Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Old School Pocket Legends!!!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zojak View Post
    I’d play the hell out of an OSPL
    You’re not alone, I believe a lot of players would actually want to play OSPL/PLOS in the future if it would be implemented!!

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    And you might be playing alone. RuneScape has the community/player base to make a classic stick around. Only 100k players on at all times for the most part, compared to our ~100 people.

Links: Pocket Legends Reborn! /// PL Party Zone Discord Server
    If it's something STS actually wanted to execute, they could do it – I think it could yield a higher player-base through proper marketing.

Either way, a PL2 or an OSPL would both require strategic marketing. My instinct tells me this: OSPL would reel in players who departed months, even years ago. That would create the necessary foundation to support a stable community. On the other hand, PL2 might feel too 'new' (on the assumption PL2 is not the OSPL we'd imagine, but rather something different). The aforementioned oldie PL players would be skeptical, given STS' results with AL and other games. Nostalgia is the essential ingredient, and it's needed to build a solid foundation.

This is all wishful thinking, of course.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

A PL2 done right would have nothing in common with AL. It would be fully and wholly recognizable with excitement by PL'ers as PL, who would be able to enjoy a fresh spin with upgraded graphics and sound, all new quests and campaigns, but the same old mechanics and enough familiarities to prove its legitimacy in the saga. All while being able to attract new players as well due to excellent marketing, SEO, reviews, word of mouth, and being addictively playable.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

A PL2 done right would have nothing in common with AL. It would be fully and wholly recognizable with excitement by PL'ers as PL, who would be able to enjoy a fresh spin with upgraded graphics and sound, all new quests and campaigns, but the same old mechanics and enough familiarities to prove its legitimacy in the saga. All while being able to attract new players as well due to excellent marketing, SEO, reviews, word of mouth, and being addictively playable.

I don’t think PL2 is a good idea because first of all it doesn’t have a player base that could potentially support it and I think it would costs a lot more to create a new game much worse it could even go wrong while OSPL have a stable base community waiting to support it specially I think old school players that had quit the game due to lack of proper updates, gotten banned, etc. might be able to comeback if proper strategic marketing is done right also I think it would be much more easier and much cheaper to just redo the map starting from the actual old school pocket legends FH Campaign till DS Campaign and from there they could start adding new campaigns like Atlantis Campaign, maybe even a super hero themed campaign, etc.
    Last edited by Patricia Nicolle; 02-14-2019 at 04:22 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Patricia Nicolle For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

It would also be way less costly to just reuse already designed maps for an OSPL.
    Last edited by Cinco; 02-14-2019 at 01:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

People need something new. Not PL all over again. Pocket Legends 2 is the "best route to take". It's new. Fresh. And if done right, will attract both new and old players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad
    RuneScape has the community/player base to make a classic stick around. [PL DOES *NOT*]. Only 100k players on at all times for the most part, compared to our ~100 people.
    I stand by what I have said quoted ^ as well as that contained within post #23.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I stand by what I have said quoted ^ as well as that contained within post #23.

First of all we don’t need something new!! It would just be much harder for a small company to handle specially with their other games still running around, they can’t even properly manage the games that they are currently running except AL of course. Moreover, creating a new game like PL2 that you were suggesting would just costs a lot of time, effort, and money put into it! I don’t think a small team like STS could handle such thing!! Also if it goes wrong they would lose a lot of money and such a thing must not happen!!! that’s why my suggestion is more fitting to this situation because OSPL already had a history and was already well known throughout the cyber world. All it need is a proper and correct marketing if it were to be implemented. Overall like Ghost & Patricia said it would be way less costly since we are just reusing the already designed maps from Forest Haven Campaign till Underworld/Slayer Campaign and would just be adding new campaigns after Slayer Campaign.
    Last edited by Superswice; 02-15-2019 at 08:10 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Superswice For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

If these things get in PL then everything is fine..

1. Better graphics!
    2. Better Quest rewards!
    3. Bigger maps!
    4. Better tutorial (longer) and better rewards!
    5. Better guild System! (Minigames) in the guild would be pretty sick, it would bring the guild together. (Guild fights) is really important in guilds it will show every guild how strong they are at the end of the guild fight 1st 2. 3. Place and 10 up get rewards so players want to grind and get better gear.
    6. Balanced Pvp! What i mean by that is, is that it shows your power how strong you are like (2300Power) then it will search a pvp room with the Power 2000-2350Power.
    IMPORTANT: You can't change your gear in the Pvp game so players can't get stronger with there other gear.

7. New skills for every class! So players can test the new style in PvP or in PVE so it will be more challenging and fun.

8. Big Boss Raids! Boss Raids in PL would be awesome. There will be a room open in custom game, there need to be 26 Players to fill up the room so the game will start by itself.

If these things get implemented in PL then the game can have ads, if you have even more good ideas post them here!
    Last edited by xzLegendszx; 02-15-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superswice View Post
    First of all we don’t need something new!! It would just be much harder for a small company to handle specially with their other games still running around, they can’t even properly manage the games that they are currently running except AL of course. Moreover, creating a new game like PL2 that you were suggesting would just costs a lot of time, effort, and money put into it! I don’t think a small team like STS could handle such thing!! Also if it goes wrong they would lose a lot of money and such a thing must not happen!!!
    Yes, we do need something new. PL has been around for nearly ten years. People have grown up, gone to college, started careers, and moved on from gaming. New is where it is at. A new game for some of the very few oldies still around, and for all of the new and younger audience it would attract. Common sense here.

As for making entirely new games from scratch, STS has been doing that every year and then closing these games down a year or two later, time and time again. So making new games is nothing new for STS and is something they have proven themselves clearly capable of doing. An argument otherwise is unrealistic at best, considering the facts.

They have just killed some of the games they created not long ago, and have the staff, resources and time to start on a new game. The timing is actually ripe.

Quote Originally Posted by xzLegendszx View Post

1. Better graphics!
    2. Better Quest rewards!
    3. Bigger maps!
    5. Better guild System! (Minigames) in the guild would be pretty sick, it would bring the guild together. (Guild fights) is really important in guilds it will show every guild how strong they are at the end of the guild fight 1st 2. 3. Place and 10 up get rewards so players want to grind and get better gear.
    6. Balanced Pvp! What i mean by that is, is that it shows your power how strong you are like (2300Power) then it will search a pvp room with the Power 2000-2350Power.
    IMPORTANT: You can't change your gear in the Pvp game so players can't get stronger with there other gear.

7. New skills for every class! So players can test the new style in PvP or in PVE so it will be more challenging and fun.

8. Big Boss Raids! Boss Raids in PL would be awesome. There will be a room open in custom game, there need to be 26 Players to fill up the room so the game will start by itself.

If these things get implemented in PL then the game can have ads, if you have even more good ideas post them here!
    You can have all of that and more in PL2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

First of all we don’t need something new!! It would just be much harder for a small company to handle specially with their other games still running around, they can’t even properly manage the games that they are currently running except AL of course. Moreover, creating a new game like PL2 that you were suggesting would just costs a lot of time, effort, and money put into it! I don’t think a small team like STS could handle such thing!! Also if it goes wrong they would lose a lot of money and such a thing must not happen!!!
    Yes, we do need something new. PL has been around for nearly a decade. People have grown up, gone to college, started careers, and moved on. New is where it is at.

A beautiful and addictively playable new game for some of the very few oldies still around, and for all of the new and younger audience it would attract, if properly marketed and ranked high in the app stores, would have a good chance at success.

As for making entirely new games from scratch, this studio has been doing that every year and then closing these games down a year or two later, time and time again. So making new games is nothing new for them and is something they have proven themselves clearly capable of doing on regular cycles. An argument otherwise is unrealistic at best, considering the facts.

They have just killed some of the games they created not long ago, and have the staff, resources and time to start on a new game. The timing is actually ripe for PL2.

1. Better graphics!
    2. Better Quest rewards!
    3. Bigger maps!

You can have all of that and more in PL2.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Can we get cincos thoughts on whether or not a touched up OSPL could be a possibility?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

I love the nostalgia and idea of those heyday years of Pocket Legends. Back then when PL was the fresh new popular game and thriving with thousands of players.

The game was less toxic back then, where it was more simple and less complex. The Black market was no even a thing. Players where honest and wanted to help others. Players played and didn't go around bullying or trolling others, there was less toxicity.

Platinum was bought by players on their own accounts. Players really did own their own accounts. Vanity Caps where earned and with time and effort. Player worked hard to farm their gear and merched even harder. Pvpers where gods and the battles where legendary.

Our community has matured over the years and the game has changed with the times.

I do like the idea of a monthly subscription to play old school PL. Something that gives a steady flow of income back for STS to maintain the cost of running our game.

There is no easy solution to the lack of activity on PL.

But keep your passion for PL going, there are still many of us in the community active on forums and on game. No matter what we still play daily.
    Last edited by Fwend; 02-16-2019 at 03:59 AM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #33
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snacking View Post
    Can we get cincos thoughts on whether or not a touched up OSPL could be a possibility?
    It is not a possibility. Not only do I think it is a poor business choice for STS, I also just don’t want to make something like that.

Yes I’ve read and carefully considered all the posts on this suggestion topic (other threads too). I don’t like the idea.

That said... Thanks for all the love and the trip down this bittersweet memory-lane though :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    It is not a possibility. Not only do I think it is a poor business choice for STS, I also just don’t want to make something like that.

Yes I’ve read and carefully considered all the posts on this suggestion topic (other threads too). I don’t like the idea.

That said... Thanks for all the love and the trip down this bittersweet memory-lane though :-)

I know you once said that Arcane legends is the last legend title. So I guess there will be no legend title anymore?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

19.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #35
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

I know you once said that Arcane legends is the last legend title. So I guess there will be no legend title anymore?

Don’t remember saying that. And even if I did, I can always change my mind ;-)

| | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Don’t remember saying that. And even if I did, I can always change my mind ;-)

Well i hope there is another legend title coming *_*

21. The Following User Says Thank You to xzLegendszx For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

That’s it looks like it’s settled! There’s nothing more I can do to change the mind of one of the 4 emperors of STS!! I guess all I can do now is to treasure the old memories and the joyous times I had with PL and just move on with life. That being said I would like to thank all of the people I’ve played PL with and also the brilliant minds who created PL this maybe the last and final goodbye for PL as I am retiring for good this time. Again it was really fun until it lasted. Best wishes guys ^_^

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

It’s very unfortunate to hear that PLOS is not going to be implemented but I respect your decision, hopefully in the future you guys at sts could make the greatest game, even greater than the prime PL and AL. Also Valentines update looks great and I already got the new valentine items

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

That’s it looks like it’s settled! There’s nothing more I can do to change the mind of one of the 4 emperors of STS!! I guess all I can do now is to treasure the old memories and the joyous times I had with PL and just move on with life. That being said I would like to thank all of the people I’ve played PL with and also the brilliant minds who created PL this maybe the last and final goodbye for PL as I am retiring for good this time. Again it was really fun until it lasted. Best wishes guys ^_^
    Didn’t you already retired since 77 cap?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia Nicolle View Post
    Didn’t you already retired since 77 cap?
    I did retire during 77 cap but went back during 85 cap and retired again a year ago, weren’t you on the retirement giveaway that I did in the guild Glory? Pretty sure you were there Cheena!!