Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Old School Pocket Legends!!!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Default Old School Pocket Legends!!!

Hi guys, I know that all if not most players would totally disagree with me on this thread that I'm about to make but I think it would be for the better good of the economy of pocket legends.

I'm not totally saying that STS should shutdown
    pocket legends, however I think it would be better to remake the game. Hold on! I know what you guys are thinking and it's not what you think.

You see what I'm trying to say here is that STS should create a game called old school pocket legends. It's basically the old school version of pocket legends that everybody loves! while of course still running the modern version of it

Where'd I got this idea? You see I got this idea by playing old school RuneScape. I've been playing RuneScape since I can remember and I hate to say this, but after Jagex created A modern version of Runescape in 2010 players suddenly missed the old school version of RuneScape which blossomed in 2007 that's why by 2011 RuneScape Economy started to declining and more and more players stopped playing. Then Jagex thought of an idea to bring old school RuneScape back in 2013 which is now currently blooming.

Why are these connected? Because that's what I currently see happening in today's STS pocket legends. Ever since STS stopped updating its game back in 2013 and just recolouring stuffs and just remaking campaigns one after another I can clearly see most people stopped playing the game. Moreover what made STS "modern version" of Pocket Legends more undesirable is the decision that they made of making vanities tradable.

Why did I said making vanities tradable got the game being undesirable? Because a lot of toxicity happened during that time and lots of new rich generation players started calling themselves old gen just because they manage to buy founders, elite vanity cap sets, etc. Which shouldn't have been available in the market in the first place and and even started cussing and calling other new generations players stuffs such as "nub" when they are new gen players themselves this made the economy of pocket legends more undersirable for old gen and new gen players because of the vanity being tradable most old gen players started to quit the game thinking that all their hard work grinding xp to get a cap reward just got wasted.

That's why I would like to suggest to STS to make a game called "Old School Pocket Legends" it's basically the old school version of Pocket Legends where the old school vanities/cap rewards are untradable, no daily blessing so that teamwork must be a must and for every player to just actually form a bond with each other and most of all of course community events just like the old school pocket legends days. Moreover, an excellent non-recoloured items and non-remade campaign update must be a must for every update starting from 76 DS campaign just where you guys (Referring to STS) left off. Of course it wouldn't be fun to play old school if all maps are free. So I'm suggesting that some of the maps should be payable by using platinum just like before when the AO1 and A02 campaign etc. were needed to pay platinum to play I think it was called "payed map" before by old school players. Or maybe here's another suggestion just like old school RuneScape there should be a member and non-members world. For example members world refers to players that needs to pay membersship in order to proceed into the game. For example they get to play all the maps/campaign, finished all the quests, etc. While non-members world refers to players that would just be able to play the free version of old school pocket legends where there is a specific amount of quests they can perform and limited amount of maps they can get into. For example let's say FH until Swamps until they buy a bond membership which can be payed for real money let's say around $14.99 or maybe buy a bond membership at the CS for a specific amount of gold etc.

So these are all my thoughts tell me what you guys think it's a little bit confusing but I hope you can bear with it.

Note: I'm retired and just passin by
    Last edited by Superswice; 02-16-2019 at 12:49 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Superswice For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Hi Swice, it's certainly been awhile, i hope everything is treating you well

PLOS has been suggested numerous times, Cinco has even hinted at it having potential if it was subscription based to cover the cost of the server. However, it would divide the already diminishing community even further and i'm not sure that is the best idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hey Swice 👋🏻 It's certainly been a while since I last saw you! Again, I would like to thank you for the items that you gave me and the community. To be honest I don't hate the idea of bringing back PLOS. I actually like it! However as what Burnt said it would divide the already diminishing community even further and it would be a risk for STS because they nor we do not know if PLOS would be as successful as it used to be.
    Last edited by Vlogs; 02-10-2019 at 11:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I like PLOS but there are risks.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Would love an OSPL

7. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Would love an OSPL
    Ok if ghost wants it, it should happen.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vlogs View Post
    Hey Swice ���� It's certainly been a while since I last saw you! Again, I would like to thank you for the items that you gave me and the community. To be honest I don't hate the idea of bringing back PLOS. I actually like it! However as what Burnt said it would divide the already diminishing community even further and it would be a risk for STS because they nor we do not know if PLOS would be as successful as it used to be.
    Long time no see Matt!! I know that there are a lot of risk on creating a game specially the risk of being unsuccessful but I’ll say this not only to you but to everyone, in order to achieve something great you need to take that risk(s) because if you do not take that risk(s) and just judge it on your own without even trying then you won’t achieve something great! For me it’s better to try than give up without even trying!

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xzLegendszx View Post
    Ok if ghost wants it, it should happen.

I don't think it's a smart move necessarily for STS to make it, but a guy can dream

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xzLegendszx View Post
    I like PLOS but there are risks.

Just as I said earlier, you need to take risk(s) if you want something great to happen. It’s just like real life you need to take a gamble in order to achieve something spectacular. For example when opening your own business like a food chain there are also a lot at stake your capital, safety, the business being unsuccessful, expectations that you can’t meet, etc. However, it’s better to try than to quit early without being trying because if it became unsuccessful at least you tried and if for some reason it became successful then you are missing on something of great value!!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Would love an OSPL
    Didn’t know you are still alive ghost �� Btw long time no see!! Moreover, I also want OSPL to be implemented but only the STS team can do that not us, we can only voice our own opinions and hopefully in the future they would give OSPL a chance because it actually has a lot of potential
    Last edited by Superswice; 02-11-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

They don't need to make two servers to make PL feel like it did in the "old school" era. Just take away the unpopular changes that have since been added from their other game. Then there is no divided community. And I do believe there has been ample feedback given by the community in this area.

Links: Pocket Legends Reborn! /// PL Party Zone Discord Server

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    They don't need to make two servers to make PL feel like it did in the "old school" era. Just take away the unpopular changes that have since been added from their other game. Then there is no divided community. And I do believe there has been ample feedback given by the community in this area.

Well I actually don’t agree with you in this category because first of all to make pocket legends feel like the “old school” era STS should undo the vanities being traded because that actually ruined the PL economy in the first place which currently a lot of players would disagree because currently players that are playing on today’s “modern” PL got used to it by now and that they probably don’t want to lose the vanities that they currently own at the moment. Additionally, I think you misunderstood me when I said members world and non-members world because I’m not actually proposing two separate servers what I was trying to propose was a single server with a united economy. Moreover, I was actually suggesting that players have the option to buy membership in order to proceed further and this may be in the form of real money like 14.99/month or they could buy a bond membership in cs for a fixed in game gold like for example 3.5M that lasts for 14-28 days. Overall, I don’t think that there are actually enough feedback on this area and I do believe that the more positive feedback this thread gets the more it is likely to be implemented.
    Last edited by Superswice; 02-12-2019 at 01:25 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Would split the player base... one or the other

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplons View Post
    Would split the player base... one or the other
    Maybe it would but it would also bring a lot of players new ones and old ones if it would be successful

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superswice View Post
    Hi guys, I know that all if not most players would totally disagree with me on this thread that I'm about to make but I think it would be for the better good of the economy of pocket legends.

I'm not totally saying that STS should shutdown
    pocket legends, however I think it would be better to remake the game. Hold on! I know what you guys are thinking and it's not what you think.

You see what I'm trying to say here is that STS should create a game called old school pocket legends. It's basically the old school version of pocket legends that everybody loves! while of course still running the modern version of it

Where'd I got this idea? You see I got this idea by playing old school RuneScape. I've been playing RuneScape since I can remember and I hate to say this, but after Jagex created A modern version of Runescape in 2010 players suddenly missed the old school version of RuneScape which blossomed in 2007 that's why by 2011 RuneScape Economy started to declining and more and more players stopped playing. Then Jagex thought of an idea to bring old school RuneScape back in 2013 which is now currently blooming.

Why are these connected? Because that's what I currently see happening in today's STS pocket legends. Ever since STS stopped updating its game back in 2013 and just recolouring stuffs and just remaking campaigns one after another I can clearly see most people stopped playing the game. Moreover what made STS "modern version" of Pocket Legends more undesirable is the decision that they made of making vanities tradable.

Why did I said making vanities tradable got the game being undesirable? Because a lot of toxicity happened during that time and lots of new rich generation players started calling themselves old gen just because they manage to buy founders, elite vanity cap sets, etc. Which shouldn't have been available in the market in the first place and and even started cussing and calling other new generations players stuffs such as "nub" when they are new gen players themselves this made the economy of pocket legends more undersirable for old gen and new gen players because of the vanity being tradable most old gen players started to quit the game thinking that all their hard work grinding xp to get a cap reward just got wasted.

That's why I would like to suggest to STS to make a game called "Old School Pocket Legends" it's basically the old school version of Pocket Legends where the old school vanities/cap rewards are untradable, no daily blessing so that teamwork must be a must and for every player to just actually form a bond with each other and most of all of course community events just like the old school pocket legends days. Moreover, an excellent non-recoloured items and non-remade campaign update must be a must for every update starting from 76 DS campaign just where you guys (Referring to STS) left off. Of course it wouldn't be fun to play old school if all maps are free. So I'm suggesting that some of the maps should be payable by using platinum just like before when the AO1 and A02 campaign etc. were needed to pay platinum to play I think it was called "payed map" before by old school players. Or maybe here's another suggestion just like old school RuneScape there should be a member and non-members world. For example members world refers to players that needs to pay membersship in order to proceed into the game. For example they get to play all the maps/campaign, finished all the quests, etc. While non-members world refers to players that would just be able to play the free version of old school pocket legends where there is a specific amount of quests they can perform and limited amount of maps they can get into. For example let's say FH until Swamps until they buy a bond membership which can be payed for real money let's say around $14.99 or maybe buy a bond membership at the CS for a specific amount of gold etc.

So these are all my thoughts tell me what you guys think it's a little bit confusing but I hope you can bear with it.

My previous igns are: Buy, Buys, Superswice, Superswicey, Swice, Swicey, LimitedItems

Above are the igns I've played PL with before most of the time

Tell me if you guys know me or have heard of me and If there are still real old school PL players who plays this game

Note: I'm retired and just passin by
    Hi Swice, it’s been awhile! I concur to this idea and would also like it to be implemented but I doubt it’s going to happen though. To be honest I’ve already lost hope for this game because when I visited it earlier it’s pretty much close to being a dead game. However, when I tried to go on to forums and saw what you posted I think that this might be a good solution to the current problem that the PL economy is facing. Kudos to this wonderful idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

I think a reboot would be the best route to take in order to get new players and old players to regain interest. Take Pocket Legends back to the era that made it so beloved in the first place.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fruitbattwo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fruitbattwo View Post
    I think a reboot would be the best route to take in order to get new players and old players to regain interest.
    The best route to kill PL off entirely. No thank you. People need something new. Not PL all over again. Pocket Legends 2 is the "best route to take". It's new. Fresh. And if done right, will attract both new and old players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Would love an OSPL
    I’d play the hell out of an OSPL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

And you might be playing alone. RuneScape has the community/player base to make a classic stick around. Only 100k players on at all times for the most part, compared to our ~100 people.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    And you might be playing alone. RuneScape has the community/player base to make a classic stick around. Only 100k players on at all times for the most part, compared to our ~100 people.

That’s where beta will come in to play again! As I said before Jagex made a comeback with less than 500 players playing since 2013 and guess where they are now? At the top with more than hundreds of thousands playing their game again!!! If STS would actually create PLOS it must be like the old days where they would set up community events since I think that will encourage more players to actually try their game again. Additionally, a good updated content specially new campaigns and new items is a must, most of all it must not be a high end tier pay to win game like the current version of PL since it would actually end up like the current version of PL which is I believe a dead game.
    Last edited by Superswice; 02-13-2019 at 09:52 PM.