Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: All Or Nothing STS

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Exclamation All Or Nothing STS

The towns used to be full. forest haven especially. all I see is one player in forest haven, and hes probably struggling to understand the game. This next cap is all or nothing. if it bombs, this game will die for good. if its a success, it will bring back players.

Dont get me wrong im grateful you guys keep this game running, but this next cap needs to perfect. that means completely balanced PVP, fun PVE thats not to hard, New Vanities. Even if it takes a few extra months, just please make it perfect. we cant keep releasing cap after cap and leaving the problems for the new players, because thats when people quit.

You guys should also start advertisement for legends games. Its expensive but worth it. w

Id like to bring up another topic too, we should all be trying to help new players in whatever way possible. and maybe sts on your side you could buff up the daily blessings for new players, or create a new tutorial showing not only how to fight but where stuff is in menu/inventory. where the trade button is, the daily blessing, how to chat, etc. or nerf enemies for maps L1-80.

ON a very serious note sts, please make the new endgame good. im sick of wearing honor halo.
    Last edited by Hoplons; 01-25-2019 at 06:43 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hoplons For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplons View Post
    all I see is one player in forest haven, and hes probably struggling to understand the game.
    I agree something has to be change, not many people is really helping new players i hope PVE killing and level become more easier, leveling is painfully slow and they just soloing it all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Advertisements may very well bring in more users to the platform, but it doesn't necessarily mean they can make a profit in doing so. It's a nice idea, but as a developer on another platform, there are always positives and negatives to game changing decisions. STS might be in a position where they can no longer take risks to receive a big negative comeback from their choices in advertising and failing to gain more profit.

I understand people could think of advertising, in a way where if more players are brought into the game, thanks to the advertising, obviously the chances of more revenue being raked in will be higher, but that isn't always the case!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

player in forest haven, and hes probably struggling to understand the game.
    This player used to be me, and now I fully understand the game thanks to meeting new friends and asking for help. I also enjoyed my own time exploring new features I had never touched before, making myself more familiar with the user interface in Pocket Legends.

Certainly, the updates that we have been receiving and are yet to come should be enough to keep players coming back to PL and spend more time playing, to have some fun in everyone's own way.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Communion View Post
    This player used to be me, and now I fully understand the game thanks to meeting new friends and asking for help. I also enjoyed my own time exploring new features I had never touched before, making myself more familiar with the user interface in Pocket Legends.

Certainly, the updates that we have been receiving and are yet to come should be enough to keep players coming back to PL and spend more time playing, to have some fun in everyone's own way.
    Pocket Legends has its problems, and these are a few of them, i dont know why youre denying that. you probably started playing when pocket legends was booming, making it easier to get help and find new friends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Pocket Legends has its problems, and these are a few of them, i dont know why youre denying that. you probably started playing when pocket legends was booming, making it easier to get help and find new friends.
    Although I did mention I found friends to gain more knowledge about Pocket Legends, I also elaborated on what I enjoyed doing, which was exploring the features of PL. This is what made me able to understand the functions of how things worked in the game. Asking for help from friends was just a bonus, but still a huge aspect of the game, (making friends and socializing as a party).

In conclusion, I'm not really denying anything, how I see it is I'm offering my own thoughts to your thread in hopes for them to be taken into consideration. This can help.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Communion For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Let’s not take our minds off the problem stated. The game does need an advertising campaign to get more players to come enjoy it, it’s not like the game just came out it’s a very old game and not popular on the App Store or Google Play anymore. It needs this new cap to be great, and advertising wouldn’t hurt. The game I feel like should be interesting enough and there should be a lot of hype around it to prove how good it is or use to be, so more players will want to play even alone without meeting people to explain, it should be interesting to where they get curious to cap and see what it’s about!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Absolize View Post
    The game does need an advertising campaign to get more players to come enjoy it
    and I agree with that statement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

and I agree with that statement.
    Exactly, it’s how every game gets bigger. It would only benefit. In my opinion this game is only so little because not many know about it. If more knew I’m sure this game would be huge because for a mobile game I have to say it is one of the best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Absolize View Post
    not many know about it. If more knew I’m sure this game would be huge because for a mobile game I have to say it is one of the best.
    Just like Pocket Legends in its' prime years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmjbEhtFOI4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Just like Pocket Legends in its' prime years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmjbEhtFOI4
    Yes exactly. An updated commercial or maybe they can play advertisements on YouTube videos, I feel like that would really bring the game back into the mix.

14.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

With respect to advertising - if you're in favor of the idea - help me out with detailed answers to a couple of questions:

- What game(s) did you discover on the basis of advertising alone? Not supplemented by friends urging you to check out 'Game X;' but a game or games that you learned about from the company's advertising campaign?
    - Where did you see the advertisement for this game? In another game? On television? In a social media feed?
    - What was the advertisement content like? An in-app demo? A CGI movie? A 'you at level 1 -> you at level 100' banner ad?

Thanks in advance!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

/sarcasmon

Superbowl ad is the way to go!!

/sarcasmoff

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    With respect to advertising - if you're in favor of the idea - help me out with detailed answers to a couple of questions:

- What game(s) did you discover on the basis of advertising alone? Not supplemented by friends urging you to check out 'Game X;' but a game or games that you learned about from the company's advertising campaign?
    - Where did you see the advertisement for this game? In another game? On television? In a social media feed?
    - What was the advertisement content like? An in-app demo? A CGI movie? A 'you at level 1 -> you at level 100' banner ad?

Thanks in advance!
    I'd absolutely Love. To help you guys, so i'll answer from my experience. @Cinco

1.Back then When i was 13 y/o i used to occasionally play on a site known for it's quality "Flash" games (New Grounds), i was playing some random game and then some banner ad popped as i

paused. The advertisement was "Dead Frontier 3D" (A Zombie Survival MMO) and the trailer on the banner had some really exciting moments, the song was attractive and the

trailer had "Montages" of the highlighted features/sections of the game. Ever since I've stumbled across that game, it still has a place in my heart for the really fun Adrenalin

fueled moments, i sometimes check the games forums and on some occasions mess about in the Dead Frontier city.

2.Discovered Dead Frontier 3D on a site called "New Grounds" a site known for quality flash games, and saw Dead Frontier 3D on YouTube too from time to time. As an ad banner.

3.It was a game play demo showing off all mechanics of a variety of unique weapon choices and many types of monsters you can encounter as you develop your character.

And then had a CGI ending where some guy was searching an abandoned Grocery store for food and fired his gun on a zombie that latched on to his leg out of the blue, thus

attracting a herd of zombies to the grocery store and ends up being the meal for the zombies instead.
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 01-28-2019 at 08:16 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

A big part of advertisements for games right now are through Instagram believe it or not.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Killv For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Killv View Post
    A big part of advertisements for games right now are through Instagram believe it or not.
    Well i didn't know that xd.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk
    Last edited by xzLegendszx; 01-28-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

Thanks in advance!
    Thank you for asking these vital specific questions regarding advertising for the game.

On the PL Central discord server a dedicated channel has been created to give feedback regarding all this

https://discord.gg/rdY6KkT

We do hope this helps STS with the decisions when it comes to an advertising campaign for all STS games.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Thanks in advance!
    I see most gaming ads either on TV or in other apps. Honestly, I'd say about a third of all games I play (which is a lot, mobile, PC and console) were recommended by friends and the other two-thirds are either stumbled upon or through advertisement. You should run ads through Google, a lot of websites use them.

Might be a stretch but if you use a banner, you should hold a community contest for the design!

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

I agree with the instagram advertising statement. 5 minutes of scrolling down my wall just now and I saw 2 different games advertised. I think the last 5 games I downloaded might have come from ads like these.

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Java For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice

Sent from my SM-J700H using Tapatalk