Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: moving ro the right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default moving ro the right

its was doing this before when the update for swamp was put out .however sts did fix it but now its happening again .i just randomly more to the right at times . i have a Samsung s9 . I know its not my phone is it possible that you guys (sts) look into this thanks

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I move to the left.. Samsung galaxy tab a

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

This is seriously a major deterent from fun. Not only does my toon start to run (usually to the left), i very frequently have skill fails. When it happens and im in a map where monsters are present i can assume its an interruption to my attack caused by an enemy, but when it happens and theres nothing around, i.e. in guildhall, in towns, etc., it tells me theres a problem with something.

Its not my internet because it happens when my wifi is strong. It could be my tablet, i suppose i cant rule that out. But it could also be a bug. This issue has been plaguing me for several years. Yes, years. Ive referenced this issue in the past and was it was explained to be corrupted data packs, and i wanted it to be that so badly because i could fix that..but thats not what it is. It's something the devs should really look into.

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,889 Posts

If you can come up with a reliable way to make it happen, please let us know the exact steps.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I dont think i can just 'make it happen'. If it were that simple id just stop doing whatever is making it happen. I can try recording it. Would that help?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

This happens to me when I play on an older device.

Feels like the screen can't handle all the tapping and has a bit of a meltdown. Mostly during hydra runs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    If you can come up with a reliable way to make it happen, please let us know the exact steps.
    What he speaks of happens very randomly, thus making it hard to replicate.....

To kind of explain it more clearly, when controlling a character with the "D-Pad", sometimes during action (usually during or right after battle) the "character" begins to move on "their own" and the only way to "break free" from it/"cancel it out" is to go into menu and "select"/"go into" a "tab" ("stable, items, etc.) then once you "X" out, you "regain" full control and the character's "self movement/control" ceases.....

From my experience, it mostly happens in the "right" or "right diagonal" direction.... Always a %100 "straight" movement, no turns or direction changes...........

Basically, when this incident occurs, you are "prevented" from moving the character in the "other" directions while attempting to do so using the "D-Pad".... If you attempt to move the character using the "D-Pad" when it's under "self control/movement", it will just "stop" and do absolutely "nothing", it will just stand there until you have "stopped" touching the "D-Pad", and then it will resume moving on it's own...........

Happened to me while on playing on "android" (various samsung phones over the past couple years)........ Not sure if I can remember it happening on PC........

You have to just keep running maps using android until you encounter this..... The tombs is a good place for this occurrence......... LOL.....

There is no set "frequency" when it comes to how often this occurs..... It can go a day or couple days without it happening, it can happen more than once in 1 day, it can have a "streak" where it sort of happens at least once per day for a stretch of a couple of days.... Very random.........

Seems like a "small" issue but, when this actually happens during actual gameplay (especially when fighting curse mages, and dealing with deadly pools + 1 shots), it will drive you absolutely insane.... My device almost ended up in pieces a couple times, which is why I decided to help out the OP and elaborate on this a bit..... LOL......

Just in case, the following are the samsung devices that I can "remember" using when encountering this: S6 edge, S7 edge, J7 Prime, J7 Sky Pro.... The point in time in which each device was used is unclear with the exception of the J7 Sky Pro, that's current........
    Last edited by Motherless_Child; 02-07-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Is this any way related to the bug in the "Forgotten Ruins" map? Like after the boss is killed, your stuck in moving motion even though you dont touch the joystick?

Or maybe you mean like a "lag lock" thing? Where you get a lag spike and when your ping clears down, your stuck without control?

Sounds like the first i mentioned, and you can clear the malfunction just like post #7 says. I think it would be easiest to reproduce in the forgotten ruins, after the boss is killed. Ive only experienced it on Rogue, havent played there on others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

If it's the old auto-movement bug, you can stop it by opening the Quest tab. It'll stop that movement.

But recently, one time, I came across a different movement bug that did not disappear w/ the Quest tab opened. It required I think a different Menu open before it reset. It only happened, maybe a couple of updates ago, and has not happened since, so I do not remember the exact menu.

Also, I get a bug w/ King Ditty sometimes, that requires relogging actually before that toon can move again. Previously, the bug would go away if I just exited the Minstrel Story and went back in. Or if I just killed the Duke before the King. However, recently I had one where I was stuck for awhile until I relogged. Has not happened since though, so not sure if it can still happen.

Star light, star bright...