Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: SL End Game PvP Tourney

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProSophist View Post
    If you can do that, especially for my future fights, I would give you everlasting brotherly love, and I will be forever in your debt!
    OMG! You're BoeJangles!!!! LOL! I'll definitely record for you.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

To be fair, I see no problem with hiding behind pillars. There are no specific rules in pvp and anything goes. If your opponent decides to run and hide, it becomes your job to stop them. As a com I can slow and knock them down, and if I fail to do that while they try to kite me, I'm the only one to blame for my death.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Never seen a game where using line of sight to heal and avoid alphas was not widely used in pvp. Its a valid strategy (albeit annoying).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Hey I am completely against this!!?
    Whats this!! U make rules about using skills???
    I wanna run free as i like...i wanna run and heal...its my choice...i am independent to select my skills
    If i dont...Commandoes always win...engines have many heals...too

What you want...operatives to loose???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silentarrow View Post
    No, a couple people in the tournament are out right abusing them to heal themselves to max health while their opponent has no chance to kill them.
    Okay first of all i completely disagree with this comment, If you are an op or a commando who does not have heal in your speck it should be your job to stop the player before they run and re heal.
    Let me make this very clear to everyone. EVERY SINGLE CLASS! has the ability to stop an opponent who is about to run and hide. Operatives have root, commandos have slow and knock down and Engineers have their own yellow stun thing. SO THERE SHOULD BE NO REASON! or excuse that your opponent has managed to get away.

The pillars are there for a reason, thats what they were made for!

So that engineers and ops can re heal. Its been like this in WOW and in other video games. The only reason people are complaining is that they DONT know how to stop it. I just told u how. So if ur opponent is on low hp, cripple them and finish the kill.

With the introduction of this rule many players including myself are contemplating to resign. Since obviously commandos will be able to kill all other classes very efficiently. Let me also make one more point clear they are THE ONLY CLASS that has the ability to do a self COMBO! why dont u disqualify those who use it?? i mean obviously ur giving them plat implants, THE COMBO and now u want to introduce a NO RUN/HEAL policy.

I MEAN cammon, how much more do u want to nerf all other classes lets not forget that Comandos also have 1 more heal regen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

I do have to agree with some points, how commando's are over-powered, since this is just BETA PVP, there are still some uneven aspects to PvP.

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daarkshadowzz View Post
    Okay first of all i completely disagree with this comment, If you are an op or a commando who does not have heal in your speck it should be your job to stop the player before they run and re heal.
    Let me make this very clear to everyone. EVERY SINGLE CLASS! has the ability to stop an opponent who is about to run and hide. Operatives have root, commandos have slow and knock down and Engineers have their own yellow stun thing. SO THERE SHOULD BE NO REASON! or excuse that your opponent has managed to get away.

So that engineers and ops can re heal. Its been like this in WOW and in other video games. The only reason people are complaining is that they DONT know how to stop it. I just told u how. So if ur opponent is on low hp, cripple them and finish the kill.

With the introduction of this rule many players including myself are contemplating to resign. Since obviously commandos will be able to kill all other classes very efficiently. Let me also make one more point clear they are THE ONLY CLASS that has the ability to do a self COMBO! why dont u disqualify those who use it?? i mean obviously ur giving them plat implants, THE COMBO and now u want to introduce a NO RUN/HEAL policy.

I MEAN cammon, how much more do u want to nerf all other classes lets not forget that Comandos also have 1 more heal regen.
    I believe Samhayne disagreed with your fighting style too. Yes, there is strategy for running. What you do is not strategy though. You literally SIT at the corners until you're full or near full health. According to Sam, it's an exploit and will be dealt with.

EDIT: Also you do not need to sit/"hide" to kill commandos. Have you ever considered maybe YOU just don't know how yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kenzor View Post
    To be fair, I see no problem with hiding behind pillars. There are no specific rules in pvp and anything goes. If your opponent decides to run and hide, it becomes your job to stop them. As a com I can slow and knock them down, and if I fail to do that while they try to kite me, I'm the only one to blame for my death.
    With commando it's very easy to stop them. Almost every single one of your skills stun/slow down. Now try and switch to an Operative or Engineer and accomplish the same thing. It's suddenly a lot harder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I believe Samhayne disagreed with your fighting style too. Yes, there is strategy for running. What you do is not strategy though. You literally SIT at the corners until you're full or near full health. According to Sam, it's an exploit and will be dealt with.

EDIT: Also you do not need to sit/"hide" to kill commandos. Have you ever considered maybe YOU just don't know how yet?

hmmm, SIT until FULL HP... pff

Quote Originally Posted by Silentarrow
    I've been pmed a couple of times that dome competitors are abusing the walls in the map to heal themselves to full health while their opponent has no chance of getting them. IMO and in the opinion of many others this is completly unfair. Doing this now will result in a disqualification from the tournament.

Note: It is ok to use the walls, but if they are abused you will be disqualified.

Please send proof that you're opponent is doing this with a picture if it is happening.

Thoughts? Opinions?

so its ok to hide/dodge using the pillar boxes. not abusing it by sitting til full HP.
    i admit i do hide on pillars but not Sitting til full HP. lmao
    Last edited by Cero; 12-07-2011 at 03:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post

Dark has managed to kill me with over half his hp remaining, without boasting i rarely lose 1v1 against any class. He does it with the correct spec and pvp technique and if he stuns and runs to kill me, well done him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Here are my thoughts on the "kitting/running away problem."

I think it's a good idea to specify that it's "running away" that's banned. And I totally agree, a fight where the opponent avoids confrontation isn't really what PL/SL pvp is about. In real life where lives are at stake, sure. But this is a contest to see who can play their best class offense/defence in a fight, not how well you can run away.

Kiting just barely within range is fine and often necessary if fighting a Commando. Just don't forget, the goal is to actually kill the enemy as fast as possible.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default ping

suppose if player has 800+ ping so should he join it or not

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #113
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know I've nearly completed a 1 v 1 face off arena. I suspect this might be useful for your tournament. It should be available in the near future.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Thade For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thade View Post
    Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know I've nearly completed a 1 v 1 face off arena. I suspect this might be useful for your tournament. It should be available in the near future.
    Any chance you could give us an 'arena completion' to 'new level cap' time ratio, as that could be important for the tourny.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thade:504943
    AWESOME! This is exciting! *pictures an octagon or X-shaped room*
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #116
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daarkshadowzz View Post

I think the new map that Thade is making will help to address kiting issues for 1v1. For this tournament, it's your show. You guys can do what you feel is best for everyone and the tournament. Me personally, I feel that excessive kiting and abuse of geometry is just that, an abuse. I just means that to be competitive, everyone will need to do this and then turn things into "who can kite the best." Which, to some extent pvp is about who can kite the best, but there is a line there somewhere where on one side it's cool and on the other side it's an abuse.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thade View Post
    Galactical coliseum comes to mind

If I may interject, from my previous experience in hosting a tournament, if the kiting issue is already on the verge of being an exploit, I would forbid it from being used. Slippery slope if you let it go, IMO.

Kiting for regen and cooldowns is acceptable to a degree, of course.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quite a few people here with skewed logic.

There is a fine line between kiting/LoS-ing and flat-out running.

The issue that Silent is trying to address is that people are abusing the pillars. Players are allowed to use it tactically, not abuse it.
    For instance, an op and com are battling it out. They both reach the 10% HP mark. The Op proceeds to pillar hug and repeatedly waits for his Inner Focus cooldowns until he reaches full or nearly full HP.
    It's not hard to spec 6 points into Inner Focus and hide behind the pillars till I get full health and mana.

On the other hand, I find it completely acceptable if the player uses the pillars to constantly dodge/juke enemy skills. THAT, I would consider a smart tactic.
    Why? Both players have equal opportunities of staying away from damage. If one player chooses to use the hide behind the wall to avoid damage, he won't be able to deal damage as well.
    Whereas if you just hide behind the pillars for the sole purpose of healing back to full health, it doesn't mean your opponent can do it as well. See my drift?

It also baffles me how people complain about Commandos being overpowered in PvP. Coming from someone who plays both a capped Op and Com, I can honestly say that Ops still have the upper hand. With Gravity Well being broken, it would take extreme luck for a Commando to catch up to a decent Operative player. Once GW gets fixed, I can honestly say that backbreaker combo damage needs to be toned down a bit, to maintain balance. The main problem is that most people prefer to whine about classes being OP instead of actually finding out a way to beat them. If anything, Engineers need a much needed buff.
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ProSophist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Good luck to all that are still in the tourny! I'm still going to spectate them.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProSophist View Post
    Quite a few people here with skewed logic.

There is a fine line between kiting/LoS-ing and flat-out running.

The issue that Silent is trying to address is that people are abusing the pillars. Players are allowed to use it tactically, not abuse it.
    For instance, an op and com are battling it out. They both reach the 10% HP mark. The Op proceeds to pillar hug and repeatedly waits for his Inner Focus cooldowns until he reaches full or nearly full HP.
    It's not hard to spec 6 points into Inner Focus and hide behind the pillars till I get full health and mana.

On the other hand, I find it completely acceptable if the player uses the pillars to constantly dodge/juke enemy skills. THAT, I would consider a smart tactic.
    Why? Both players have equal opportunities of staying away from damage. If one player chooses to use the hide behind the wall to avoid damage, he won't be able to deal damage as well.
    Whereas if you just hide behind the pillars for the sole purpose of healing back to full health, it doesn't mean your opponent can do it as well. See my drift?

It also baffles me how people complain about Commandos being overpowered in PvP. Coming from someone who plays both a capped Op and Com, I can honestly say that Ops still have the upper hand. With Gravity Well being broken, it would take extreme luck for a Commando to catch up to a decent Operative player. Once GW gets fixed, I can honestly say that backbreaker combo damage needs to be toned down a bit, to maintain balance. The main problem is that most people prefer to whine about classes being OP instead of actually finding out a way to beat them. If anything, Engineers need a much needed buff.

well said.