Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: SL End Game PvP Tourney

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thade View Post
    Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know I've nearly completed a 1 v 1 face off arena. I suspect this might be useful for your tournament. It should be available in the near future.
    Awesome! I'll probably be using it for the level 40-41 cap tournament. Anychance that there will be a "spectators" team for this map?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

FluffnStuff defeated Serpus 10-7. None of us have screenies, but I believe that we all agree this happened.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I think the new map that Thade is making will help to address kiting issues for 1v1. For this tournament, it's your show. You guys can do what you feel is best for everyone and the tournament. Me personally, I feel that excessive kiting and abuse of geometry is just that, an abuse. I just means that to be competitive, everyone will need to do this and then turn things into "who can kite the best." Which, to some extent pvp is about who can kite the best, but there is a line there somewhere where on one side it's cool and on the other side it's an abuse.

Good see, there was a reason why those pillars were there, if you guys want we can pause the comp until the new arena comes out. And play free style, anything goes in arena, im sure many of the players would be happy with that choice. You might not like how people use their enviroment sure, but i call that adapting. You throw two enemies in an arena, the one who has the best skills in adaption should deserve to win. If your allowing any gear even plat as well as any spec, there should be no restrictions in the arena. Also you guys are forgeting that the cds on heals are over 30sec. I personally have 3-4 skills which are all 30sec CD now, you might call it abuse, that i wait behind a pillar for them to recharge, but im not stupid enough to go up against someone who has speced all their abilities in dps with 6sec CDS. That just wouldnt be fair.

I personally beleive that the tournoment should be post poned, the new cap will affect it anyway. Also another way this conflict can be resolved is for the players to agree on what rules will apply, i mean obviously there would be no problem if both players agreed on run/kiting and vise versa.

My opinion still stands if were using any weapons, any implants, then we should be allowed to fight how we want in the arena. Keep it freestyle, and youll keep the people happy. Because there are more ways to fight then just pure dps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daarkshadowzz View Post
    Good see, there was a reason why those pillars were there, if you guys want we can pause the comp until the new arena comes out. And play free style, anything goes in arena, im sure many of the players would be happy with that choice. You might not like how people use their enviroment sure, but i call that adapting. You throw two enemies in an arena, the one who has the best skills in adaption should deserve to win. If your allowing any gear even plat as well as any spec, there should be no restrictions in the arena. Also you guys are forgeting that the cds on heals are over 30sec. I personally have 3-4 skills which are all 30sec CD now, you might call it abuse, that i wait behind a pillar for them to recharge, but im not stupid enough to go up against someone who has speced all their abilities in dps with 6sec CDS. That just wouldnt be fair.

I personally beleive that the tournoment should be post poned, the new cap will affect it anyway. Also another way this conflict can be resolved is for the players to agree on what rules will apply, i mean obviously there would be no problem if both players agreed on run/kiting and vise versa.

My opinion still stands if were using any weapons, any implants, then we should be allowed to fight how we want in the arena. Keep it freestyle, and youll keep the people happy. Because there are more ways to fight then just pure dps.
    So let me get this straight, you want the rules to revolve around you because you chose to invest in 30 second CD skills? Honestly, I have the 30 second CD skills too, but like you said, I adapt and learn to deal with it. You don't need your environment. Instead, you should learn to rely on your other skills and familiarizing yourself with their usefulness instead of being dependent on your 3 main skills. Hiding behind a pillar while regaining health/buying time for your 30 second CD skills is not strategy. It's an act of cowardice and inflexibility. You said it yourself, you need to adapt. I know, you're going to say, but WoW players do it too! This is not WoW, that's all. This is Star Legends.

I don't see why the tournament should be postponed because it's not in your favor anymore. Plenty of tournaments have gone on and have been completed before the level cap raise. Take a look at AbsolutePally's tournaments. All happened moments before the level cap and some went through the level cap. If your skills truly shine, you will adapt. After all, with new cap raise, you should theoretically just have an improved skill build because all you're doing is simply adding onto the build you already have, correct? Builds don't normally radically change from level cap to level cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

As of now. I'm pulling out of the tournament.
    Too many rule changes and the cap is coming soon. IMO There's no point to compete in a tournament with rules that are constantly changing.

I'll probably join other tournaments later though.
    Good luck to everyone(:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardon View Post
    As of now. I'm pulling out of the tournament.
    Too many rule changes and the cap is coming soon. IMO There's no point to compete in a tournament with rules that are constantly changing.

I'll probably join other tournaments later though.
    Good luck to everyone(:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Current Match Results

Round 1

Silentarrow. Vs Hans *Winner: Hans

LIGHT GIVER vs Supernovaman Winner: Light Giver

ProSophist vs Adryan Lucero Pending

Liem vs THE Tesla Winner: The Telsa

panchovilla vs saiyen Pending

handinpocket vs Apollo Pending

XxReiReixX vs Beanmachine Winner: Beanmachine

roufus vs Cero Winner: Cero

Anant Agarwal vs Ltsnake Pending

serprus vs FluffNStuff Winner: FluffNSnuff

Reggin vs MYNISTA Pending

captainzach vs Daarkshadowzz *Pending

Nands vs. Bakoffmycandy Winner: Nands

Aculeas vs Cahaun Winner:Aculeas

Blind vs Kanozaki *Winner: Kanozaki

Oktav Vian vs krattos Pending

Fireface vs Ardon Pending

Tameron vs Nightarcher Winner: Nightarcher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silentarrow View Post
    Current Match Results
    Silent, Handinpocket seems nowhere to be found. I even tried contacting him through forums and I have yet to get a response. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Silent, Handinpocket seems nowhere to be found. I even tried contacting him through forums and I have yet to get a response. :/
    K np, I'm sending out a "IT'S HIS FAULT HE HAVEN'T FOUGHT YET, I SWEAR!!" pm tommorow so I know who to DQ .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Appollo i dont think you fully understand what my point is, you CLAIM i want the rules changed so they benefit me?!

Let me make this clear I DO NOT WANT ANY RULES, they discriminate against classes. When you enter the arena the only thing that should distinguish u from your enemy is the score!

I entered this tournoment and have taken the time and PLATNIUM to prepare for your competition and now you want me to spend more plat to change my skills and speck because ur changing all these rules. Whos paying these 500 plat reward? Me?? Ive spent easily over 100plat on gear and speck changes and etc. Now your telling me while the tournoment is on ur changing the rules. No wonder people are droping out the comp. Most players want the same rules they came in with. No restrictions on implants and no restriction on the pvp style. Keep it freestyle.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Silent, is there a way to see the whole bracket, like the NCAA tourney, or can you just see it?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Most players want the same rules they came in with. No restrictions on implants and no restriction on the pvp style. Keep it freestyle.

I don't know one person that considers free style to hide behind a wall for 3 mins. You know what we call people like you in PL? Tree huggers. Buuutttt since theres no trees and a pillar, new term for huggers is pole dancers. Keep your pole dancing out of the tournament.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Appollo i dont think you fully understand what my point is, you CLAIM i want the rules changed so they benefit me?!

Let me make this clear I DO NOT WANT ANY RULES, they discriminate against classes. When you enter the arena the only thing that should distinguish u from your enemy is the score!

I entered this tournoment and have taken the time and PLATNIUM to prepare for your competition and now you want me to spend more plat to change my skills and speck because ur changing all these rules. Whos paying these 500 plat reward? Me?? Ive spent easily over 100plat on gear and speck changes and etc. Now your telling me while the tournoment is on ur changing the rules. No wonder people are droping out the comp. Most players want the same rules they came in with. No restrictions on implants and no restriction on the pvp style. Keep it freestyle.
    Even though your argument(It seems that you are trying hard to come up with one) had no credibility to begin with, that statement completely diminishes your chances of ever getting one.

I have my vote FOR this rule and the continuation of the contest.
    Like I said, there a fine line between kiting and flat-out pole-hugging. It's a norm. A knowledgeable player would know that.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, this tourney does not revolve on one contestant, but the whole group.
    I don't see this imposing a disadvantage on a certain class. Better yet, it just gives every one an even field.

People want to fight. I want to fight. I've been waiting for 4 days and my opponent has not contacted me whatsoever.
    If people want to withdraw, let it be. I really could care less.

BUT, this is just one man's opinion. It's not my contest. But I'm going to be honest with my statement.
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ProSophist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I'd thank you guys, but I'm out of my daily thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Im in with darkshadowzz. Honestly do you think an eng would be able to defeat an op or com like that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fireface View Post
    Im in with darkshadowzz. Honestly do you think an eng would be able to defeat an op or com like that?
    I've seen Engineers defeat commandos face to face with a little bit of kiting. It all depends on your build.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Play as an eng use empathy and transference for yourself so you know how much of a fail it is. an op would do heavy dmg which empathy cannot fully heal let alone heal anything. transference does not heal. against a com he can take your hits and heal them back while he just throws you around. so as an eng u will NEED TO BE ABLE to run and heal some dmg since heal is a fail at the moment

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

[F][I][R][E][F][A][C][E]

1.) Remove the [I]
    2.) Add a [L] behind the first [F]
    3.) Move the 2nd [F] behind the [A] and change it to [R]
    3.) replace the 1st [R]with[A]
    4.) Add a [M] behind the first [A]
    5.) Now remove the 2nd [A], the [C] and 2nd [E]

_ _ _ _ _ _
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 12-08-2011 at 12:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fireface View Post
    Play as an eng use empathy and transference for yourself so you know how much of a fail it is. an op would do heavy dmg which empathy cannot fully heal let alone heal anything. transference does not heal. against a com he can take your hits and heal them back while he just throws you around. so as an eng u will NEED TO BE ABLE to run and heal some dmg since heal is a fail at the moment
    Now, I'm not sure you read what the matter is about. I DO NOT mind kiting. That's part of the game. Hiding is the issue. Engineers NEED kiting to win, that I can agree with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

???