Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Old School Pocket Legends!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Default Old School Pocket Legends!!!

Hi guys, I know that all if not most players would totally disagree with me on this thread that I'm about to make but I think it would be for the better good of the economy of pocket legends.

I'm not totally saying that STS should shutdown
    pocket legends, however I think it would be better to remake the game. Hold on! I know what you guys are thinking and it's not what you think.

You see what I'm trying to say here is that STS should create a game called old school pocket legends. It's basically the old school version of pocket legends that everybody loves! while of course still running the modern version of it

Where'd I got this idea? You see I got this idea by playing old school RuneScape. I've been playing RuneScape since I can remember and I hate to say this, but after Jagex created A modern version of Runescape in 2010 players suddenly missed the old school version of RuneScape which blossomed in 2007 that's why by 2011 RuneScape Economy started to declining and more and more players stopped playing. Then Jagex thought of an idea to bring old school RuneScape back in 2013 which is now currently blooming.

Why are these connected? Because that's what I currently see happening in today's STS pocket legends. Ever since STS stopped updating its game back in 2013 and just recolouring stuffs and just remaking campaigns one after another I can clearly see most people stopped playing the game. Moreover what made STS "modern version" of Pocket Legends more undesirable is the decision that they made of making vanities tradable.

Why did I said making vanities tradable got the game being undesirable? Because a lot of toxicity happened during that time and lots of new rich generation players started calling themselves old gen just because they manage to buy founders, elite vanity cap sets, etc. Which shouldn't have been available in the market in the first place and and even started cussing and calling other new generations players stuffs such as "nub" when they are new gen players themselves this made the economy of pocket legends more undersirable for old gen and new gen players because of the vanity being tradable most old gen players started to quit the game thinking that all their hard work grinding xp to get a cap reward just got wasted.

That's why I would like to suggest to STS to make a game called "Old School Pocket Legends" it's basically the old school version of Pocket Legends where the old school vanities/cap rewards are untradable, no daily blessing so that teamwork must be a must and for every player to just actually form a bond with each other and most of all of course community events just like the old school pocket legends days. Moreover, an excellent non-recoloured items and non-remade campaign update must be a must for every update starting from 76 DS campaign just where you guys (Referring to STS) left off. Of course it wouldn't be fun to play old school if all maps are free. So I'm suggesting that some of the maps should be payable by using platinum just like before when the AO1 and A02 campaign etc. were needed to pay platinum to play I think it was called "payed map" before by old school players. Or maybe here's another suggestion just like old school RuneScape there should be a member and non-members world. For example members world refers to players that needs to pay membersship in order to proceed into the game. For example they get to play all the maps/campaign, finished all the quests, etc. While non-members world refers to players that would just be able to play the free version of old school pocket legends where there is a specific amount of quests they can perform and limited amount of maps they can get into. For example let's say FH until Swamps until they buy a bond membership which can be payed for real money let's say around $14.99 or maybe buy a bond membership at the CS for a specific amount of gold etc.

So these are all my thoughts tell me what you guys think it's a little bit confusing but I hope you can bear with it.

Note: I'm retired and just passin by
    Last edited by Superswice; 02-16-2019 at 12:49 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Superswice For This Useful Post: