Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Emma

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Default Emma

Has anyone figured out what really makes Emma respawn her health?? Some say it's standing too close, but I've seen her health respawn when everyone was standing at the wall. I thought it was the group of faces. Avoid those, and it won't happen. However, after last night, I saw people get hit with the group of faces. They got knocked back, but no health respawn.

I think it's ridiculous that people are getting called out, booted, called noobs, or exhibit b, and there is there is no clear understanding of what causes the reset. Personally, I think it's just a random thing.

Any devs that would like to clear this up, and help keep the peace?? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

PS - I thought it was pretty funny when I saw one guild member call another guild member exhibit b. I'd never join a guild where they call each other out publicly. And this was one of the "top" guilds. Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I think it is running out of room, that is what I've heard lately!!!

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

It seems the other "rumor" is that she resets when particular skills are done during the small circle phase, instead of just sticking to auto attack.

tbh, I'd rather the being hit by group of faces (from the small circle) one be the "drain", if there was a legitimate drain at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Yep, I'd say it's gotta do with the faces, or it's just random. I once saw her show a red face. I didn't pay attention at the time to see if that corralated to her health respawn though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Everything about Emma seems random to me. I have seen her regen 4 or 5 times with full groups, with a solo player - in fact with solo players of all three classes, with different combinations of skills, with people near the wall, near her, or running back tween her and wall tween the white ghosts.

I and others have been killed standing near her, standing at the wall, and standing out in the hallway a good 10 or 12 feet out in the hallway. She is definently doable, but it mainly, I guess just takes persistance. I wish there was some more definitive info.

I haven't done her a lot since the update that made fighting her more fun, because I have just been trying to take advantage of the November accelerated xp.

You can definently beat her, just seems real random.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Im a tank and ive solo'd her once, no clue what it is but its quite annoying when those that say it standing close boot you, blaming u for the problem, its not as big a deal now that they weakened her some.
    Theonly possibility i see is that its random

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

If you see Emma regain health during a fight, and she was not leashed (a leash is when you run out of a room, or someone does, that she has aggro on) then you should report this in our bug section. Try to remember any steps that you can to re-produce the issue.

Emma does not have a life steal / regen mechanic in her fight and anything resulting in her doing that is either due to her resetting or a bug.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JSL For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Holy moly, I somehow knew deep down inside that it was a bug and not intended

+1 for moi!

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

If you're certain it's not due to someone running out, and, you're comfortable it won't result in your death then attempt a re-pro.

If you're not comfortable with that; don't die. Instead, try to tell us via the bug forum page how we can re-pro.

Remember; Flip and Stamos die for YOU.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I've notice her full health regen was when I was duoing with my partner. Each time I die and come back, about five seconds later, she will regen to full health.

I tested again if it was true, and she did gain full health when I enter the room again. My partner did not die the whole time. I thought it was a bug and was a little upset and confused of how did she manage to gain health.

Leaving room meaning any deaths?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JohnStamosLives:498246
    If you see Emma regain health during a fight, and she was not leashed (a leash is when you run out of a room, or someone does, that she has aggro on) then you should report this in our bug section. Try to remember any steps that you can to re-produce the issue.

Emma does not have a life steal / regen mechanic in her fight and anything resulting in her doing that is either due to her resetting or a bug.

Oh, my!! (Trying to think of some way Aunt Emma might have worded it, lol). Thank you for that info. Exactly what we needed. Thank you so much.

Yeah, it seems so random. Because there are times she doesn't regen at all. But then, under what seems like identical circumstances, she will regen 4 or 5 times, lol. Thanks again.

Can't wait to try again!
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    Oh, my!! (Trying to think of some way Aunt Emma might have worded it, lol). Thank you for that info. Exactly what we needed. Thank you so much.

Yeah, it seems so random. Because there are times she doesn't regen at all. But then, under what seems like identical circumstances, she will regen 4 or 5 times, lol. Thanks again.

Can't wait to try again!

I've noticed this too, the first time I tried fighting her she regened about 7 time but every time I fought her after that she's never respawned.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Although it appears to be a bug as mentioned, I do believe that there is something that triggers the bug rather than a random event. I've lvled a bird to 66 doing Emma runs half of the time, a pally to 66 doing Emma runs almost exclusively, and am about 1/4 of the way for a war bird doing Emma about 75% of the time. I haven't used my bear against her yet, so I can't speak on that. I am fairly certain that none of the bird skills are the trigger since I've been in a group of all brids and have used every offensive and debuffing bird skill on her where we stomped her down without a single regen everytime for about 2 hours of nonstop runs. With the mage, I've noticed that she regens at times when I use Weakness, but have had no problems with Nightmare or any other skills. The regen with Weakness could be due to the actions of other players, but there was one group I ran with for a few dozen runs where the regens stopped when Weakness was no longer used. In times where we smashed her without regen, there were times we were all lazy and hugged the wall and there were times where we went up close, just close enough for bird screams and Ice Storm for combos. We would swooped in to get off a single combo before retreating to a safe distance and waiting for the next wall to get close again. We ALWAYS avoided her initial wall attack, and did not attempt to get close when she was "dancing" and getting ready for that wall attack. When we're attacking in unison, moving close for that one opportunity right after her wall attack then away until she gets it off again, we have never had her regen. The key may be to stay away when she is dancing getting ready to fire off the first wall, then get far enough away after you get that first combo off and make sure you time it well and don't get greedy. What I believe I have ruled out.

1. All bird skills.
    2. All mage skills other than Weakness.
    3. Well timed and well exectued close up attacks.

Any other things we can rule out will likley be useful for the devs to figure out the trigger and provide a future fix.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder:498254
    Holy moly, I somehow knew deep down inside that it was a bug and not intended

+1 for moi!
    Just out of curiosity, if you had a thought that it was a bug, why'd you call out one of your guild members last night?? "Exhibit B"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I have seen her regen w/o any deaths, near the beginning of when everyone goes in. I've seen her NOT regen when everyone's died, etc. I thought it was just a heal based off of one of her small circles but I'm not very sure about it.

Nonetheless, it's rare enough and she's easy enough to kill that it's not been a problem lately, if you can survive her that is. Most people should be able to survive her now, with a lot of pot spamming.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JohnStamosLives View Post

Why are you just saying this now? This has been talked about and discussed on the forums since day of mt fang release. Maybe it's something you guys should look into.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Remember; Flip and Stamos die for YOU. [/URL]
    Is this just in game?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    Why are you just saying this now? This has been talked about and discussed on the forums since day of mt fang release. Maybe it's something you guys should look into.
    As much as I wish we could be, we're not omniscient. I've fought Emma -hundreds- of times and have not seen her do this to date. That's why it's important to get as much data as possible; the more data we get the more likely we are to re-produce the issue.

If you feel that we may have missed something; either in a forum post or elsewhere you can always send us a private message. Further, post in the technical and bug support forums.

Your feedback is invaluable in our mutual quest to obtain the best play experience possible.

That being said, we do not KNOW if this is or is not an actual bug. If a player dies and revives or runs back, but is outside of the "fight," it's possible that she might reset / leash. That's intentional.

Hence, data!

Let's start a thread in the PL bugs section and see if we can gather data from player experience. We've had some fantastic video footage as well as anecdotal information from players recently that really helps us knock bugs out of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Is this just in game?
    Indeed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Indeed.
    Ooops. I guess I need to cancel that match I had lined up between you guys and Junior dos Santos Almeida...

22.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts