Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scamming - Threatening - Blackmail

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Question Scamming - Threatening - Blackmail

Good morning Ladies and Gentleman,

since in the last few days (an i guess the history is long here) there have been rather interesting scenarios ..

1. > Scamsite harvesting Accounts and stole items / tokens
    2. > Blackmailing to get an Amount of ingame Currency
    3. > Trades in which Players left with the loss of items
    and so on ...

i was wondering, how i would react and what could i do.

as i am from good old germany, there is no way to sue someone for a robbery if the robbed item is not
    a real item. "bewegliche sache". which means kind of movable good. so there must be another way to
    have the thief responsible and it is the §303a, Datenveraenderung. This means basically the criminal
    offense of unauthorized change, deletion or the supressing of data without agreement.

this has been in court in Augsburg (near Munich) for example in 2010.

since the sentence is up to 2 yrs in prison, for §303a. If the "virtual item" is gone by a scam, the
    §263 / 263a would be "computer scam" and get get you in prison for 5 yrs.

In the Netherlands, in 2007 two boys were sentenced because they "robbed" virtual items for an
    onlinegame by force (they beat him up). the court ruled, it does not matter if the item is virtual or
    not, this is a criminal offense and the virtual amulet was worth like a real one to the owner.
    the sentence was up to 200 hrs of charitable work btw.

i found this interesting since a lot of us paid in hours of farming for items or paying with real money
    for plat to buy this or that.

are there laws in other countries similar to these?
    --
    ign: Alinamarie / a Roguette

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Good grief! I'm from England (well someone has to come from there) and our laws are not as harsh for more serious crimes. Actually, I think we're far too lenient.
    Bring back public flogging, sticking people in stocks whilst pelting them with rotten fruit, send them to the edge of the village, make people walk on hot coals in bare feet! The good old days! Whatever happened to them...?
    People used to enjoy a day out watching..I could sell tickets again. Ah, nostalgia is my only pleasure these days. "Sigh".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    Good grief! I'm from England (well someone has to come from there) and our laws are not as harsh for more serious crimes. Actually, I think we're far too lenient.
    Bring back public flogging, sticking people in stocks whilst pelting them with rotten fruit, send them to the edge of the village, make people walk on hot coals in bare feet! The good old days! Whatever happened to them...?
    People used to enjoy a day out watching..I could sell tickets again. Ah, nostalgia is my only pleasure these days. "Sigh".
    hahaha lol Sue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

Nowadays the GREAT britain is struggling to have a deal on brexit lol

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

They have a website where there are videos of thieves getting their body cut apart by machetes, they get killed, hands cut off, strapped to a tree and rammed into by a car, and more. Want that to happen to the criminals in the USA but beggars can't be choosers.
    Last edited by Encryptions; 02-11-2019 at 02:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by intizamfamily888 View Post
    Nowadays the GREAT britain is struggling to have a deal on brexit lol

Alas, tis true. I voted to stay with Europe by the way..I would miss participating in the Eurovision Yodelling Competition. That aside, where else would I get my Italian tomatoes..hmmm?
    I await with baited breath and lie awake all night dreaming of a miracle to save us from.."sob" being all alone.."sniff".
    Whatever happens, we'll survive but all donations of Italian tomatoes, French garlic German cars etc. will be much appreciated.
    I'll be waiting in Kraag, standing by the love of my life, Bjorn.
    Kind regards. Susie. 😔

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    They have a website where there are videos of thieves getting their body cut apart by machetes, they get killed, hands cut off, strapped to a tree and rammed into by a car, and more. Want that to happen to the criminals in the USA but beggars can't be choosers.
    That’s just beyond messed up. You shouldn’t wish that kind of bull**** on anyone especially for virtual items.Everyone understands the obvious outrage and hurt that comes from scams, but that’s no reason to enact violence or even think about it especially on this forum. If you disagree then I’d be happy to discuss it with anyone on discord or in-game.

I’d be happy to make a video discussing how to not get scammed in any game that is proven to work 100% of the time in order to remedy the scam problem.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dragonsalt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

Alas, tis true. I voted to stay with Europe by the way..I would miss participating in the Eurovision Yodelling Competition. That aside, where else would I get my Italian tomatoes..hmmm?
    I await with baited breath and lie awake all night dreaming of a miracle to save us from.."sob" being all alone.."sniff".
    Whatever happens, we'll survive but all donations of Italian tomatoes, French garlic German cars etc. will be much appreciated.
    I'll be waiting in Kraag, standing by the love of my life, Bjorn.
    Kind regards. Susie.
    Lol the only i hated about brexit is, that it got a big topic in my english classes here. Im studying in germany and dude it's a big topic here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsalt View Post
    That’s just beyond messed up. You shouldn’t wish that kind of bull**** on anyone especially for virtual items.Everyone understands the obvious outrage and hurt that comes from scams, but that’s no reason to enact violence or even think about it especially on this forum. If you disagree then I’d be happy to discuss it with anyone on discord or in-game.

I’d be happy to make a video discussing how to not get scammed in any game that is proven to work 100% of the time in order to remedy the scam problem.
    It wasn't about virtual items. Its about real life. I don't believe in everyone getting hurt for criminal actions. I just want them to have the same thing happen to them as to what they did to someone else. Example, someone steals from someone else and is caught. The thief should have everything taken from him and given to the other person he stole from.
    Sorry if I said some brutal things, its just I have experienced some crazy things irl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

It wasn't about virtual items. Its about real life. I don't believe in everyone getting hurt for criminal actions. I just want them to have the same thing happen to them as to what they did to someone else. Example, someone steals from someone else and is caught. The thief should have everything taken from him and given to the other person he stole from.
    Sorry if I said some brutal things, its just I have experienced some crazy things irl.
    I understand where you’re coming from although I still disagree. It’s fine to disagree. I’m somewhat glad you posted what you said because it made me realize how much people are affected by scams emotionally. I’m going to hopefully make a video soon that explains how to not get scammed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsalt View Post
    I understand where you’re coming from although I still disagree. It’s fine to disagree. I’m somewhat glad you posted what you said because it made me realize how much people are affected by scams emotionally. I’m going to hopefully make a video soon that explains how to not get scammed.
    I have some tips in this thread for the video. They are at the bottom of the thread. https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...beat-the-game!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

If you use the GIVE button, you are giving someone your item. If they choose to give something back, ok, but know that it is their choice. They might choose to walk away. How would that make you feel? If ok, then GIVE. If not, then do not.

US has plenty of laws against fraud, etc. The problem with the internet is many of these scammers not in the United States. I know most of you believe your XXX country's laws apply to the world, but all world governments disagree with you. I was happy to hear today (probably unfounded rumor) that Russia might leave the internets, in which case 1 down, plenty more to go.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

This thread hurt my brain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

You want to traumatize all the kids that come in here or what? This is not the place to post that kind of graphic content.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cogmaster View Post
    You want to traumatize all the kids that come in here or what? This is not the place to post that kind of graphic content.
    I didn't post any graphic content.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Dang.... LOL............
    Name:  IRTDEmL.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  52.6 KB

LOL.....

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I didn't post any graphic content.
    You are literally detailing how people get dismembered and killed on that website. If that's not graphic content I don't know what is...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cogmaster View Post
    You are literally detailing how people get dismembered and killed on that website. If that's not graphic content I don't know what is...
    Graphic content would be me posting a video/image of that stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Graphic content would be me posting a video/image of that stuff.
    You see the word "graphic" and you automatically assume it has to be video or image related. Well, I can't say I'm surprised. Language can also be graphic, specially when you're detailing murders.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cogmaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

The video on avoiding scams is most likely going to come out tomorrow. I might do it on Valentine's day to make it somewhat special. It's pretty in depth and explains stuff throughly. Currently doing some edits so that's the thing I'm getting caught up with.