Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rushers already?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Sorry gonna get flamedIts pvp everyone that enters the map knows that be ready or be killed. I'm not gonna waste my time and others with are you ready? You sure? Tell me when? Not gonna happened. If you want to "DUEL" make a locked map and invite your dueling friends.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Acyer For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Anyone see that most recent Mayweather fight? Where he won because his opponent wasn't protecting himself at all times? Yeah same here. You shouldn't get into a PvP match if you aren't ready to fight.

Want to chat and PvP, make a private game.

Want to chat, go to a town.

Want to PvP, get ready to fight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Anyone see that most recent Mayweather fight? Where he won because his opponent wasn't protecting himself at all times? Yeah same here. You shouldn't get into a PvP match if you aren't ready to fight.

This is kinda the way I feel about it. The idea of having to wait and say "go", just never really understood it. I did it, to be nice, but really?

Guess that is why I don't pvp much.

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

For the three that posted above, do you know what I mean by rushing?

Have you been spawn rushed when you enter a game?

Has a whole team rushed you?

Again I'm not talking about 1 person rushing you. I'm talking about a group rushing or even being spawn rushed.

Let's see now, you just started and you have the same idea you are giving me now when you go into the game.

There's a rusher, lets say an Op since they are quick.

They spawn rush you, seems to me you don't have a problem with rushers, so you get after you die. He kills you again and again. Bam you get 10 deaths and 0 kills. That's your current ratio.

Now what do you do? Do you say hey its pvp I should have been ready, or what?
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995 View Post

They spawn rush you, seems to me you don't have a problem with rushers, so you get after you die. He kills you again and again. Bam you get 10 deaths and 0 kills. That's your current ratio.

Now what do you do? Do you say hey its pvp I should have been ready, or what?
    well...yes. That's how pvp works. Be ready to be flanked, attacked from the front, knocked into a corner, etc. Lining up and attacking after saying "ok ready go" is just pure luck. If my skills miss on your 2% dodge, and you hit me every time on my 50% dodge...luck. If I flank around the side of you when we're both looking for eachother and get the drop on you, then you're gonna die. Better luck next time.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua:499438

well...yes. That's how pvp works. Be ready to be flanked, attacked from the front, knocked into a corner, etc. Lining up and attacking after saying "ok ready go" is just pure luck. If my skills miss on your 2% dodge, and you hit me every time on my 50% dodge...luck. If I flank around the side of you when we're both looking for eachother and get the drop on you, then you're gonna die. Better luck next time.

No you keep going back to the rushing I don't care about. You keep misunderstanding me.

If you are in a game and you DON'T get spawn rushed, you DON'T get rushed by a team, but you DO get rushed 1 on 1. I don't care about that, and that's what you keep bringing up.

What I'm talking about is you entering a game without knowing you'll be rushed, and as soon as you pick a team you're killed. You respawn and you're killed again.

Maybe you are fighting someone and someone else joins the game. That person sees you are fighting someone else, they rush you and kill you. You try and fight back, you loose because they where waiting for you and they rush again. They leave the game and after giving you a couple deaths.

Still have no problem with rushing?

Doesn't matter if it's a team or one person doing this, its still what I'm talking about.

Now please leave the one on one rushing alone, I don't care about it if it's like that because you CAN fight back if that's happening.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I have to say i am sure there will be tweaks by devs to help this... As for me i just plain sck at pvp right now... My main is not setup in skills for it as i have 3 useless skills that r great for pve but not good in pvp... I do understand the spawn rush problem had it happen to me. As soon as i respawned i was attacked and boom.. down again in 1 secnd no time to react especially when 3 ppl attack u at once.. recomend a 1 v 1 pvp for duels and 5 v 5 for team with 2 random spawn places on each side this would help even it out as we would then have a second or two to react and heal. Problem is whn we respawn it is not at full health so it easy to immediately kill someone multiple times cause u can skill attck right as they r spawning as it takes a full second to enter. Mine died before i even spawned all the way in. Needs to be tweakd a lttle sts devs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Right there. AN operative. That's singular. If you get rushed by AN operative. Therefore, my entire post is relevant. You asked would I care if I got rushed by 1 operative. And my answer is no.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua:499459
    Right there. AN operative. That's singular. If you get rushed by AN operative. Therefore, my entire post is relevant. You asked would I care if I got rushed by 1 operative. And my answer is no.
    Lol wouldnt mind if it was one for me but i had 3 beating me up prtty bad... I even died before i respawned all the way in... See my post above i just wrote what do you think about the suggestions? Do you thnk would help a little and make it more interesting? As for me i do not be grudge ppl for playing the way they do... I just have to figure out how to avoid being rushed so i can stay in the fight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

AMEN!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post
    Lol wouldnt mind if it was one for me but i had 3 beating me up prtty bad... I even died before i respawned all the way in... See my post above i just wrote what do you think about the suggestions? Do you thnk would help a little and make it more interesting? As for me i do not be grudge ppl for playing the way they do... I just have to figure out how to avoid being rushed so i can stay in the fight.
    I like the idea of 1 vs 1 games, just without the ready set go thing people seem to want. 5 vs 5 might be too hectic with current gameplay, so I made a suggestion is another thread to do something kind of like Gears of War's "warzone" or COD's search a destroy (without the destroy part lol).

Everyone get's 1 life and the game wont start until the teams are full, or if they do start early, it wont let people join a team unless there's also a person to join the other team. Play each round until only 1 team has people left. Round ends. Rinse and repeat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

To the person who replied to me, what your explaining isn't rushing - that's a spawning issue, something which the devs have already confirmed is a problem, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    Hes talking about SPAWN rushing. I die then I respawn, after I respawn I lagg for a few seconds just enough time to be dead before im ready.
    That is what I understand to be spawn rushing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

A question to all the pro rushers in this thread.

If you happened to join a PvP match that had 3 players on 1 team. And 0 players on the other. You have one choice. The team with no players. So you make the choice. You enter the game. And all 3 opposition then rush you.

I'm pretty sure it's just a stat padding tactic. And if you do it your self then you are about as low as it gets.

I like the idea of 1 vs 1 games, just without the ready set go thing people seem to want.
    What is so wrong with having all players confirm they are ready. If you don't think it's a proper way to go about things then all you are out to do is take advantage of others.
    Last edited by Fac3bon3s; 12-02-2011 at 11:08 AM.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s:499492
    What is so wrong with having all players confirm they are ready. If you don't think it's a proper way to go about things then all you are out to do is take advantage of others.
    yeah nuff said. rushers can't fight fair .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s View Post
    A question to all the pro rushers in this thread.

If you happened to join a PvP match that had 3 players on 1 team. And 0 players on the other. You have one choice. The team with no players. So you make the choice. You enter the game. And all 3 opposition then rush you.

I'm pretty sure it's just a stat padding tactic. And if you do it your self then you are about as low as it gets.

If you see a team of 3 vs a team of 0...then leave. You don't have to join. If you join 3 vs 1, I don't know what else you expect to happen.

The ready set go thing just seems cheesy and childish to me. I keep comparing this to xbox live games because that's the system I played (all my brother had was fps games lol), but let's compare this to 1 vs 1 snipers. When you kill someone, they respawn in a new spot. You are still in your spot. Survival tactics say that you need to find him before he finds you because he knows the general area your shot came from. You wouldn't run out in the middle of the map and say "ok I'm gonna go back to this tower over here, give me 10 seconds please." I'd hate to see some of you guys on xbox live if you want ready set go before each fight.

I have no lag when I respawn after dying (don't die often so not many trials), and when I have respawned I've never been faced with a barrage of hits. You don't always respawn in the same spot. You guys want to play turn based, make sure everyone is ready games, go play chess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    You guys want to play turn based, make sure everyone is ready games, go play chess.
    Speed chess is for rushers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

If I can speak on behalf of the "pro-rushers", I don't actually promote rushing. There's no doubt that, although it's technically legal, rushing is seen as unsportsmanlike behavior.

However, I do promote being proactive. That is, if you find yourself being rushed over and over, do something about it. What you do can differ on each individual, fight back, leave, stay dead, etc.

IMO, what makes the whole rushing topic very two sided is that the pro-rushers see it that instead of being proactive, some players decide to be reactive. They know the problem - I wouldn't even call it a problem, more like a challenge - yet instead of trying to avoid, confront, or outsmart it, they come here and start naming players and start unneeded drama. Not referring to this thread, just the entire rushing issue in general.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellyidol For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Speed chess is for rushers!
    lololol with the timers and stuff??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

If I can speak on behalf of the "pro-rushers", I don't actually promote rushing. There's no doubt that, although it's technically legal, rushing is seen as unsportsmanlike behavior.

However, I do promote being proactive. That is, if you find yourself being rushed over and over, do something about it. What you do can differ on each individual, fight back, leave, stay dead, etc.

IMO, what makes the whole rushing topic very two sided is that the pro-rushers see it that instead of being proactive, some players decide to be reactive. They know the problem - I wouldn't even call it a problem, more like a challenge - yet instead of trying to avoid, confront, or outsmart it, they come here and start naming players and start unneeded drama. Not referring to this thread, just the entire rushing issue in general.
    THANK YOU. This is only a problem when people complain about it without trying something to counter it. You're stuck 3 vs 1? Call two friends. You're fighting 2 vs 1? Stay dead and think of a strategy to counter them. Knock away the harder opponent so he's out of the area, switch targets, pummel and kill the other. I've won a few 2 vs 1 battles by just being tactical and using the big square things on the map to my advantage.