Thread: Killjoy scaling issue?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    936 Posts

Default Killjoy scaling issue?

So i started leveling a new character, killjoy is unavoidable and he's ridiculously over-levelled to the point where he takes barely any damage and almost 1-shots my Lv2 mage in brackenridge, so i guess no leveling any alts until the event is over.

The scaling should be adjusted for the brand new players trying to play the game, or at least not have him spawn in the early maps.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

I agree, new players will delete the game in the first 5 minutes if they cant even survive the first map
    Don't quote me

3. The Following User Says Thank You to VenomSet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Those bosses that ran away at least newbies can ignore. Kiljoy is nasty for sure.

Star light, star bright...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts

Yes, I made a thread about this too. I purposely made a character because I noticed all the deaths on the new players kdr and suspected Killjoy. It's impossible to do the quests and also means that low levels can't join in with the event yet again.
    So I went to Windmoore and took some newbies through on my main. You'd be surprised at how many higher levels were doing the same which I think shows that there are many nice players in AL. We just hear about the not so nice.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

I agree, Kil'joy is extremely strong. Way too strong in fact, he puts the (Broken/Unbalanced) rogue class to shame with his insane damage/stun combo's per second.

I'm not even exaggerating, i've created a new toon just to see how much of a threat Kil'joy truly is and he put me in a coma the moment he
    spawned in the 1st map of brackenridge.

He wiped me and some random low level, i told the new player what are the thoughts on this game? and the new player just left the map.
    Not sure if the individual logged off or not.

I've even checked the google play store reviews and i've seen a ton of players complaining of Kil'joy being overpowered in the reviews section.

At Lv5-66 Kil'joy is a nightmare, without a tank in the map. You are dead the moment Kil'joy spawns.

Kil'joy needs a mega nerf. And i mean a M.E.G.A. Nerf. Make Kil'joy a punching bag, let us slaughter him mercilessly, he doesn't deserve any ability to fight back for all the trouble he has put everyone through.
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 02-05-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I was toying with hardcore mode. The only way I was able to progress was by parking Killjoy and then re-entering the same map. It worked most maps, not all. I eventually died doing bard dailes as there was an animation for the boss spawn and Killjoy spawned at the same time. I was stuck in the cutscene and got one shotted from Killjoy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    I was toying with hardcore mode. The only way I was able to progress was by parking Killjoy and then re-entering the same map. It worked most maps, not all. I eventually died doing bard dailes as there was an animation for the boss spawn and Killjoy spawned at the same time. I was stuck in the cutscene and got one shotted from Killjoy.
    RIP

#11chars
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post
    I agree, Kil'joy is extremely strong. Way too strong in fact, he puts the (Broken/Unbalanced) rogue class to shame with his insane damage/stun combo's per second.
    Amazing how rogue fanatics take the chance to make every thread a rogue this- rogue that thread. Don't make every issue a rogue issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    So i started leveling a new character, killjoy is unavoidable and he's ridiculously over-levelled to the point where he takes barely any damage and almost 1-shots my Lv2 mage in brackenridge, so i guess no leveling any alts until the event is over.

The scaling should be adjusted for the brand new players trying to play the game, or at least not have him spawn in the early maps.
    It does seem that there is a scaling issue. I tested it out with level 2, 57, and 60 characters. It was impossible to kill kiljoy at 2. The level 57 could take him on fine in non-xp maps but was hit hard in xp gaining maps. 60 fared fine. However, the scaling for kiljoy in story tokens quest was way off.