Thread: Rushers already?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995 View Post
    Exactly, so either way you die.
    So kill them a few times.

There is no way that you can leave a certain time period after? Sometimes when I leave after a while, I don't get a death.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Do the mobs say 'go'?
    Does the MFer say 'go'?

SL is a fast paced game of kill or be killed. PL is set in the times of gentlemanly combat. The players in that game are on noble quests to defend against the influences of evil. Players in SL are hired mercenaries massacring protesters and evicting poor people from their home. Let's not let their arcane rules dictate our future!

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They rush cause they wanna be highest kill in leaderboards specially since pvp just started in sl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post

So kill them a few times.

There is no way that you can leave a certain time period after? Sometimes when I leave after a while, I don't get a death.

There can't be any fighting going on, if you leave while anyone is fighting you die. It's hard to kill spawn Rushers.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Do the mobs say 'go'?
    Does the MFer say 'go'?

SL is a fast paced game of kill or be killed. PL is set in the times of gentlemanly combat. The players in that game are on noble quests to defend against the influences of evil. Players in SL are hired mercenaries massacring protesters and evicting poor people from their home. Let's not let their arcane rules dictate our future!
    Ok we are talking about real life players, who know whether or not they will rush. Mobs are programmed to rush you, and we know they will. We don't exactly know who the rushers are yet, so it's hard to prepare. Also I remind you that with mobs, you can use stims/pots to heal yourself if to many attack. In pvp, you don't get that option so if you're rushed you can't heal like you would against a mob.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

There can't be any fighting going on, if you leave while anyone is fighting you die. It's hard to kill spawn Rushers.

Ok we are talking about real life players, who know whether or not they will rush. Mobs are programmed to rush you, and we know they will. We don't exactly know who the rushers are yet, so it's hard to prepare. Also I remind you that with mobs, you can use stims/pots to heal yourself if to many attack. In pvp, you don't get that option so if you're rushed you can't heal like you would against a mob.
    If it is because your team is outnumbered, you picked the wrong game.
    If it is because of lag, the devs need to implement a 5 second buffer for new players where they can not attack or be attack.
    If it is something else, then welcome to the future.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff:498937

If it is because your team is outnumbered, you picked the wrong game.
    If it is because of lag, the devs need to implement a 5 second buffer for new players where they can not attack or be attack.
    If it is something else, then welcome to the future.
    Teams where even, only the rusher attacked and spawn killed everyone.
    I get about 3-5 seconds of lag when I respawn, someone joins, or someone dies.

The devs should implement that buffer, but it should be a 15 second one. Also they should have the server (if its possible) pick out the rushers, so if they enter a game it would read: (Name) Rusher.

This gives everyone a couple seconds to prepare.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Game was still we all agreed to stop until I returned, all I did was go Afk for 10 seconds, come back I'm dead. I'm not complaining about being killed, I'm complaining about being rushed. Big difference.
    Well you mentioned it in your second post. I was just responding. It's not like it's a PVE arena. It's player vs player. Rushing is a common tactic in PvP. I used to compete in WoW 2vs2 arena's. And rushing was a tactic teams used to throw their opponents off. If you think it's bad here try doing Arena's in WoW and going up against frost mage, resto druid pairs.
    Last edited by Fac3bon3s; 12-01-2011 at 08:29 PM.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

All PvP match I've played so far I haven't 'died' but when in arena some others just join their team and its game over, when they die they say something like, niceee now watch this, and 1-2 more join, guess thats what you get by tryna play fair buddy.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Who cares. Since it just came out for sl a lot of people r doing it. Its a rush or get killed world lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to plmafiaboss For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You can call them whatever you like, but when it comes down to it, they are breaking no rules and simply playing the game (at how I think) it should be played.
    You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
    Announcing the Pocket Legend Fan Site!! Become Part of the Phenomenon!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plmafiaboss View Post
    Who cares. Since it just came out for sl a lot of people r doing it. Its a rush or get killed world lol
    Obviously Javier does. Sure it just came out in SL, but that does not mean people need to act like they've never done it before. When I join a game and the teams are uneven I ask the others to wait. If they do not. I leave. Simple. It sucks to have to leave but I'm not going to stay for 5-10 deaths. I'll take the one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s:498962

Well you mentioned it in your second post. I was just responding. It's not like it's a PVE arena. It's player vs player. Rushing is a common tactic in PvP. I used to compete in WoW 2vs2 arena's. And rushing was a tactic teams used to throw their opponents off. If you think it's bad here try doing Arena's in WoW and going up against frost mage, resto druid pairs.
    Actually in the game I was in we said no rushing. The first rusher left after he rushed me twice, then I went afk to ask why he rushed (I guess its not really afk since I was typing). When I finished bam I saw I was dead. Then I stayed down and saw the game turned into chaos. He began to rush all my teammates, but was as well. I don't tend to like ffa, and since it turned into it after he came in, I stayed down. I have never played WoW nor am I planning to play it. I've heard its awesome, so if I play I'll get addicted. I rather pay for a mobile company who's community I love, then pay somewhere I would have no friends lol. Personally STS is the only company I've spent money to buy ingame things from, and it'll stay that way for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster:498963
    All PvP match I've played so far I haven't 'died' but when in arena some others just join their team and its game over, when they die they say something like, niceee now watch this, and 1-2 more join, guess thats what you get by tryna play fair buddy.
    I guess I'll stop pvping for awhile then, until players mature a little and don't rush so much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I have never played WoW nor am I planning to play it. I've heard its awesome, so if I play I'll get addicted.
    This is why I no longer play. I was into hard core for a couple years. If your not careful it can creep into the realm of obsessive compulsive. If I could limit myself in time played I would. But for some reason with that game I could not. So I quit.

I'm with you on rushing. It's lame here because there is no form of waiting till everyone is ready. It would be great if when joining a game you could choose a team enter the map. But no dmg can be done until everyone clicks "ready to play".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s View Post
    I'm with you on rushing. It's lame here because there is no form of waiting till everyone is ready. It would be great if when joining a game you could choose a team enter the map. But no dmg can be done until everyone clicks "ready to play".
    Agreed! Today in SL, I went on, just to try it out. I said wait, to change my weapon, and when I looked, they killed me. With the quote above, it could even be that BASE could be a damage free zone.
    Nickyeagle- Lvl 70 Archer
    Proud and loyal Recruit of Chicken's Invasion (PL)

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Am I missing something? I've been 3v1, 5v1, 20v1 before in various mmo's. This is the first I've heard of this charging tactic being poor form. It stinks to be rushed, but you arent exactly in a 1v1 arena.

If its rushing when people are experiencing lag, either from respawn, members joining/leaving a game, or your phone, then yeah that should be looked into. That stinks.

If its just the community frowning on what is considered fair rules of engagement in a play-mode that is clearly not designed for constant 1v1's... then I don't know what to say lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Join my games! As I said before, everybody is good in my PvP games.
    (I'm Santa Abe. C'mon who is naughty in front of me? )

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

So took my level 6 Twink out for a blast and got rushed by a load of lvl 10-11s do you think that's also fair?? :P

You can't even tell what lvl they are until they are on your team, got 25+ kills and 14 deaths/exits, then bam 19 deaths haa, oh well, the level requirements should be set a little different, 5-6 shouldn't have to go against Lvl 10-11 lol. The funny thing was one on one I was taking this dude to the cleaners until the others joined.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s:499003

Agreed! That is what SL pvp should be like! Let us leave this thread and I'll make another on suggestions to stop rushing.

Thread closed my dear friends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Okay i am totaly new to this pvp.. do not know what rushing is but found myself at a distinct disadvantage as a commando and a 10 second cool down to skill attacks i found most of the time the other team took out my teammates 3 on 1 i got a couple of aoe shots off but then found myself fighting 3 plyrs by myself needless to say i died before any of my skills recovered... As a commando i feel useless in pvp as my aoe skills do little damage compared to ops skill attacks especially when they all attack me at once ... Hmmm... Eng didnt even have time to heal us cause i was dead in 2 to 3 seconds... Need to see a skill tweak in cool down rate as an op was able to get off 2 to 3 shots of the same skill to my one and waiting for it to recover. Also our dps is lower than op as well and health and armor does not seem to make the difference i thoughtt it would. Have an armor of 1296 for 3 seconds and health of 626 yet they were able to kill me quick before i could even get off more than 1 or 2 skill shots... Also it seems i do not do as much damage either as i am doing 20 to 30 dmg compared to thier 50 to 70 dmg (even with my armor at 1296 and dodge at 16)... Need to explain rushing to me... The games i was in we respawned at circles then at it again... But it seemd only had half health when respawned cause i died even faster... For me i do not see any fun in this as without an eng to heal whn we respawn we do not have enough health to withstand the attack... I am new to pvp so that may be the issue but just seems once u die u have a disadvantage the rest of the match. Pve i can take out large mobs in matter of seconds... In pvp i cant even take out one plyr before my cmmndo goes down in a heap... :/ guess just no good at it. But do see how i can win when my team just dies then i am trying to take on 3 plyrs at once... I know if i cant play then dont play pvp... But would like to know is it me or am i at a disadvantage as a commndo with low dmg even with skills at 5 and 6.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Um what do you mean by rushing
    IGNs
    AL: Dsll - Mage lvl 40 ~ Dslll - Rogue lvl 11
    SL: Olz - Engineer lvl 46 ~ Troopakoopa - Operator lvl 20