Thread: New Cap Idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Default New Cap Idea

Dear Cinco,

After playing a lot of SL I their are many great aspects of this game that I believe should be implemented in this game. I think the new cap could use harder leveling than previous caps. It seems like last cap we could cap in 3 hours. I think it should take someone at least 48+ hours to cap a character. Also I think we should implement a weekly quest that only gives us one vanity item each week until we complete the entire vanity set like SL. All these things will entice a lot more playing and keep interests high! Those who truly love the game won’t complain about it being harder to cap! This game is all about leveling and farming so these two things should be hard to do and take time especially the leveling considering caps are usually once a year! Lastly a 10 slot trading window like DL will help lower scamming as sets are more than 5 pieces now!
    Last edited by Chaasivab; 02-22-2019 at 04:38 PM.

I don't know how to play video games casually. I'm either not interested at all or I play 16 hours and forget to eat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

48 in game hours is absolutely insane. Any number over 10 is Way too much for an average player.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

As a casual gamer who gravitates to STS' games for their simplicity, I wouldn't particularly enjoy grinding for 48+ hours if I'm being honest. I just wanna PvP.

Other suggestions are dope though!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

48 hour storyline maybe
    Even that is pretty unrealistic to the average player for STS games because most levels are so empty. They should honestly make leveling easier at least until the final 5 levels to encourage players to cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

48+ hours is unheard of. It didn't even take 48+ hours to cap when there were no plat elixirs during the first 'elite cap' at level 56.

I can get behind your other suggestions though. Weekly quests would be an interesting concept and hold the interest of players for a few weeks while new content is potentially being made.

It will always be possible to scam, especially when a player quickly swaps out one item for another. This will actually be more difficult to notice with 10 trade slot windows, but overall they're necessary because sets are bigger than 4 slots now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaasivab View Post
    I think it should take someone at least 48+ hours to cap a character.
    No thank you. Absolutely not!

Links: Pocket Legends Reborn! /// PL Party Zone Discord Server

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    48+ hours is unheard of. It didn't even take 48+ hours to cap when there were no plat elixirs during the first 'elite cap' at level 56.

I can get behind your other suggestions though. Weekly quests would be an interesting concept and hold the interest of players for a few weeks while new content is potentially being made.

It will always be possible to scam, especially when a player quickly swaps out one item for another. This will actually be more difficult to notice with 10 trade slot windows, but overall they're necessary because sets are bigger than 4 slots now.
    I realized 48 hours was excessive lol my bad but it should at least take like 10-15 hours in my opinion

I don't know how to play video games casually. I'm either not interested at all or I play 16 hours and forget to eat.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaasivab For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

Keep the fresh ideas coming, I love your passion for our game.

I do enjoy the challenge of a hard grind. It is far too easy to cap with a pet and plat now.

An added feature of instant cap for over 500 plat per character would be a welcome option for those who do wish to cap faster, with the condition of capping at least one character first.

Regarding the amount of time and xp needed to cap that makes it fun is debatable, everyone has their own comfort zone. For me the longer the better.

I like the idea of a weekly quest to be rewarded a vanity set.

We do need more than 4 pieces in the trade window, considering the super elite 105 set is 6 pieces now.
    Last edited by Fwend; 02-23-2019 at 05:13 AM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

So ... i think these 3 areas are most important for the next update

- Reset ... everything tradable again ... Its virtually impossible to understand the gear you see at the top end of the game ... not only is the gear exclusive but the info on how to get is too. PL reset once before and its time again ... all the same reasons for reset as before apply again. Any new level cap should include reset of gear.

- PvP - honor arena is a great start here .. but we like our "swag" in PL. PvP is farming for gear and builds that looks great and wins. Balance will always be an issue constantly tweaked. I always liked CTF PvP more than the arena venue. Maybe the option to disable all the "swag" while still wearing it is an answer for the the old players. TBH i think this ones on the players more than the devs.

...And finally what i would like to see PL attempt before it goes is:

- Rewards and gear for recruitment and/or mentoring new players into PL. Events at the low end of the game in an effort to keep a new player around (create a new toon and first to cap type event). What kept you coming back to PL when you started? People talk about "old school PL" and the nostalgia of the game as it was back when ... and its true "you cant go back" ... the only reason to go back is to see if anyone new is around to come to the end again ... so lets see if old players would go back?

I know sts goes through this everyday at work with their legend games ... but I would rather see PL "sunsetted" with a "back where it started update" than another cap for old timers to finish in 3 hours then stand around in some new town in new gear for a day before they quit the game again.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ImRandy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    We do need more than 4 pieces in the trade window, considering the super elite 105 set is 6 pieces now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    Cinco's latest comments regarding the suggestion to increase the total trade slots from 4 to 8 can be found here: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...=1#post2932814

Links: Pocket Legends Reborn! /// PL Party Zone Discord Server