Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Lv. 105 5v5 “Shadow Fight!” End of Cap Tournament idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    This is a 5V5 not a 3v3. Its a problem in a 5v5 but in a 3v3 the rhino stands less of a chance due to not having the mage to back it up. Still even eith another str class on the team (I.E bear) thats 2 tanks and 1 dps with one of the tanks being a healer.
    this is one prob with tourney but host plays rhino and wont admit rhino broke this cap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

This is a 5V5 not a 3v3. Its a problem in a 5v5 but in a 3v3 the rhino stands less of a chance due to not having the mage to back it up. Still even eith another str class on the team (I.E bear) thats 2 tanks and 1 dps with one of the tanks being a healer.
    I don't think you've been paying attention. Rhino REPLACES MAGE. Meaning you can either have a mage on your team as your healer or a rhino on your team as a healer. That makes a major difference in PvP fights. I've done rhino longer than most here active on PL to know how much of a downfall that combination is.

The rhino will not be able to keep constant heals to keep off HS/Roots/Nightmare and Weakness/Fox howl/Darts/SMS stun/Frost and ice storm. Not only will it have to work overtime to keep the constant Debuffs off but it will also have to keep the birds or foxes full HP as much as possible. The entire thing will just be the other team attacking all the damage classes before going to finish the rhino.

On top of that Rhinos will be using Str Set instead of dex. Tankyness with no damage output on tempest or Juiced combo(which was nerfed by 15% burying the class in twink) so this is also a downfall.

Still off topic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Its irrelevant to what it replaces. Even if it replaces a mage, rhinos in str gear IN teams where you have DEBUFFS galore. You will have a hard time killing a tank/healer class combined with a mage healer. Ive gone over it many time since 105 cap began. I dont have to play the class to explain how tanky it is in teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    At the same time the team doesn't have a ACTUAL HEALER. Rhinos now are brutes that tank but barely does that good. If you knew anything you'd have known that rhinos have lower base health than mages making them easier to kill compared to bear. If you couldn't adapt to finding ways of countering the class then it's just your fault. I've played both sides and not once have I complained outside of what 17 rhinos and pure stat rhinos was.
    I don't think you've been paying attention. Rhino REPLACES MAGE. Meaning you can either have a mage on your team as your healer or a rhino on your team as a healer. That makes a major difference in PvP fights. I've done rhino longer than most here active on PL to know how much of a downfall that combination is.

The rhino will not be able to keep constant heals to keep off HS/Roots/Nightmare and Weakness/Fox howl/Darts/SMS stun/Frost and ice storm. Not only will it have to work overtime to keep the constant Debuffs off but it will also have to keep the birds or foxes full HP as much as possible. The entire thing will just be the other team attacking all the damage classes before going to finish the rhino.

On top of that Rhinos will be using Str Set instead of dex. Tankyness with no damage output on tempest or Juiced combo(which was nerfed by 15% burying the class in twink) so this is also a downfall.

Still off topic.
    You must be either im guessing? Read the post? Its a 5v5 not a 3v3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

You must be either im guessing? Read the post? Its a 5v5 not a 3v3
    I've already said that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JJXEJECT View Post
    I got Dollotism reading this.
    YUS keep it going. That's what this thread is about!
    Happy Holidays!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irishcow View Post
    YUS keep it going. That's what this thread is about!
    grow up.

8+3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burntoutdex View Post
    grow up.

8+3
    Is the answer 83?
    Happy Holidays!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Its irrelevant to what it replaces. Even if it replaces a mage, rhinos in str gear IN teams where you have DEBUFFS galore. You will have a hard time killing a tank/healer class combined with a mage healer. Ive gone over it many time since 105 cap began. I dont have to play the class to explain how tanky it is in teams.
    At the same time the team doesn't have a ACTUAL HEALER. Rhinos now are brutes that tank but barely does that good. If you knew anything you'd have known that rhinos have lower base health than mages making them easier to kill compared to bear. If you couldn't adapt to finding ways of countering the class then it's just your fault. I've played both sides and not once have I complained outside of what 17 rhinos and pure stat rhinos was.

Still off topic.
    I've already said that?
    So its irrelavent to say that the rhino soley can heal off all the debuffs but if you include the mage, it can. The rhino nerf is irrelavent to this conversation. The whole point is that the rhino with str set is ridiculously tanky in teams. This is due to the combination of debuffs and heals. This is why i smashed all str rhinos at this cap with mage. They are complete garbage solo. With teams they can take alot more damage. They stand more of an advantage vs a 2 mage team. A rhino added to a team in a 5v5 is essentially adding another tank with the capability of healing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

This thread is full of people raging and it’s honestly a joke. I’m trying to make this tourney happen for the fun of it and am in NO WAY trying to give myself an advantage. The team layouts aren’t changing unless I feel there is a better way to go about a 5v5. I won’t force people who play rhino to use an INT set just because other people want to use 2 mages, there’s an opinion to use 2 mages or one mage and one rhino, it’s not like my team is the only one allowed a rhino, if you don’t like it, have a rhino on your team. Stop arguing on this thread, if you wanna participate by all means do it. Everyone who played this game faithfully like myself in 2011+ we are at least 18 years of age now. You people honestly need to grow up. I have to say I haven’t seen any more grown men and women act like pure CHILDREN anywhere else besides the PL community. This is why the game goes in active, thanks to the immaturity of this community. Stop arguing it does nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

105 is tragically unbalanced. You want to come to 110.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to fruitbattwo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

UPDATE:

Check the original post.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Does the link not work on mobile devices?

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Absolize View Post
    This thread is full of people raging and it’s honestly a joke.
    A PL tourney isn't a tourney without it these days honestly, lol.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idevour View Post
    Does the link not work on mobile devices?
    It should. Try removing the /r

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    A PL tourney isn't a tourney without it these days honestly, lol.
    Sadly, now I see what you deal with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Tournaments are hard.

Don’t be discouraged. :-)
    Last edited by Waydog; 02-08-2019 at 12:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Absolize View Post
    Let’s not start with the drama. Keep it out of my thread if it’s drama involving my guild, and Dolloway, you don’t need to start being toxic because you don’t like Apex.
    Oh really, so funny to hear that from you. First of all, learn to respect others in the game, learn to talk nicely. Whats that hypocrisy? You literally trash talk every time i see you in the game, then you come up with tournament thread and ask people not to be toxic? And hows he toxic? Please tell me, because i dont see anything.

I can agree with everything what dollo said, not cuz hes my friend or something, just cuz its facts. This cap is pretty bad for pvp cuz of random factor and also chants. Theres tons of constructive feedback about this caps pvp. Stop relying on random, you have lost honor tournament first round to twink pvpers, so you again need another tournament where random matters.

And other mature guy comes up with "cry", thinks hes so good troll. it just shows that you are still under aged and gives others spanish facepalms. Dont come to forums if you have nothing constructive to say, thanks.

Name:  08-50-07-attachment.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  25.4 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Flacs man we have moved on from this, please stop with the drama by not saying anything about what’s happened in the past. Let’s move on and continue to discuss the tourney and not our differences. Please and thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NukeDragon View Post
    Flacs man we have moved on from this, please stop with the drama by not saying anything about what’s happened in the past. Let’s move on and continue to discuss the tourney and not our differences. Please and thank you.
    Another hypocrisy, then why did u guys even start to troll? Lol
    I said my opinion about this tournament, please read my reply once again.
    Have a nice Day!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

I dont even play but id advise anyone who still pvp's at endgame to test how tanky rhinos are in teams. Id suggest banning both fox and rhino, but thats just me.
    As i said. Str Rhinos are extremely tanky in teams. They are terrible solo which is exactly why hook was switching between dex and str throughout L105 cap. Those who are pushing this forward without seeing how broken tanky str rhinos are in teams are not taking precautions to apex trying to create a tournament to suite their fancy. Ironic enough the host plays rhino
    Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    I vote for this not to take place at level 105 proc pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    No thank you.

- enchantments
    - game winning rng procs
    - rhinos
    - too many players to get on at once
    - lots of people sold gear already
    - lots of work, chaotic, big headache (see: Ghost's 5v5 tourney that so many people complained about)
    - new cap incoming and it doesn't make sense to spend a ton on gear right now
    - the new cap might roll out before the conclusion of this tournament ESPECIALLY if it's a 5v5 tourney that takes an awful lot of time to schedule and organize matches

So yeah, I'm out. My guild is pretty much inactive until the next cap too. Endgame pvp has been pretty much dead.

I'd advise someone to hold out and host an endgame tournament once the new cap rolls around. Right now it doesn't make much sense for me or others to join one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    Tourney to revive endgame pvp using the gear/class that those gear/class killed the endgame pvp in the first place, sounds perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitbattwo View Post
    You can always tell how well a tourney holds up by how soon the drama starts. Looks like this one’s history....
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitbattwo View Post
    105 is tragically unbalanced. You want to come to 110.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTS View Post
    tourney should be hosted by dev not player who is biased and shady and rigs tourney i would never trust muzzling or his friends to ever host another tourney
    ^ I completely agree with all of the above feedback.

Going forward, in the interest of a fair and impartial host and in a tourney being managed with honesty and integrity, whenever STS is sponsoring prizes, only STS staff should be allowed to fill the role of tournament host. STS could tap members of the community to handle trivial administrative tasks throughout the duration of tournaments they are sponsoring, but anything that could effect the outcome, including the tourney rules, number of teams, team assignments, byes and disqualifications, should be limited only to being decided and carried out by STS staff.

Links: Pocket Legends Reborn! /// PL Party Zone Discord Server