Thread: (My Opinion On) What The Next Cap Should Entail (PVE)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Post (My Opinion On) What The Next Cap Should Entail (PVE)

As I mentioned before... this new cap is essentially all or nothing for Pocket Legends... so as players, what are we looking for?

First off, I never liked experience orbs, I miss the grind of getting EXP Directly from enemies, if that means buffing it up to 100-150 Exp a Kill, thats what we should do. And I myself am also not a big fan of the Secondary Enemies, the super OP ones that make runs 20 minutes long, it gets boring after a time.

Secondly, Bosses. We havent had a challenging boss since 80 cap, I really miss the gameplay involved with these bosses such as gurgox, or the Ancient SandCaves, that take technique aswell as skill to kill the boss as fast as possible while surviving. Id say stear clear of bosses that do no damage, are low hitpoints, boring to play, such as warlord prison bosses, and the Elite Dragon boss.

Let me know what you guys think of this, and any other suggestions would be awesome.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoplons For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

The lower level caps had such amazing bosses that required teamwork and technique to defeat.

AO3:
    Overlord (way overused now though)
    Gurgox

Sewers:
    Goldfever (destroy the chests before they hurt you)
    Cockroach (destroy the trash cans before the roach can feed on them and regain health)
    King&Queen (pull the king out so the queen can't heal, and then go in the room and finish the queen)
    Swill Pitz (destroy the totem before the boss heals)

Nuri's Hallows:
    Mime (destroy the two minions before killing the boss)
    Snake Charmer (avoid traps and the aoe blast)
    Nuri (charge up the lighted up mirrors in order to heal off Nuri's debuffs and finish off Nuri)
    Strongman (weights falling from the sky that would damage and stun you)

Mount Fang:
    Emma (aoe attack that would launch/kill players if they got too close, forcing players to fight from the edges of the room)
    Vlad (four mage minions have to be destroyed first, then Vlad will charge up his attack. You need to kite as much as possible, otherwise you'll be one-shotted when he sucks/pulls you in)
    Edward (spawns a vampire minion and also charges up an attack that stuns the group and sucks the life out of them. Very fitting for a vampire boss)

There isn't much tactic for Humania bosses so I won't mention those. I'll stop there.

Anyway, I'm not suggesting to reuse bosses, but it would be nice to have to fight new bosses that require certain techniques or tactics. Maybe a bear has to pull a boss to a zone/circle in order to do damage to it, the boss would charge three times out of the circle for every 30% of health lost and the bear/team would have to pull it back into the zone that it's weak in.

Maybe there's a boss that debuffs everyone with poison and the only way to stop it is through rhino's Guardian spell.

Maybe there are switches that light up on the map during a boss fight and the only two classes that can reach the switches in time before the timer runs out are foxes/rhinos with dashes/charges. Alternatively, maybe there's a speed orb, but only one player can use this orb to reach the switch in time.

Maybe a boss shoots out aoe ice spikes that can only be deflected/melted by a mage's firestorm.

I don't know, just throwing ideas out there. There are plenty of potential ideas that could work and require more tactics/teamwork for boss fights than what we currently have.
    Last edited by Dolloway; 02-07-2019 at 11:11 PM.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Just thinking about some of those classic bosses from Alien Oasis, Sewers, and even Nuri's (Nuri's for me though was when the game transitioned past it's 'golden era') had an AMAZING PvE structure. Running maps was a pleasure with friends. Bosses required strategy. I feel an overwhelming sense of nostalgia recalling even a handful of those memorable bosses.

The reintroduction of challenging and exciting bosses is undoubtedly integral for a successful new 110 cap.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

What about Myxx, Ayz, and the bear of the l105 maps? Those are technically bosses, along with the dragon and overlord of l95-100 maps. Maybe not too challenging or take thought to kill but still a boss. I think one that takes certain combos of skills to kill would be nice. Like making a mega combo versus a boss to take boss down would be nice for learning combos.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NukeDragon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

As a pure farmer myself.

I rather enjoyed the introduction of the blue guardians. Working as a team trying to pull as many as you can. You certainly do no solo the map because you can not spawn as many blue guardians.

When 105 cap came, the blue guardians was new and gave amazing xp orbs. It certainly made pvp different.
    The first 5 hours its was easy to cap within 2-3 hours, in turn the xp orbs got nerfed and capping to 105 took around 16-20 hours depending on your team and elixirs.

When the new pets came the Warbird. It was less of challenge to cap. It took around 6-10 hours to cap to level 100 to 105.

Again when Tinsel and Gleam got introduced more became powerful now it takes 2-5 hours to cap to level 105.

The quest line of The Mad Mage's Maze forced players to complete the quests, kill the boss 100 times before unlocking the next stage. And different gear was looted in different maps. Cinco again kindly listened and added the ability of the Birthday Buckler to reward quest chances bonuses from the Blue Guardians.

I personally loved the introduction of the Blue Guardians and how the pull range of mobs have been decreased, forcing team members to stay in closer proximity to spawn the Blue Guardians.

The long boring grind in Mega Maze with plat, or even when The Mad Mage's Maze was introduced some players even resorted to capping to 105 in the Oktal Odessey campaign, thankfully Cinco nerfed that so level 100 no longer got xp orbs there.

The purpose of a new Campaign is to run those maps to cap? to have fun and experience the work STS has created and to loot the new gear.

Choosing the plat option to cap via older Plat maps campaigns or Mega Maze really doesn't make use of the new designed maps.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

It's not really "all or nothing" since basically every cap since 77 has been lackluster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

One thing to keep in mind is that for a game with such a very, very tiny community, it can be hard for players to find teams to run maps with, especially once all the hype dies down about the new 110 cap.

When that happens, and people have a very difficult time finding parties to run with, having maps that cannot be soloed will surely kill off PvE at a fast pace.

That being said, there really should be both the maps balanced for multi-player, and a set of maps that are balanced for solo players. That way, if you cannot find a good party, at least you can go solo and still enjoy the game when you hop on to play.

We see maps balanced for both solo and for multi-player in events, so this concept is already in place. In the interest of people being able to play whenever they want, regardless of how inactive the game is at the time, let's see this get done for the 110 expansion and for any new level cap expansions going forward.

Links: Pocket Legends Reborn! /// PL Party Zone Discord Server