class the same way. If every player decide not to pay for the over priced item then the seller has to sell the item cheap/at right price. But then that not how it works, isnt it?

Not saying that other classes don't work hard. Everyone who wants the best and wants to be the best works hard. It is just pathetic to see the kind of hatred people harbor for the rogue class. We have to put in extra effort and probably wait years for certain gears which the other classes can afford in months.
    No body hates Rogues, we (I personaly) just hate speculations.
    The issues you are facing right now with shortage of gears and expensive prices is simply caused because there are more mouths to feed. The class population was somewhat balanced in Nightmare expansion, and the prices of nightmare set were almost same depending on the rarity for every class. I mean atleast the difference was not 30m - 90m.

Solution?: Class balance. Give the freedom to players to play their favorite class, and not forcing/restricting them to switch to a specific class just because one is better than other. Everyclass has their USP, the problem is that the current content is damage friendly. So the changes needs to happen both ways in PVE.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Just saying its not true is not enough, if you think what I said is false then you should provide proper counter and explination to it.
    Everything I said is either discussed on forums before/ fact checked by devs and/or comes from experience.

Which part on that post you disagree with? and why? Please elaborate.

I never said that, please read and understand the posts properly before quoting someone.

Rogues are Rare? You mean Rogues Items are rare?
    Shadow gear drops in Infested not in Hydra(unless they added them to hydra too), before you blame things on Rarity and RNG atleast try to farm in right maps.
    Or are you only speculating because you dont see those gears in the Auction house? Well try to look for Mind/Force Ring, Pendent and Belt in Auction house too.
    This has beed confirmed by devs that the drop chances of all gears are equal, its just RNG.

Price manipulation affects every class the same way. If every player decide not to pay for the over priced item then the seller has to sell the item cheap/at right price. But then that not how it works, isnt it?

No body hates Rogues, we (I personaly) just hate speculations.
    The issues you are facing right now with shortage of gears and expensive prices is simply caused because there are more mouths to feed. The class population was somewhat balanced in Nightmare expansion, and the prices of nightmare set were almost same depending on the rarity for every class. I mean atleast the difference was not 30m - 90m.

Solution?: Class balance. Give the freedom to players to play their favorite class, and not forcing/restricting them to switch to a specific class just because one is better than other. Everyclass has their USP, the problem is that the current content is damage friendly. So the changes needs to happen both ways in PVE.
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...pdate-(259115)

Visit this link. Evidence enough? (The third bullet point). I think you should revise your facts before telling me that I am looking at the wrong map

Another reason I say it is rare is because I know loads of people who constantly run hydra. I would like to mention here that this one specific individual ran hydra all week and dropped 6-7 mire items, and one arcane amulet (all mage and warrior class). I know this is not fake information because I have screenshots of all the drops. It is too good to be a coincidence that all the drops received by people I know have all been mage or warrior class. That pushes me to say rogue items are rare. As far as belt and ring are concerned they don't drop from maps so of course they will be rare for all.