Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Emma

North Pole, Alaska...(i am dead serious).
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok i guess all the times i used ice and then fire resulting in ema healing was purely coincidence lol:S this has happened probably a dozen times with me.... I can get her to almost to hp a few timesthen after the whole fight ice ice-fire combp and she healed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Udiemorenoob View Post
    Ok i guess all the times i used ice and then fire resulting in ema healing was purely coincidence lol:S this has happened probably a dozen times with me.... I can get her to almost to hp a few timesthen after the whole fight ice ice-fire combp and she healed
    I'd like to see this confirmed because I have NOT seen this, with whole groups of mages including myself, all doing our combos. In fact, we think combos are the fastest way of taking her down.

And then how do you explain those times when she heals and no one has died or moved much or had a chance to do much of anything? Because she has healed near the beginning of fights, when she's barely scratched.

Star light, star bright...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

The regains are ONLY possible when Emma does that special thingy.

During that time some SKILLS trigger the regain. Those skills are:

Thorns made by Avians

Ices made by Enchantress

Somehow those skills cause the weird trigger that helps her regain her HP fully. This is concluded by the experience of tens of runs of Emma with no regains in a row.

Maybe it has something to do that both of these skills have 2 forms, other is for a single target and other is for several targets and they both stuck the enemies? Rly weird bug that is all I got to say.
    Last edited by dudetus; 12-01-2011 at 05:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I'm so confused by this boss, after update she went full health 5 times after getting her 50% and 25% beat which is way more then normally people tell me "don't use buffs" others say "don't use debuffs" others "only auto!" witch is horrible for me because I use sword and they say stay far away lol... Well I avoided this boss on my potless grind to 65 because of all this but now I just want to know haha

Help anyone??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CodyBearr View Post
    I'm so confused by this boss, after update she went full health 5 times after getting her 50% and 25% beat which is way more then normally people tell me "don't use buffs" others say "don't use debuffs" others "only auto!" witch is horrible for me because I use sword and they say stay far away lol... Well I avoided this boss on my potless grind to 65 because of all this but now I just want to know haha

Help anyone??
    There is another thread where JSL explains that it is a bug with her leash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Both these skills have a short proximity, so you would have to be in fairly close range to make use of them. There have been times where she regens when all toons are sitting back using ranged attacks and not moving, so I'd rule out the bird and mage skills as the definitive trigger. This is speculation I've just thought of, but I think that the way you enter the room and engage her may be the trigger to wheather or not the healing will activate, and if it does, I think is it random. Time for me to get some testing done tonight after work!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Thanks stomp I will go take a look

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

You guys should realize that the combination is practically infinite (for those who have better things to do in life). In a group of 5, where the possibility of three classes is a given variable, each can cast multiple spells at varying orders (in speed and timing), spells that are cast and that aren't cast (maybe in a group of 5 where two mages, one mage cast heal the other freeze, maybe both don't cast heal at all just use pots...), one member who leaves the room and sometimes two, sometimes three...sometimes none...not to mention if a party only consists of two...or maybe three and probably the two-playered party consists of a mage and a bird who casts nature strike and some may not, or probably two bears and one has bow and the other not bow...do you see my point? People will claim a certain combination or action triggers it, but in reality, anything that is identified as "not" a trigger can be claimed as a "potential" trigger which is close to a "practical" infinite (again, unless you're willing to spend time to create a permutation table for this...by all means). If we are going to do process of elimination, then good luck, tell me the result when I'm level 100 LoL. Just to share to this topic, I've seen everything posted in this forum and I can confidently say that none of the "potential" triggers is true as I have seen it done (or not done) yet emma regens hp (or not regen hp). Even the leash is improbable because I've been in parties where we're all in thrashers (maybe thrashers triggers it? ) and we're all wacking away in close quarters the entire time and guess what, she healed not only once, not twice, but thrice...To the devs, Players aren't testers, it's really unique that you are asking us, players, to give you data when in fact data gathering should have been done prior to release, hence, beta versions, hence, game testers...saying that you do not have clear grasp of the alleged "bug" is like saying you don't really know what's going OMG I created a monster with a mind of its own. I mean no disrespect but not only am I a gamer, I'm also part of system where responsibilities are well delegated and I know this unknown "bug" is your responsibility and not the players' so rather than put the burden on players' inputs before doing anything at all, just admit it, you screwed up on emma period. Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

definetly a bug imo... and actually its impossible to beat her without elix bcz of the random hp regens.. :/
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JohnStamosLives:498246
    If you see Emma regain health during a fight, and she was not leashed (a leash is when you run out of a room, or someone does, that she has aggro on) then you should report this in our bug section. Try to remember any steps that you can to re-produce the issue.

Emma does not have a life steal / regen mechanic in her fight and anything resulting in her doing that is either due to her resetting or a bug.
    I've got a question...is Emma on a room leash or radius?

Ariskabar (warrior 66), Weoki (mage 52), Hanaty (bird 61), Bucketofbolts (mage 30) Visit my threat guide! Join The Farmers' Collective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

the key is to not use your mana shield. She steals it and regains her health.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204:499600
    No, that isn't the issue. JSL stated the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnStamosLives:498475
    This should be fixed in the next update.

It *was* a problem with her leashing.
    Please go the the link he started above.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think we just all need to be nice to the girl. She seems to have so much rage built up. Take her for a stroll down Forest Haven and and show her a good time at Nuri's Circus. She really is such a sweetheart!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    Ikr !!?! So obvious...

And you should also make sure to boot every player wearing big luck before fighting her, that these noobs can't steel your pinks
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaunab For This Useful Post:

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #36
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

North Pole, Alaska...(i am dead serious).
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Like i said, it must have been a coincedence. There were times i would use the combo and she woul'nt heal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits:499302
    definetly a bug imo... and actually its impossible to beat her without elix bcz of the random hp regens.. :/
    This is furthest from the truth. I've beaten her countless times without anyone using elixirs. Beaten her with just my bear and a mage and my bear and a bird.
    I've had countless runs where she has healed and countless where she hasn't healed.
    I've been told it's beckon that heals her but I've used beckon every time & 1/2 the time she doesn't heal, so that's not it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Battlelock View Post
    This is furthest from the truth. I've beaten her countless times without anyone using elixirs. Beaten her with just my bear and a mage and my bear and a bird.
    I've had countless runs where she has healed and countless where she hasn't healed.
    I've been told it's beckon that heals her but I've used beckon every time & 1/2 the time she doesn't heal, so that's not it.
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....